micro 372: game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:08 pm

Post by kabooooom »

quick hammer*
Nothing to see here, move on! :P
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:33 pm

Post by mykonian »

votecount

BroodKingEXE (3): TellTaleHeart, AngryPidgeon, Jingle
AngryPidgeon (2): xayzeck, kabooooom
xayzeck (1): Flubbernugget
Jingle (1): BroodKingEXE

not voting (2): caledfwitch, Marquis
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:07 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 44, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 41, TellTaleHeart wrote:I think you're hiding something under the floorboards.

i dont get it

I have some required reading for you.
http://www.eastoftheweb.com/short-stori ... lTal.shtml
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:18 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 47, BroodKingEXE wrote:The positioning of AP's joke about AP's alignment feels off to me. The joke itself is obv tension about Miller's actual role that Jingle knows about. I sense a Jingle and AP scum team. The naked bw vote on me feels way too opportuinistic feels like he is looking for a quick lynch.

The reasoning here is that Jingle knows about "the joke" and the "obv tension" and is therefore scum with AngryPidgeon. Is this correct?

If it is, there are a lot of gaps that I can't fill in. I have a few questions here. What is "the joke" you think is questionable? What did Jingle say and how did he treat the "tension" that makes you think he's mafia with AngryPidgeon?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 48, kabooooom wrote:
In post 36, Flubbernugget wrote:Um. This early in the game, shouldn't that be the opposite of a town read? I'd say WIFOM again, but I've had a strange fascination with WIFOM recent history, I feel like me claming its existence in yet another scenario would be the equivalent of trying to put a piece into a puzzle upside-down and smashing it in with a mallet.

i dont think you know what wifom is? and however it may look like, i meant what i said. And i said that in early game cos later on if someone is being pressured or questioned or whatever, and i say AP should be lynched, it will look like im defending the one being pressured, or trying to divert attention towards AP.

but im curious, how does it look like a scum post?
are u sure u know why i want AP to be lynched till day 2?

So my response wasnt to what AP quoted, but instead to his response, which I'll quote as a quick reference.

In post 35, AngryPidgeon wrote:
His attitude looks town. Other people are hemming and hawing about my claim and he is taking a hard stance on it. I like his aggression.

Something makes me feel he's approving of such a harsh scum read so early because it was directed at him. It feels like a shallow way to get town points imo.

On another note, that kind of play this early (aggressive over skeptic) doesn't seem incredibly town. Trying to town read bad play is anti-town at best.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

And I see next to no pressure on this wagon.

vote AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:15 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 46, Jingle wrote:Wrong. He's taking a stance that advocates the lynch of a player with reasoning he can hide behind should you flip town.

I guess my point is that its unnecessary for him to be so aggressive about it at this point as scum. I find the soft attacks on me way worse since those can really just vote me when they feel like it and use my role to justify it after. Kabooom is going to look bad imo. He is sticking his neck out and that is enough for me to not want to lynch him atm.

In post 47, BroodKingEXE wrote:The positioning of AP's joke about AP's alignment feels off to me. The joke itself is obv tension about Miller's actual role that Jingle knows about. I sense a Jingle and AP scum team. The naked bw vote on me feels way too opportuinistic feels like he is looking for a quick lynch.

Lol this is terrible. OMGUSing your wagon and trying to discredit it by saying its all coordinated and scum driven. Ya no. Further, I make jokes like that all the time always, ESPECIALLY as town. It has nothing to do with me being a miller. It has nothing to do with "tension". I'm sure you can explain why this joke is noteworthy though as opposed to just making an observation that I did in fact make one. How is it alignment indicative?

Also I mentioned that I thought you were scum before jingle voted you so your little comment about 'naked vote' is also just as scummy here. Rather than trying to figure out why town-me might think you are scummy (or whether that read was fake all along) you are painting it as scummy to discredit your wagon. And not really showing any interest in figuring out where Im coming from.

In post 48, kabooooom wrote:are u sure u know why i want AP to be lynched till day 2?

I cant even figure out what your are saying, tbh. Proper English grammar please.

In post 49, kabooooom wrote:why does it feel like OMGUS?

When did BroodKing say anything about OMGUS?
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:19 am

Post by kabooooom »

AngryPidgeon wrote:Town: Kaboooom
---^line of no return^---
Meh-town: Xayzeck, Jingle
Even more meh town, but probably town nonetheless: TellTaleHeart
----

Brood/Nugget scum team?

AP, i saw many of your games, but you have no post like this. however you mentioned that you usually forget, and it is for your reference. so can you just show in which of your completed games you have such posts.

In post 54, Flubbernugget wrote:
In post 36, Flubbernugget wrote:

Something makes me feel he's approving of such a harsh scum read so early because it was directed at him. It feels like a shallow way to get town points imo.

did you see me giving him town points?! did you see me taking my vote from AP?! No, right. Because i didnt give any town points for that.

On another note, that kind of play this early (aggressive over skeptic) doesn't seem incredibly town. Trying to town read bad play is anti-town at best.

firstly, no matter what your playing style is, whether is it aggressive, skeptic, lazy, active whatever. the thing is, you just cant say it later!
secondly, you are still new, with experience you will learn how aggressive play is better than others at any stage of game. besides, playing style is something natural.
thirdly, if you think my play is bad and all, and you are better then why dont you show any result?! all your posts are just fluff. none of them actually lead to a discussion. you just post to show that you post. there is no actual scum hunting done.

In post 55, Flubbernugget wrote:And I see next to no pressure on this wagon.

vote AngryPidgeon

your last post as well.

when you pressure vote someone, then you shouldnt mention in your post that you are voting just to pressure. Pressure vote looses its meaning.
infact, votes =/ Pressure. when you vote someone, you should mention where do you think they are scummy.
your vote is less of an actual vote, and more like fluff which you want everyone to think as you are scum hunting.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:20 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 53, TellTaleHeart wrote:What is "the joke" you think is questionable?

:down:
In post 26, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 25, kabooooom wrote:what if you are mafia?!
and claiming miller is just a precaution, in case cop checks you at night?!

Note to self: kill Kaboom first.

In post 53, TellTaleHeart wrote:What did Jingle say and how did he treat the "tension" that makes you think he's mafia with AngryPidgeon?

This is a good question.

vote AngryPidgeon

Are you blind? Kaboom is trying to PL me. Caled is calling me a liar. Brood is calling me scum with Jingle. You are ... voting me for pressure I guess, I'll be honest I haven't read your wall post yet. Oh and I probably have the top post count in the game. I'd love to hear why I need more pressure over anyone else though.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:24 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 57, kabooooom wrote:AP, i saw many of your games, but you have no post like this. however you mentioned that you usually forget, and it is for your reference. so can you just show in which of your completed games you have such posts.

No, Im fairly certain this is the first time I've ever done that explicitly.

I don't forget to make posts like this one..I regularly waffle on reads a lot and oftentimes lose sight of reads I have that are actually good and that I shouldn't be paranoid about. I dion't see what is so interesting about this post. I am making a note to myself that Im not willing to question that townread for the time being because of any paranoia. I think your posts in this game have been rather open and I think your attitude is town.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:32 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 56, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 46, Jingle wrote:

In post 48, kabooooom wrote:are u sure u know why i want AP to be lynched till day 2?

I cant even figure out what your are saying, tbh. Proper English grammar please.

sorry. I was asking him if he knows why i want to lynch you till day 2.

In post 49, kabooooom wrote:why does it feel like OMGUS?

When did BroodKing say anything about OMGUS?

he didnt say it. but it seemed like he voted jingle because jingle voted him. And Jingle voting BK at this stage of game wasnt opportunistic, it was more of a pressure vote. And he want even at L-1, so why did he think he was getting quick lynch.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:41 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 59, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 57, kabooooom wrote:AP, i saw many of your games, but you have no post like this. however you mentioned that you usually forget, and it is for your reference. so can you just show in which of your completed games you have such posts.

No, Im fairly certain this is the first time I've ever done that explicitly.

I don't forget to make posts like this one..I regularly waffle on reads a lot and oftentimes lose sight of reads I have that are actually good and that I shouldn't be paranoid about. I dion't see what is so interesting about this post. I am making a note to myself that Im not willing to question that townread for the time being because of any paranoia. I think your posts in this game have been rather open and I think your attitude is town.

you sure have way with words and know how to convince players.
coming back to your post. there was nothing interesting about it. you said you often lose sight of your reads throughout the game, so i assumed you must be using such posts from pretty long time, and wanted to check if you are saying the truth.
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:05 am

Post by kabooooom »

MOD: any news from Marquis?
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:12 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Kaboom metadiving me to look for consistency is even more reason to think hes town btw.

Starting to wonder if team is Brood/Jingle :S
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:51 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

vote AngryPidgeon

Are you blind? Kaboom is trying to PL me. Caled is calling me a liar. Brood is calling me scum with Jingle. You are ... voting me for pressure I guess, I'll be honest I haven't read your wall post yet. Oh and I probably have the top post count in the game. I'd love to hear why I need more pressure over anyone else though.

I have a couple of other points I need to address but I can get this one out of the way real quickly. I see no pressure on the Broodking wagon. I had no intention of wagoning AP. My vote was because he is scummy to me as of right now. I was not looking for a reaction from it. I shouldn't have split my posts up, and should have explicitly stated I was talking about the Brood wagon, and should have paid more attention to how many votes AP already had.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

did you see me giving him town points?! did you see me taking my vote from AP?! No, right. Because i didnt give any town points for that.

Is anybody else having trouble figuring out who I'm directing my poats to? I really just meant that it was an
attempt
to appear townie to everyone, and not just you. I gave no attempt at speculation as to how affective this attempt was, nor do I think it matters.

firstly, no matter what your playing style is, whether is it aggressive, skeptic, lazy, active whatever. the thing is, you just cant say it later!
secondly, you are still new, with experience you will learn how aggressive play is better than others at any stage of game. besides, playing style is something natural.
thirdly, if you think my play is bad and all, and you are better then why dont you show any result?! all your posts are just fluff. none of them actually lead to a discussion. you just post to show that you post. there is no actual scum hunting done.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first point. I might have to reread the thread to see what's going on here.

Second, the one IC that stood out to me the most through my newbie games was very reserved in the beginning off the game, mostly asking questions until day 2. I see their effective play as a counter example to being told aggressive play is the best with nothing to back that up other than learning with time. I kinda want to talk to them a little bit about aggressive playing to try and see where you're coming from there. Any suggestions on the best way to do that without speaking of this game would be appreciated.

For the third point, I mean, I got a pretty angry post out of you to say I'm not really leading to discussion. Perhaps we're just going to have to be oil and water this time around?
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:05 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

In post 37, caledfwitch wrote:
In post 30, kabooooom wrote:caled and BK, why not take part in RVS?

got a problem?? >:T

Nop. its just you have actively taken part in rvs in your other games. makes me wonder why are you trying to lay low?

rvs ended the minute ap claimed miller and i'm always late to the party

basically i missed it so i saw no reason to make it continue
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Marquis »

I didn't know this started and have been
V/LA since yesterday to the 11th
. Only extremely limited phoneposting for things like this, bye.
link in bio
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Post by TellTaleHeart »

In post 58, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 53, TellTaleHeart wrote:What is "the joke" you think is questionable?

:down:
In post 26, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 25, kabooooom wrote:what if you are mafia?!
and claiming miller is just a precaution, in case cop checks you at night?!

Note to self: kill Kaboom first.

Well I feel foolish now.

Broodking's argument is that the joke here is awkwardly placed. I'm a little interested to hear Broodking flesh that out a bit more because I actually think Xayzeck's first post is the a lot more awkward since it kind of oversells this whole "indecisive" routine and it's just kind of weird. I'd also like to see him explain why, specifically, he thinks Jingle is mafia with AngryPidgeon.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:19 pm

Post by Jingle »

AP, could you do me a solid and let me know when the last time you saw a miller was? TYIA.

Caled's looking more town.

Brood still needs rope. I could also be convinced to lynch flubber.

Still limited to short spurts of activity.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 69, Jingle wrote:AP, could you do me a solid and let me know when the last time you saw a miller was? TYIA.

I was going to say I can't remember, but actually..

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=44160
BroodKingEXE
BroodKingEXE
Goon
BroodKingEXE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:19 am

Post by BroodKingEXE »

prod dodge tomorrow morning.
A message to all scum: Dead or alive, you're coming with me! But mostly dead :p
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:43 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 65, Flubbernugget wrote:

Is anybody else having trouble figuring out who I'm directing my poats to? I really just meant that it was an
attempt
to appear townie to everyone, and not just you. I gave no attempt at speculation as to how affective this attempt was, nor do I think it matters.

I'm not sure what you mean by your first point. I might have to reread the thread to see what's going on here.

Second, the one IC that stood out to me the most through my newbie games was very reserved in the beginning off the game, mostly asking questions until day 2. I see their effective play as a counter example to being told aggressive play is the best with nothing to back that up other than learning with time. I kinda want to talk to them a little bit about aggressive playing to try and see where you're coming from there. Any suggestions on the best way to do that without speaking of this game would be appreciated.

For the third point, I mean, I got a pretty angry post out of you to say I'm not really leading to discussion. Perhaps we're just going to have to be oil and water this time around?

in first post i was talking about myself. that i didnt thought AP as town when he approved my post. but i get it now, you think it was AP's way of getting town points.

Secondly, when it comes to playing style, just play naturally. Every style has its own pros and cons. you just have to stick with what suits you the best. so lets just not call each others play bad.

Thirdly, yeah. you have posted more than many other players. but how many posts were actually helpful to us?
your post #54 was answer to my post. #55 was messed up. you think AP is scummy, but vote him saying you just wanna pressure him. #32 is just a simple question. None of your post actually add to discussion. They dont help in knowing other players' intentions.

For example, in my post #25 i ask AP to see what kind of answer he gives. in #30 i asked jingle about his early meaningless reads. now, everyone knows those were baseless reads. my reason to ask him was just to get more posts. did you see me asking same question to AP? in the same post i ask Caled and BK that why didnt they took part in rvs. For example, if Caled would have lied and said she never does takes part in rvs, then i would have caught her lie, as i already saw she does in her other games.

so you see the difference?
this is also how aggressive play is better then others. it generates more info in less time, it also helps rvs end faster, etc. etc.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

So then, the IC I had mentioned would then be considered aggressive in your eyes?
kabooooom
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
kabooooom
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:51 am

Post by kabooooom »

In post 73, Flubbernugget wrote:So then, the IC I had mentioned would then be considered aggressive in your eyes?

if game has ended, copy paste the link here. i will tell if he is aggressive or not. if its not ended, dont talk about it.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”