Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4225 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:56 am

Post by Banana Frog »

I'm bored too
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4226 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Banana Frog »

sonic, you shouldn't have 1v1ed your mason partner if you didn't want to be bored <3

--P

pedit: hi frogger
Hydra of Fro99er (proper capitaliZation, US spelling, conciser, sometimes doesn't sign name) and Plotinus (intermittent use of capitaliSation, UK spelling, verboser, always signs name)
We will supply pictures of frogs and or banana slugs for anyone who is feeling sad <3
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4227 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:57 am

Post by Banana Frog »

I have a whole lot of time to do nothing
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4228 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 am

Post by Banana Frog »

:( *hugs frogger*

well when Titus wakes up maybe she'll add us to the dead thread and then we'll have something to do.

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4229 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 am

Post by Banana Frog »

Newark is a shithole
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4230 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 am

Post by Banana Frog »

<3

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4231 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:06 am

Post by Banana Frog »

VOTE: BBMolla

For information
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4232 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:09 am

Post by Banana Frog »

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4233 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:11 am

Post by Banana Frog »

frogger you are so great, you made this game fun for me when nothing in the world was fun for me, when i wanted to site flake because mafia was messing with my head and i didn't remember how to enjoy anything anymore you showed me how to enjoy stuff again.

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4234 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:17 am

Post by Banana Frog »

ILU Plotty. <3

This was one of my all time favorite games even though we lost. The odds were stacked against us and we did great.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4235 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:24 am

Post by Banana Frog »

ilu2 froggy frog <3<3<3

I really enjoyed it too, even though it was frustratingly challenging at times. I think we worked well together as a team and I think I learned a lot from playing. This is one of my favourite hydrae.

--P
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4236 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:26 am

Post by Shiro »

Plot you are to my understanding considered a player prodigy.

You are going for rising star scummy with no competition

Why would you consider site flaking?

Genuinely curious
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4237 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Hi.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4238 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:44 am

Post by Banana Frog »

In post 3975, Titus wrote:
Denied. Salamence has elected not to sub in.
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4239 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Banana Frog »

@Shiro: I was going through some difficult things in my personal life and I reached a point where I was beating myself up for every mistake I made in a game. I misread a player's crumbs and I got unreasonably upset with myself about it. I did preflip associations between 3 vanilla townies on day 1 in a recently completed game where I was a mason and I spent the next few day phases in a "i'm terrible at everything" loop. I was being really hard on myself for even the smallest mistakes, and I needed a break from mafia as a result but I've never replaced out of a game before so I just didn't sign up for anything new for a long time. This is the last of the games that started before my break.

Also, I spent most of August barely able to string two thoughts together coherently because of my offline food situation which is only just now starting to get better and everyone was speculating across all my games that I must be scum because I wasn't able to display the depth of thought that I'd displayed in previous games and it was frustrating because I didn't want to drag my personal stuff into the game thread and I didn't want people to townread me out of pity but I also needed a little extra space than people were giving me, people were burden of proficiencying me all over the place (including in this game) at a time when I was not able to be proficient and I was beating myself up for any mistakes I made.

This game wasn't as bad as my others were (all those are completed now), but aspects of this one that were making things harder for me were that there was a lot of yelling about how everyone who was wrong about anything at all ever must be scum, there was this narrative that anyone who was wrong about any of their reads was just scum reluctant to bus instead of someone seeing something differently or needing a little more time to see something that somebody else could see, and I know I took part in that with prolapsed brain and I feel bad for contributing to the toxicity.

And I thought I was the only one who was wrong about stuff. In my town games I felt like I was letting the town team down by being wrong about my reads, and that didn't get better until I modded my first game and realised that every single one of my players was wrong about stuff on day 1 and it didn't matter, it didn't make any of them stupid, town won anway. And then I figured out that this game would have ended on page 5 if it were literally the case that I'm the only one who is wrong about everything all the time. That's how the game works, people are wrong about stuff but there's time for course corrections, there's space for town to get their shit together and self correct and pull through.

I was just in a bad place personally so I couldn't see it.

I'm better now. A lot better. I'm feeling more relaxed and I'm happier and I've spent the last month or so being in a pretty good mood. I wouldn't be talking about it if it weren't behind me and if I weren't already lynched.

pedit: hey sala. <3

--P
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4240 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:54 am

Post by Firebringer »

In my experience with mafia, you can't take the games too seriously.
The game is supposed to be fun.

If you are not having fun you should stop and reevaluating why you are playing. Because if it is not fun then honestly you shouldn't be playing.

Winning is fun, but you can still have fun without it.
Problem with I noticed most players who are considered pro tier is they don't even know how to have fun in the game.

Its really sad.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4241 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:57 am

Post by Firebringer »

I hit myself all the time for all my mistakes, but I don't let it keep me down forever.
It just makes me able to reflect on those mistakes on games in future. It helps me learn what I missed. How I was fooled, what were my tells, etc.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4242 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:00 am

Post by Banana Frog »

I think it was the personal stuff that was making it hard to have fun. I didn't really remember how to have fun at all. But frogger said to me "plot it's a GAME. let's just spam frog pictures and it doesn't matter if we win or lose" and he helped remind me how to not take everything all super serious.

I mostly play for language practice and communication skills practice and for learning how to read people because those are things i need to work on.

but spamming frog pictures was fun and strongarming lynches was fun (until we were limited to the pool we were in, because it meant we couldn't get rid of group scum and that sucked) and this became the only game I was enjoying because I just say whatever I don't care here's a frog pic.

I'm not a sore loser, but I feel bad if I let people down who are counting on me. I guess that was one benefit of being third party, the only person I had to not let down was frogger. and him giving me permission to fail made it easier to do well.

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4243 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:02 am

Post by Banana Frog »

--P
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4244 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:04 am

Post by Fro99er »

Meh, we didn't fail. We made mistakes on who to douse and who to lynch, but I'd hardly say fail. We never should have lynched Flubber and pushed an Oversoul lynch harder regardless of oversoul's alignment because then the pool would have been four (us, metal, ika, Flubber) instead of three. We also shouldn't have doused farside as farside was the obvious NK that night.

It's a really good learning experience for being third party next time.

That means success. Plus we had fun! And FROGS
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4245 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:05 am

Post by Banana Frog »

The only fail is posting fail

In post 4244, Fro99er wrote:Meh, we didn't fail. We made mistakes on who to douse and who to lynch, but I'd hardly say fail. We never should have lynched Flubber and pushed an Oversoul lynch harder regardless of oversoul's alignment because then the pool would have been four (us, metal, ika, Flubber) instead of three. We also shouldn't have doused farside as farside was the obvious NK that night.

It's a really good learning experience for being third party next time.

That means success. Plus we had fun! And FROGS
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4246 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Banana Frog »

Leapfrog!
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4247 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Banana Frog »

That's true. We made mistakes but we did the best we could at the time. And yeah you're right that those changes would have put us in a much better situation.

and we learned a lot, that's true!

FROGS

<3

--P
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4248 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Banana Frog »

OH MY GOD MY FAVORITE SONG IS PLAYING AT THE AIRPORT
Banana Frog
Banana Frog
Goon
Banana Frog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4249 (ISO) » Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:07 am

Post by Banana Frog »

What song is it?

--P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”