Not Voting (1)-
droog

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-12-28 20:00:00)
- Dec 28th 20:00 GMT
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

droog, please end the game.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

droog and shaddowez are both approaching their 4th prod.
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:25 am, edited 3 times in total.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 2224, Green Crayons wrote:Well, that wasn't really a defense, that was his best attempt to call me scum.

Considering droog's reason for voting me is almost purely PoE and because I'm a "lurker", I didn't see much to defend against. If he (or you, though I highly doubt it) have specific questions about what I did or why I did something, I'll be happy to address them.
V/LA on Weekends
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I assumed he wanted a defense to 2210 and 2211.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I don't know what Thor was thinking or trying to accomplish, so anything I say is based purely off of guessing.

In post 2210, Green Crayons wrote:Thor-scum motivation for voting shaddow-buddy when nobody else was was that it allowed him to pretty safely vote a bud without too big of a fear of people joining him. At one point someone - I think it was Fink - asked Thor what he thought about the fact that nobody was joining him on his shaddow suspicions, and Thor basically gave the text version of a big shrug. Which is notable in how apathetic Thor was towards getting others to join him on the shaddow vote, in contrast to his pretty heavy-handed push of the other votes (as noted by acryon back when he was criticizing Thor's play).

Thor-scum motivation for jumping off of you and voting shaddow-buddy, and then telling me to join his vote/goading me into voting shaddow by pursuing my own shaddow suspicions, I guess was Thor trying to severely undercut my Thor suspicions by leading the charge against shaddow. Thor was a leading vote candidate at that time, tied with droog - so from Thor's perspective, even if he did get lynched, then his reignited shaddow push would look good for shaddow (it worked).

Thor first votes me on D5 with an empty vote, which he then explain as being based on no read/lurker reasonings. This is the vote that Fink questions about nobody joining with. He then switches to Droog later that Day based on discussion with Fink. He switches back to me, and a good portion of the early 1500 posts are him trying to convince droog that I'm scum, so I'm not sure where the apathetic push idea is coming from.

I also notice that you don't have anything to say about Thor voting your slot
once
the entire game, and there was zero push for him to get on that wagon. It was just another series of wall posts that didn't really say anything.

In post 2211, Green Crayons wrote:shaddow looks like he feels obligated to vote Thor, but doesn't necessarily really want to: he acknowledges that folks might see it as a OMGUS vote, so preemptively tries to kill that criticism, and then provides some pretty weak justifications.

As for why vote his buddy Thor-scum? I don't know. The VC was droog, Thor, and shaddow all at 1. Maybe he got nervous about him or Thor flipping without him having sufficiently distanced from Thor? Scum are much more worried about optics than town, so he could have been nervous about the following LYLO situation in which both he and Thor survived after having pushed through a droog-town lynch.

There was enough push for Thor's lynch that I didn't need to vote for Thor. However, using that reasoning at this point in the game doesn't really matter, because your admittedly showing confbias. Had I not voted for Thor, you would be finding a reason to use that against me. I'm also not sure I understand your last sentence there....if I'm scum, and we know Thor was, why would I be nervous about Thor and I surviving in LYLO?
V/LA on Weekends
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by droog »

I'm still pondering.
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by droog »

if you guys are both sure im town
you're sure the other's scum

where's the fire?
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

You are an asshole if you're scum. Making us wait for no reason. You are confirmed town. So it's not a matter of whether shaddow might be scum. He is scum from my perspective. Period.

I don't have fire because I don't really have skin in the game. I replaced in late and I pegged the last scum in my initial 3 person scum pool. I think I've done my part as a good townie. I was wrong about Riddle but these things happen. If town loses, it's not on my shoulders, so whatever. Good luck.

I've answered your questions about my play, my predecessor's play, Thor's play, and shaddow's play. What more would you like? A bloated spiel about something? I don't even know what else to talk about. This game is over for me in every way except formally. It's up to you to win of lose it.

I would appreciate winning this game, so this is my formal lodging for you to vote shaddow. His play has been to be safe and unobtrusive, allowing him to fly under the radar all game. The only person who suspected him before LYLO was Thor. Thor's sudden interest in voting shaddow, but not actively pushing shaddow, cannot be handwaved away.

Outside of POE, that's the best case for shaddow being scum. Compare that with shaddow's scum case on me, and then please vote for who you think is more likely to be scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Green Crayons »

^^^ Just reread that this morning.

Any undertones of me being an asshole is not really directed at you, it's just me being ready for the game to end because the fun is over for me, as I now know for certain who is and isn't scum. And there isn't exactly a stellar case on shaddow, so there's not a lot to rant and rave about.

However, unless if you have further questions for me, which I'll be happy to answer, I still don't think there's much else to contribute.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Post by shaddowez »

droog, please ask questions of either of us, or just hammer one of us. I know you still have a day before prod, but I really don't want to see a replacement at this point in the game.
V/LA on Weekends
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by droog »

i dont really have anything i want to ask

im thinking the last scum is green

there's a general lact of conviction
in a situation where the townie must be fired up
so the townie is inactive
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

You do realize
Your description of scum play
Fits shaddow more accurately than me
Even given his limited timeframe to post.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:26 am

Post by Green Crayons »

I just reread the past three pages.

lol @ your suggestion that my posting reflects a lack of conviction or that I'm being inactive scum more than shaddow.

Spoiler: My Reaction to Riddle Flip; Decision to Vote in LYLO
In post 2199, Green Crayons wrote:Well shit.

In post 2200, Green Crayons wrote:Goddammit.

In post 2201, Green Crayons wrote:Nope, I'm sticking to my guns.

VOTE: shaddow

Spoiler: My Reaction to Being Right About Last Scum
In post 2204, Green Crayons wrote:Oh whew.

In post 2205, Green Crayons wrote:TY droog for actually being town.

Spoiler: My Explanation of Riddle Flip
In post 2206, Green Crayons wrote:Alright, so what went wrong? Riddle was town after all. I thought his positions and arguments were coming from scum, mainly because I thought his slot was scum. Also his arguments were bad, so that was also a thing.

In post 2208, Green Crayons wrote:I agree.

Spoiler: My Answering droog's Questions About How Riddle-Scum Fits Play
In post 2210, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 2105, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1199, Not_Mafia wrote:
VC 4.14
Bicephalous Bob (5)-
Thor665, droog, Phillammon, Dyslexicon, Fink
LYNCHED

Phillammon (3)-
Shaddowez, Bicephalous Bob, Bert
(L-2)

Shaddowez (0)-

Thor665 (0)-

droog (0)-

Fink (0)-

Dyslexicon (0)-

Bert (0)-

Not Voting (0)-

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2014-10-21 20:00:00)
- Oct 21th 19:00 GMT

^^^ That's the previous game day lynch VC. Below is the following day:
In post 1204, Thor665 wrote:
Vote: Shaddowez

In post 1207, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1206, Fink wrote:Do you agree with that Thor?

As town I go after players I think look scummy.
As scum I look for things I would call scumtells and pursue them. I have always said that the best scum strategy is to be aware that town mislynch all the time, and don't get too married to the idea that, as town, you would be more 'right' because...well...no, you probably wouldn't.
People have long said I have a difficult to spot scum game and I have won awards and noms for scum performances moreso than town performances.
There's a reason I have a writeup in my wiki about scumspecting me.

In post 1206, Fink wrote:@Thor: So why'd you vote for Shaddowez?

Because I think he is an appropriate mix of scum and null to explore/lynch today.

By my accounting we have, what, three more lynches to manage to hit at least one scum with?
Why not start with a guy I have no real read on of late?

In post 1213, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1212, shaddowez wrote:I'm actually interested in what made you change your read of me, considering you had a town read on me in . The best guess I have is that I've been focusing on your "town reads", and you're trying to divert attention from the Phil wagon on to me.

Do you think you've managed to do enough to justify me keeping a town read from around 300 posts ago?

In post 1212, shaddowez wrote:You're sounding like Droog from D2. Him and Dys have a couple posts starting in about mislynches, and we see how well that's worked out so far.

I think it has worked out okay, frankly, it's not like we've lost people I've town read.
Do you think it's not working out okay?

In post 1214, Thor665 wrote:
In post 955, Thor665 wrote:I'm actually leaning town on Shadow - if he's scum he's flying totally under my radar.

Ooooh, and such an epic read to reverse on.
:neutral:

In post 1218, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1215, shaddowez wrote:I suppose that's a question about how you scum hunt. Are you looking for people that don't "do enough to justify" a town read, or do you look for people that actually do scummy things?

I see no reason I can't look for both and use both as a tell. I do think "doing enough to justify a town read" is a very valid issue to raise at this point. I will agree you've been lurky enough you haven't done anything particularly scummy, but I don't actually see that as a point particularly in your favor.

In post 1215, shaddowez wrote:If you're looking at activity, why isn't Dys on your list of scum reads?

Because she did something that is townish. I will happily agree with you that her play is bad, I've pretty much been saying that since Day 1. But me disagreeing with a playstyle is not always identical to me scumreading someone because I do accept that town can play poorly and at that point it's a question of whether they have done town or scumtells other than the bad play. For wgeurts the answer was 'no' and for Dyx the answer is 'yes'.

In post 1215, shaddowez wrote:Actually, how about you provide a list of scum reads. Since the last read you gave on me is from 300 posts ago, I'm sure some others have changed as well.

I would say Bert with you and Droog in tight competition for second place. If I extend out to 4 then Phil. I would actively oppose a Fink or Dyx lynch at this juncture.

In post 1215, shaddowez wrote:In a decreasing pool starting with ten people, I would have rather seen at least one scum lynched than three townies; so no, I don't really think it's working okay. The more that town does to mislynch people, the less work scum have to do to actually cause mislynches.

That's kind of an empty statement though - you're not dinging the method, you're dinging the result.
Yes, sure, a town lynch is bad - that said, the method has been fine and we are limiting the pool of potential scumspects with each move. Beyond that we can start looking at who is defending or pushing whom and draw ideas from that about possible teams.

Do you have some alternate method to consider, or are you just wanting to be seen bemoaning the town lynches?

In post 1215, shaddowez wrote:It's still a reversal, no matter how strong it was.

Well...okay, but what the hell is this?

If I reverse a weak read that is hardly a shocking or strange thing. that's actually pretty normal. I just lynched a scum read and they flipped town - oddly that makes me go back and reconsider things in a new light. I submit it would be strange if all my reads remained rock solid, rather than having some shift. Also, you *presented* that shift like it was surprising or strange, how do you remotely justify that? A read change is not strange - it is the normal state of affairs. I did a much bigger one to Dyx back a few days going from 'scum' to 'solid town' and you didn't even bat an eye when I proclaimed that, so why does this one bother you so much?

be specific.
Please.
I'd love to hear this.
In post 1243, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1234, shaddowez wrote:There are two points to be made about this. First is that results are often based on the methods used to acquire them (and vice versa), so it is generally futile to attack one without expectation of some backlash to the other, which is something I didn't do. Secondly, there was no "method" that I was attacking anyway. What my comment was aimed at was the notion that it is okay to mislynch townies, as we have enough days left to do so while still winning the game. I understand that, unless you're in an extreeeeeeemely lucky game, townies are going to be mislynched, I don't think it's okay to look at it like "Well, I don't care how many townies get lynched between now and then, as long as we eventually catch scum". That shows a lack of desire to actually find scum in any manner other than PoE.

I don't think I buy this. Your comment was along the lines of "cause that's been working so well for us" which is an attack - you were trying to cut down a read of mine and are now basically acting like PoE is an issue.
I have townreads, I won't lynch them.
I have scumreads, i want to lynch one of the bigger ones.
That is PoE, that is the definition of PoE, and it still involves other reads. Now, if we were sitting around in a vacuum just rolling a die and lynching whomever your issue would have a point. But basically you were complaining that I was scumhunting and you look scummy - that's what I got.

In post 1234, shaddowez wrote:Reversing a read is absolutely fine, I never said there was a problem with doing that specifically.

Actually, yeah, you kinda did.

In post 1234, shaddowez wrote: I asked why you reversed your read on me, primarily because you did so with no reasoning whatsoever and just placed a vote.

Did you think I had a strong read on you?

In post 1234, shaddowez wrote: I would question that no matter who you placed it on, not just me. As everybody generally reads things other people post differently, having reasons actually helps people understand why you think that person may be scummy. The primary reason that I can think of to place a naked vote is because you don't actually have reasons for that read, you just want other people to try and read into the fact that you're voting somebody.

So now that my read has been explained, do you have any thoughts on that?

In post 1302, Thor665 wrote:
In post 1301, Fink wrote:And regarding the early reads, in context you can't possibly have missed the fact that that post was all about Bob's page 2 reads. I said that looking at only pages 1 and 2 I'd have had a null read on Droog. In my first posts of the game I said that I had a townread on him, but those came much later, mostly from his conduct during Thor v. Blair if I remember correctly.

There is no discrepancy there.

I went and looked.
This is all true. (well, the Page 2 basis of commentary part - which is the important part)

Unvote: Shaddowez
Vote: Droog

L-2

To me, it really looks like Thor was attempting to do a Blair 2.0 by arguing about minute points of bullshit that made Thor seem active and insightful.

I'm also not sure what the strategy would be behind Thor suddenly pushing for a scumbuddy's lynch, especially when nobody had previously really suspected shaddow. All the other players Thor had pushed had been town, and so suddenly going "HEY GUYS HOW ABOUT THIS LURKER?" and pointing to his buddy seems out of place.

Alright, so my commentary was apparently wrong.

Thor-scum motivation for voting shaddow-buddy when nobody else was was that it allowed him to pretty safely vote a bud without too big of a fear of people joining him. At one point someone - I think it was Fink - asked Thor what he thought about the fact that nobody was joining him on his shaddow suspicions, and Thor basically gave the text version of a big shrug. Which is notable in how apathetic Thor was towards getting others to join him on the shaddow vote, in contrast to his pretty heavy-handed push of the other votes (as noted by acryon back when he was criticizing Thor's play).

Thor-scum motivation for jumping off of you and voting shaddow-buddy, and then telling me to join his vote/goading me into voting shaddow by pursuing my own shaddow suspicions, I guess was Thor trying to severely undercut my Thor suspicions by leading the charge against shaddow. Thor was a leading vote candidate at that time, tied with droog - so from Thor's perspective, even if he did get lynched, then his reignited shaddow push would look good for shaddow (it worked).

In post 2211, Green Crayons wrote:As for shaddow's Thor vote:
In post 1796, shaddowez wrote:So, at the risk of this looking like an OMGUS vote, I'm going to do this anyway:

VOTE: Thor

He seemed to be making sense most of the game, but now that it's getting down to the wire and there are less other people to pay attention to, he's blatantly not working with the rest of town. He's also discussed lylo a couple of times, making it sound like he knows we're going to mislynch and end up there. I don't like it.

(shrug)

I'm biased because I know that this shaddow post is a scum post from the fact that you haven't hammered yet.

So, trying to evaluate this in the most objective manner, the most I can say about it is that it doesn't say much of anything.

shaddow looks like he feels obligated to vote Thor, but doesn't necessarily really want to: he acknowledges that folks might see it as a OMGUS vote, so preemptively tries to kill that criticism, and then provides some pretty weak justifications.

As for why vote his buddy Thor-scum? I don't know. The VC was droog, Thor, and shaddow all at 1. Maybe he got nervous about him or Thor flipping without him having sufficiently distanced from Thor? Scum are much more worried about optics than town, so he could have been nervous about the following LYLO situation in which both he and Thor survived after having pushed through a droog-town lynch.

Spoiler: Me Telling droog To Lynch shaddow
In post 2218, Green Crayons wrote:Just lynch him.

In post 2219, Green Crayons wrote:So this game can be over.
In post 2224, Green Crayons wrote:Well, that wasn't really a defense, that was his best attempt to call me scum.

In post 2226, Green Crayons wrote:droog, please end the game.

In post 2233, Green Crayons wrote:You are an asshole if you're scum. Making us wait for no reason. You are confirmed town. So it's not a matter of whether shaddow might be scum. He is scum from my perspective. Period.

I don't have fire because I don't really have skin in the game. I replaced in late and I pegged the last scum in my initial 3 person scum pool. I think I've done my part as a good townie. I was wrong about Riddle but these things happen. If town loses, it's not on my shoulders, so whatever. Good luck.

I've answered your questions about my play, my predecessor's play, Thor's play, and shaddow's play. What more would you like? A bloated spiel about something? I don't even know what else to talk about. This game is over for me in every way except formally. It's up to you to win of lose it.

I would appreciate winning this game, so this is my formal lodging for you to vote shaddow. His play has been to be safe and unobtrusive, allowing him to fly under the radar all game. The only person who suspected him before LYLO was Thor. Thor's sudden interest in voting shaddow, but not actively pushing shaddow, cannot be handwaved away.

Outside of POE, that's the best case for shaddow being scum. Compare that with shaddow's scum case on me, and then please vote for who you think is more likely to be scum.

In post 2234, Green Crayons wrote:^^^ Just reread that this morning.

Any undertones of me being an asshole is not really directed at you, it's just me being ready for the game to end because the fun is over for me, as I now know for certain who is and isn't scum. And there isn't exactly a stellar case on shaddow, so there's not a lot to rant and rave about.

However, unless if you have further questions for me, which I'll be happy to answer, I still don't think there's much else to contribute.

Compare with:

Spoiler: shaddow's Reaction to My shaddow-vote
In post 2222, shaddowez wrote:Sorry guys, screwed up my V/LA date this time around.

I looked through the game again, and can't find anything scummy other than how he was acting yesterDay, so I looked more into GC.

YesterDay, GC and Riddle were determined the other was scum. I was basing my belief that Riddle was scum more on what the previous slot holders had done, because neither of them were making an impression on me either way. Now that we know he's town, I'm looking back at VCA to see what makes sense: (I know the D numbers don't exactly match up based on No-Lynches, so assume anytime I use "Day" or "D" I mean lynch)

Both slots were on the wagon D1, which is pretty much a null tell based on the quickhammer by wgeurts.
D2, wgeurts was basically a policy lynch. Riddle's slot was on the wagon, but GC's wasn't. To me, that policy lynch looked more town driven than scum. I know Thor was on the wagon, but considering how many people pushed for it there was no pressing need to have multiple scum on the wagon.
D3, neither of them were on the acryon wagon when it got hammered, and were both on Phil (confirmed town), so there's not really anything to garner here.
D4 - GC's slot put Bob at L-1, and Riddle's slot hammered. Knowing that Riddle's slot is town makes GC's slot look scummier, especially considering D5
D5 - GC's slot puts bert at L-1. Bert was very focused on Riddle's slot, and seemed convinced Thor's slot was town. This is the second Day in a row this slot puts a conftown at slot, making it eligible for lynching without actually doing the deed itself.
D6 - GC, who was riding Riddle for most of the Day, switches votes to lynch Thor. is very interesting at this point, as well.
D7 - this is a quicklynch on AA9, which Riddle started, but he was pushing for Thor/AA on D6. GC, who has made it obvious he realizes my time-based posting restrictions, jumps right on, knowing that it only takes droog to vote for the lynch.
D8 - Riddle (conftown) and GC are going at each other. This is a similar situation to what I brought up as a possibility for droog. Knowing that droog would be going for me again toDay, it made more sense to try and get rid of the person who would be going for him toDay instead, and have an easy lynch on D9...which leads me to....
D9 - GC votes for me immediately. Regardless of which of them is scum, if droog hammers scum wins. However, if GC is scum and knows that droog is town, he can assume that droog won't hammer. This "proves" droog's towniness, but doesn't reveal GC's alignment.

VOTE: GC

Spoiler: shaddow's Reaction to My Criticism with Passive Aggression
In post 2228, shaddowez wrote:

Considering droog's reason for voting me is almost purely PoE and because I'm a "lurker", I didn't see much to defend against. If he (or you, though I highly doubt it) have specific questions about what I did or why I did something, I'll be happy to address them.

Spoiler: shaddow's Reaction to My Explanation of Thor-Scum's and shaddow-Scum's play
In post 2230, shaddowez wrote:I don't know what Thor was thinking or trying to accomplish, so anything I say is based purely off of guessing.

In post 2210, Green Crayons wrote:Thor-scum motivation for voting shaddow-buddy when nobody else was was that it allowed him to pretty safely vote a bud without too big of a fear of people joining him. At one point someone - I think it was Fink - asked Thor what he thought about the fact that nobody was joining him on his shaddow suspicions, and Thor basically gave the text version of a big shrug. Which is notable in how apathetic Thor was towards getting others to join him on the shaddow vote, in contrast to his pretty heavy-handed push of the other votes (as noted by acryon back when he was criticizing Thor's play).

Thor first votes me on D5 with an empty vote, which he then explain as being based on no read/lurker reasonings. This is the vote that Fink questions about nobody joining with. He then switches to Droog later that Day based on discussion with Fink. He switches back to me, and a good portion of the early 1500 posts are him trying to convince droog that I'm scum, so I'm not sure where the apathetic push idea is coming from.

I also notice that you don't have anything to say about Thor voting your slot
once
the entire game, and there was zero push for him to get on that wagon. It was just another series of wall posts that didn't really say anything.

In post 2211, Green Crayons wrote:shaddow looks like he feels obligated to vote Thor, but doesn't necessarily really want to: he acknowledges that folks might see it as a OMGUS vote, so preemptively tries to kill that criticism, and then provides some pretty weak justifications.

There was enough push for Thor's lynch that I didn't need to vote for Thor. However, using that reasoning at this point in the game doesn't really matter, because your admittedly showing confbias. Had I not voted for Thor, you would be finding a reason to use that against me. I'm also not sure I understand your last sentence there....if I'm scum, and we know Thor was, why would I be nervous about Thor and I surviving in LYLO?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

shaddow is doing exactly what he's done this entire game - by playing it safe, with limited input into the game, he's not going to garner much suspicion.

He got into the thread, saw that I had voted him, so voted me back with a weak case. He then responded to my criticism with a quick throw away. Only afterwards, once I explained that more was expected of him, did he put in some sort of effort to substantively respond to - that is, to engage with - what was happening in the thread.

None of these things, in and of themselves, is alignment indicative. But together, it's exemplary of his play this game: post something that's pretty nonoffensive, let it simmer, don't engage to any extensive degree, fly under the radar until end game.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Green Crayons »

And, finally:
Spoiler: Confirmed Town's Suspicions Of shaddow
In post 2099, droog wrote:
In post 2097, shaddowez wrote:
In post 2078, Green Crayons wrote:This is a peculiar unvote.

I don't understand your line of thought behind the bolded.

droog wouldn't want to be the hammer? Why not?

Presumably droog isn't voting because he doesn't want a lynch yet. He said as much in Post 2013 and Post 2020. If he was to vote either Riddle or myself, that would put us at L-1. And then you'd just hammer, thereby accomplishing exactly what droog doesn't want yet: a lynch. How does your unvote encourage droog's vote in this situation?

You make it sound like I'm just going to hammer regardless of where he places his vote. It is possible that my idea of where to place my vote will change. Even if it didn't, and droog places his vote on Riddle, I would state intent, giving droog (or you, technically) time to unvote if either of you still didn't want the lynch at the time.

As for why I think droog doesn't want to be the hammer, I don't know. It was just one possibility that went through my head at the time, and the one that made it into my post.

Even though he made it clear he didn't want to hammer yet, he didn't seem to be doing much "investigating" either. Now that he's posted more tonight, it looks like he's actually still playing, not just doing nothing.

In post 2088, droog wrote:shaddow explain why i shouldnt lynch you for lurking

Explain how I'm lurking based on my posting pattern, which has been brought up several times now, and I'll consider this.

When you do come online, it's brief
When summoned you appear late

When posting you say little

Why is it my job to prove you're lurking

Here's what I'm thinking
Riddle/slick has our highest chance of scum
But there is a chance you're it
And I can't compare you nearly as well
As I can trawl through those two slots

Thor did vote you yes
But what are the odds it was a bus?
If you don't have an argument for your township
That doesn't rely on Thors vote
I can't aha it wasn't a bus

In post 2142, droog wrote:Shaddow is a big mystery
He is a nonentity or a lurker whatever you call it

If I lynh wrong today it is shaddow vs he other
Guy

Which will not be an interesting debate at all
And I'm. Not certain Thor wouldn't bus
See the way shaddow voted back? (Will find when on comp)

I'm not so confident in shaddow that I want him near lylo

In post 2154, droog wrote:also see again why i want shaddow
he is starting to suspect me because i suspect him

his argument is easily defeated:
if i was scum i would lynch riddle as presented to me
and then get into lylo trusted with hammer

I striked out the only non-legit suspicions, which was based on shaddow having weird post times.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:26 am

Post by droog »

"ive put so much work into this scumgame
why arent you letting me win yet"
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:28 am

Post by droog »

over half of your quoted posts are one liners
which doesnt indicate town or scum

but does not suggest you're being real and genuine any more than it doesnt
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 am

Post by droog »

In post 2239, Green Crayons wrote:He got into the thread, saw that I had voted him, so voted me back with a weak case.

he would have to
its lylo and im the 'clear'
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:31 am

Post by droog »

"When you do come online, it's brief "

why did you strike this one out?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:41 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2241, droog wrote:"ive put so much work into this scumgame
why arent you letting me win yet"

:roll:

YOU said I was being inactive, as if that was indicative of me being bored scum (or whatever).

I showed you that I have been active, and I've been pressing for you to follow up your shaddow suspicions with a shaddow vote.

You now coming back and saying "Oh yeah I guess you have been active, but your activity could be you just being active scum" is a worthless non sequitur because it goes off into left field, away from your original complaint was that I
wasn't
active, and therefore the more likely scum.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2242, droog wrote:over half of your quoted posts are one liners
which doesnt indicate town or scum

but does not suggest you're being real and genuine any more than it doesnt

Maybe if you read
The substance of those posts
You will see the extent of my emotional capability
On the internet.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:42 am

Post by droog »

In post 2245, Green Crayons wrote:YOU said I was being inactive, as if that was indicative of me being bored scum (or whatever).

no, i said you werent fired up
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:43 am

Post by droog »

are you fucking implying i cant fake emotional as shit one liners too

(not angry proving my point))
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 2243, droog wrote:
In post 2239, Green Crayons wrote:He got into the thread, saw that I had voted him, so voted me back with a weak case.

he would have to
its lylo and im the 'clear'

Yes, but an empty vote would have been less suspicious than the weak case he tacked onto it. His used a case to justify his vote, rather than how a town would use a case: to explain why I am scum. If he was town and I was scum, he doesn't need to justify his vote - just like I don't need to justify my vote on him. You just have to explain why the other player is scum.

His use of the weak case comes from a scum mentality: always gotta justify your vote with a case.

Return to “Completed Open Games”