Micro 397 - A Very Serious Mafia Game (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:19 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Bulge can you also give us the details of your "serious" mechanic?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:53 am

Post by The Bulge »

Spoiler: Guyett - Werewolf Traitor Bulletproof-Enabler Mason Vigilante
GuyettWelcome, Guyett. You are a
Werewolf Traitor Bulletproof-Enabler Mason Vigilante

Abilities:

Traitor - Although you are a part of the Werewolf faction, you do not know who your partner(s) is/are.

Bulletproof-Enabler - As long as you are alive, any player with the Bulletproof modifier will function normally. Once you are dead, all Bulletproof abilities will be nullified and no longer function.

Mason - During the Night Phase, you may communicate with Metal Sonic here. You know that they are not aligned with the Mafia, and they know the same about you.

Vigilante - Each Night Phase, you may kill one player.

Win condition:

You win when all members of every other faction have been eliminated and there is at least one Werewolf-aligned player still alive, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Please confirm via PM by stating your role name.

Spoiler: Metal Sonic - Werewolf Traitor Bulletproof Mason Backup Vigilante
Metal SonicWelcome, Metal Sonic. You are a
Werewolf Traitor Bulletproof Mason Backup Vigilante

Abilities:

Traitor - Although you are a part of the Werewolf faction, you do not know who your partner(s) is/are.

Bulletproof - Any Night Kill attempts made against you will fail.

Mason - During the Night Phase, you may communicate with Guyett here. You know that they are not aligned with the Mafia, and they know the same about you.

Backup - If there is a Vigilante in the game, you will inherit their Vigilante powers once they die (any other powers they may have had will not be inherited).

Win condition:

You win when all members of every other faction have been eliminated and there is at least one Werewolf-aligned player still alive, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Spoiler: gameplay506 - Town Cop Neighbour
gameplay506Welcome, gameplay506, you are a
Town Cop Neighbour

Abilities:

Investigation - Each Night Phase, you may investigate one player. You will get a result of
Mafia
Not Mafia
, or
No Result
(you know you are guaranteed to be sane).

Neighbour - During the Night Phase, you may communicate with PokerFace here.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town-aligned player still alive.

Spoiler: PokerFace - Town Doctor Neighbour
PokerFaceWelcome, PokerFace, you are a
Town Doctor Neighbour

Abilities:

Protection - Each Night Phase, you may protect one player. If successful, any Night Kill attempts made against your target will fail.

Neighbour - During the Night Phase, you may communicate with gameplay506 here.

Win condition:

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated and there is at least one Town-aligned player still alive.

Spoiler: Vanshed -Town Compulsive Weak Roleblocker
VanshedWelcome, Vanshed, you are a
Town Compulsive Weak Roleblocker

Abilities:

Each Night Phase, you must target one player. If successful, any Night Action (if any) performed by your target will fail. If you target an Anti-Town player, you will die. In the event that you fail to submit a choice, your target will be randomized.

Win condition:

Spoiler: wgeurts - Town Gunsmith
wgeurtsWelcome, wgeurts, you are a
Town Gunsmith

Abilities:

Each Night Phase, you may investigate one player. You will either learn whether or not your target carries a gun, or receive No Result.

Win condition:

Spoiler: Flubbernugget - Town Miller
FlubbernuggetWelcome, Flubbernugget, you are a
Town Miller

Abilities:

You have no Night Actions.

Passive - Any Cop that investigates you will receive a result of
Mafia

Win condition:

Spoiler: fuzzybutternut - Town Backup Bulletproof Jack-of-All-Trades
fuzzybutternutWelcome, fuzzybutternut, you are a
Town Backup Bulletproof Jack-of-All-Trades

Abilities:

Backup - If there is a Bulletproof Jack-of-All-Trades in the game, you will inherit their powers once they die.

Win condition:

Spoiler: shos - Vanilla Townie
shosWelcome, shos, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Win condition:

Masonry
Neighbourhood
Graveyard
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:03 am

Post by shos »

1. I *LOATH* being a VT. especially in a game where everyone else is cooler
2. by seeing MS's claim, and the rest of the flips, I am sure that town could understand that there actually is no mafia, and therefore guyett is scum, just by analysis.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:05 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 632, fuzzybutternut wrote:Bulge, any chance of a "A Very Serious Mafia 2 - Now with less Normality?"
I think that could be really fun.

A Mini Theme sequel is already in the works :wink:

In post 650, Flubbernugget wrote:Bulge can you also give us the details of your "serious" mechanic?

I did that to mess with you guys. I wanted to see if people would still remember it as we got later into the game (it was never really mentioned again) but it was just a fun thing to keep you on your toes... and maybe a little bit for my own amusement.

Now, many of you voiced concern - whether it was here, via PM, or in the dead thread - that the setup was not Normal. And I do admit that I did stray away from the Guidelines accidentally. To understand fully, you need to understand how the design process worked. Originally, this was going to be just a bastard game, no other catch. But when I was looking for inspiration in the Normal Role list, I realized that there were several combinations that would technically be "Normal" but would produce a bastard result. It was going to be just that until I decided to advertise it publicly as "following the Normal Guidelines". One rule I accidentally broke was Werewolf Masons. The split scum-team was the first idea I had for this setup, and they were originally Neighbours. Late in the design process (probably one of the last things I did), I switched them to Masons without really double-checking the Guidelines. The Open Setup Masons and Monks was my inspiration for Werewolf Masons, but I didn't realize that scum Masons are against Normal Guidelines because the Mason role itself only specifies "not Mafia". Sorry about that, folks.

I know I answered a few PMs with "I'll discuss this in post-game", so if you think I owe you an answer, speak up here because I don't remember and I don't know if I've covered it already.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 652, shos wrote:1. I *LOATH* being a VT. especially in a game where everyone else is cooler.

I felt bad about that. It sucked to give out a VT role. I knew someone would be disappointed. Random.org hates you.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:07 am

Post by The Bulge »

Oh crap Night Actions. I'll do those
now
when I get home to my laptop because they're all neat and tidily formatted there.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:40 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

Did you really change your picture to incorporate a less serious atmosphere for this game? 'cause that's what it seemed like.
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.
GTKAFuzzy! Come ask me questions. :D
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 656, fuzzybutternut wrote:Did you really change your picture to incorporate a less serious atmosphere for this game? 'cause that's what it seemed like.

Haha no, that was because of a Speakeasy thread.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:45 am

Post by fuzzybutternut »

hahaha. Fit perfectly for this game.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Vanshed
Vanshed
Townie
Vanshed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:14 pm

Post by Vanshed »

Thanks for takng the guarateed win that faled to really outlne day 2 and turn t nto a loss. (f flubber was town, mason clams were scum, although to be honest hadn't actually gone that far (why blocked guyett rather than sonc n the attempt to confrm t, somethng to do wth not wantng a vg kll to happen)

That gameplay lynch was the worst - you fuckng beleved
They've stolen my eyes! Less, worry not for the removal of the assorted surrounds. How else would one cope amongst such darkness?
Vanshed
Vanshed
Townie
Vanshed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Vanshed »

a cop clam from someone that was estashblshed as bulletproof. There s no way a mrco s gong to have a bulletproof cop, even f t s also a seer. bggest wtf moment there.
They've stolen my eyes! Less, worry not for the removal of the assorted surrounds. How else would one cope amongst such darkness?
Vanshed
Vanshed
Townie
Vanshed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Vanshed »

In post 607, fuzzybutternut wrote:PokerFace's ignorance really fucked town, though. I want him to know that.

Pokerface was the only person even thnkng after my death, some was wrong, but gven he actually gave town the chance of not stupdly losng n mylo, your post s now drected at yourself and wguerts for beng gnornant of day 2's actvtes.

In post 609, wgeurts wrote:Ah, I thought you looked scummy cus you didn't vote. Helpful site meta to know.

We bloody play wth 2 week deadlnes, why would we want to nsta-vote? Good to know you're someone scum want around n lylo.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Guyett »

I killed poker because he was thinking even though he was hard town reading me. I considered not killing for town cred with him but decided he might figure me out.
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
fuzzybutternut
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
fuzzybutternut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:38 pm

Post by fuzzybutternut »

In post 661, Vanshed wrote:Pokerface was the only person even thnkng after my death, some was wrong, but gven he actually gave town the chance of not stupdly losng n mylo, your post s now drected at yourself and wguerts for beng gnornant of day 2's actvtes.

I wasn't ignorant of anything.
I suggested MANY times who could be scum and for what reasons. I literally posted, went to sleep, and woke up and I was dead.
Come play
modded
Minecraft!
Vanshed
Vanshed
Townie
Vanshed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:44 pm

Post by Vanshed »

You hammered gameplay on a dodgy gulty from MS - you were gnornant. (not as gnornant as wguerts straght vote though)

In post 619, PokerFace wrote:
you are me, you know yourself to be town and have my role. Its day 4. Who is scum?
You also know vanshed targetted fuzzy nght 1 and take a guess as to hm targetted guyett nght 2. You see hs flp.
Guyett and Sonc are scum. (please explan how you managed to stll have the town-read on guyett there)

you are fuzzy, you know yourself to be town and have fuzzy's role. Its day 5. Who is scum?

Pokerface just clamed doctor and ded the followng nght - he was not scum and therefore saved wguerts successfully, Guyett s scum.
Knowng vanshed's actons ths should also be easly fgured out by wguerts.
Ths s especally the case after seeng Sonc's flp.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I was leaning fuzzy scum and when i went to bed last night in real life i slept on guyett possibilty. I woke dead and still leaning fuzzy but didn't think you were impossible. Only that wguerts was impossible.

If it was you, me and fuzzy. I would have voted you since fuzzy scum would not kill wguerts given day 4

if it was you, me, wguerts I would have voted you cause i knew it weren't wguerts

if it was me, you, fuzzy, and wguerts i would have been much more susepotable to fuzzy being town as he could then be right about mafia not being able to kill. Which would mean vanshed going to you killed vanshed

Killing me was smart guyett
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

you are me, you know yourself to be town and have my role. Its day 4. Who is scum?
You also know vanshed targetted fuzzy nght 1 and take a guess as to hm targetted guyett nght 2. You see hs flp.
Guyett and Sonc are scum. (please explan how you managed to stll have the town-read on guyett there)[/quote]
guyett said scum have day talk. Me and gameplay have day talk. scum gonna admit they have day talk? Nope

Also I thought scum killed you at night. Weak doctor only kill =/= their target scum. There would need to be 2 kills

Also I was a doctor neighbored with a cop. Sonic claimed bulletproof cop. Him and gameplay not much different in roles. And gameplay said he was 1 shot and then changed to multishot in the neighbor thread. Thats an untrustworthy move lieing to your neighbor
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Guyett »

My scum game has improved a ridiculous amount from last year :D
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 666, PokerFace wrote:
Guyett and Sonc are scum. (please explan how you managed to stll have the town-read on guyett there)

guyett said scum have day talk. Me and gameplay have day talk. scum gonna admit they have day talk? Nope

Also I thought scum killed you at night. Weak doctor only kill =/= their target scum. There would need to be 2 kills

Also I was a doctor neighbored with a cop. Sonic claimed bulletproof cop. Him and gameplay not much different in roles. And gameplay said he was 1 shot and then changed to multishot in the neighbor thread. Thats an untrustworthy move lieing to your neighbor

Also note i did not vote that day. read the neighbor thread. I was leaning toward lynch sonic, shoot gamplay. Only thing that made me hesitate was gameplay not checking who i told him to check.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by PokerFace »

wow theres some heavy quote tag failing there, but i believ you should know who is who
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by PokerFace »

gameplay targeted guyett. got inocent and wguerts found a gun.
you targeted fuzzy and lived

guyett has 2 apposing inspect results. So he is not investigation imune. So he is innocent with a gun = vig
Is there a scenario where a weak guy lives on scum. Yes there is. You said so yourself
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 670, PokerFace wrote:gameplay targeted guyett. got not mafia and wguerts found a gun.

guyett has 2 apposing inspect results. So he is not investigation imune. So he is innocent with a gun = vig
Is there a scenario where a weak guy lives on scum. Yes there is. You said so yourself

fixed
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 671, PokerFace wrote:
In post 670, PokerFace wrote:gameplay targeted guyett. got not mafia and wguerts found a gun.

guyett has 2 apposing inspect results. So he is not investigation imune. So he is not mafia with a gun = vig

fixed

also a werewolf with a gun still feels very wierd. How does he hold that gun, seriously?

Also I have been a vig that beat people up. So vigs don't always have guns. So seriously gunsmith didn't need to find a gun there
Vanshed
Vanshed
Townie
Vanshed
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:41 pm

Post by Vanshed »

In post 670, PokerFace wrote:gameplay targeted guyett. got inocent and wguerts found a gun.

wasn't aware of the neighoubrhood postngs at the tme of me postn as hdn't got up to readng them at that tme.

The fact gameplay also led n the neghbourhood as well as n thread about the amount of shots means am okay wth that. My real reacton cannot be taped as was spoled as soon as entered the dead thread.

dn't understand how Sonc's flp ddn't show guyett to be scum though.

Yes dd say that, as asked Bulge about t before clamed.

Bulge, f you're runnng one of these agan, can you at least make sure the game s mafa, aka havng an mformed mnotry, whch ths game ddn't.
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:37 am

Post by Metal Sonic »

"werewolf traitor" i didn know guyett was my partner but i found out day 2
oopsies! haha!

I've updated my wiki! Check it out!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”