Mini 48 (Quantum Mafia) Day Five, Only one is left....

mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:28 pm

Post by mole »

I did think you were the mafia at first - until JereIC began the crusade against Macros. That threw me off - especially since I didn't believe his roleclaim. (btw - why'd you risk claiming proton so early? "electron" was guaranteed by mathcam to be a "safe" claim for me...) Then when Someone turned up he started acting a lot more believable/innocent. ;)
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 10:29 pm

Post by mole »

Vote: no lynch
, I don't think there's anything more to discuss.
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Sep 13, 2003 11:16 pm

Post by Wacky »

Well, mathcam said either neutron or proton was safe. So when coolbot died I lunged for it. I was under a bit of suspicion at the time.

There's always who is the mole on TV...

I think its Shaun... cam wouldn't be the mole cos that choice thing was a bit risky, Nathan seems too good - if he's the mole, he kinda sucks, Petrina - a bit unfair on the contestant. But shaun got a piece of paper which Alison got a glimpse on.

Yes, to evil! No more to discuss, just see how it turns out.
...whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
Someone
Someone
Well, we gotta remove Someone
Someone

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 2:36 am

Post by Someone »

Vote: no lynch
This is just here so my posts don't look so ugly when I edit them.
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:33 am

Post by mlaker »

Sigh....
Vote No lynch

mlaker
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:34 am

Post by mlaker »

And evil SUCKS!!! 8)

mlaker
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:04 pm

Post by mole »

I thought it was Alison. :( - I had everyone eliminated through similar reasoning to yours... now, I don't have a clue.

Cam and Shaun are the most suspicious in my eyes, though IMO if Shaun's the mole he isn't doing a very good job. Surely he could have come up with a better reason for opening that canister thing, for instance... Cam at least tries to some sort of "we need this! let's pay Grant for it!" excuse, even if the other contestants aren't buying it I think it's much better play. ;)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:22 am

Post by mathcam »

Excellent. I approve of these fast nights, especially the ones that happen before I even declare them.

The decision made is to play the odds and see what happens at night. There is no lynch, and all return to their homes, (though relatively few will stay there for long).

Night does not go well for kind mlaker.

mlaker, Gluon and tachyon, lost in the void.

Day 4, three alive, two to lynch.

Cam
Last edited by mathcam on Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Motive/Role Info for mlaker
:

MOTIVE:
You are a Gluon.

ROLE: TACHYON

You are a tachyon, a particle that travels backwards through time.
You are very elusive and difficult to target. You begin the game
non-existent and as long as you remain non-existent, you may not post
or vote in the thread. Each night you must decide whether or not to
enter the game. The longer you wait to enter the game, the more
powerful you'll be. Once you enter the game, you will remain there
until you are killed.

Here is a table of the bonuses you will receive if you decide on the
previous night to enter the game on the following days:
Day 1 - No bonus
Day 2 - You will be immune to the first time you are killed, day or night.
Day 3 - Same as night 2, plus you will be allowed a free
investigation of a player in the game the night you enter.
Day 4 - Same as night 3, plus you will get complete information
about the existence and size of the remaining killing groups.

You will get no additional bonuses after day 4.

Cam
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:17 pm

Post by Wacky »

H8 this ISP!

Vote: Someone

Lets end this!
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2003 7:37 pm

Post by mole »

Vote: Someone

Well, it's been great working with you.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:23 am

Post by mathcam »

Role/Motive Info for Someone (2)/JereIC
:

MOTIVE:
You are a Muon.

ROLE: MAGNETIC MONOPOLE
You are the magnetic monopole, a particle highly sought after by
physicists. Your strength derives from the fact that you are
mysterious and unattainable. You role's power is to be immune to the
first 4 night kill attempts made on your life. You will not be
notified when these are used, and if you are targeted by two different
killing groups in one night, that will count as two uses of your
immunity. You will lose your ability if you are discovered as the
magnetic monopole (there
are
players looking for you).
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:24 am

Post by mathcam »

And with that someone is taken to the cleaners and beat like a red-headed step child. (i.e. he's dead.)

Night falls, and but two remain in the small town of Quantia. They peruse the town, admiring their self-made corposes, and finally stumble into one another. mole speaks first:

- So...you're evil, right?
- Yeah. You?
- Yeah.
- I bet you have a kill protection that will stop me from killing you.
- Yeah. You?
- Yeah. So I guess it's a draw.
- I guess so.

Both parties agree and turn to walk away, off to ravage another town and its citizens. A smirk appears on mole's face. "Liar!!!" he screams, and he turns and shoots Wacky in the Backy. Wacky crumples. Mole takes a nice nap and awakes to find that

Wacky (Antimatter mafia, suspended matter), lost in the void.

SERIAL KILLER MOLE WINS!!!

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:25 am

Post by mathcam »

Role/Motive Info for Wacky
:

MOTIVE: ANTIMATTER MAFIA
You are an antineutron, a member of the antimatter mafia. Together with your partner, antiproton rite, you may kill one person each night. You must decide which of you is doing each killing.

You have the following goal that your partner does not know about, but that you should probably share with him/her: You are searching for the MAGNETIC MONOPOLE, another role in this game. If you are the one of the two of you chosen to do the killing at night and you target the magnetic monopole, then your team will receive a bonus. You may or
may not be the only one searching for the magnetic monopole.

The last thing you need to know is that there is either a proton or a neutron (but not both) as a townie motive in the game, so that role claim may or may not be safe. If either of you targets your anti-particle, you randomly target someone else in the game, including
possibly your partner. The magnetic monopole role is not matched with your antiparticle.

ROLE: SUSPENDED MATTER
You are a suspended particle. Any time you are targeted at night, you will be told of the player targeting you. Be careful, there are several roles in this game, both good and bad, that can target people at night.

p.s. Someone targeted you last night, Wacky. It was mole. :)
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:26 am

Post by mathcam »

Role/Motive Info for mole
:

MOTIVE: POSITRON
You are a positron, an antiparticle serial killer. You may kill one person each night. You are immune to the first time you are killed at night. You are also searching for the player with the SCHRODINGER'S CAT role: if you target the player with that motive before any other
roles looking for it die, the player with the Schrodinger's Cat motive will join your side. Last, to help offset the difficulty of being a serial killer, I am giving you the information that there is no electron in the game, so the townie motive "electron" is safe to claim. The mafia are not getting any such information.

ROLE: Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen (EPR) TWIN
You, along with one other player in the game, are an EPR twin. Any time you are targeted by a night action, your twin is targeted instead, and vice versa. This switch will not be told to the
targeter.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:28 am

Post by mathcam »

Congrats mole, and thanks for playing, everyone. I had fun watching it, and I hope you had fun playing it. I'd appreciate feedback...things to think about:

- the split between roles and motives
- mlaker's backward-time-traveling role
- Various things that various roles are searching for (the magnetic monopole and Schrodinger's cat)
- handicaps for the serial killer (one free kill protection and a "safe" role claim), and partial safe role claim for the mafia.
- the different finding conditions for the physicists
- anything else you can think of

Cam
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:46 am

Post by mole »

So did Wacky try to kill me? I feel bad now... :( But I had resolved to do it after your attempt to get me to think mlaker was scum.

I also want to know what the
real
mith would have done. ;)

Wacky, well done. I couldn't think of a better partner. :) I just got lucky when mlaker spilled his full role - at the time I was thinking of a fake one to force you to cooperate and had you called my bluff I probably would have thrown the game to you over the town the next day. You deserved it.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:41 am

Post by mathcam »

Yeah...though not evident from the morning scene, shots were fired in both directions.

Wacky even mentioned that he thought you had one kill protection. I wondered why either of you didn't try to convince Someone to lynch the other.

Cam
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:57 am

Post by Stewie »

If you guys just listened to me from the begining... Oh well, it was fun playing and it was fun watching once I was dead. I was somehow expectingmlaker to come back, because I targeted him the first night. If it was me the one who killed him, we probably would of gotten the role info.

nice game, cam.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 9:58 am

Post by CoolBot »

It was a fun game, even if my role was negated on Night 1. Reading the two physicist roles, I think Macros's was easier than mine. You had hinted the physicist might have more powers past the first day. Where there any?
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:13 am

Post by Norinel »

I think the lynches of Stewie and Macros were imbecilic. The motives are assigned randomly and usually independently, and it's a stated fact that the townie motives are particle names. Macros should've said that his and CoolBot's roles used different methods of finding the monopole.

I don't like your formatting of the front post dead list, due to both not having times of "death" and being inconsistent with whether role or motive was first.

You used a few role ideas I was planning on using because I hadn't seen them done before. :(

I still like the role/motive split, and I might actually run a game at some point using it. Out of curiosity, how do you figure out the balance for these?

mlaker's role was one of the ideas I might've used in some form or another, so I like it, but there might've been better ways to simulate the travelling back in time, like not making him reappear until he's killed or something like that.

Searching works and can be nifty, especially in split games where just because you've found the whatever doesn't tell you if that player is scum or not.

SKs usually need all the help they can get, whether it's special powers and a claimable role or a mod error.

Different finding conditions for the physicists was intriguing but hurt the game due to stupid misunderstanding.
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:12 pm

Post by Fletcher »

I really enjoyed playing this game! I really screwed up by fosing mikehart the first day though. I thought this was a good setup but my only problem with it was I was kind of confused when someone (not the person) died. I couldn't really tell if they were good or bad. I really had fun! Good job all (especially mole :wink: ).
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
Wacky
Wacky
Goon
Wacky
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2003 4:48 pm

Post by Wacky »

I wondered why I didn't try to persuade someone *after* I posted. Which really was a bit too late. I'm pretty sure someone wouldn't have agreed though. I was scummy from the beginning, so I thought that someone would be more likely to vote me, and didn't risk it.

I also thought it seemed a bit difficult for any particular anti town to win this game... Maybe it was because I have this silly tendency to act scummy D1. In day 2 I had a very strong suspicion that mole was the SK but pressed for the lynch of macros anyway, because if mole got lynched D3 would have had masons, Macros+JereIC (and maler, but I didn't know that) and myself.. i.e. a loss.

So, congrats mole on his win. This is the closest I've come to winning in a mafia game thus far. It was also quite fun, to say the least, kudos to mathcam.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 3:32 am

Post by mathcam »

You had hinted the physicist might have more powers past the first day. Where there any?
Nope. There were several things in people's role that I hinted at that weren't in the game. I like how it worked, and I think it will become a regular policy of mine.
Reading the two physicist roles, I think Macros's was easier than mine.
Though this is certainly possible, I think you only feel that way because he got lucky on day one. He picked two people and those two people just happened to precisely coincide with the two people the SK and mafia chose to kill. If he had randomly picked two other people, he would have had to try to get two specific people lynched without looking suspicious. That would be difficult.

Your role was basically "Check one player every night", though a little bit weaker. It's really hard to evaluate, but I tried to balance the two closely, and ended up thinking they were aboute even.

Cam
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2003 9:09 am

Post by Stewie »

I think what made the game too easy for mafia is the choces made in night 1, and the first 2 lynches. I actually remember fosing both wacky and mole in the first day, in one single post.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”