Mini 1655: Delicious Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Scum Win!)

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2900 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2897, Psyche wrote:
I mean, I think it's already sort of obvious that I can't see into the hypothetical future. It should also be clear from how D1 turned out that I didn't really have a strong enough grip on the game's course that I could have pushed a PoE rationale for a lynch anyway on D2.

I think the more realistic thing I'm imagining is a scenario where I was a vig N1 instead of a tracker looking to be replaced. I'm confident that I'd have shot one of you that night less out of any one scumread than out of a lot of other townreads. That's all I really mean when I say that SW's statement was essentially correct.

Makes sense.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #2901 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Psyche »

I think it's okay for SW to be angry at me. I'm saying rather provocative things and did give her a lot of trouble while I was in this game.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #2902 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 2268, House wrote:
In post 2267, Boonskiies wrote:And what a surprise that the two people I'm scum reading the most are the first two to react. Nice.

Using the power of coincidental timing to try to doubtcast our posts simply because we happen to be online.

Nice.

I hate this...so much....haha.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2903 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2899, Wrong Song wrote:Then your comment of 'might have lynched correctly D1' to psyche goes out the window. You still would have lynched wrong. So it's not fair to say the crap to psyche when you just said what you said right here which makes your comment to him false.

No it doesn't. If there wasn't all the other crap going on D1, then it's possible there would of been more time spent scumhunting and less time with people pointlessly bickering with each other and I'm including myself in that.

So it is still possible that we MIGHT have lynched correctly but probably not regardless.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2904 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:50 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

Doesn't matter.

If oz was lynched D1 instead of me I bet I would have been lynched D2. The end game result would have been the same IMO.
I'll give you something to believe
nothing on me says defeat
no I'm not looking back so you better think fast if you think you can cut me deep
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2905 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:52 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2901, Psyche wrote:I think it's okay for SW to be angry at me. I'm saying rather provocative things and did give her a lot of trouble while I was in this game.

I'm just lashing out in general at some of the crap that happened in this game. You were only a small part of it. I'm not really angry with you.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2906 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

Also T S O's push on SG should have been a hint that he had role copped SG N1.

I mean I just don't know. Maybe it's true, I should just retire from mafia as a whole. I mean it's not fun for me anymore. I think in the last few months there's only been one game that I was happy about and it happened to be a scum game of mine, but I mean with shit that happened I couldn't even be happy about it.
no I'm not looking back so you better think fast if you think you can cut me deep
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2907 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:54 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2904, Wrong Song wrote:Doesn't matter.

If oz was lynched D1 instead of me I bet I would have been lynched D2. The end game result would have been the same IMO.

It's easy for you to make that assumption now but you really have no idea how it would of turned out if it was Oz over you. The end game might of been the same but maybe you would of had more time to convince us you were town and it wouldn't. So what exactly is your point here?
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2908 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:55 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2906, Wrong Song wrote:Also T S O's push on SG should have been a hint that he had role copped SG N1.

I mean I just don't know. Maybe it's true, I should just retire from mafia as a whole. I mean it's not fun for me anymore. I think in the last few months there's only been one game that I was happy about and it happened to be a scum game of mine, but I mean with shit that happened I couldn't even be happy about it.

Ummm...................that's a huge stretch for us to assume he was a rolecop because he pushed Saul some. We all thought Saul might have been lying. And yeah, I can understand being frustrated. You are not the only one.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2909 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:56 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2903, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 2899, Wrong Song wrote:Then your comment of 'might have lynched correctly D1' to psyche goes out the window. You still would have lynched wrong. So it's not fair to say the crap to psyche when you just said what you said right here which makes your comment to him false.

No it doesn't. If there wasn't all the other crap going on D1, then it's possible there would of been more time spent scumhunting and less time with people pointlessly bickering with each other and I'm including myself in that.

I used to think this was a thing. But, like, wrong song's lynch was more than week before deadline. The town had loads more time to scumhunt, so the narrative that pointless bickering harmfully reduced that resource just doesn't seem credible.

Instead of time, an alternative hypothesis might explain the bad lynch as a consequence of wasted or lost energy or endurance. People just couldn't be bothered to look/wait for a better lynch. I do feel like that happens a lot, especially in crowds of people who believe in the first place that D1 is essentially a crapshoot or that lynches should happen with some distance from deadline.

But for that narrative to work, we should see evidence of people wagoning Wrong Song more to end the day than because they think he's scum.
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2910 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:57 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

No it's really not. The end result would have been the same. The only difference is had i main revealed I think I would have essentially gave more backing to a T S O lynch, a better, firm read on why Boons was town. I still would have been wrong on Oz, SG and tN.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2911 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by goodmorning »

HEY LET'S ALL TAKE SIDES AND HAVE AN ANNOYED FIGHT

HEY WOW GM THAT SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA

YEAH, I THOUGHT SO
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2912 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1758, Ozgin wrote:VOTE: Wrong Song

Yeah, just gonna go ahead and save my own ass.

oh that's how wrong song died
okay i sort of just blame ozkin for the end of D1 then
Wrong Song
Wrong Song
Goon
Wrong Song
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2913 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Wrong Song »

GM I love you.

I didn't have the chance to tell you that before, you're a great person. 10/10 would play with again <3
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2914 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2909, Psyche wrote:
In post 2903, SilverWolf wrote:

I used to think this was a thing. But, like, wrong song's lynch was more than week before deadline. The town had loads more time to scumhunt, so the narrative that pointless bickering harmfully reduced that resource just doesn't seem credible.

Instead of time, an alternative hypothesis might explain the bad lynch as a consequence of wasted or lost energy or endurance. People just couldn't be bothered to look/wait for a better lynch. I do feel like that happens a lot, especially in crowds of people who believe in the first place that D1 is essentially a crapshoot or that lynches should happen with some distance from deadline.

But for that narrative to work, we should see evidence of people wagoning Wrong Song more to end the day than because they think he's scum.

Ozgin hammered WS. Gotta remember that. One thing I've learned the hard way, don't put people to L-1 in games unless you really want their lynch right away. Because there are way too many lolhammers lately.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2915 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by goodmorning »

In post 2913, Wrong Song wrote:GM I love you.

I didn't have the chance to tell you that before, you're a great person. 10/10 would play with again <3

I don't think we actually played together technically, but that's very sweet of you to say.

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2916 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2912, Psyche wrote:
In post 1758, Ozgin wrote:VOTE: Wrong Song

Yeah, just gonna go ahead and save my own ass.

oh that's how wrong song died
okay i sort of just blame ozkin for the end of D1 then

Exactly, there ya go.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2917 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2913, Wrong Song wrote:GM I love you.

I feel the same way about GM.

I think she's awesome as a person and a player. Would love to play with her again any time.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2918 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:04 pm

Post by Psyche »

But everyone else voted WS just because they were confident he was scum.
I think D1's mislynch just happened because people had bad reasons and the scumteam piled on supportively to convince those people that they didn't.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2919 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by goodmorning »

guyyyyssssssss

too nice omg

SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2920 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:07 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2918, Psyche wrote:But everyone else voted WS just because they were confident he was scum.
I think D1's mislynch just happened because people had bad reasons and the scumteam piled on supportively to convince those people that they didn't.

I can agree with this for the most part. But it's hard to have excellent reasons for scumreading a person on D1 anyway when you think about it. Unless the scumteam sucks or the townie does (neither of which was the case here).
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2921 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm

Post by Psyche »

Actually, there was absolutely no chance of lynching scum D1. If it hadn't been Wrong Song, it probably would have been tn (and ozkin would have hammered tn pre-claim). And if it hadn't been tn, it would have been some other VT who was playing rather poorly. Their ability to perform town in tandem with a tendency among the town to treat "antitown" as synonymous with "town" is probably the best story of D1.

I'm gonna stop caring after this draft.
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2922 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:12 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2902, Boonskiies wrote:
In post 2268, House wrote:
In post 2267, Boonskiies wrote:And what a surprise that the two people I'm scum reading the most are the first two to react. Nice.

Using the power of coincidental timing to try to doubtcast our posts simply because we happen to be online.

Nice.

I hate this...so much....haha.

Ha Ha, good one. :wink:
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2923 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 2921, Psyche wrote:Actually, there was absolutely no chance of lynching scum D1. If it hadn't been Wrong Song, it probably would have been tn (and ozkin would have hammered tn pre-claim). And if it hadn't been tn, it would have been some other VT who was playing rather poorly. Their ability to perform town in tandem with a tendency among the town to treat "antitown" as synonymous with "scum" is probably the best story of D1.

NOW I AM FINISHED
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2924 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:21 pm

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 2923, Psyche wrote:
In post 2921, Psyche wrote:Actually, there was absolutely no chance of lynching scum D1. If it hadn't been Wrong Song, it probably would have been tn (and ozkin would have hammered tn pre-claim). And if it hadn't been tn, it would have been some other VT who was playing rather poorly. Their ability to perform town in tandem with a tendency among the town to treat "antitown" as synonymous with "scum" is probably the best story of D1.

NOW I AM FINISHED

OK well, I don't even disagree all that much with what you said.....................so there!! :wink:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”