MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 4:52 am

Post by MeMe »

Macros replaces PBuG who just replaced mikehart effective immediately. (PBuG's parents didn't think it was as smashing an idea for him to be in yet another game as
he
did...)

Carry on.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:46 am

Post by Macros »

ok, im not going tor ead the thread RIGHT now, i'll make start, first few pages, i have farmery type stuff to do, should be able to give it a full read over tomorrow
Oh the huge manatee!!
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 8:39 am

Post by Sugar »

mole wrote:I am inclined to agree with Talitha and say that there is a way for the rodents to make a hidden recruit - and that's what happened Night 5.
Actually, my ROUS activity notes are different than mole's. There are 2 nights where I'm showing no attacks by them, and those are N3 and N7:

N1 - probably attacked Fishbulb1
N2 - Fishbulb died of festering wound, probably attacked JereIC
N3 - JereIC died of festering wound
N4 - attacked Someone
N5 - attacked Talitha
N6 - probably attacked mathcam
N7 - mathcam died of festering wound
N8 - attacked mathcam2

If there are hidden recruitments going on, I suppose these would be the nights. I have not been recruited. I doubt mole has been recruited, or he wouldn't even bring up this possibility. I'm more inclined to believe that they have a limited amount of attacks/recruits, and much of it is up to chance.
[color=#500000] [size=75]Man! Today is so loopy! - The Tick[/size][/color]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:52 am

Post by mathcam »

Maybe we should make sure to test Fishbulb's ability each night. If being recruited as a rat means you lose your power, this is an immediate way of testing Fishbulb every day.

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:00 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I agree with that. But seeing as I have the power, I will refrain from voting until the last two, and everyone confirms. It would be too easy to add my 2 votes and someone miss it during vote counts.
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Fri Oct 17, 2003 10:13 am

Post by mathcam »

Agreed.

Cam
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Oct 18, 2003 5:23 am

Post by Macros »

my thoughts -
in a 19 player gaem, we're looking at two mafia grops, from my readng of the last half of the thread (moslty ROUS recrut theory) and the dead list:
2 groups of 3 mafia.
the two vgiilantes, possibly with some restrictions.
this leaves :
1 ROUS
this makes t 2/3 tpwnes, awfully reasonable, imo.

we have 1 ROUS, i doubt the rcruiting ability theory, it would make them simply too powerful, if they did indeed have the uber townie code. possibly recruit when reduced to one rous, or someithng.
my suspion falls on talitha or sugar for the minute
Oh the huge manatee!!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:52 am

Post by MeMe »

Are you guys just
itching
for a deadline? Thought so.

Deadline imposed:
6 PM EST Wednesday, October 22
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:26 am

Post by massive »

Macros: Why do you think the recruit ability would be too powerful? Remember that the recruit theory only really applies if there was only one ROUS to start with. In that event, it's no worse than a cult who can kill, which is completely believable for a game of this size.

-- doctor massik
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:46 pm

Post by Talitha »

OK In light of the deadline, and lack of better ideas I will
vote: Sugar

There's a small chance she's been a rat all along and a bigger chance (IMO) that she's been recruited at some point.

Tomorrow I think we should lynch mathcam or myself to finally put to bed the limp=recruit theory. I doubt there'll be another limper tomorrow if massive isn't protecting anyone, but if there is, then yeah lynch them instead.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 2:57 pm

Post by Sugar »

In light of the deadline? Do you two (Norinel and Talitha) honestly believe that I've been an ROUS all along? Norinel brought up the possibility, theorizing that Dourgrim, Someone and I were all given the ROUS role from the start (along with the townie pm info). But instead of using it to blend in, I used it to challenge each townie that claimed, eventually satisfying most of the town that Someone, mole and mikehart/Macros were truly townies. You'd also have to believe that I also first posed the recruitment theory (bottom of game page 26), using it to cast suspicion on Someone, who was lynched that day. This makes no sense.

The other (and more likely, according to Talitha) reason I'm being voted, is that I could have been recruited at some point. Is it really likely that it'd be me, over Talitha or mathcam2, both of whom were bitten but didn't die (just like Someone)? And if it's only somehow "plain townies" like me and Someone who can be recruited, why would my recruitment be secret, when Someone's was obvious? Furthermore, why would I be picked over mole and mikehart/Macros? I'm the only plain townie left who's uncleared, they were cleared by rite and Talitha, respectively. Keep in mind that I brought up the recruitment idea in the first place, why would I do this if I were recruited?

Neither of these two reasons make sense. I said earlier that I'd gladly die if it would help the town, but what will you get? Only that I was what I've said from the start, a Florin Peasant who was never recruited. You'll be down another town, plus whoever gets killed/recruited by the ROUS(s) tonight. I still believe that Talitha's an ROUS who was probably recruited, because it's the simplest and most logical conclusion. If I'm wrong about her, lynching her would still give us more information than lynching anyone else, unless I'm missing something. We'd know that some bites don't necessarily lead to recruitment, and we'd also know that all of her investigations can be trusted (exept for those who might have been recruited after their investigations. I doubt this is happening, however).

I've believed Norinel's innocence throughout the game, until recently. At this point, the only other three players whose innocence I believe are Fishbulb, mole and mikehart/Macros, so I'd especially like to hear their thoughts.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:21 pm

Post by Talitha »

Sugar wrote:In light of the deadline? Do you two (Norinel and Talitha) honestly believe that I've been an ROUS all along?
Not really, but it's within the realms of possibility.
Sugar wrote:The other (and more likely, according to Talitha) reason I'm being voted, is that I could have been recruited at some point. Is it really likely that it'd be me, over Talitha or mathcam2, both of whom were bitten but didn't die (just like Someone)? And if it's only somehow "plain townies" like me and Someone who can be recruited, why would my recruitment be secret, when Someone's was obvious? Furthermore, why would I be picked over mole and mikehart/Macros? I'm the only plain townie left who's uncleared, they were cleared by rite and Talitha, respectively
We could equally ask why Someone was picked! He was uncleared also. Maybe because there is some randomness to the recruiting, or maybe because the recruiter was trying to second guess us. *shrug* So many things in this game defy common sense.
Sugar wrote: I still believe that Talitha's an ROUS who was probably recruited, because it's the simplest and most logical conclusion. If I'm wrong about her, lynching her would still give us more information than lynching anyone else, unless I'm missing something.
I don't understand why you want to lynch an investigator, when there is a simple way to pretty much prove my innocence: lynch mathcam.
If you don't see the logic in that, then I have to wonder whether you really want the town to win this. Vote stands.
Sugar
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
Sugar
moderately caffeinated
moderately caffeinated

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:51 pm

Post by Sugar »

Talitha wrote:I don't understand why you want to lynch an investigator...
I
don't
want to lynch an investigator. However, you were bitten and lived, so I no longer believe you are an investigator on the town's side, which is why I'm voting you.
...there is a simple way to pretty much prove my innocence: lynch mathcam. If you don't see the logic in that, then I have to wonder whether you really want the town to win this.
:shock: What? I brought this up earlier, that lynching mathcam was a logical choice as well. If enough people see this, and would rather spare you for a bit, I'll certainly switch to him. If
you
see this, why are you still voting me? Lynching either you or him will give the town more information than my lynch.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yes, but if we lynch mathcam today and he's innocent, tomorrow you (and others) will say "A HA!, It must take 24 hours to turn into a ROUS!"
It wont prove anything. And you'll lynch me anyway.
That's why I'm suggesting someone else today, mathcam tomorrow.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:55 pm

Post by mole »

In increasing order of suspicion (as above): myself, mathcam/massive/Norinel/Fishbulb, Talitha/whoever happens to be playing as mikehart at the time I write this, Sugar.

I don't think lynching mathcam will acheive anything, least of all Talitha's guilt. They both know better than to allow both of them to exposed with one lynch, especially when it's so easy to avoid...
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 2:08 am

Post by mole »

er, that should read: "least of all
tell us anything
about Talitha's guilt"
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:47 am

Post by mathcam »

I guess lynching Talitha is at least slightly better than lynching me. As Talitha mentions, if you lynch me and get innocent, this doesn't tell you anything about Talitha because of the other 24-hour theory. Here's what happens in two different cases:

Case One: Talitha is innocent. We can then conclude there is no correlation between being bitten and being a rat. We've at least confirmed me fo the next day.

Case Two: Talitha is guilty. Then either she was a rat to the begin with and the game's over, or it's not. If it's not, then we lynch whoever gets bit tonight, and then lynch me the next day, as I may have turned into a rat by then.

Thoughts?

Vote: Talitha

Cam
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:12 am

Post by mole »

Night 1: Dourgrim bites Fishbulb
Night 2: Dourgrim bites JereIC, Fishbulb dies
Night 3: Dourgrim bites Someone, JereIC dies
Night 4: Dourgrim bites Talitha, Someone wounded
Night 5: Someone turns into a rat, Talitha wounded

Day 5: Dourgrim lynched

Night 6: Someone bites mathcam, Talitha turns into a rat
Night 7: Someone/Talitha bite mathcam 2, mathcam dies

Day 7: Someone lynched

Night 8: Talitha bites ???, mathcam 2 wounded

It's unlikely, but it fits the timetable, and it does give the town a chance at winning. I'd buy it, except for the fact that this theory came from the player who has everything to lose for suggesting it. :)

Almost, but not quite, enough to convince me to put the penultimate vote on someone.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:14 am

Post by MeMe »

The Very 2nd Day Eight Count:

Talitha
(3):
Sugar, massive, mathcam

Sugar
(2):
Norinel, Talitha

Not voting (3):
Fishbulb, Macros, mole

Five votes...that's what I need.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:32 am

Post by mole »

What the hell, I'll go along with it. It's either this or the townie thing, and it it's the townie thing I may as well lynch someone else so I won't lose so horribly if I get recruited. ;)

Vote: Talitha
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:34 am

Post by mathcam »

Way to straddle the fence there, mole. :)

Cam
Fishbulb
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Fishbulb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:38 am

Post by Fishbulb »

I feel kinda funny about lynching a cop. I can't help but think someone here is deliberately muddying the water to cause this very occurrence. However, I just can't come up with any good theories myself, so this might be our only answer. If I'm going to throw my vote on, does someone want to unvote so I can test my kingly powers once again?
[url=http://fishbulb515.blogspot.com/][b]Fishblog![/b][/url]
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:44 am

Post by mole »

I just think they were rather foolish moves on Talitha's part to a) bite you and then claim to have investigated you and b) give us the answers like that. There was a chance, a slim chance, but a chance nonetheless, even you might have had a chance if you turned into a rat after she was lynched...
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 4:45 am

Post by mole »

Fishbulb: Sure.

Unvote: Talitha
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:28 am

Post by Macros »

sorry to interupt, mole go post in monty python, now,

moles logic seems the best on offer, but i do feel funny lynching a claimed cop.
i was about to vote, but carry on fishbulb, test your powers.
Oh the huge manatee!!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”