Mini 499: Just Your typical Mafia Game GAME OVER!!!!!!!!

shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:11 pm

Post by shaka!! »

cicero wrote:b) What would have been a more appropriate "townie" response.

I'm fascinated to hear this.
How does this look like he is trying to cover up for me?

What makes you think he is trying to cover up for me?

I could list thousands, but these are the best fitting.

Mod Edit

Vote Count:

cheeky-little-asian- 3 (cicero, daedalus, theopor_COD)

orlowski- 2 (AlyG, ChocolateAttack)
AlyG- 1 (somestrangeflea)
cicero- 1 (Battle Mage)

Not voting (5): cheeky-little-asian, Gorgon, orlowski, pwayne66, shaka!!

7 to lynch.

Prodding C-L-A and
daedalus
Orlowski, apologies to daedalus, ignore the PM I sent you.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:43 pm

Post by Gorgon »

shaka!! wrote:
cicero wrote:b) What would have been a more appropriate "townie" response.

I'm fascinated to hear this.
How does this look like he is trying to cover up for me?

What makes you think he is trying to cover up for me?

I could list thousands, but these are the best fitting.
Hmm ... you have a point. A simple question usually sounds less scummy than a defensive attitude. Perhaps this is what Battle Mage is really getting at.
Aimee
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Aimee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:33 pm

Post by Aimee »

Back-up mod here. Saying hi.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:00 am

Post by pwayne66 »

So I am I to understand the cas against Cicero is this:

1) Only scum want to save their own skin
2) Cicero wants to save his own skin

therefore Cicero is scum.

Really?
Lots of people don't want to be lynched. Vanilla townies don't want to be lynched for several reasons: 1) they have to stop playing the game. 2)pride 3) it hurts the town.

Doctors and Cops don't like being lynched either.

Scum is a role assigned by the mod and in no way determines the level of comittment they have towards their own self destruction.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:09 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Just finished rereading the CLA bit from Shaka. As near as I can tell, nothing CLA does has any purpose. It seems that if everything is CLA's arsenal is random, why is his explaination of Cicero's innocence the exception?

I guess what I am saying is this: CLA doesn't appear to care what is going on in this game therefore I doubt he is concerned with helping his scum buddy.

I agree with you that we need a prod though.
daedalus
daedalus
Townie
daedalus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:09 am

Post by daedalus »

pwayne66 - That's pretty much the conclusion I've come to too. Cicero's only sin is now attempting to protect himself, but who could blame him?

Cheeky's M.O. is a little more troubling from my perspective.
Unvote
Vote: Cheeky-Little-Asian
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:29 am

Post by Gorgon »

Unvote: cheeky-little-asian
, as promised.

Not happy with putting an absent guy at L-1 at all, however deserving he may be of a vote.

You do realise this is what your vote accomplished, daedalus, right? Why did you find it necessary to do that?

FoS: daedalus

Btw, hi Aimee.
Can we get a votecount please, ms. mod
?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i like your post. It shows that you are paying attention and making decent contributions. Unfortunately, i feel you have misinterpreted me slightly. The case on Cicero is not only that he has shown concern only for his own survival, and not for the welfare of the town, but also the other points addressed in my post. His play has been irretreivably suspicious, and frankly, i think he deserves to be lynched for it. There are also several candidates for his scumbuddy. If Cicero is lynched as scum, we have alot of information to take into tomorrow. I'd be especially wary of Daedalus.

BM

pwayne66 wrote:So I am I to understand the cas against Cicero is this:

Really?
Lots of people don't want to be lynched. Vanilla townies don't want to be lynched for several reasons: 1) they have to stop playing the game. 2)pride 3) it hurts the town.

Scum is a role assigned by the mod and in no way determines the level of comittment they have towards their own self destruction.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 am

Post by cicero »

Wow. It's like my long response didn't even happen.

/eyeroll
Battle Mage wrote:i like your post. It shows that you are paying attention and making decent contributions. Unfortunately, i feel you have misinterpreted me slightly. The case on Cicero is not only that he has shown concern only for his own survival, and not for the welfare of the town, but also the other points addressed in my post. His play has been irretreivably suspicious, and frankly, i think he deserves to be lynched for it. There are also several candidates for his scumbuddy. If Cicero is lynched as scum, we have alot of information to take into tomorrow. I'd be especially wary of Daedalus.

BM

pwayne66 wrote:So I am I to understand the cas against Cicero is this:

Really?

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Dont worry, my comment about you being scummy was purely In-Character. I didnt mean it as an insult or whatever.
I can sort of understand why you might have made that post, in the knowledge that CLA was highly suspicious to you. The problem i have is that not being suspicious of people is a weakness of a mafia player. I do it as much as the next guy, but i do realise that it is a bad thing, and i try to keep it to a minimum. It's not necessarily the ACTIONS of a player that can help you find out their affiliation. It is their REASONS. You found CLA scummy, but i'd like to think that if you were not 100% sure on this, you would keep your eyes open and see what others did with relation to him. Your comment suggested that as long as people went along with lynching CLA, you werent going to criticise them. This is of course, bad play, because, had CLA been lynched as town, you would have very little information on where to turn next. It is better to make sure you agree with the reasons that people use for making a vote, otherwise you should make a note of it.

I dont speak fluent latin, nor do i find it especially appropriate here. As i dont know wtf it means, i obviously cannot respond to it, nor can i even consider it a response to my original points.

with regard to the 'wierdo non-logic' bit, its not the words as such that i find scummy, but the overall meaning. The whole sentence had the putred stench of blatant distancing.

From a general PoV i agree with you that certainty of someone being scum without strong evidence is bad. On the other hand, there is a concept known as 'reasonable doubt'. I often use this concept to decide whether i am happy for someone to be lynched or not. Often i might only be 75% sure of someone being scum, but if there is information to be gleaned from their lynch, and they are my top suspect, it is definitely work letting them hang imo. I'm not sure how much experience you have of playing mafia on this site, but generally, it is better to be over-aggressive, than defensive. Whether you like it or not, i've gained a reaction from you, which is the most i could hope for. Had i claimed that i had little/no confidence in my vote, i expect you would have simply ignored me. As it goes, i am confident that i have plenty enough reason to suspect you. I've lynched people for significantly less before. I dont believe i have claimed to be totally set on you as scum, but if you were spontaneously Day-Vigged, i wouldnt complain.

Your last paragraph here does you no favours. again with the WIFOM defence of 'this is what townies normally do'. In case you hadnt noticed, scum tend not to make themselves obvious by acting deliberately scummy.

In conclusion, your comments can at BEST, be attributed to lack of experience with the game of Mafia, or a general lapse in concentration. At worst, it is a blatant exhibition of how inexperienced scum can slip up.

which is it?

BM
cicero wrote: First, despite you telling my I reek of scum, thanks for subbing in to the game.

Second, I appreciate your point, but in my view it only makes sense if the player in question is not suspicious. CLA was already being "suspicious". I put suspicious in quotes because it is early in the game and I think the idea of being sure of anyone being scum at this point is impetuous and presumptuous. There isn't enough evidence to hoist anyone yet. But at that point CLA was the one that people were focussing on due to his evasiveness and non-responsiveness. I didn't and still don't have a problem with people suspecting him and don't believe that such a thing is remotely defensive or suspicious.

The only characters in the game who are going to cherish their own life over anyone elses, are the scum. You basically fuelled the suspicion on CheekyLittleAngel, whilst at the same time, trying to look like you werent totally for such a vote.
Sorry but I need to re-iteratete that your argument is based on a
ceterus paribus
assumption that doesn't work here because the ceterus aint paribus. Put in english - all other things aren't being equal. CLA was worthy of suspicion.
I'm not even going to go into the possible psychology behind your description of CLA's play as 'wierdo, non-logic'.
I think you should, actually. People seemed quite comfortable with the fact that CLA was using weird logic... including CLA when he wrote in his own defense in post 47:
Cheeky Little Asian wrote: i know that sounds random and weird but than again i got random and weird logic

It wasn't me who said it. It was him. I should also note that in voting for CLA I specifically did not say "I think CLA is scum". Because I don't know whether he is scum or not and my suspicion of him is mild at best. I simply voted for him to put some pressure on him in response to his history of not asking questions and of using "weird logic". Like I said earlier, I think being sure of who anyone is at this point is impetuous and presumptuous. I think you in particular need to cool it a bit. If you want to suspect me, go ahead. But you don't have remotely enough information to do so at this point, and being so cocksure is downright unhealthy for the town.

Finally, I'd like to point out that I asked you what you thought a more appropriate "townie" response would be. You didn't answer that. Shall I assume that it would have been more townie just to leave off the clause where I stated that I had no problem with people being suspicious of CLA? (I still don't, by the way. ) I think my answer was a perfectly reasonable one. I was getting sucked into suspicion because of his odd choices. I imagine lots and lots of players would have done pretty much the same thing and it wouldn't be because they were "scum".
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:54 am

Post by pwayne66 »

Is this guy for real?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Battle Mage »

pwayne66 wrote:Is this guy for real?
which guy?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:16 am

Post by pwayne66 »

You.
You said: "Not that I have any problem with you suspecting cheeky little asian, but why exactly does his weirdo non-logic implicate me?"

If you learn 1 thing from this game, it is that no decent townie would say "not that i have a problem with you suspecting player x". An accurate definition of what you are hinting here is:
"I'm happy that you are voting for someone other than myself, but i'd rather you didn't implicate me atall."
Cicero doesn't have a problem with anybody voting for CLA. Defending CLA should not be a prerequisite for towniness. If it were you would be scummy too.
A decent townie WOULD have a problem with suspicion on Player x,
if
said decent townie didn't think the reason was good enough.
The bold was added by me. It is the operative word here.
You claimed not to have a problem with a player suspecting CheekyLittleAngel. On one side of the coin, this
could
easily be seen as an attempt to be non-commital. Going further, your post also
hints
at defensiveness. The only characters in the game who are going to cherish their own life over anyone elses, are the scum. You basically fuelled the suspicion on CheekyLittleAngel,
whilst at the same time, trying to look like you werent totally for such a vote.
Again, bolds by me. Yes it could mean that. It could mean that he suspects CLA also...
The last bold is to ask a question: Where does cicero try to make it look like he not for a CLA vote?
Suffice to say, your whole post reeked of scum, and i'm happy to see you bite the dust today
And it's not scummy to hope somebody gets lynched on 1/2arsed logic?
Your comment suggested that as long as people went along with lynching CLA, you werent going to criticise them.
Yeah, if you dig and prode and try hard enough. More directly it suggests that he, too is suspicous of CLA, and again, I am still waiting for your defense of CLA in order to prove that you are not scum.
with regard to the 'wierdo non-logic' bit, its not the words as such that i find scummy, but the overall meaning. The whole sentence had the putred stench of blatant distancing.
CLA said his logic was weird. Saying somebody has weird logic doesn't mean they are distancing themselves... I think you have weird logic, but I think we both know that we are not scumbuddies.
In conclusion, your comments can at BEST, be attributed to lack of experience with the game of Mafia, or a general lapse in concentration. At worst, it is a blatant exhibition of how inexperienced scum can slip up.

which is it?
This is over the top pretenious tripe and a false dilema. To put a player in a position to either admit that your play is more solid and their's stinks or they are scum is pathetic.

I think your attacks on Cicero are inconsitant, distracting, weak and patronizing. Only scum would want to lynch somebody on such weak evidence.

Vote: Battle Mage
ChocolateAttack
ChocolateAttack
Goon
ChocolateAttack
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:04 am

Post by ChocolateAttack »

Gorgon wrote:
pwayne66 wrote:Regarding the orlowski wagon. Sure, Orlowski's actions were odd as hell and do deserve scrutiny. If it wasn't a mistake, then what are you claiming it was? A scum attempt at a quicklynch? I doubt it. I am satisfied with his explanation. If you aren't why not ask him some pointed questions about it and build a case. Saying that you are sticking with a vote does not make that vote more legitimate.
Lol! thanks Gorgon for pointing this out for me, im totally forgot about it. Anyway, i don't think Orslowki could make such mistake since his vote was the fifth and that made AlyG -2. He said that he wanted a little controversy but to me, it more like he created attention for AlyG.

PS: Orlowski been away for awhile. I was waiting for him to make more posts.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:24 am

Post by Battle Mage »

1. I dont understand what you are saying here. You seem to be in complete agreement with the majority of what i have said, yet you seem to have come to a completely insane conclusion.

2. the obvious inference from that point would be that Cicero is trying to distance himself from a wagon on a townie.

3. half-arsed logic? are you serious? i'm still waiting for an explanation of why you disagree with me. This post, whilst long, is 90% fluff.

4. I never claimed that my play was 'solid' as you put it. Rather i admitted that i make the same mistakes Cicero has. The difference is, i am able to be honest about them, and i actually try not to do them. Cicero on the other hand, has evidently not done this.

Your vote makes equally little sense. Still, its all information. Should Cicero die and come up scum, you would be a key candidate for scumbuddy. What does surprise me is the aggression accompanying your post. It would make sense if you had brought something new to the table. As you haven't, it looks very wierd.
OMGUS on behalf of your buddy?

BM
pwayne66 wrote:You.
You said: "Not that I have any problem with you suspecting cheeky little asian, but why exactly does his weirdo non-logic implicate me?"

If you learn 1 thing from this game, it is that no decent townie would say "not that i have a problem with you suspecting player x". An accurate definition of what you are hinting here is:
"I'm happy that you are voting for someone other than myself, but i'd rather you didn't implicate me atall."
Cicero doesn't have a problem with anybody voting for CLA. Defending CLA should not be a prerequisite for towniness. If it were you would be scummy too.
A decent townie WOULD have a problem with suspicion on Player x,
if
said decent townie didn't think the reason was good enough.
The bold was added by me. It is the operative word here.
You claimed not to have a problem with a player suspecting CheekyLittleAngel. On one side of the coin, this
could
easily be seen as an attempt to be non-commital. Going further, your post also
hints
at defensiveness. The only characters in the game who are going to cherish their own life over anyone elses, are the scum. You basically fuelled the suspicion on CheekyLittleAngel,
whilst at the same time, trying to look like you werent totally for such a vote.
Again, bolds by me. Yes it could mean that. It could mean that he suspects CLA also...
The last bold is to ask a question: Where does cicero try to make it look like he not for a CLA vote?
Suffice to say, your whole post reeked of scum, and i'm happy to see you bite the dust today
And it's not scummy to hope somebody gets lynched on 1/2arsed logic?
Your comment suggested that as long as people went along with lynching CLA, you werent going to criticise them.
Yeah, if you dig and prode and try hard enough. More directly it suggests that he, too is suspicous of CLA, and again, I am still waiting for your defense of CLA in order to prove that you are not scum.
CLA said his logic was weird. Saying somebody has weird logic doesn't mean they are distancing themselves... I think you have weird logic, but I think we both know that we are not scumbuddies.

which is it?
This is over the top pretenious tripe and a false dilema. To put a player in a position to either admit that your play is more solid and their's stinks or they are scum is pathetic.

I think your attacks on Cicero are inconsitant, distracting, weak and patronizing. Only scum would want to lynch somebody on such weak evidence.

Vote: Battle Mage
Show

Nightkilled - 10

shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 am

Post by shaka!! »

I think Battle Mage reached from all sides of the globe to come up with that argument.

The only thing I can find in it agreeable is that CLA did reek of attempted nooby distancing, but again I am not willing to consider that until we see more of CLA so we can decipher whether he is nooby or not.
shaka!!
shaka!!
Goon
shaka!!
Goon
Goon
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:27 am

Post by shaka!! »

And to clarify that, what I'm saying is there is no possible way I'd even consider lynching Cicero over that because there is no way he can defend himself, so that means we have to go after CLA himself, who seems to be inactive. And if he gets replaced then we can't really blame his replacement for CLAs weirdo non-logic vote.

Mod, did you prod Cheeky Little Asian?
Yeah, in Post 100
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

its concerning that so many people seem to consider lynching CLA in order to find out whether Cicero is scum, to be a valid policy. :o
Show

Nightkilled - 10

pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:40 am

Post by pwayne66 »

2. the obvious inference from that point would be that Cicero is trying to distance himself from a wagon on a townie.
..by being on that same wagon? How is that distancing himself?

I asked once and did not receive an answer, so I ask again "Where does cicero try to make it look like he is not for a CLA vote?"

OMGUS post for my buddy... or maybe its...
A decent townie WOULD have a problem with suspicion on Player x, if said decent townie didn't think the reason was good enough.
But take it anyway way you like.
pwayne66
pwayne66
Goon
pwayne66
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:49 am

Post by pwayne66 »

I guess if there is an area I have been confusing, It is here: I don't know what distancing you are talking about. It seems that all three of the following have been argued.

1) CLA distancing himself from Cicero- Which I have addressed.
2) Cicero distancing himself from CLA- Which I cannot find.

and now it seems that you are saying:

3) Cicero distancing himself from the CLA vote: which I cannot find either.

I have a feeling that most of this would be cleared up if I knew which of the three we are talking about.
cicero
cicero
Oratoreador
cicero
Oratoreador
Oratoreador

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:32 pm

Post by cicero »

Battle Mage wrote:its concerning that so many people seem to consider lynching CLA in order to find out whether Cicero is scum, to be a valid policy. :o
Part of me has wanted to ignore this Battle Mage discussion because I think his case against me is, well, silly, and responding to it more will just give it "legs" as they say

It's concerning to me that you are trying so hard to make sure that votes are deflected from CLA to someone else. In this case me. Unless I misread, your case against me is predicated on CLA being my scumbuddy. At this point I'm beginning to wonder if he is yours (and if he is, sorry dude. Bad luck there. Scummy sounding AND absentee. Lovely.)

Another question - you said if I was lynched it would give a lot of information and you put a subtle finger of suspicion at daedelus then later suggested Pwayne as a scumbuddy. What is your case for each?
theopor_COD
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
theopor_COD
PhD'oh!
PhD'oh!

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Post by theopor_COD »

Nuke BM

I really want to hear from our absent friend CLA.

Until a response comes, I'm not getting involved in this tit for tat.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:55 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Okay, so CLA has been prodded, but we have more absentees:

AlyG
orlowski
somestrangeflea

Also, AlyG and somestrangeflea have both been active in other games since they've posted here. In the case of AlyG, this is particularily suspicious, since he was under some scrutiny as a recall. And yeah, I know this poking around will probably bug you, SSF, but I would like to hear from you regarding recent developments, if only it's something like Theo said; that you're waiting on CLA or someone else before commenting futher.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:32 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Gorgon wrote:Okay, so CLA has been prodded, but we have more absentees:

AlyG
orlowski
somestrangeflea

Also, AlyG and somestrangeflea have both been active in other games since they've posted here. In the case of AlyG, this is particularily suspicious, since he was under some scrutiny as a recall. And yeah, I know this poking around will probably bug you, SSF, but I would like to hear from you regarding recent developments, if only it's something like Theo said; that you're waiting on CLA or someone else before commenting futher.
I am waiting on CLA before commenting further... ;)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

theopor_COD wrote:
Nuke BM

I really want to hear from our absent friend CLA.

Until a response comes, I'm not getting involved in this tit for tat.
this better me a joke. If that is an actual DayVig i'm gonna be so unbelievably peed off. Assuming i'm still alive, i'll be back to respond to more of this crap later. No, i dont think me trying to explain things is actually helping teach anyone anything, but at least i can say i did my best with this game. I cant save the town alone.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”