Mini 1611: Wet Fever Dream Mafia. Ended.

Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:49 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

very well played reinoe 10/10 would not wotc again
Bert
Bert
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
Bert

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:50 am

Post by Bert »

I'm stunned.

TSO was confirmed town by Elmo's Role PM flip... :o
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:51 am

Spoiler: who got what
Setup (8v3v1v1)

Modified Serial Killer (wins by being alive by the end of the game or by being recruited and completing the new win condition) 12. Bins

Mafia Faith Healer 8. Scrambles
Mafia 1-shot Gladiator 2. ika

Mafia Modified Traitor (goons and traitor aren't aware of each other's identity; wins with Mafia; immune to Mafia kills; also wins and leaves the game if he successfully recruits the SK who becomes a full Mafia Member) 10. ZazieR

Modified Jester (identity known to all anti-town players) 9. theaceofspades

Town Innocent Scumhunter (submits list of players on death, wins if all anti-town players are on that list; confirmed as town on day 1) 4. Knight of Cydonia

Town Modified Psychologist (wins with Town; also wins and leaves the game if he successfully recruits the SK to the town) 3. Who

Town Wincon Cop (explanation below) 5. Elmo TeH AzN
Town Jack of all Trades: Follower, Rolecop, Tracker 13. DarkLightA
Town Fruit Vendor 7. Honey bee
Town Faith Healer 1. T S O
2 Town Neighbors 6. Anatole Kuragin & 11. KingdomAces

Spoiler: role PMs
Modified Serial Killer

You are a Modified Serial Killer. While you aren't recruited, you're 1-shot Bulletproof and able to perform a factional kill every night.

theaceofspades is the Modified Jester. If he isn't the first player to be lynched, you won't be able to perform a factional kill the night following the first lynch. You win if you reach one of the following conditions:

-You're alive, it's the start of a night or day and no competing faction has more than one member.
-You're recruited by another faction and you fulfill your new win condition.

You aren't forced to play to the first win condition while you're a Serial Killer. You may embrace recruitment. You die unrecruited if multiple factions attempt to recruit you at the same time. Once you've been recruited to another faction, you're unrecruitable.

PM me your role name to confirm.

Modified Jester

You are a Modified Jester.

All non-town players are aware of your identity. You win if you are the first player to be lynched. If not, you commit suicide and all non-town factions won't be able to perform factional kills the following night.

The game will continue after you reach your win condition.

Mafia

You are a member of the Mafia. Every night, one member of the Mafia may perform the factional kill. Your faction has daytalk enabled. You win if the Mafia is the last faction standing or if nothing can prevent this from happening.

theaceofspades is the Modified Jester. If he isn't the first player to be lynched, your faction won't be able to perform a factional kill the night following the first lynch.

-----

ika, you are a Mafia Gladiator. You may challenge a player once by posting, “Challenge: Player” in-thread. That day, you and the player you targeted are the only votable players.

scrambles, you are a Mafia Faith Healer. Every night, you can target a player to protect that player from a kill. If multiple Faith Healers protect the same player, all of them are guaranteed to fail.

There is a Mafia Modified Traitor who doesn't know who you are, but does know you know of his existence.

You've been added to the Mafia PT.

You flip with the paragraph explaining your individual abilities. PM me your role name to confirm.

Mafia Modified Traitor

You are a Mafia Modified Traitor. You win if you fulfill one of the following conditions:

-The Mafia are the last faction standing or nothing can prevent this from happening.
-You recruit the Serial Killer.

You aren't a full Mafia member. You count towards a Town majority for endgaming purposes. You don't have access to the factional PT. You can't perform the factional kill. The Mafia are aware of your existence, but not of your identity or the modification of your role. You are immune to Mafia nightkills. You commit suicide if all Mafia members besides you are dead.

Every night, you may attempt to recruit the Serial Killer (note: his existence isn't public information) to the Mafia. If you succeed, you win and leave the game. The Serial Killer will turn into a full Mafia member.

theaceofspades is the Modified Jester. If he isn't the first player to be lynched, your faction won't be able to perform a factional kill and you won't be able to attempt to recruit anyone following the first lynch.

Town Innocent Scumhunter

You are a Town Innocent Scumhunter. You are publicly confirmed to have this role at the start of day 1. You win if you fulfill one of the following conditions:

-You're still alive when all threats to the town are eliminated.
-You submit a correct set of players on the same night you're nightkilled. If you're nightkilled, it doesn't matter to you if the town wins. However, the less non-town players are alive, the easier it is to submit a correct set.

Every night, you may submit a set of players, sized the total number of players minus the number of players needed to lynch someone. You win if you, on the night you're killed, submit a set containing all anti-town players or if your entire set consists of anti-town players. You lose by default if you're lynched or endgamed or if you fail to submit a set on the night you're killed.

The game will continue after you reach your non-standard win condition. No one but you will be told if you won the game.

Town Modified Psychologist

You are a Town Modified Psychologist. You win if you fulfill one of the following conditions:

-All threats to the town are eliminated.
-You recruit the Serial Killer.

Every night, you may attempt to recruit the Serial Killer. If you succeed, you win and leave the game. The Serial Killer will be vanillaized.

PM your role name to confirm.

Town Wincon Cop

You are a Town Wincon Cop. You are guaranteed to be sane. Roles designed to mislead you, such as Wincon Godfathers, do not exist.

Every night, you may target a player. If you haven't investigated someone with this win condition before, “Your target's win condition doesn't match any of the previous results.”

If you came across the same win condition before, your result is, “Your target's win condition matches the result of night X.”

Note: Players in the same faction don't necessarily have the same win conditions. Two results only match if it's impossible for one player to reach his win condition without making the other player win. (Two survivors don't match, nor do a Town Innocent Scumhunter and a Vanilla Townie.)

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. PM me your role name to confirm.

Town Jack of all Trades

You are a Town Jack of all Trades. You may use each of these abilities once:

-Rolecop (result consists of role modifiers and the description of individual abilities)
-Tracker
-Follower

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. PM me your role name to confirm.

Town Fruit Vendor

You are a Town Fruit Vendor. Every night, you may target a player. This player will be told he has been targeted by a Fruit Vendor. Note: players may perform one action, either factional or individual, every night.

Town Neighbor

You are a Town Neighbor. You're neighboring XXX. You've been added to a neighbor PT.

Town Faith Healer

You are a Town Faith Healer. Every night, you can target a player to protect that player from a kill. If multiple Faith Healers protect the same player, all of them are guaranteed to fail.

Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:53 am

In post 1, Bicephalous Bob wrote:writing up my jester-related rambling here because I'll forget otherwise

-----

in a way, the "we can only start scumhunting when the jester has committed suicide" attitude in this game is very similar to the "we can only start scumhunting when we have a nightkill to go on" attitude a lot of new players have in normal games and it's quite disappointing

why is almost everyone acting like mafia and jester play are indistinguishable?

no matter how scummy a jester tries to be, in the end they are exactly the opposite

they're scum mirrored on the townie axis

simply put:

-a townie cares more about figuring out the game than not getting lynched, but they don't want to be lynched
-scum only care about not getting lynched, but want to make it seem like they're trying to figure other people out
-jesters only care about getting lynched, but want to make it seem like they want to make it seem like they try to figure people out

if people would actually try and apply pressure to each other, they should be able to figure out the jester (although I have to say, at the time of writing, theaceofspades is doing a magnificent job of being subtly scummy, much better than the jester in the three previous runs of sadomafioschism

that said, I think he'd show his true cards at least partially if he was put under serious pressure just because he wouldn't flail naturally)
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Thanks Bob for hosting. Anytjing negative I said was cos I was scum.

And yeah... I was conf scum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Honey bee »

I think it was impossible for Ace to reach his wincon with confirmed neighbors.

I think this setup was heavily townsided.

*sigh*.............................. good game nm. shooting me was a good decision..
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:09 am

In post 1476, Anatole Kuragin wrote:very well played reinoe 10/10 would not wotc again

I can't clarify enough times that this is total sarcasm
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:22 am

A big thanks to all people who replaced in, I hope you (and others) don't feel like guinea pigs too much. My game advertisement should've contained more info and I should've spoilered it in my replacement requests.

The aim of the setup was to give everyone roles with high potential if played well. This inherently makes the game very swingy, but I stand by my decision of running it.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:30 am

thanks for hosting, bob
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:36 am

Post by reinoe »

Well-played not_mafia. I never would have suspected you over Tso.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:39 am

maybe the fact that TSO was confirmed innocent by another confirmed innocent player could have informed your suspicions? maybe just a little bit?
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:41 am

Post by KingdomAces »

*headdesk*

That is all.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:43 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1486, Anatole Kuragin wrote:maybe the fact that TSO was confirmed innocent by another confirmed innocent player could have informed your suspicions? maybe just a little bit?

TSO made a disgusting accusation at me and I'm confirmed innocent. :roll:

Selkie
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:46 am

so you thought that merited losing the game for all of us. got it
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:48 am

I think reinoe still doesn't get it so:

In post 1398, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:TSO & HB Share win cons. Thats all I got
KingdomAces
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
KingdomAces
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:53 am

Post by KingdomAces »

Just wondering, why would any town ever push for a Honey Bee lynch the day after the no kill? Even without role interactions, Not Mafia was confirmed scum as soon as he did that.

Anyway, I apologize to everyone for thinking that it was fine to let myself be lynched on D1. It appears that was a mistake after all, even though I just spent the past two months still thinking it was fine.
Never be sorry for your little time.

It's not when you get there, it's always the climb.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:57 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1490, Bicephalous Bob wrote:I think reinoe still doesn't get it so:

The better play would be to compare the two faith healers.

Selkie
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:01 am

Post by ika »

In post 1492, reinoe wrote:
In post 1490, Bicephalous Bob wrote:I think reinoe still doesn't get it so:

The better play would be to compare the two faith healers.

wrong again, mod confirmation that they share wincons overrides any play

this is alos given the fact that his role states there are no GF-wincon eque roles
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:13 am

Post by T S O »

Reinoe, just stop trying to dance around the fact that you are a moron. Even the scum think you are an idiot.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:14 am

Post by T S O »

Town were hilariously bad in general, none more so than me, but that really was an elegant conclusion.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Honey bee »

Thank you for modding bob.

Reinoe you don't have anyone to blame but yourself. Elmo made mistakes but this game was solved and you could at least care enough to read and understand what's going on. If you don't care fine but don't blame others for how you played.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Honey bee »

I don't think town played bad, this game was ours to be had. We were close at least.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:21 am

Post by T S O »

Mad props to Elmo for being especially fucking awful and not. giving. clear. fucking. results.

pedit: we played awful, hb. well, most of us.
-Marquis
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:22 am

Post by ika »

as i said in dead and i will say here:

town should of won this.

i think what killed the game was the apathy of everything.

pedit: imo i say this is a town win, to me it deosnt feel like a true win due to the fact that:

A) the final scum was replaced twice
B) town has confirmed towns via roles and could POE
C) my play was hidious and that i had like no motivation even with a role that i loved
-granted i am like this as scum in general but at the same time if i get a fucked up fun role (gladiator) i can motivate myeself

really my apathy from this game didnt come so much from being scum, but moreso that nobody ever really suspected me to a point where i could legit go "1v1 me foo" and that me doing it felt very forced and fake
i think if i jsut legit never used my roel i could of gotten away with more but meh

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”