Tell me a story!

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:51 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Was told I should post these here. Background: Mentioned I remember every single person who was ever a jerk or didn't tip right in the 10 years I worked in the restaurant industry. Here are the stories behind each of those people. :P

EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
Spoiler: I remember every single one
  1. 2000, private seafood restaurant/bar in Chelsea, mid-high price range, semi-formal dining (white table cloth). Upstairs 7 top. The guy paying was a large man with brown suspenders. 6 cokes. Crab cakes. Lobster bisque. Stuffed clams. Oysters on the half. Cheesecake. Bottle service. Check was $210, tipped $1. This was my first serving gig. I was 16 and training with another server. I spilled the wine on myself. I forgot to add the gratuity for 6+. My trainer was not pleased. I cried.

2. 2001, same place. 2 top, lunch. Middle-aged professionals, whiskey/waters, steamed mussels, side salads, lobster rolls. $43, tipped nothing. Complained about having a non-white female server (me) in words that specifically did not allow us to kick them out. Sent back the salads because they wanted them with the sandwiches, but didn't tell me that when they ordered. Sent back the whiskey/waters because there was no ice, even though I asked, "Would you like those on the rocks?" when I took the order and they shooed me away. Total. Douchebags.

3. 2005, tex mex place, east midtown. 4 top, 3 men, 1 woman, quite... ghetto. Nachos, waters with extra, extra lemon and sugar on the side ( :igmeou: ) 4 steaks, well done. $77, paid $80, "Keep the change, mama. You were great." Yeah, my ass.

4. 2005, same place. 2 British women. Two 7/7s and two unsweetened iced teas. Two clubs, one fries, one sub salad with blue cheese. More 7/7s. 3 hour lunch. Saucy old ladies. "Come sit with us, girl, we're lonely!" Chat them up, they love me. $85 worth of 7/7s. Shared sundae. $2 tip. "Have a lovely evening!" Fuck you.

5. 2005, well known pasta place in Chelsea. 50 cent and his posse of 8 come strolling in, and demand we shut down the entire back section during the lunch rush. "Do you know who this guy is?" says one of his crew. (As if celebrities were uncommon in NYC restaurant industry.) O....k.... done. Me and another server share the table, give them stellar service. They love us. Absolutely fucking love us. Everything is great. $450 bill!!! Did NOT add autograt for the 8 top out of respect for celebrity. He left $4. After they left, we were speechless and sat there in shock. Then one of the girls came back a few minutes later and handed us $200. But still... that was pretty tacky.

6. 2007, Times Square mega popular American style bar/grill. 4 top after local high school prom. Sampler app, 4 salads, 4 strip steaks of varying temps - they all came out perfectly. 4 cheesecakes. $127, tipped $4. Fucking teenage motherfuckersdklfal;dkja;

7. 2008, MISSISSIPPI! I was stuck there and had to make some money. Was working for a corporate chain (same American bar/grill), they let me pick up a few shifts. 40th birthday for some woman. She brought 11 of her obnoxious girlfriends. Mudslides and margaritas for the whole table. Constantly. Everything was perfect. They were smiling and appeared to be having a great time. Until the check came. Total was $396, but they wanted it split. Autograt because lol12top. "YOU WHITE BITCH, YOU THINK WE WON'T TIP? WELL WE AINT GONNA NOW!" I shit you not. They called me white. I get the manager, she goes over, talks to the birthday girl, who tells her that they specifically asked for separate checks because they didn't want the autograt.. .... But I thought you said I put it on there because I hate you or something... except you already knew it would be on there.... Manager comped 50% and they tipped nothing. I think that was the original intent.

8. 2010, same American bar/grill chain. Two young people on a date for Valentine's Day (lol.. you brought her here....) Couple of steaks, sodas, shared desert. $32. "Um.. I need to go to the ATM.
    We'll
    be right back." No you won't. "I can't let you both leave. Can one of you stay?" "Um.... yeah..." The girl stays, the guy walks out. The girl looks nervous. The guy comes back after like 15 minutes. They whisper nervously to each other while me and my manager hang at the end of the section (it was near closing). He quickly puts some cash in the check holder, and they scoot out, while I'm walking towards the table. As I reach for the bill thing, they run. The manager magically appears at the door. There was a $5 in there. The girl starts crying. We make the guy do dishes for the next hour. I never got the money but sweet justice. Servers passing the dish area spat at him. I didn't, I thought that was a bit much. But still. He deserved it.

9. 2010, fake "Australian" steakhouse :wink: 4 top, newlyweds and hubby's parents. The new wife orders the filet mignon, medium-well. I ask her if she would like steak sauce. Food comes, and she looks at it like it's the most disgusting thing on the planet. I ask if she would like to cut into to it to make sure the temp is good for her. She says to me, with the bitchiest bitch face, "This isn't fish." Suddenly, I'm confused. That was not the response I was expecting. I am honestly flabberghasted. I don't know how to respond. She repeats herself. Finally, I say, "Yes ma'am. It's a steak." She says, "I wanted the fish." I am fucking speechless. I DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK TO SAY. So, I say, "Of course. Let me get a menu for you and I'll make sure you get exactly what you want." Fish?! I bring the menu, she points to the item she ordered, on the page with the giant letters at the top that says "Steaks" and the huge picture of slabs of cow on a fire grill. I say, "Yes ma'am, that's a filet mignon, it's a particularly tender cut of steak." I turn the page for her, to the seafood section, "These are all the fish items that we offer. I'd be happy to get anything you like, free of charge. (We had a certain amount we could give away each night.) End of the meal, hubby complains to the manager that I made his wife feel stupid. ............ Full comp. No tip.
Art is cool.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 am

Post by T S O »

I'm maybe missing life experience and I don't want to sound judgmental, but isn't $3/4 a quite decent tip?

Maybe in America it's different.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:38 am

Yes :P it's different in the US. Tipped employees pay taxes on their sales since our gov't cant/doesn't track cash tips. It's expected for a tip for food service to be around 15% of the sale. If your bill is $15 to $20 then $3-4 would be a good tip. There's a whole thread on this :wink:
Art is cool.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:40 am

Post by T S O »

Oh, okay. Fair enough.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:50 am

Post by CooLDoG »

ETL wanted me to post a full story of this in here. The names have been changed to protect the guilty.

So... This was a while ago, near when I started college. Some of my friends from back home decided it would be a cool idea to come up and party for one night. I thought it was a cool idea too. THey brought booze and weed because that is what you do for such things. This was before I knew that I hated weed, but any way. So
Eric
and
Martin
came into my room. My roomate was there with some of his friends and we didn't want them there. SO in plain view Martin pulled out a bong and Eric started talking about cocaine to get them the fuck out. It must be noted that we were all dressed in black in a sorta classy way. Eric had a trench coat. Martin had some sort of wierd t-shirt, and I had a black button down. So when the three of us came in they were pretty shocked and left right away.

So the RA, who is a fucking douchebag, comes around a few mins later and knocks on the door. Right when MArtin was making a joke about how we made those guys leave by making a snorting sound. Yeah, fuck martin at this point. So we hide the fucking shit and stand in front of the booze. The RA comes around and asks us what the hell is going on. We respond, "what? Nothing." HE then looks around and sniffs (he is a douchebag) SO then he leaves and we immediately roll three blunts as fast as we can. And then we leave to bring some shit from their car. I walk off with martin and eric goes off to see my brother in his room.

Martin and I take a few pulls on the way to the car and discuss how Eric can be a douchebag sometimes and is pretty damn controlling. We were also worried that we might get in trouble so we decided it would be best to stay away from my room.

So we meet up again and play poker in my brother's room and smoke a blunt and have a great time. THEN:

I get a phone call from a guy I know hangs out with my roomate. He said, "yo, you need to get back to your room as fast as possible. Your roomate is fucked." So me, martin and eric run to my dorm room. At this point it is around 1:30. So in the bathroom of our dorm my roomate is completely fucked. Soaked in vomit. shivering. non-responsive. NOt talking. He only moaned occasionally. SO we were like fuck. WHat the hell. Now, you must understand that our RA is a fuck-wad and he wouldn't let my roommate off the hook if he found out about it. But this was pretty goddamn fucked up, so me and another guy convinced the other people there that we should call the fuck-bag to get an ambulence for my roommate. The Irony: if he had stayed with us he wouldn't have gotten fucked up.

So I wake the fuck bag up and tell him to call a goddamn ambulance. At which point he says, "give me a minute" and proceeds to put on all of his cloths (skinny shorts, a button down, and fucking douchebag cologne). So asks me what happened and I tell him and we he calls 911 and whaterver. So I go back to my room get even more shit faced. Smoke another blunt...

SO... here is the kicker. A week later the Area coordinator comes by my room. And I was like, "what the fuck?" And he asked me, "did you snort cocaine?" and I said, "What are you talking about? I don't understand." "Well your RA wrote up a report that says he heard you guys talking about cocaine, so I was wondering..." "No, we did not do cocaine. All we did was smoke some cigarettes outside, which is okay, right?" That's my tactic for getting out of shit. Give them a little something to make them think you are being 100% honest. So he bought it and was like, "well we were just concerned, so yeah, have a nice day."

And so nothing happened for a while. No official movement by the university or anything. They had no evidence because there was none. Everything was going fine and I had more or less forgot about the whole thing until I went home for spring break. My parents sit me down and ask me point blank, "Did you snort cocaine? Because the housing people said you did. You aren't in any trouble, but we wanted to know if you did or not." So that happened. I explained asked them, "How could I have helped my roommate if I was inebriated? And honestly, Dad, do you think I would be that stupid?"

And to this day I still don't know what my parents think happened that night.

TL;DR: Friends came over, RA tried to bust us for doing cocaine when we didn't. Roommate got totally fucked up, had to go to hospital. They told my parents I snorted coke.

Extra: after spring break my RA came into my room one day drunk. He then sat on my roommates bed and started talking to him. Then I threw away a glass coke bottle and it made a clinking sound because there were more in there. He then proceeded to ask me what was in my trash can. I said, "fucking coke bottles you can buy at the store. What do you think is in there." "I don't know?" "Be my guest, you can go through my fucking trash can if you want to. I don't care." "Okay, I believe you." "No really, go through my trash." "No it's okay..." At this point he collapsed onto the bed and was about to go to sleep. My roommate kicked him out and then looked at me and said, "Well, he got drunk." "Yeah, no shit. Fuck that guy."
after a wank.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:38 am

Post by SleepyKrew »

Why did you need the RA to call 911?
To be clear: quack
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:33 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 80, SleepyKrew wrote:Why did you need the RA to call 911?

so he could technically get immunity rule. Which means that he wouldn't have to have disciplinary action taken against him. A fucking stupid rule that encourages people to get as fucked up as possible so they don't get into to trouble.
after a wank.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:38 am

Post by shaft.ed »

why do you care if the RA gets disciplinary action taken against him?
Catbug
Catbug
Goon
Catbug
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:43 am

Post by Catbug »

In post 82, shaft.ed wrote:why do you care if the RA gets disciplinary action taken against him?

I think he's talking about the guy who got fucked up.
You're my friends now. We're having soft tacos later!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:41 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 83, Catbug wrote:
In post 82, shaft.ed wrote:why do you care if the RA gets disciplinary action taken against him?

I think he's talking about the guy who got fucked up.

yes.
after a wank.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 am

I NEED MOAR.
Art is cool.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:36 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Spoiler: Here is some stuff
“Goodmorninghaveaniceday. Goodmorninghaveaniceday.

Goodmorninghaveaniceday.” The old man stood at the subway station every day, a stack

of free news papers by his side, his calls greeting the suburb dwellers as they rushed from

the air conditioned comfort of the parking garage, trying to make the 7:35 on time, their

suits already sweaty from the brief moments in the Silver Spring morning humidity.

“Goodmorninghaveaniceday. Goodmorninghaveaniceday.

Goodmorninghaveaniceday,” his words blurred together, bumping into each other and

tumbling along, like the morning commuters that jostled past him every day.

Chris was late, he stepped off the bus and rushed to the subway steps, the sounds

of the morning rush not important enough to permeate through the panic which was now

pounding in his ear drums. Time was precious, and he had none of it. Swiping his quick

trip, he climbed onto the subway and moved towards DC, standing so close, yet so far

away from all those around him.

Union station was a mile, give or take, from his office building. Chris paused,

heading out the doors, to light a cigarette, a brief respite from his hectic morning. A man

was playing the blues on the corner, his case open in front of him spoke to the bargain he

had made with the general public. It was the same bargain made by street musicians and

bums all across America. If you paid the tolls, you didn’t have to think about where he

would sleep that night. The price was not for the art, but for the inner knowledge that you

had made a difference, and that really, there was nothing more you could do. When you

supported the arts you could go home with your head held high, maybe in a different life

you would be the one playing the sax,

Chris was not an artist. He’s a student, a kid really. An intern working in the

office of congressman Harten. He reads Kafka but he doesn’t enjoy it. Smoking

cigarettes helps him restore an otherwise elusive bit of normalcy. The smoke goes down,

it burns, you breath out. Simple stuff. He drops a dollar into the mans case, not looking at

him, and starts the twenty minute walk to work, the smoke hanging over him, not a black

cloud exactly, but not something entirely unlike one.

“Are you drunk?” Cindy was not amused. “This is the third time this month

you’ve been late, and I don’t even want to talk about what you smell like.” Chris

managed only a weary smile for his fellow intern, and went back to deleting the faxes.

Every day the office received hundreds, and they had to be gone through, whether he was

hung over or not. Faxes came from everywhere and about everything. You sorted them

into three catagories, the ones that came from organizations, the ones that came from

constituents, and the crap. A fax from the NRA, printed and thrown into one pile. A fax

from a Mr. and Mrs. Cunningham in Schenectady, NY printed out and put into another

pile. A fax from Mr. Steven Tung in Raleigh, NC, deleted. The ones from organizations

would be sorted and forwarded to the staffer that dealt with that issue. The ones from

constituents would be sorted by issue and sent form letters in response, the ones from

people who didn’t know how congress worked would be deleted. It was serious work.

Michael Brugglio cared about immigration. He cared so much about it that he had chosen

to tell Chris about it thirty eight times, all with the same form lettered fax. Chris deleted

37 of them, and printed out one copy to forward to the staffer who dealt with that issue.

Three hundred and ninety three faxes to go. Every day they came, and no matter how fast

you worked they would write again tomorrow. It’s the little things that give life meaning.

Chris zoned out and imagined what Cindy would look like with his dick in her mouth. He

smiled and moved on to the faxes that were concerned about “birth tourism.”

Office life was punctuated by the phone. Serious people worked in this office, and

there was nothing more embarrassing to the Congressman then having his phone ring

more than twice, or so Chris had been told. When the phone rang, a Pavlovian reaction

went through all the interns, as they scrambled to make sure the bell would not toll the

dreaded third time. “Good Morning, Congressman Harten’s office, how can I help you?”

Chris said into the receiver. “I’m sorry, the staffer who deals with that issue is

unavailable, can I have your name and address so I can take down a message?... No, sir,

I’m sorry, as I said the staffer who deals with that issue isn’t available....No I can’t tell

you their name... Can I please just take down your name and add....” The click of the

receiver told him the caller was no longer with him. He shrugged and continued doing

faxes. Sometimes it was like that. Chris didn’t actually blame them for hanging up. His

main job was basically to pass block. The staffer who dealt with that issue was available.

He could see her at her desk drinking a coffee, but she couldn’t take every call from

every constituent who thought they knew something about global warming. That’s what

the form letters were for.

Every caller thought they knew something the Congressman didn’t. Every caller

thought they had the solution, and for the most part, they were completely wrong. Just

last week some man in Amsterdam, NY had talked to him for twenty minutes about how

the British should be forced to send soldiers down to the gulf of mexico to clean up the

BP oil spill, after all, they were a British company. Chris couldn’t tell the man he was a

fucking moron, just like he couldn’t tell the lady who called Friday that the Congressman

could do the exact same thing she could about the New York State budget deficit; vote

for someone else. That just wasn’t his job.

He had meant to go to bed early. Board the red line and go home, maybe have a

gin and tonic before watching the mets game and heading to bed. The things Chris meant

to do, however, often had very little influence on the things Chris actually did. His phone

rang 5 minutes after he left the office, telling him about the party at the Georgetown

campus, and almost before he knew what he was doing, he was on his way.

When you grow up in suburbia there’s always this idea that you have it made.

Right parents, right grades, right SAT scores. Get you into the right college and the right

internship. Have the right job and marry the right woman. Have kids grow old. The

whole process would begin itself again. Chris often thought of something his aunt said to

him when he was 18, heading off to his first year in college. You will be amazed by the

new and inventive ways people will find to fuck up their lives. Standing in the corner,

nursing a beer, he wondered what his aunt would think of him.

The air around him pulsated with music and sex. Stick 40 college kids in a room,

add alcohol, and it doesn’t matter if they went to Harvard or tech school, you’d get the

same result. Chris found himself talking to a girl with strawberry blonde hair, skirt hiked

up mid thigh, blouse undone till it showed lace.

There was a definite pecking order to Washington life, reinforced whenever

possible. There was a delicate balance. You had to dress nice, but if you looked better

than the staffers you were likely to be stuck hand-folding constituency letters every day,

or asked to work through lunch while the other inters got an hour. Staffers got green

security clearance, interns got red. Some interns didn’t seem to recognize this difference

and insisted on displaying their credentials all over town, thinking it made them look

important. Really, it just made them seem foolish. Chris smirked as he saw the red badge

of courage prominently displayed on her hip. So this was sexy office chic.

She was talking about something a constituent had said the earlier. He wasn’t

really listening. He could barely hear her over the sound of the music. She drifted in and

out of his attention. “I mean yeah they’re totally so stupid. They don’t even know who

my Congressman is. They just call and...” He stopped listening. Chris Scanned the room,

hoping to catch a glimpse of Cindy. He hadn’t seen her at a party yet, but that didn’t

mean he had to stop hoping. She drifted in again “...And I wasn’t even sure what a cage

was. Like, they told me to go work the machine in the cage and I was like...Um...What

does that mean. But everyone was so friendly. It was great they ordered pizza for...” and

she was out again. He looked at the beer in his hand and wondered why he was even

here. He looked at the girl in front of him again. She was still going. “I’m not sure why

they...”

“Do you ever wonder where the men on the corner sleep at night?” Chris said.

“What?”

“I said do you want to dance.” There was no point in having conversations with

people sometimes.

“Oh sure,” she laughed. “I thought you weren’t going to ask.”

He moved her closer to the music, the speakers pounding in his ears. His hands on

he hips, they pushed their bodies together to the music. Alcohol spurred him on and he

kissed her right there, and she kissed him back. It was weird, Chris thought, that the only

time we could actually get close to one another is when we‘re drunk.

They went back to her dorm that night, and explored each other under the sheets.

Chris felt his heart rate rising to the occasion, their mouths met again and again. The

music from the party was still pumping in his head. Low guttural bass beats that shook

him on the inside. Pounding. Pounding. Pounding. She was on her back and he was

above her, his hands holding her tightly around the waist, They continued the dance and

the beat propelled them. She gasped and moaned the name he’d told her. He gritted his

teeth and exhaled. The music stopped. They collapsed together, for a moment he felt as if

they were actually touching.

Later on, when the alarm clock on her desk read three am he slipped out of the

bed, and dessed. Opening the door he went out into the night, and felt the breeze upon his

skin. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a cigarette, he lights it with a match, and

walks down the street with his arm extended, hoping to catch a cabbie that hasn’t yet

called it quits. So much for an early night.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:32 am

Post by phokdapolees »

once there was an ugly barnacle

he was so ugly that everyone died

the end

AM I DOING IT RIGHT NOW ETL
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:34 am

In post 87, phokdapolees wrote:once there was an ugly barnacle

he was so ugly that everyone died

the end

AM I DOING IT RIGHT NOW ETL

no get out. please don't troll my thread.
Art is cool.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:40 am

Post by caledfwitch »

this isnt particularly good though

Spoiler: ok
In my physics class, there's one dude that sits directly in front of me and another dude that sits two spaces behind me. Let's call them Dude 1 and Dude 2 respectively. Dude 2 has a clenched fist and says to Dude 1: "You want some of this, huh?? YOU WANT SOME OF THIS????"

Dude 1 assumes that Dude 2 wants to fight, so the two stand up and meet in the middle. Dude 2 then opens his clenched fist, and in his hand are five quarters ($1.25 USD for people not in America) and he tries to give the coins to Dude 1. Dude 1 is scared and confused.

basically some guy makes a bad joke but im laughing too hard to care
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:42 pm

lol... i am so confused
Art is cool.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

sorry for bad story ;n;
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:24 pm

It wasnt bad! It was weird XD
Art is cool.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:20 am

Post by Lucky2u »

This is the story of the little shoplifter that could...

Spoiler:
Several years ago I was working as a
rent-a-cop
/
lease police
security officer at a mall. It was a very cushy and easy job. Walk around the inside of the mall, make yourself seen, enforce silly rules like not sitting on the giant planters.

Anyway... One thing we did was assist with store employees stopping shoplifters. I say assist because we weren't suppose to actually do anything but stand behind them and look authoritative. Very few stores empowered their employees to even do anything about shoplifters so it was generally the same stores that called everyday: Claire's and Spencer's. When they called we would stand outside the store and wait for the shoplifter to exit. At that point, the employee would approach and we would stand next to them as the employee ordered them back inside the store. It was usually enough to scare the little teenage brats to coming back in and surrendering the items they took. At that point a cop would be called and they would be issued a trespass warning. Neither store pressed charges, they just issued trespass warnings so that person could never come back to the mall again. End of story most times.

Thomas (real name changed for protection of those involved) was an exception. He had shoplifted a sex toy novelty from Spencer's and I was called over. He was just exiting when I arrived and the manager Sara was doing her confrontation. He saw me approach from behind and seemed to surrender like everyone else. We all three started walking into the store and were almost to the backroom when all of the sudden he turns around and bolts. He pushed past me and was headed for the door. I had instantly taken off after him. He nearly ran over a small child in the store (don't ask why a small child was in a Spencer's). I made the decision at that point that he was a threat to anyone in his way and I jumped on his back. Being a full grown man, and him a teenager, I carried him down easily. Once on the ground however, securing him was another issue. Handcuffing someone who is struggling is super hard. Luckily a good samaritian happen to be nearby. The Easter bunny. It happened to be that time of the year that the easter bunny was out in the mall posing for pictures with the kids and he sent over one of his helpers who helped me cuff the kid.

Now with the kid secured we headed to the back room of Spencer's to
beat the shit out of him
call the cops and let them sort this out. It was an awkward few minutes. Finally the cop gets there and starts taking his information. Thomas was seated in a chair with his hands behind his back. As it turns out, I'm not a great handcuffer. Somehow he had slipped a hand out of one cuff and all of the sudden he jumped up and bolted again. I just stared in shock. Even the cop was looking around like "wtf?". Unfortunately for Thomas another cop was in his patrol car nearby and a chase began that I don't need to tell you ended pretty soon (cop car > running on foot). They dragged the guy back and turned what would have been a trespass warning into assault on an LEO. All that for a cheap novelty product.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:21 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Next time... The shoplifter who bit me!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:50 am

OMG A NEW STORY!
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 5:52 am

lol wow Lucky
Art is cool.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu May 07, 2015 6:49 am

Post by Lucky2u »

It is my job to entertain
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 09, 2015 9:41 am

Post by Plotinus »

When I was a kid I used to like to run down the hill flapping my hands. The other kids asked me what I was doing and I said I was flying. They didn't believe me that I was flying. But I convinced them to try it themselves and like 20 kids ran down the hill flapping their arms and then after that they believed me.

Return to “General Discussion”