Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Like, I'll trust you if you disagree with what I'm worried about here and focus on other things, but I'm having a hard time getting past this nasty gut feeling that Titus is not playing on the level and I don't really have anyone to talk with about it because my team isn't read this game at all anymore q.q
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3099, Cheetory6 wrote:
Titus wrote:It likely does center on the bad assumption I am scum though.
*twitch*

P-Edit: But are you not at all worried that she might be tryhardscum going hardcore for breaking her usual scum-meta tells/avoiding her typical stubborn towntells to avoid getting lynched? Because I really really really get the impression that the lack of argumentativeness is coming from a place of "I want to see active but I don't want to piss anyone off and get lynched" rather than what she's pushing as "I want to work with people".

So I get into a bitch fight with you, disagree with Mastina's reads, fight with Espeonage, anger FFery to the point where she's yelling at me, because... I don't want to piss anyone off. Back up.

I am a try hard as any alignment. So you do get points there.

I do want to piss people off less and actually be great town and solve the game. I'm actually failing miserably and my team has told me that in no uncertain terms.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:49 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3100, Cheetory6 wrote:Like, I'll trust you if you disagree with what I'm worried about here and focus on other things, but I'm having a hard time getting past this nasty gut feeling that Titus is not playing on the level and I don't really have anyone to talk with about it because my team isn't read this game at all anymore q.q

When the game you're modding ends, I'll walk you through the difference between my scum game and town game using examples you'll be familiar with.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Don't pretend you don't know what I'm wary of you for.
You know the whole Bulba thing is bothering me a lot and is consistent with a lack of what I'm expecting from your towngame comparatively.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3097, Titus wrote:FFery,

Do you look at what's possible and work backwards or do you look at what's likely and make assumptions based off that?

I have a wiki page about how I approach scumhunting/townhunting.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... TermsOfArt

The short answer is this:

alignment + role + long term goals (not tied to one game) --> motivation --> in-thread behavior

What I see is the behavior. It's a reverse engineering task to get from there to alignment.

there are other aspects of the game - the setup, the way wagons form and fade, mod meta, player meta, and how real life is impacting their play, etc. For me, though, the meat and potatoes of the game are summed up by that algorithm.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 3079, Gammagooey wrote:theyyyy're kinda similar i guess

in Baker it felt more like extreme paranoia and a little tunnelvision than the wariness and suspicion I'm seeing with you and Tammy here, but in Baker it was much much later in the game.

It felt liek the same feeling. Like not going to be in lylo tomorrow, but I think I'm getting in to a habit of putting more stock in to reads that go against the grain.
Don't @ me.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 3080, Gammagooey wrote:how do you feel about actiondan and tso and singer?

I've liked singer's posting. Seem to be driven to helping town recently. TSO I haven't read and AD is wonky. He's either wrong about stuff or scum.
Don't @ me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Titus »

Yes. I already mentioned waaaay back in minor day 1 that I was going to try to hold fast to my opinions but move the game forward. Baning Bulba does that. I get the fact I lost the argument on Bulba being town at that point. We needed a Bane to get a boon. Bulba was the only bane getting through.

It would have been fucking easy to say, gee I'm stubborn and just let us bicker and chase our tails and not get a bane or a boon.

That's not happening.

You've stated that. You're also stating things that are off from my town game, but the game you've referenced, I was confirmed scum (your game and Butcher).
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3106, Espeonage wrote:
In post 3080, Gammagooey wrote:how do you feel about actiondan and tso and singer?

I've liked singer's posting. Seem to be driven to helping town recently. TSO I haven't read and AD is wonky. He's either wrong about stuff or scum.

wrong about what stuff?

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:56 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3104, fferyllt wrote:

Do you look at what's possible and work backwards or do you look at what's likely and make assumptions based off that?

alignment + role + long term goals (not tied to one game) --> motivation --> in-thread behavior

What I see is the behavior. It's a reverse engineering task to get from there to alignment.

there are other aspects of the game - the setup, the way wagons form and fade, mod meta, player meta, and how real life is impacting their play, etc. For me, though, the meat and potatoes of the game are summed up by that algorithm.

You see, I approach the game exactly backwards.

Find the box of what is possible first using the setup, votes etc. Then I look at role consistency. Then I look at motivation. Then I look at behavior (which meta is a part).

That deduction is how I work.

That deduction is also how you detect my alignment.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Game I'm referencing here is Survivor.
I don't believe your stance on not defending Bulba against the bane. I really don't.
Like, the level of commitment you had to "I don't think we should bane" vs "I don't think we should bane my main townread" is just not on the same level and it just doesn't jive to me.
And nothing you've done in the last two hundred posts really pinged me as being all that town.
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Reads. I'd have to go back and look for specifics, but when I was skimming I put him down in a can ignore pile.
Don't @ me.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

He's either wrong or scum but you put him in the ignore pile?
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Where else would I put him?
Don't @ me.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Titus wrote:

Find the box of what is possible first using the setup, votes etc. Then I look at role consistency. Then I look at motivation. Then I look at behavior (which meta is a part).

none of that stuff exists in useful quantity until late game. I die night 1 or 2 with distressing frequency. hence my approach - try to maximize my usefulness in the early game.

Idic
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3110, Cheetory6 wrote:Game I'm referencing here is Survivor.
I don't believe your stance on not defending Bulba against the bane. I really don't.
Like, the level of commitment you had to "I don't think we should bane" vs "I don't think we should bane my main townread" is just not on the same level and it just doesn't jive to me.
And nothing you've done in the last two hundred posts really pinged me as being all that town.

Yeah, and during survivor I also had uncouth. I had a lot of yelling and a lot of getting ignored. A lot of not getting my scumreads lynched and having to fight tooth and nail to save my townreads. Rather than turning Bulba into a mini Egg situation, I said fuck it Bane him. I lost the argument on a Bane, at least I can get shown right that Bulba's town.

Don't you find it funny that there hasn't been much of any push on Bulba after he was baned? Everyone was saying Bulba was scum, but now that he's baned, literally no one's pushing Bulba scum. It's not like his play's changed at all..
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:02 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

@Espe, meh. I guess it just kind of strikes me that it'd be easier to try and sort wrong vs scum by probing into that, so it looked a little weird that you'd be like "ignore that shiet" when he's one of the main wagons.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3114, fferyllt wrote:
Titus wrote:

none of that stuff exists in useful quantity until late game. I die night 1 or 2 with distressing frequency. hence my approach - try to maximize my usefulness in the early game.

I agree. That's why I suck at the early game and I'm trying to work on it and defer in the early game.

My behavior based reads, let's just say it, suck.

Invariably, I can narrow scum to a pool in my VCA and I always pick wrong. Survivor, didn't pick DGB as scum. Uncouth, picked AP over UT as scum. It happens.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3115, Titus wrote:

Yeah, and during survivor I also had uncouth. I had a lot of yelling and a lot of getting ignored. A lot of not getting my scumreads lynched and having to fight tooth and nail to save my townreads. Rather than turning Bulba into a mini Egg situation, I said fuck it Bane him. I lost the argument on a Bane, at least I can get shown right that Bulba's town.

Don't you find it funny that there hasn't been much of any push on Bulba after he was baned? Everyone was saying Bulba was scum, but now that he's baned, literally no one's pushing Bulba scum. It's not like his play's changed at all..

And your approach in that game was a big part of why you alienated players (like me) who otherwise would have worked more with you.

And let's not forget your efforts to get AP lynched and to save scum-Brantz.

Your chosen path wasn't the only way to win that game, and I'd argue it wouldn't have come to lylo if you'd listened to me about AP.

Idic
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:05 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

holy shit they're still posting
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3118, fferyllt wrote:

And your approach in that game was a big part of why you alienated players (like me) who otherwise would have worked more with you.

And let's not forget your efforts to get AP lynched and to save scum-Brantz.

Your chosen path wasn't the only way to win that game, and I'd argue it wouldn't have come to lylo if you'd listened to me about AP.

Maybe. I did. I was wrong. I haven't quite figured out the right approach, but I've enlisted my team to watch for the emotional tells daily and try to tell me when I'm messing up.

Occasionally, I pick something up, but I don't work on that wavelength.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 3119, Untrod Tripod wrote:holy shit they're still posting

Yes. I'm actually learning something from this. So please don't scold me for that.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:11 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

I don't think it's especially odd given that now that he's been baned he's fodder for night actions.
I've personally been putting off doing the metadive on him because I've been distracted by main wagons/trying to use my energy to focus on heavier posters.
There's also a part of me which is hoping that night actions will make it so that I don't have to deal with sorting him because my end-of-interactions read on him was cautiously nullscum and more just confused despite having asked him a bunch of things things/gotten answers.

Whatever. I don't think this is going to go anywhere because I still don't honestly believe what you're saying in response to me and UT is being dum about people posting in a game of mafia so I'll just shut up and focus on reading while I still have some spare time before my last exam.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Well, good luck on your exam. I'll be here when you're ready to talk. Obviously, that's not now.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Post by singersigner »

Those sure are a lot of references I'm not getting!

At least Gamma, if not a couple of others, stated they specifically wanted to Bane someone they weren't necessarily going to want lynched. This strategy has since not changed. I'm not really sure how I feel about it since I missed all of that discussion in real time and wasn't able to make my own choices mN1, but it doesn't seem unreasonable that the person who has a target on their back wouldn't necessarily be a priority right now.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”