Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:08 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 32, kelbris wrote:OH, I see where you are coming from now. Very clever, although, how do you explain post #21 which says:

That is one rather large coincidence that I posted the exact thing Kelbris did. Huh. Almost like I was imitating him.

I didn't vote him as I wanted to take this line of inquiry instead seemed better.

I don't understand what needs explaining in that post?
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:21 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: slandaar
Flames of Disaster
Flames of Disaster
Goon
Flames of Disaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:26 am

Post by Flames of Disaster »

We should like, lynch Hodor Hodor instead.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Slandaar, what, was it the weirdest reaction test ever? Is that what you were going for?
Or were you mocking kelbris? Like, I just don't get it.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:28 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 65, kelbris wrote:I would also like to claim VT

That
must
be a record… You are not supposed to claim this early. These are the reasons why you would want to claim as Vanilla Townie;
-You are one vote away from a lynch.
-You are the most popular lynch option with just two days left before deadline.
-We have reached a point in the game where the town has agreed to mass claim.
-Your claim provides information about somebody else’s claim.

Your claim was not made for any of the above reasons - it was a mistake. I will now refute your reasons for claiming;
-Claiming just because people suspect you is bad. You were not at risk of getting lynched. The best way of removing suspicion is by defending yourself and scum hunting. You claimed VT, but that doesn’t make it more likely that you are town. You could very easily be scum lying.
-You said that your claim removes targets for the vigilante, but that is not true. The hypothetical vigilante has no reason to believe that you are VT rather than scum. Your claim actually makes it more likely that a vig kills you because they know you are not a town power role.
-You said that your claim removes targets for the doctor. But this is also not a good reason - if you were suspected enough that you felt the need to claim, then the hypothetical doc wasn’t going to protect you anyway. Doctors generally protect players that are not suspected by others.
-You said that your claim removes targets for the cop, but this is also not true. Claiming VT does not confirm you as town because you could very easily be mafia lying. You are just as good an investigation choice as you were before.

Your claim does not make it easier for any town power roles. But if you are town, then it does make it easier for scum. Scum want to kill power roles and, if you’re town, they know not to shoot you.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:31 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

FA_Q2
, in your experience, have you ever seen anyone claim prematurely like this?

kelbris
, why did you vote for Slandaar?
-Wickedestjr
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:36 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 60, havingfitz wrote:
In post 23, Randomnamechange wrote:Kelbris does this. He plays like this as town.

You made this comment when Kelbris had only one post. When you say he "does this" ...what are you referring to? Explaining his potential absences? Saying his vote is RVS when he makes it? When I look at his three other games onsite (2 town and 1 scum) I do not see him do either of these things, at least in his first post, in any of his games. So what in his first post of this game told you he is town?

VOTE: randomidget

randomiget...could you respond to this?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:42 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I like the Hodor Hodor vote (but not as much as my kelbris vote).

Slandaar could be scum, but not for the reason that Cheetory provided. I think that was obviously an imitation of kelbris. Not sure how its being read differently.

I would appreciate if nobody else explained their vote for Slandaar before kelbris does.
-Wickedestjr
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 78, Cheetory6 wrote:@Slandaar, what, was it the weirdest reaction test ever? Is that what you were going for?
Or were you mocking kelbris? Like, I just don't get it.

To highlight how bad it is to use 'doing other stuff' as an excuse of any kind...
In post 3, kelbris wrote:Just an FYI, if it seems like I am not responding quickly to asked questions,
keep in mind that I live in the AEST time zone, so while you may be awake,
I may be
asleep or
out doing other things.

The timezone thing is a little defensive but using the 'other things' is terrible.

So, we have a suspiciously over defensive post in RVS, we can either vote and everyone will agree with it and nothing really happens as you can't really argue against or you can post in a way to see who is thinking/paying attention and who isn't - you failed horribly. And of course in one post I ended RVS so there is that.

Your turn to answer my questions.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:12 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Heh. I'm dumb. I was being lazy and didn't make the connection that you'd taken just portions of things that he'd exactly said.
Was partially just latching on to something small to try and get out of RVS faster.
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:42 am

Post by kelbris »

Before I answer the question regarding why I voted for Slandaar, I would like to say that I made my post about explaining my timezone because in 1 of my games, most of the action/question-asking has happened during the night-time hours where I am (11pm-7am or so), I therefore decided to explain my inactivity at the start of the game this time rather then wait for a large wagon to appear and being forced to defend myself. This was in open #586 (don't worry, it IS over).

The reason I voted for Slandaar is because he intended to use a post which has no bearing on a player's alignment or role (my first one of the game), as a reaction test, a pointless one at that because said post contained NOTHING alignment-indicative and was merely an explanatory post as to any delay in my posting, the "other things" part was because I am busy during the day most of the time, meaning I only post in the mornings/nights some days and was intended to be a blanket term for such things.

I would also like to say that in my experience, I HAVE seen someone claim in their first post, although that claim was a character not a role (might as well have been one since it more-or-less revealed their role, VT), it would have had the same affect as mine. IMO it either reduced scum's possible options or made them want to target him more, in this case it was the former since we never bothered to touch him until later in the game. Surprisingly, he did not suffer the same amount of backlash as I did when I attempted the same technique.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:53 am

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 80, Wickedestjr wrote:
FA_Q2
, in your experience, have you ever seen anyone claim prematurely like this?

kelbris
, why did you vote for Slandaar?

I have seen a LOT of people claim prematurely but never this fast and never in this manner. Page 3 id just asinine. Nor do I remember anyone ever claiming while still in RVS.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:55 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Lol.
I just noticed the VT claim.
lololololol.
Man.
The best.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:57 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Also
Wickedest wrote:I would appreciate if nobody else explained their vote for Slandaar before kelbris does.
Weps.
I'm officially being shit this game. Sorry. q.q
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:22 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 75, Slandaar wrote:
In post 32, kelbris wrote:OH, I see where you are coming from now. Very clever, although, how do you explain post #21 which says:

That is one rather large coincidence that I posted the exact thing Kelbris did. Huh. Almost like I was imitating him.

I didn't vote him as I wanted to take this line of inquiry instead seemed better.

I don't understand what needs explaining in that post?

Kelbris this definitely was not rhetorical.
FA_Q2
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
FA_Q2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:42 pm

Post by FA_Q2 »

In post 77, Flames of Disaster wrote:We should like, lynch Hodor Hodor instead.

because....
kelbris
kelbris
Goon
kelbris
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Post by kelbris »

@slandaar I never said it was, when I made that "OH etc" post, I was referring to post #31, he says that he was referring to you imitating me. I asked him how does he explain your post in #21 where you said that you were imitating me since he thought that your comment before was scummy.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by vikingfan »

So, Flames, you just say that Hodor's post is scummy, vote him, and that's it. Mind contributing some on the other players?

Kelbris' play is stupid (page 3? Seriously?) but I'm inclined to write it off as newbtown. Lynching later does have the policy advantage of knowing we're not killing a town PR (town PRs should NEVER claim townie).
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by Iknal »

Vote Count 1.1
Hodor Hodor(1): Flames of Disaster
kelbris(2): Wickedestjr
Slandaar(5): burn_209, Cheetory6, Riblet, Kelbris, Randomidget
randomidget(1): havingfitz

Not voting: massive; vikingfan; FA_Q2; Hodor Hodor; Slandaar

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2015-04-04 17:00:00)
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
Flames of Disaster
Flames of Disaster
Goon
Flames of Disaster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by Flames of Disaster »

sorry mod, I'd like to replace out
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 81, havingfitz wrote:
In post 60, havingfitz wrote:
In post 23, Randomnamechange wrote:Kelbris does this. He plays like this as town.

You made this comment when Kelbris had only one post. When you say he "does this" ...what are you referring to? Explaining his potential absences? Saying his vote is RVS when he makes it? When I look at his three other games onsite (2 town and 1 scum) I do not see him do either of these things, at least in his first post, in any of his games. So what in his first post of this game told you he is town?

VOTE: randomidget

randomiget...could you respond to this?

He has a habitnof explaining himself and posting weord semi-relevant stuff.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:36 am

Post by havingfitz »

Ok...so I'm good with my randomidget vote.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:11 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

I'm having a hard time getting a read on anything in this game because when I read back I feel like a fucking tool.
Lol.

Slandaar might be scum for how hard he's trying to seem like he's doing something useful while basically sitting on a few really useless questions at me and kelbris which aren't going anywhere without actually voting for either of us. I want to give Slandaar the benefit of the doubt that he might just be bewildered at how dumb I was being these last few pages and not quicklynch someone who's at least critically thinking in a game that's pretty devoid of content so far.

VOTE: havingfitz
Why do you like your randomidget vote?
Why are you going after the two easiest targets in the game and ignoring how much of a dumbfuck I was being/the main wagon?
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:09 am

Post by burn_209 »

In post 65, kelbris wrote:If I seem a bit too cautious I apologize, I would also like to claim VT, a bit of advice btw, in my other 2 town games, I wound up ultimately claiming VT (in my Newbie game I DID claim 1-shot first, but that was only because I wanted to try to save the town from falling victim to LyLo which failed unfortunately). I was also right both games, the only time I have been scum so far, I claimed town Cop but was unaware how the cop plays so that failed.

Why? Why in gods name would you do this? All your scenarios about cops, doctors, and vigilantes are not only wrong on every level but are also complete bullshit. You make it sound that since you claimed VT that you are automatically cleared and conftown. That is absolutely not the case my man, Pretty much what Wicked said in post is spot on and outlines how dumb that was. All you have done here here is help scum. Im not voting you right now because in my experience typically "dumb isn't scum"
burn_209
burn_209
Goon
burn_209
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:13 am

Post by burn_209 »

Also Im going to UNVOTE: Slandaar

he is getting close to lynch and I dont feel like my reason for voting for him in the beginning is strong enough to contribute to him being L-2

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”