Newbie 1561: Puppies! (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:54 am

Post by Boonskiies »

it totally is, though. UGHHHH!!!!!!! I don't see why HI would unvote me if he was scum.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:59 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 893, Hostile Intent wrote:Oh, shit. Should we mass-claim?

I know I already did, but isn't it better chance-wise for the pr to come forward today?

Or does it make more sense to try to let them get to 3p (provided we lynch correctly today) lylo?

1.) How would a mass claim help at this point? It will either be 5 VT claims or a doctor claim with no evidence to support it. Scum could claim doc with impunity.

2.) Your slip here is that you automatically posited a 3 person LYLO tomorrow. The possibility remains that there is a mafia roleblocker and a town doctor in play. You talk about mass claiming as if there could be a doctor to claim; however, you then talk as if tomorrow is certain to be 3 man LYLO. So either you are scum and your team doesn't have a roleblocker so you know there is no doctor, or you are the roleblocker and hoped to draw out a doc claim so you could let Boonskiies die and block + kill the doctor.

Knowing something you shouldn't if you are town is generally a pretty solid scum tell. Add to it that you voted on Boonskiies and he didn't get hammered despite the rest of us having opportunity to do so. If the scum team isn't you and Boonskiies, then why isn't the game over?

I'm pretty sure that's Check and Mate.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:01 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 925, Boonskiies wrote:it totally is, though. UGHHHH!!!!!!! I don't see why HI would unvote me if he was scum.

Read HI's last few posts. She was setting herself up to be completely trusted by whichever of us she let live into tomorrow. My guess is she would have killed off ++--, who is basically a wallflower this game, and then used her style of making a vague or unclear statement to get me to go for Singer or vice versa. Unvoting is a last ditch effort to try and to convince someone that someone else is your partner.
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:08 am

Post by Hostile Intent »

Its actually more likely that only ONE of us is scum, and the lack of hammer points to his partner not wanting to pull the trigger, in my opinion.

If we were the scum team that planned to bus today (for no reason, mind you), we've done a pretty piss-poor job doing so, wouldn't you say?

The mass-claim was an attempt to think outside the box and mention something that hadn't been mentioned yet. I've already claimed, so there's nothing for me to lose in mentioning that maybe we could increase the odds of lynching scum today if we had a doctor claim.

If I think Boonskiies is scum, and we lynch Boonskiies, and he's actually scum, that's 3p lylo.

Straw man a little harder next time.

Pedit: I know I'm living tomorrow because I'm obviously the easy lynch in 3p given my play.

Again, straw man harder.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Drixx »

You didn't make an argument for me to misrepresent, ergo a straw man argument cannot possibly exist.

The truth remains that you first suggested a mass claim, and then concluded 3p lylo tomorrow without even seeming to consider the possibility of a doc save resulting in a 3v1 MYLO where the doctor could tell us whom scum attempted to kill, which would be a far superior position than 3p lylo.

As for your suggestion that you've done a piss-poor job busing Boon ... you need two of us to help you, and when you put that vote down it seemed pretty likely that Singer and I would do so.

The only other possibility I see for Boon's scum partner is Singer. The whole waiting for L-1 and then making a show of not voting and claiming it proves she is town is super duper LAMIST. I'll grant that gives pause for reasonable doubt as far as
you
are concerned. The only way Singer is scum and doesn't vote at L-1 is if Boon is scum, so there's that.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:31 am

Post by Boonskiies »

FMPOV, Singer is pretty much confirmed town. Which leaves two scum out of HI/Drixx/++--. Drixx could have been doing the classic, "Bus a buddy, vote a townie" in the sense he gave suspicion on HI and myself, and chose to vote me.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:38 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 930, Boonskiies wrote:FMPOV, Singer is pretty much confirmed town. Which leaves two scum out of HI/Drixx/++--. Drixx could have been doing the classic, "Bus a buddy, vote a townie" in the sense he gave suspicion on HI and myself, and chose to vote me.

You flip scum and Singer is most definitely not conftown. In fact, that was the most over the top LAMIST ever. I was hard tunneled in on HI after #893 followed by the vote on you followed by the rest of us holding off to be safe. HI has me doubting her. You? You won't even defend yourself, nor will you make the case you called us all stupid for missing. Short of that, I can't imagine a reason to re-evaluate you. Nice move with the OMGUS FoS on me. Can't answer my case and can't actually make a case on Singer, so attack the person who nailed you.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:40 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Yes, but it wouldn't matter at that point. I won't be flipping scum, and that would be game over.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:41 am

Post by Boonskiies »

You need to unvote me, Drixx. Now that Singer is confirmed for me, I am starting to think it's Hostile Intent and ++, meaning as soon as they are both here, they are going to quick hammer. Which is why HI decided to unvote, so you wouldn't.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:42 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Unless, you and ++ are partners. I actually don't really see a scum team without having ++-- now, by POE. I guess it could be HI/Drixx, but I'm doubting that right now.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:52 am

Post by Boonskiies »

It's ++-- and Drixx. It could be ++-- and HI, but ++-- has been gradually scum reading HI and keeping pressure on him. I don't believe he needed to that if he was partners in this game. Side note, him and Drixx have been very passive towards each other. I don't think the scum team is HI/Drixx, so regardless of the partner, ++-- should be a safe vote.

VOTE: ++--

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:56 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Yeah, I'm happy with that vote. He's been WK-ing me for a bit now, but in a way where he could easily turn it in an instance without anyone blinking an eye. He's been pointing out a whole bunch of townie things that I do, yet still is keeping that little bits of suspicion. He's asking a lot of fluffy questions, and is choosing to state more informational things than analysis. He's been consistently against HI, and consistently on Drixx's side. It's like HI/Drixx are two sides of the same coin, because ++ has positioned himself in a way where I could easily see him being partners with either. That being said, I don't see reason to keep that scummy read on HI in this situation.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:00 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Lol'd. Whether its technically straw man or not doesn't change the fact that you're pulling at very little and exaggerating the shit out of it. And IIRC you were hard-scum-reading me way before that post. But that's neither here nor there, unfortunately, because I still think you're town.

The only way my 3p lylo suggestion should be considered a slip is if we confirmed to not have a doc, which is impossible. I don't put stock in the potential doc saving anyone because they've done a pretty piss poor job so far. IC is 9/10 times the N1 kill and guys like copper always go next. So unless the doc had scum reads on both those slots (which is impossible because I'm the only one who scum-read either of them at all on the day before their death), the doc isn't doing too great.

That said, I'm done here.

VOTE: Boonskiies
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Oh shit, wait a second.

UNVOTE: Boonskiies

++ hadn't had a chance to hammer. Thinking...
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

Had to go back and read the last page. Its not ++ imo, but if it is then fucking bravo.

VOTE: Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Welp, GG. If ++ doesn't hammer me, then it was in fact the HI/Drixx team.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Actually, it is over. ++ is confirmed scum from my perspective, as Drixx/HI would have hammered ++. One of Drixx/HI is town, plus Singer and I.

GG, though. Whichever is town out of HI/Drixx is going to be too ignorant to unvote.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Hostile Intent
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Hostile Intent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Hostile Intent »

UNVOTE: Boonskiies

We've got a week. I'm going to go back and read some more.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:46 pm

Post by singersigner »

In post 941, Boonskiies wrote:Actually, it is over. ++ is confirmed scum from my perspective, as Drixx/HI would have hammered ++. One of Drixx/HI is town, plus Singer and I.

GG, though. Whichever is town out of HI/Drixx is going to be too ignorant to unvote.

This is terrible logic since you have to assume they'd be around to coordinate the double-vote at the same time, and only HI had confirmed his presence.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I disagree. We were all on-site, and all posting.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:48 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Doesn't change anything for me regardless, though.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by ++-- »

Boon is flipping reads like crazy. I don't like that.

Anyway, what's strange to me is that HI basically did the same vote-unvote thing as Boon did. They play nearly exactly the same. Maybe I was wrong the whole time and it's Drixx and singer? But then singer could have hammered... So it's either Drixx+HI or singer+Boon fmpov, unless something is very strange. But... neither really makes sense... I don't really get what's happening now because LITERALLY EVERYTHING points towards me being scum (if looking from a neutral perspective) and I'm not... asdasdasd
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by Drixx »

Boonskiies - Is there any pairing you haven't suggested in your scramble to suggest pairings that don't include you? After HI voted you, Everyone else had an opportunity to vote you. If you were town, the odds that you would still be alive are so staggeringly against as to be unbelievable. You still haven't addressed the case against you, nor have you made any actual case against anyone, especially the one person you were dead sure was scum to such a degree that you insulted the rest of us for not seeing it. You are posting pretty much anything BUT a defense for yourself.

@HI - When there are no PR results in play, it's usually small things that catch scum. You don't need to attack me about it any further for nitpicking though because I realized I was hard tunneling on you and zoomed out a bit already. I think Singer has made at least a half dozen LAMIST posts this game, and ++-- basically kept from committing anything until today when he put up a fallacious defense of Boonskiies. I don't think there's any case coming anywhere close to Boonskiies.

@++-- My best guess is that HI is trying to set up reasonable doubt for tomorrow, but that seems to me to be a problem for the anticipated 3 player LYLO. If I'm left alive, I can try and figure it out then. Right now it seems like a desperate hail mary on the part of Boon. He
STILL
won't defend himself or make a case. Is there any conceivable town motive for that behavior?
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:18 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 947, Drixx wrote:Boonskiies - Is there any pairing you haven't suggested in your scramble to suggest pairings that don't include you? After HI voted you,
Everyone else had an opportunity to vote you. If you were town, the odds that you would still be alive are so staggeringly against as to be unbelievable.
You still haven't addressed the case against you, nor have you made any actual case against anyone, especially the one person you were dead sure was scum to such a degree that you insulted the rest of us for not seeing it. You are posting pretty much anything BUT a defense for yourself.

@HI - When there are no PR results in play, it's usually small things that catch scum. You don't need to attack me about it any further for nitpicking though because I realized I was hard tunneling on you and zoomed out a bit already. I think Singer has made at least a half dozen LAMIST posts this game, and ++-- basically kept from committing anything until today when he put up a fallacious defense of Boonskiies. I don't think there's any case coming anywhere close to Boonskiies.

@++-- My best guess is that HI is trying to set up reasonable doubt for tomorrow, but that seems to me to be a problem for the anticipated 3 player LYLO. If I'm left alive, I can try and figure it out then. Right now it seems like a desperate hail mary on the part of Boon. He
STILL
won't defend himself or make a case. Is there any conceivable town motive for that behavior?

False, ++-- didn't have the opportunity. What do you want me to do to defend myself? I know I'm town. How the fuck do you want me to defend myself?

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
++--
++--
Goon
++--
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by ++-- »

Someone's acting absolutely counterintuitively here, because none of the possible scumteams make sense. But, indeed, Boon is right about me not having the chance to hammer him, that is, basically, normally, I'd be confirmed scum if Boon is town. My main problem is, though, that I'm (fmpov obviously) not scum, and I'm not that sure about Boon, either. I mean, right now, I find him more likely to be scum than not, but I'm not that sure.... So: is there a chance that a scum is acting against what they should normally do, and, instead of hammering, prolongs the game for some sort of a weird reason?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”