Honary Hitchhiker
Townie
Honary Hitchhiker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:27 pm

Post by Honary Hitchhiker »

Fos: Lateralus

Its something about his posts. He seemed desperate to turn away suspicison on him even going as far as to state he is a townie. Seemed a little scummy to me.
[b][u]People who need to die in a game[/u][/b]
Rishi- For critizing me for missing his vote on the vote count.
BM- For lynching me as doctor. >=(
Myself- For being so damn hard to be agreeable with.
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:41 am

Post by Ripley »

OK< here are my current suspicions.

Honary Hitchhiker
remains a prime suspect. I gave my original reasons back in post 38. He never attempted to respond to that and seems now to be trying to blend in, with his latest post FOS'ing, with very vague reasoning, the person currently receiving the most attention (Lateralus).

Lateralus:
To a certain extent here I'll be repeating things others have said, but really he seemed to be doing his best to place his vote wherever it was most likely to lead to a lynch, and accompanying his votes and unvotes with meaningless or unconvincing reasons.

Post 17: votes YogurtBandit "out of randomness" - hmm, just a coincidence that YB was the only player on 2 votes at the time, then? Obviously not, because when challenged Lateralus replied "well how else we gonna get somewhere on day one..." which surely is an admission that his vote wasn't random at all. Which is highly suspicious.

Post 46: unvotes YogurtBandit because "I like yogurt". So, nothing to do with the fact that yours was by then the only vote on YB, then?

Post 56: votes ssf because it "just seems like hes trying to start a bandwagon on me. ", although ssf had in fact just unvoted him. Claims not to have noticed this though it's pretty hard to miss, right there in black and white in the previous post. And surprise surprise, for a second time Lateralus has singled out a player already on 2 votes for his own vote.

Then comes post 64.
Lateralus wrote:this is ridiculous.... no rush at all here i just want to see how we can get through a day without random votes and stupid ones...
The irony of this, coming from Lateralus, has already been noted.
Lateralus wrote:I have yet to see a reasonable post that I can build a disscusion on
this just sounds like blaming everyone else for your own mistakes. And I think there have been plenty of reasonable posts. What kind of discussion do you mean? It sounds almost as if you haven't been able to find material to build a case against anybody else, and you're actually saying that's our fault for not doing enough scummy stuff, and therefore you're entitled to bang out votes for ludicrous reasons. (Despite having said your avowed intention is to get through a day without "random votes and stupid ones"...)
Lateralus wrote:and that third vote thing is pretty lame just cause i voted third on one person automatically makes me suspicous?
You did it twice, and without convincing reasoning.

Post 67: "jesus ill takeone for the townie team just lynch me.." Histrionics.

Rishi
is starting to catch my attention for his repeated defending of Lateralus.

Post 52: "Still, Lateralus did remove his vote eventually. Honorary Hitchhiker still has his vote on somestrangeflea still up." Planting the seed of the idea that HH is the scummier of the two.

Post 69: "Yeah I'm not sure what's going on with Lateralus. I'm guessing he doesn't realize how long these games go. " Offering an excuse.

And then Post 72, all of which is reassuring and supportive of Lateralus. The bit of this post that really struck me as odd was this:
Rishi (to Lateralus) wrote:I think you gave a fairly good explanation of your reasoning.
The explanation he appears to be referring to is this:
Lateralus wrote:I suspected SSF because he began a bandwagon on me then he took it off and i kept the vote on him and then you guys started to suspect me cause i had not known he had removed his vote on me and then people thought it was odd that i had the 3rd vote on one person which for some reason gave me the FOS from everyone thought i did say it was random because i did not have anyother reason. and the only thing i can talk about is proving myself innocent which i am.... and the only thing i can speculate was SSF attempt at a bandwagon towards me but soon he removed it. and now just cause of a random vote im automattically scum thats just not right.
Seriously, you call this a fairly good explanation? To some extent the problem with it may be the lack of punctuation, but to me it reads like incoherent rambling.

AmeliaLi
: I agree with Crub that her criticism of a player for FOSes (Post 64) doesn't make much sense. And she's hardly said anything else.

YogurtBandit
: Look at his posts, there's nothing there at all apart from the early votes and confirm votes on ssf (four in total) and then the unvote (because it was random anyway). And that's it.

I still haven't decided whether to move my vote. Lateralus has done a lot of stuff I really don't like, but HH is avoiding posting anything that might be a bit controversial. And there are other candidates floating around. I'm going to think about this some more.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:26 am

Post by Rishi »

Ripley wrote: Seriously, you call this a fairly good explanation? To some extent the problem with it may be the lack of punctuation, but to me it reads like incoherent rambling.
I was being polite. It seemed that he was taking the game a little too personally and I didn't want him to quit or become frustrated with the game. He seemed frustrated because he thought we had already decided he was guilty and that we were going to lynch him immediately. I wanted to assure him that not everyone has made up their mind yet. I'm reasonably sure that Lateralus is a newbie. I know this isn't a newbie game (plus, I'm fairly new myself), so I probably should have just kept my mouth shut.

Besides, I honestly think Lateralus' mistakes were just pure stupidity than actual suspicious behavior. I am more disturbed by Honary Hitchhiker, who actually is a coherent writer and isn't even attempting to justify his voting patterns.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Lateralus
Lateralus
Townie
Lateralus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:26 am

Post by Lateralus »

happy 4th everyone :o .

Im not saying that you guys are stupid im just saying that most of the games i play turn there first vote out of randomness and stupidity stuff. when i did vote for YB i said out of randomness... and it was my first vote and randomness. and also when i removed it i tired to get some comedic relief to the game... when i did voted for SF as mentioned before i voted because he began the bandwagon on me... and i had noticed he had removed it so my vote still stood until i finally noticed he did remove it i removed it then i was speculated by everyone and i do admit i began to panic so i tried my best to change your guys' mind.... and here we are now.
Woah Danger
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:03 am

Post by DeliciousGoldfish »

CLAP CLAP CLAP for Ripley. Great analysis.

I see many flaws in the play of Lateralus and your analysis touched on them all.

But I'm not ready to vote him yet.

My reason being Mr. Honorary Hitchhiker. He was FOSed, voted, and questioned, yet he flew under the radar while Lateralus fried at the hands of the town... And then he pipes up with his FOS for Lateralus? Not answering questions and then only saying that there's just "something" about the posts of Lateralus? That seems somewhat opportunistic if you ask me.

If HH doesn't give some sort of valid explanation... I say we pressure him with some votes if not lynch him here in this first day.
The snack that smiles back.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Rishi »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote: My reason being Mr. Honorary Hitchhiker. He was FOSed, voted, and questioned, yet he flew under the radar while Lateralus fried at the hands of the town... And then he pipes up with his FOS for Lateralus? Not answering questions and then only saying that there's just "something" about the posts of Lateralus? That seems somewhat opportunistic if you ask me.

If HH doesn't give some sort of valid explanation... I say we pressure him with some votes if not lynch him here in this first day.
I also want him to explain how he spelled "Honorary" wrong as "Honary."
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:27 am

Hahaha... I can't even spell it wrong when I am supposed to!

Ok, HONARY Hitchhiker: Explain thyself!
Mert
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mert
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:09 am

Post by Mert »

Votecount

Honary Hitchhiker
(2)
Ripley, Crub

No Lynch
(1):
Honary Hitchhiker

Not Voting
(6):
AmeliaLi, DeliciousGoldfish, Lateralus, Rishi, Somestrangeflea, YogurtBandit

Five'll do it, guys!
[i]"Awesome Proton Pack, Flay!"[/i] - [size=75][b]Petroleumjelly[/b][/size]
[i]"It would be suicide for scum to go after Mert"[/i] - [size=75][b]Dral[/b][/size]
Honary Hitchhiker
Honary Hitchhiker
Townie
Honary Hitchhiker
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:13 am

Post by Honary Hitchhiker »

DeliciousGoldfish wrote:Hahaha... I can't even spell it wrong when I am supposed to!

Ok, HONARY Hitchhiker: Explain thyself!
Right well I can say for myself that it was a random vote not as much as trying to bandwangon SSF but this might be due to noob experience I have. Thats why in a later post I Unvoted SSF and voted noone since I messed up enough with my votes already. My random actions seemed to have gotten me voted, Fos, and pressured. All im trying to do is get back on the right track so thats why I Fos Lateralus since he had some scummy posts posted for him. I will admit I had no valid reason for my votes and I realize that now so I'm trying to get myself together.
[b][u]People who need to die in a game[/u][/b]
Rishi- For critizing me for missing his vote on the vote count.
BM- For lynching me as doctor. >=(
Myself- For being so damn hard to be agreeable with.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:01 am

So you are honestly voting for a no lynch Honary Hitchhiker? Why a no lynch? You realize that is bad for the town, right? You FOS Lateralus to conform with the town but vote a no lynch? Had you not voted no lynch your last post may have cleared you for, at least in my head, for the most part... But seeing on the Votecount that you have indeed voted to not lynch... You could just not vote for now...
Ripley
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Ripley
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:07 am

Post by Ripley »

I hadn't even realised HH had voted to no lynch. (I thought he just meant he wasn't going to vote for anyone at the moment.) I'm even more suspicious of him now.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Post by Rishi »

Honary Hitchhiker wrote:Hmm he was quick to make the first vote if it was by number odds. So im going to have to
Vote:somestrangeflea
Honary Hitchhiker wrote:Right well I can say for myself that it was a random vote not as much as trying to bandwangon SSF but this might be due to noob experience I have. Thats why in a later post I Unvoted SSF and voted noone since I messed up enough with my votes already. My random actions seemed to have gotten me voted, Fos, and pressured. All im trying to do is get back on the right track so thats why I Fos Lateralus since he had some scummy posts posted for him. I will admit I had no valid reason for my votes and I realize that now so I'm trying to get myself together.
These posts seem to contradict each other. You said that your vote for somestrangeflea was random, but, your first random vote was actually for Ripley. You definitely were trying to bandwagon somestrangeflea. Your reason was pretty thin, but you did have a reason.

And now that a lot of people are suspicious of Lateralus, you are being suspicious of him as well. I think you're looking very hard to find a bandwagon.

By the way, looking at Honary Hitchhiker's posts, his last vote said "Vote: Noone." I guess Mert interpreted that as a No Lynch.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 3:45 pm

If the last 3 of us, myself, Rishi, and Crub are suspicious, we decide to vote for him... And Crub keeps their vote on HH, that puts Honary Hitchiker at -1...

I really have a gut feeling about HH. And his posts just don't match... Nor are they very pro-town. Even if he didn't necessarily "Vote: No Lynch." He's still #1 on my suspicious list.

So I am going to
Vote Honary Hitchiker
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:45 pm

Post by Crub »

DGF you have a knack of confusing me :? I think I get what you are trying to say though :) If you and rishi vote HH he'll be at L-1. From his posts I get the feeling that he was already feeling the pressure from just ripley's and my vote, and the numerous fingers pointing in his direction. I know it's early but I think if we put him at L-1 and force a claim we may get enough information to make a decision. Amelia and Yoghurt what are your thoughts? We haven't heard much from you two at all?
Moo?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Rishi »

I just said I was suspicious. I want Honary Hitchhiker to have at least one more chance to speak in his own defense before I put him at lynch -1.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Jul 04, 2007 6:07 pm

What I meant by "the last 3 of us" was the last 3 of us to have posted against HH.

I think that we all want to hear HH speak sine more. I'm with Crub on this one.

He's at -2 right now with my vote on him.
Lateralus
Lateralus
Townie
Lateralus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:22 am

Post by Lateralus »

FoS:HH

Seems odd that you would vote no lynch.
Woah Danger
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:26 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

I have the feeling that HH was just trying to highlight his unvote, but...

IGMEOY: HH

Just in case...
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:27 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

I really think HH is scum.

Unvote, Vote HH
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:31 am

Honary Hitchhiker (4): Ripley, Crub, DeliciousGoldfish, YogurtBandit
No Lynch (1): Honary Hitchhiker

Not Voting (4): AmeliaLi, Lateralus, Rishi, Somestrangeflea,

Just wanted to point out that HH is at lynch-1. Careful kids, I personally don't want a lynch before page 6 or 7.

Have fun.
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:46 am

Ok, with HH at -1.... That leaves the hammer in the hands of people who also see him as scum.

And HH isn't defending himself all that well...

I don't know what we could debate for 2-3 more pages.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:47 am

It's not that I don't want HH lynched, it's just that I don't want any lynch before page 6 or 7, as an early lynch normally benefits the Mafia.
YogurtBandit
YogurtBandit
Goon
YogurtBandit
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:50 am

Post by YogurtBandit »

Well, HH is obv scum right now.
[color=red]├é┬Ñ├é┬░gůřť├â┼©├â┬Ñň├â
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 am

I'm quite noob so... How does a quick lynch help the mafia?
DeliciousGoldfish
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
DeliciousGoldfish
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:57 am

And just an fyi, I still find Lateralus odd. He just went after HH but only an FOS...

And HH went after Lateralus in his post...

They could be unaffiliated but I am wondering if they're trying to separate so if one gets lynched the other one won't follow suit because of affiliation....

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”