Open 566: Murder on the Oriental Express (Game Over)

TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:13 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

What about the number of votes on him makes you not want to vote?
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by Skelda »

In post 175, TobyLoby wrote:What about the number of votes on him makes you not want to vote?

Well two things.

One is that I instinctively try to avoid wagons with large numbers of people on them early in the game since at that point it really isn't adding much more pressure. The first few votes have large amounts of pressure, but as people keep voting the significance of each individual vote goes down.

And secondly, large D1 wagons are often scum-driven and that often makes me townread the person being wagoned. So it makes me actually doubt that he is scum because of how easily votes are coming in. My scumread would be stronger if there wasn't a wagon on him.
TobyLoby
TobyLoby
Goon
TobyLoby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by TobyLoby »

I think the first few big wagons of the day are just as likely to be scum driven as town driven. There is incentive to to be driving or helping drive a wagon as well as not being on it. I also don't think 4/8 is very many people on him.

Are you reading Chaos as more likely to be town because of his wagon? Is where anyone on Chaos you are suspicious of?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 176, Skelda wrote:
In post 175, TobyLoby wrote:What about the number of votes on him makes you not want to vote?

Well two things.

One is that I instinctively try to avoid wagons with large numbers of people on them early in the game since at that point it really isn't adding much more pressure. The first few votes have large amounts of pressure, but as people keep voting the significance of each individual vote goes down.

And secondly, large D1 wagons are often scum-driven and that often makes me townread the person being wagoned. So it makes me actually doubt that he is scum because of how easily votes are coming in. My scumread would be stronger if there wasn't a wagon on him.

The problem with this is chaos has said anything since the wagon started.
My mind thinks more of the person not giving reads who is being wagoned.
Is he lurking hoping pressure will get off or is he busy?

Going to check into that.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:46 pm

Post by farside22 »

So looking chaos hadn't been active at all.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Post by Amy Farrah Fowler »

If Chaos had been new then I might've thought about him possibly running away due to serping, regardless of alignment, but he isn't, making it scummy. Although he did say that he was out of town, so I suppose we can wait and see what he comes up with.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:31 pm

*derping not serping
[my inner grammar Naziism had to fix the above]
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Baezu »

Vote Count 1.05Chaoslord54: (4) Dry-fit, Mr_Blonde, acryon, Snugglyduckling
TobyLoby: (1) Farside22
Mr_Blonde: (1) RoyalApe
Farside22: (1) Chaoslord54, Belisarius
acryon: (1) TobyLoby
Belisarius: (1) Amy Farrah Fowler

Not Voting: cerberus48, Astinus, NakedJogger, Skelda

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-09-09 18:18:00)

Mod Notes:
astinus has asked for replacement. Ranon replaces astinus
Last edited by Baezu on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Skelda »

In post 177, TobyLoby wrote:I think the first few big wagons of the day are just as likely to be scum driven as town driven. There is incentive to to be driving or helping drive a wagon as well as not being on it. I also don't think 4/8 is very many people on him.

Are you reading Chaos as more likely to be town because of his wagon? Is where anyone on Chaos you are suspicious of?

I would have a higher degree of suspicion on Chaos if he didn't have a wagon because, although his first posts were scummy, they weren't scummy enough for all of those people to feel the need to vote for him.

Of the people on Chaos, however, I am feeling like Snugglyduckling and acryon are Town. So, if there are scum on him, I'd say they are in Dry-fit and Mr_Blonde.
Ranon
Ranon
Townie
Ranon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:58 pm

Post by Ranon »

Hey everyone, I'm replacing in. Got my role but don't know who's slot I'm grabbing. (I think cerberus?) Anyway, this post is mainly so I can get back to this thread whenever I log out, will be reading up now.
chaoslord54
chaoslord54
Goon
chaoslord54
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:08 pm

Post by chaoslord54 »

Sorry guys was moving back into my apartment. Reading over everything and will post a reads list and my thoughts of the case against me hopefully in a few minutes.
Ranon
Ranon
Townie
Ranon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Ranon »

VOTE: Acryon

Gut feeling on post 66. Seems he's buddying with with Mr Blonde.

Stronger scum read when post 94 he quotes Mr Bologna and then votes for the same person giving no other reason than him rereading and feeling he's more scum (This is his first vote all game.) and he has no other posts against or for Chaos.

He doesn't seem to actually be scum reading, rather he's bouncing off of others and using his own words. He's not really doing anything, it all seems fluff to me.
Especially that puzzle thing, that seems like hes making us all part of something big and at the same time making us feel all good and warm inside to be doing nice little things with each other.

Maybe I'm dead wrong but this is my strongest scum read at the moment.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 186, Ranon wrote:that seems like hes making us all part of something big and at the same time making us feel all good and warm inside to be doing nice little things with each other.

:eek:

That's a peculiar way of formulating a scumread, but it feels sort of honest. Townpoints
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:04 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 171, FakedBlogger wrote:Dry-fit, SnugglyDuckling and Royal Ape would be my scumpicks, based on discussions they picked out for themselves and how they responded to them. And I'm leaning null-scum on Amy and Skelda.

Care to elaborate on your scum picks? What about the discussions that were picked out leads you to this conclusion?
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:24 am

Post by RoyalApe »

UNVOTE: all

I'm reading blonde as town, so I'll get off that RVS vote.

All of the ISO reads this morning are reading good (acryon, blonde, far side, duckling, dry fit, Toby) to me or null (jogger, astinus) for lack of content. I think the ISO reading isn't working for me yet this game as I'm losing track of interactions between players. I plan to reread from the beginning once I finish the last several ISOs. Until then, back to work I go.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 am

Post by acryon »

In post 166, TobyLoby wrote:Acyron, what is your read on Belisarus?

He's a null to me right now. I already said I understood his tunneling on farside earlier, but at the same time I do think it ultimately didn't get what we want out of it. Trains that lead nowhere are good distractions, so I think it's something to keep in mind, but overall Bel is a null.

In post 186, Ranon wrote:VOTE: Acryon

Gut feeling on post 66. Seems he's buddying with with Mr Blonde.

Stronger scum read when post 94 he quotes Mr Bologna and then votes for the same person giving no other reason than him rereading and feeling he's more scum (This is his first vote all game.) and he has no other posts against or for Chaos.

He doesn't seem to actually be scum reading, rather he's bouncing off of others and using his own words. He's not really doing anything, it all seems fluff to me.
Especially that puzzle thing, that seems like hes making us all part of something big and at the same time making us feel all good and warm inside to be doing nice little things with each other.

Maybe I'm dead wrong but this is my strongest scum read at the moment.

This is fair. I tend to get some scum-heat early on pretty much every game I've ever played with a new group, because people see my town play-style as contrived(which I understand, although it's obviously not).

In post 187, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 186, Ranon wrote:that seems like hes making us all part of something big and at the same time making us feel all good and warm inside to be doing nice little things with each other.

:eek:

That's a peculiar way of formulating a scumread, but it feels sort of honest. Townpoints

Sadly, he is dead wrong :( but I agree on the post reading very town despite that.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 am

Post by farside22 »

This game has reached a sluggish moment.
I'm a bit busy this morning, but I'm going to reread a few things and see if I can shake this game more.
Amy Farrah Fowler
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Amy Farrah Fowler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:37 am

A no lynch will most likely hurt town in the long run, and we're approx. halfway through the day right now. At the moment votes on various people are going something like 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, so we have many small/ish wagons. I'm not a fan of any of the non-voters (not including Royal), because right now votes would help move the game along, and talking without voting is a pretty good way to avoid too much attention. For example if any of the people who were called out for something but don't have any votes on them had provided a vote in any of their posts, they'd probably get scumread by some people.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:41 am

Post by Belisarius »

@Mod: I should still be voting Farside in that last VC

Thank you. Fixed.
Last edited by Baezu on Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:26 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

In post 188, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 171, FakedBlogger wrote:Dry-fit, SnugglyDuckling and Royal Ape would be my scumpicks, based on discussions they picked out for themselves and how they responded to them. And I'm leaning null-scum on Amy and Skelda.

Care to elaborate on your scum picks? What about the discussions that were picked out leads you to this conclusion?

In post 21, SnugglyDuckling wrote:What is the point of voting for oneself? Avoiding voting someone else?

Vote: Astinus

Why is this a rhetoric question instead of a push on someone?

In post 24, Dry-fit wrote:
Unvote. Vote: farside22.

I'm not a fan of that random vote. Voting for a player being replaced isn't likely to cause any action.

Exactly the opposite going on here. Pushes Astinus for nothing really, but makes it look serious.

In post 30, Dry-fit wrote:
In post 28, Mr_Blonde wrote:Same premise here - wasted vote. How is this different than self voting?

Self voting is likely to provoke responses. Voting a player leaving the game is not.

This lead to a discussion with hypothetic conclusions that I don't see the point of, unless it's for scum to blend in.

In post 37, SnugglyDuckling wrote:
Unvote
and
Vote Mr Blonde

Something makes me think he is mafia.

I think town Duckling would've just naked voted, without adding a reason that isn't a reason just dramatic fluff.

In post 38, SnugglyDuckling wrote:Amy seems town to me and Mr Blonde's "shall we dance" comment seems like false bravado.

Too early for town to townread someone.

In post 141, RoyalApe wrote:
I don't like this response. It seems to indicate that it is OK to find arbitrary reasons to point to in order to justify a crap vote.

I generally like to see real reasons myself, it gives more to judge players by, both good and bad. If Duckling isn't going to provide reasons for his suspicions - ok - it will just make it harder for me to trust him.

I think you feeling the need to explain your attack on Duckling with a general statement is scummy. You could've been brief but for some reason you chose not to. I presume a scummy reason.

And that's the general pattern .. I won't go through all the posts.

I still haven't decided which one of you to vote though.

I'll go with

VOTE: RoyalApe
because of the obscene quoting stacks
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:28 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

P-edit: Messed up some stuff there but the general idea is clear hopefully
RoyalApe
RoyalApe
Goon
RoyalApe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:29 am

Post by RoyalApe »

In post 192, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:A no lynch will most likely hurt town in the long run, and we're approx. halfway through the day right now. At the moment votes on various people are going something like 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, so we have many small/ish wagons. I'm not a fan of any of the non-voters (not including Royal), because right now votes would help move the game along, and talking without voting is a pretty good way to avoid too much attention. For example if any of the people who were called out for something but don't have any votes on them had provided a vote in any of their posts, they'd probably get scumread by some people.

Did you count the votes yourself or are you just very in tune with Belisaurius? I just find it interesting that your count is accurate when the mod's vote count that was posted this morning is off by way of the Belisaurius vote.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:30 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

^ And that's scummy how?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:32 am

Post by acryon »

In post 194, FakedBlogger wrote:
In post 38, SnugglyDuckling wrote:Amy seems town to me and Mr Blonde's "shall we dance" comment seems like false bravado.

Too early for town to townread someone.

I don't agree here, especially since he said "seems town to me." I think it is completely fine to judge and feel that certain posts, even early on, sound town or scum. It shouldn't be the basis for strong reads one way or the other, but he didn't say they were strong reads, just that she seemed town.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 am

Post by acryon »

In post 196, RoyalApe wrote:
In post 192, Amy Farrah Fowler wrote:A no lynch will most likely hurt town in the long run, and we're approx. halfway through the day right now. At the moment votes on various people are going something like 4, 2, 1, 1, 1, so we have many small/ish wagons. I'm not a fan of any of the non-voters (not including Royal), because right now votes would help move the game along, and talking without voting is a pretty good way to avoid too much attention. For example if any of the people who were called out for something but don't have any votes on them had provided a vote in any of their posts, they'd probably get scumread by some people.

Did you count the votes yourself or are you just very in tune with Belisaurius? I just find it interesting that your count is accurate when the mod's vote count that was posted this morning is off by way of the Belisaurius vote.

This isn't scummy. I've made and posted my own vote-counts in absence of the mod before. It's very much null.

Return to “Completed Open Games”