Micro 333 -- Medical Mafia ~~Game Over~~

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:10 pm

Post by tn5421 »

:o
WIP
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

:eek:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:12 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

:eek:
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Post by tn5421 »

Such spam, keep it up and I might have to move my vote. :3
WIP
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:16 pm

Post by ZZZX »

saturnine
and

Cooldog

stop lurking

-ZZZX part of ZZZX (is there another part? naaah but its cool to type that like ;))
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by ZZZX »

In post 53, tn5421 wrote:Such spam, keep it up and I might have to move my vote. :3
Hurr DUrr I just caught scum here

IT WAS
Spoiler:
Mafia goons
who are scum ALL ALONG! I AM SURE 100%

GO LYNCH
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Fri May 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I love incomplete playerlists. So for people who have played this before, how much does this end up being about night action divining?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:03 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 56, Not_Mafia wrote:I love incomplete playerlists. So for people who have played this before, how much does this end up being about night action divining?
Idk but not much. I read a few gamers
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:03 am

Post by ZZZX »

games like this *
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:10 am

Post by tn5421 »

This is my first real role-confusion type game.
WIP
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:13 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 59, tn5421 wrote:This is my first real role-confusion type game.
I used to do dethy
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:46 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@NM
A you suck vote already? Instead of getting defensive and spammy why not just explain your RVS choice and opportunistic you suck vote and move on?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 12:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Because I wanted to make the Married to the Mod joke (Rach is engaged to Nobody Special), you're looking too hard for tells in random RVS joking. Instead of just dismissing my vote as OMGUS, you could actually respond to me and ZZZX.
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:12 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@Role Madness
I've played a few of these. In my experience night action information isn't very informative until towards the end of the game because there are too many variables and permutations to account for. The most effective way to play the early game seems to be to treat this like a vanilla game. You can go back and put the pieces of the puzzle together later.

Personally I plan on being as transparent as possible while alive. In that spirit I can reveal that post 32 was made to draw a reaction. Nobody had more than 1 vote so I started an RVS wagon for a random reason to see how NM would respond and also to see how everyone else would respond to my pressure vote.

ZZZX's response was to call RVS over. That made me Chuckle. He's right too. It was time to start playing. Good response.
Bearclaw's response was to be suspicious. I think the overreach was pretty obvious. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. Good response.
RachMarie's response was to suggest she is suspicious of forced reads. I agree. Again there's nothing wrong with pointing that out. She also didn't respond to my fake Town read on her. Good response.
NM's response to a whopping two votes is to lose his cool with me and be immature and spammy with TN. That is not a response I would expect. If you are Town why not just explain yourself and move on since you would have legitimate Town reasons for your motivation?
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:16 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

@NM
That poster makes sense then. I would have no way of knowing that was a joke so again there is no reason to be so defensive. I have responded to your accusation in my last post. Looking forward to your interpretation.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Transparency is good but it just came off as forced to me, I understand you that you couldn't have got the joke but I don't really see how that changes this. The 'pressure vote' explanation is... meh, RVS is pretty much de facto pressure voting, I find that people who try to force the game out of RVS early rather than just letting it develop organically are scum towncredding.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:29 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 65, Not_Mafia wrote:Transparency is good but it just came off as forced to me, I understand you that you couldn't have got the joke but I don't really see how that changes this. The 'pressure vote' explanation is... meh, RVS is pretty much de facto pressure voting, I find that people who try to force the game out of RVS early rather than just letting it develop organically are scum towncredding.
Well not when the rvs is having noone posting at all

Before I posted my post game was stalled for an amazingly long time
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:32 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

The game hasn't really started yet though, we have a 3 week deadline, we don't need to bludgeon our way out of RVS so soon, it just gives scum an opportunity to skate past it and easily latch on to whatever wagon we end up with
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:34 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 67, Not_Mafia wrote:The game hasn't really started yet though, we have a 3 week deadline, we don't need to bludgeon our way out of RVS so soon, it just gives scum an opportunity to skate past it and easily latch on to whatever wagon we end up with
I am trying to get info, A long deadline doesnt mean we shouldnt try to apply pressure

what we are doing right now was wasting time. We have 0 info and I hardly have reliable reads yet.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 1:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I feel like we're talking past each other here, for want of a better term. I'm not saying we shouldn't apply pressure. But we only really have 3-5 active players on a 9 player list so far, if we just tunnel on one person we're potentially making scum's entry in to the game easier, RVS is useful, it can catch awkward scum. Look at NT for example and his really awkward entry, I want to see how he and other players interact in RVS. I like the eagerness, I just don't think we need to drag the game out of RVS yet
Chuck_Norris
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Chuck_Norris
Townie
Townie

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:19 am

Post by Chuck_Norris »

My feeling is that you read the late arrivals based on their interpretation of events. I don't see how it makes them easier to hide. If anything it can really expose their scum buts. Really, it's no different from how a regular day plays out if you think about it. You're lucky if you have more than 3-5 active players driving the conversation during any given day phase.

Is your concern really about ending RVS? Or is your concern that RVS is ending with a focus on you?

At least we agree on one thing. NT's response was awkward.
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:37 am

Post by tn5421 »

There isn't any rush, but we shouldn't slack on the early days just because we have a lot of time. That reminds me too much of my high school days...always procrastinating on school projects.
WIP
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 2:55 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 31, Chuck_Norris wrote:This is a good news/bad news situation. Good news is that I'm here and I've played a lot of mafia. Bad news is that this is my first game on this site so I might need some help with site specific meta and terms.

Let me get caught up and give some thoughts.

Chuck
You pick what might be one of the most weird "meta" set-ups to play your first game.
In post 44, tn5421 wrote:Shame on you guys, 44 posts and no references to House?
House is over rated.
In post 47, Not_Mafia wrote:Let's wagon VOTE: Chuck Norris #32 so forced
No, stop your dumb omgus right now.
In post 67, Not_Mafia wrote:The game hasn't really started yet though, we have a 3 week deadline, we don't need to bludgeon our way out of RVS so soon, it just gives scum an opportunity to skate past it and easily latch on to whatever wagon we end up with
Why not do it anyway? Doesn't Non-RVS time give us more information? I personally want more information, so let's get the hell out of RVS.
vote: Not_mafia
after a wank.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

So what did you think of Chuck's post?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat May 03, 2014 4:09 am

Post by tn5421 »

You done fucked up now.