Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2004 8:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

Night 1: thorred
Night 2: Samadhi
Night 3: Jaguar
Is this right?

And what do you mean "it looks like Yaw's last target was me". Did you get a Night 3 result or not?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 4:59 am

Post by Jaguar »

Yes, I was told thorred and Samadhi were cool and that Jaguar was the coolest. I assume that means that I was his night 3 target and not anything thrown in there by our mod to boost my ego.
I need a new tagline...
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie
Location: What is A place where something is or could be located, Alex

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 7:24 am

Post by Samadhi »

Jaguar wrote:
Samadhi wrote:Or maybe the geek was already voting for Mel?
That is of course possible and would make either BadAndie or Talitha suspect.
*cough*
Jaguar wrote:I will go back to
vote: Melchizedek
Also, why would Yaw vote for Thorred on day 1 if he found Thorred to be cool? Sure, it's just random but I find it hard to believe he'd vote for whomever he investigated.
Talitha wrote:(Although I'm interested about what Samadhi thinks of Melchizedek's claim)
That's an interesting thing to say. I'm actually a bit dubious of it. Not as dubious of the alledged sidekick though.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:16 am

Post by Jaguar »

Going back to my PM, I just noticed that I have both thorred and Samadhi listed as night 1 investigations. Checking into that and will let you know who got investigated when as soon as I know.

And I can't speak for Yaw's actions. I don't know why he random voted thorred on day 1. I just know that he investigated thorred and

I have four possibles to be scum:
Talitha - very good player and could have us all fooled in thinking that she is indeed clueless. She did vote for randomly for Vraak day 1, a common mafia ploy. She also voted for Argoti though and didn't unvote even though she had a chance.

BadAndie - in going through all of her posts, I can't see her being scum. She put up evidence against Vraak and also had good arguments against Argoti when he tried to get people not to vote for him.

Melchizedek - Has voted for both Vraak and Argoti. Second one to vote for Vraak, but he also never posted after he voted for Vraak and it is possible he didn't think Vraak would get lynched or didn't have the time to unvote. Melch could easily have put the lynching vote on Argoti, reasoning that nobody would think he was scum, after all, he was the lynching vote. A classic mafia trick when it looks like your fellow player is going to get killed anyways. I had indicated that I would put on the lynching vote as had someone else, so to all appearances, unless Argoti came up with something better, he was going to be toast.

Uraj - A very convenient claim of vigilante that nobody has denied. So far we've only had one kill each night, so I doubt that he is a SK in disguise. In addition, when I asked him about the death scene description, he thought it wouldn't be different from a regular geek scene in that the person would not be beat up, but rather would be outed as a geek. That seems to me a little strange to say the least.

Samadhi, if you weren't on my cleared list I would likely now vote for you. You are not willing to believe that there is indeed a back-up cop, but instead are doggedly pursuing me. Yes, I suppose I could be a geek with a false role claim, but I am not. Either way, why lynch a claimed cop/back-up cop. We don't know if there is a back-up doc, so chances are that I am going to turn up dead tomorrow anyways because scum would not want me poking my nose where it doesn't belong getting gossip and details on them. Why lynch me when we have a 25% (in my eyes 33% chance because I think BadAndie is town) of lynching the remaining scum.
I need a new tagline...
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:06 am

Post by Talitha »

Samadhi wrote:That's an interesting thing to say. I'm actually a bit dubious of it. Not as dubious of the alledged sidekick though
And I'm interested as to why you still don't want to consider Melchizedek might be scum! I remembered you saying that you weren't voting for Melchizedek because he obviously had a role that wasn't duplicated and you didn't think that scum would act that way. Then he claims 'cheerleader', obviously he has the same kind of role as PBuG.

I'm going to go back later today when I have some time and check through the posts - If I'm remembering correctly, then it's a pretty strong case against Mel. (Who I think still has not posted since being on 3 votes!?!)
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:07 am

Post by Talitha »

Sorry - he did post... and claimed. duh.
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:43 am

Post by Samadhi »

Jaguar wrote:Samadhi, if you weren't on my cleared list I would likely now vote for you. You are not willing to believe that there is indeed a back-up cop, but instead are doggedly pursuing me. Yes, I suppose I could be a geek with a false role claim, but I am not.
It is a common ploy for scum to claim cop and then make up results. Why is disbelieving you scummy behaviour? Oh, right. Because you say so. I will unvote you however because I don't believe I can convince everyone to vote for you.
Mark my words though people, if there are two mafia left and Jaguar is one of them, we lose.
Unvote: Jaguar

Talitha:
Sorry, I thought you were hinting at something else. My bad. It's entirely possible that Mel is telling the truth. It's also possible that he's lying. You see, the reason I wasn't suspicious of Uraj is because I was already aware* that there was a head cheerleader (with powers) and a regular cheerleader (without); symmetry between the jocks and cheerleaders seems plausible enough. But TWO extra cheerleaders? I don't know.

*Why is left as an exercise for the reader
thorred
thorred
Goon
thorred
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:56 am

Post by thorred »

A lot of roleclaims. I tried to come up with some action we could take.
unvote jaguar

We vote either Melch or Badandie.
If Jaguar investigates Uraj tonight, and survives the night, we look at her results. If Uraj is not town, we can lynch him tomorrow.
If she dies we know the truth. If there is another doc, doc protects Jaguar.
I don't know if this is going to work. Seems to be lots of holes in it, can anyone help?
And we have to fit Tal in there somehow.

How possible is it that there are two mafia left?

'night.
BadAndie
BadAndie
Goon
BadAndie
Goon
Goon
Location: Born and Raised in New York now go to school in Maine

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:45 am

Post by BadAndie »

Ok so we are down to 4 possible scum:

1. Meclh
2. Uraj
3. Talitha
4. BadAndie (me!)

well i say we lynch someone off, and the cop investigate one of the 3. possible back up doc, backs up the back up cop. Lynch me, then look into one of the other 2 the next night, the doc protects the cop. cop puts up results, and we win!
"I'm not anti-social. I am just picky of who I am social with." - Me
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

I've looked through the posts and realised it was
BadAndie
who said that she didn't think there would be duplicates of role types in the game. Melchizedek said he was "willing to believe there are multiple jocks". Samadhi attributed BadAndie's words to Melchizedek, which is why I was confused.
That clears up my misunderstanding there... but I still think Melchizedek could be scum.

If Jaguar is telling the truth and if there is a backup doc then we're in a great position. I think I do believe her... but it's a little risky. I don't want to rush a lynch today, until we've properly thought through the best way to do this.

I really don't think there could be 2 scum left. I've only ever seen one mini game with 4 scum all on the same side, and in that game the mafia were really weakened. (One had a voting restriction, and another had to commit suicide when the cop died). So I'm working from the assumption that there is only one left.
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 4:36 am

Post by Samadhi »

A backup cop who gets the results of the dead cop is pretty strong for the town, IMO. So, if she's telling the truth then we probably have 2 left. If we also have a backup doc, I'd say it's near certain that we have 2 left.

BTW I see a very dangerous path if she is scum (even solo).
Today, ostracize melch
Tonight I am found to be uncool (killed by geeks). Jaguar 'investigates' Talitha, gets cool
Tomorrow ostracize badandie
Tomorrow night Thorred is cast out as uncool, Jaguar 'investigates' Uraj, gets uncool.
Talitha and Jaguar ostracize Uraj.
Scum Jaguar wins.

Jaguar would explain away her survival due to the back up doc (the geeks won't target her until the backup doc is dead). If there doesn't happen to be a back up doc, that's ok. How were the geeks to know?

Holes anyone? How should we prevent against this?
BadAndie
BadAndie
Goon
BadAndie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:33 am

Post by BadAndie »

i am down for it! in
BadAndie
BadAndie
Goon
BadAndie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:37 am

Post by BadAndie »

sorry i hit the submit key while trying to move the mouse (i have a laptop)

it should say

I am down for it! in the hopes that everyone who we think is scum really is scum
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:19 am

Post by Uraj45 »

Ok. I'm going to
vote melchizdek
because I think we've gotten all we can out of this day and melchizdek is my strongest suspicion.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:56 am

Post by Jaguar »

Well, if you don't want to believe me, Samadhi, that is up to you, but I am telling the truth.

[quote=Samadhi"]You see, the reason I wasn't suspicious of Uraj is because I was already aware* that there was a head cheerleader (with powers) and a regular cheerleader (without); symmetry between the jocks and cheerleaders seems plausible enough. But TWO extra cheerleaders? I don't know.[/quote]

How did you know that there was another cheerleader? Are you saying you are a cheerleader as well and are disputing Melch's claim? So why wouldn't you vote for Melch if that is indeed what you are claiming?

I still think that Uraj's claim is very convenient and is not to be trusted. Personally, I think that BadAndie is cleared by her actions, even though she has not been investigated.

Can we get a vote count? I am a little lost here as to where everything stands with the votes.
I need a new tagline...
Uraj45
Uraj45
Goon
Uraj45
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:24 pm

Post by Uraj45 »

Well if you don't want to believe me, Jaguar, that is up to you, but I am telling the truth.

The situation of my claim is hardly any different than the situation of yours. I've given you all I can.
Tacitus velut nox. Vigilans velut umbra.
BadAndie
BadAndie
Goon
BadAndie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:11 am

Post by BadAndie »

so are we going to go with the plan or not?
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:31 am

Post by Jaguar »

Samadhi wrote:BTW I see a very dangerous path if she is scum (even solo).
Today, ostracize melch
Tonight I am found to be uncool (killed by geeks). Jaguar 'investigates' Talitha, gets cool
Tomorrow ostracize badandie
Tomorrow night Thorred is cast out as uncool, Jaguar 'investigates' Uraj, gets uncool.
Talitha and Jaguar ostracize Uraj.
Scum Jaguar wins.
I only see one problem with that. Tonight I will be found to be uncool and you guys are on your own. But at least you'll have an idea of who the scum will be I suppose.

And Uraj, I totally understand how you feel. I am really starting to think that perhaps Talitha is the remaining scum if it isn't Melch.

Now here is a twist if Talitha is scum:
Today we lynch Melch, we find out he is not a geek.
Tonight Talitha has to decide between me and Uraj.
Uraj targets Talitha as do I.
One of us will make it to tomorrow and we'll find out if Talitha is still alive or not. If she's alive, at least we'll know if she is scum and if she is dead, either the game is over or Talitha was not a geek and we'll have to look at Uraj or BadAndie.
We'd still have 4 people left alive - BadAndie, thorred, Samadhi and either Uraj or myself.

vote: Talitha
I need a new tagline...
Jaguar
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
Jaguar
The real dogmatix
The real dogmatix

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 7:32 am

Post by Jaguar »

doh. I hate not having preview.

I meant
vote Melchizedek
, so
unvote: Talitha
I need a new tagline...
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 8:01 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Vote count:

melchizedek 3 (BadAndie, Uraj45, Jaguar)

[EDIT]
4 to lynch
[/EDIT]
Last edited by vIQleS on Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

vIQles wrote:5 to lynch
There's 7 of us alive so 4 votes will lynch Melchizedek. Please could we hold off lynching him and have a bit more discussion first.
Jaguar wrote:Uraj targets Talitha as do I.
One of us will make it to tomorrow and we'll find out if Talitha is still alive or not. If she's alive, at least we'll know if she is scum and if she is dead, either the game is over or Talitha was not a geek and we'll have to look at Uraj or BadAndie.
Is this your plan for if the game doesn't end today? I think we can improve upon this but I'm still thinking about it. If you both target me and I get 'beaten uncool' then Uraj will be somewhat confirmed, but the investigation result will be useless. The hardest part is that we can't trust Jag's information until she dies.
Samadhi wrote:If we also have a backup doc, I'd say it's near certain that we have 2 left.
I think it's more likely that we would have a strengthened mafia. They might have a one-time ability to make a vig-look-alike kill (like in Mini 73). Or there might be a godfather role that looks cool to investigation. Which would mean that Jag's results are useless anyway :?

I'm beginning to change my mind about a full roleclaim. Unless Jag & Uraj are both scum (which I doubt...) then there's already important roles exposed. And if we knew more about what roles we have it might help us to deduce more about the scum still alive. -shrug- Or maybe we should just lynch Melch and do roleclaims tomorrow. If night falls then Jag & Uraj should use their abilities (preferably on different people). What do others think?
BadAndie
BadAndie
Goon
BadAndie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:03 am

Post by BadAndie »

For some reason i don't trust jag., its a gut thing

nor do i trust Talitha

its a gut thing
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 12:29 pm

Post by Talitha »

Well I don't trust anyone :) Maybe it's my gut, or maybe it's because we are playing a game of mafia.
Samadhi
Samadhi
Townie
Samadhi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:46 pm

Post by Samadhi »

Yes, Jaguar. I'm a cheerleader. I thought that was obvious so I left it as an exercise as I stated.
vIQleS
vIQleS
Goon
vIQleS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Apr 11, 2004 6:43 pm

Post by vIQleS »

Sorry aboot that, I accidentally opened an old copy of the spreadsheet vote count generator....

It will take
four
votes to lynch.
Show
[size=75]
[b]Edith:[/b] You could respect my faith, that's all I'm asking...

[b]Cassanova:[/b] I'd rather challange it to the bone!

[color=red](Click [url=http://viqles.myminicity.com/]here[/url] to save the dying orphans...)[/color]
[/size]

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”