Micro 534: Melancholy Nights (One Happy Ending!)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Micro 534: Melancholy Nights (One Happy Ending!)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:16 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Even as I listen to this song today, it brings me chills to the events of 5 years ago...

Salamence20 Presents...

Melancholy Nights

Staring:
Not_Mafia
Parama
lane0168
Shiro
Ene
Dongempire
Wanderer-nl
Firebringer
RadiantCowbells
Last edited by Salamence20 on Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:53 am, edited 9 times in total.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:46 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Rules (Stolen from the legendary Skullduggery):

General Etiquette:
(1) Play to win. Be competitive. Don't be lame. Don't flake out on us.
(2) Do not take screenshots or directly quote any of the PMs that I send you. Doing so will result in a mod-kill. Pretending to break this rule is the same as actually breaking it. You may paraphrase, but use caution. When in doubt, run it by me first.
(3) Do not edit any of your posts, if you have the ability to do so.
(4) Do not use encrypted text, hidden text, small text, or any other hard-to-read text when posting.
(5) Once you have been lynched or killed, you are out of the game. Do not post anymore until the game is over. That means no "Bah!" posts, please.
(6) Do not talk about this game with anybody else outside of this thread unless your role PM explicitly says that you can.
(7) Heated discussion is fine, but personal attacks, insults, flaming, and poor sportsmanship are not. Please don't be a jerk to your fellow players. If I feel that your behavior is preventing other players from enjoying the game, I reserve the right to force-replace or mod-kill you.
(8) Do not talk about ongoing games. Seriously, don't.

Day, Night, and Twilight:
(9) Each Day phase will last for one apiece and each Night phase will last for two days apiece. I will post specific deadlines in the game thread at the start of every Day and Night phase.
(10) Players may continue to talk during Twilight, including the player that has been lynched.
(11) If you do not send me your Night action before the specified deadline, I will assume that you are not performing an action on that Night.
(12) If you know you will be unavailable during a Night phase, you may send me your night action during the preceding Day phase if you so desire.
(13) Deadline extension requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Voting:
(14) Please post all votes and unvotes using either the bold tag or the vote tag. Votes should look like this: Vote: Salamence or VOTE: Sala
(15) Unvotes are helpful, but not necessary.
(16) Please refrain from engaging in any kind of voting trickery. If it looks like a vote, I'm counting it as a vote.
(17) A lynch will only occur when a majority (more than 50% of all possible votes) is reached. The number of votes needed to hammer will be included with every vote count.
(18) If a majority is not reached by the deadline, there will be no lynch on that Day.
(19) Once a hammer occurs, no votes or unvotes will prevent the lynch from happening.
(20) Additional votes include VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day with no lynch (which will also require a majority) and VOTE: Draw to end the game in a draw (which will require 100% agreement from all living players).

Activity:
(21) You will be expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you go more than 48 hours without posting, you will be prodded.
(22) If you receive a prod, you will have 24 hours to post in the game thread. If you do not respond to your prod within 24 hours, you will be replaced. Additionally, if I have to prod you more than three times, you will be replaced.
(23) If you know that you will have limited access to the game for more than a few days, please let me know either in the thread or via PM.

Communication with the Moderator:
(24) I may be cooler and sexier than you, but I do still make mistakes every now and then. If you notice an error with the vote counts, deadlines, or anything else related to the game, please let me know and I will correct the issue.
(25) I will not answer any role-related questions in the game thread. If you have any questions about your role, the (theoretical) roles of any other players in the game, or (theoretical) role interactions, send me a PM. Do not try to trick me into confirming a player's role. I will not be amused.
(26) If you need to get my attention, just include @Mod or @Salamence in your post.

Miscellaneous:
(27) If you have any problems with another player, send me a PM and I will do my best to resolve the issue.
(28) If a player is mod-killed during the Day phase, then that Day will end immediately.
(29) My color is BLUE (#0000FF) DON’T USE IT

(30) The flavor text is for entertainment purposes only. Analyze it at your own risk.
(31) Do not ask me to mod-kill, force-replace, or discipline any other player in the game. That is my decision to make, not yours.
(32) As the moderator, my word is final. Please respect my instructions and my decisions.
(33) I reserve the right to change these rules during the game if necessary. If this happens, I will inform everybody of the rule change in the thread.
(34) In addition to these rules, all site-wide rules also apply.
(35) Do not ask me if the mafia have daytalk. Any attempts of asking me (either in thread or PM) will be ignored. Unless stated publically, it is not known if the mafia can talk during the day.

Spoiler: Role PMs
Town Male wrote:Welcome to the Melancholy Nights and playing a part in sharing my misery...

You are a
town Male

On Day 1, you may accept a dance request from a female. You will obtain a private PT and become lovers afterwards. After Day 1, you have your vote and your voice. You may also decide to prematurely leave the dance by Bolding in the thread. Be aware that your lover will die as well.

You win when all mafia is removed from the game.

PM to confirm. Good Luck

Town Female wrote:Welcome to the Melancholy Nights and playing a part in sharing my misery...

You are a
town Female

On Day 1, you may ask a male to dance with you. You will obtain a private PT and become lovers after he accepts. After Day 1, you have your vote and your voice. You may also decide to prematurely leave the dance by Bolding in the thread. Be aware that your lover will die as well.

You win when all mafia is removed from the game.

PM to confirm. Good Luck

Mafia Male wrote:Welcome to the Melancholy Nights and playing a part in sharing my misery...

You are a
Mafia Male.

On Day 1, you may accept a dance request from a female. You will obtain a private PT and become lovers afterwards. After Day 1, you have your vote and your voice. You may also decide to prematurely leave the dance by Bolding in the thread. Be aware that your lover will die as well.

You win when your alignment obtains 50% of the vote.

You also have a PT with your buddy, XXXX here

PM to confirm. Good Luck

Mafia Female wrote:Welcome to the Melancholy Nights and playing a part in sharing my misery...

You are a
Mafia Female

On Day 1, you may ask a male to dance with you. You will obtain a private PT and become lovers after he accepts. After Day 1, you have your vote and your voice. You may also decide to prematurely leave the dance by Bolding in the thread. Be aware that your lover will die as well.

You win when your alignment obtains 50% of the vote.

You also have a PT with your buddy, XXXX here.

PM to confirm. Good Luck
Last edited by Salamence20 on Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Salamence20 »

The "Dance" Mechanic

This game will have 4 females and 5 males. (Alignments are not created until I have assigned the genders, meaning mafia can be M/M, M/F, or F/F). Mafia will have permanent Daytalk in this game.

At the start of Day 1, the females must
BOLD
their dance request to any male of their choice. The male must then
Confirm
or
Deny
the request. Once you have accepted the request, you can not change it, so think carefully.

After all the Pairs have been created, the lone male will flip and die. Everyone else will get a private PT, become lovers, and have 48 hours to "Bond" with their partner. The PT will remain open for the rest of the game afterwards

Night 1 will then begin as basic nightless. If the Mafia makes up 50% or more of the remaining players at any point, Mafia immediately wins. If the Mafia are lynched, then Town wins. If the game runs out of time and at least one Mafia is still alive, then Mafia wins.

Also, at any point during the dance, a player may voluntarily leave the dance (he/she dies and his/her alignment flips), which forces his/her partner to leave the dance as well.

Day 1 will be 5 days long
Night 1 and onwards will be a week.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by Salamence20 »

All Roles have been sent out.

You have (expired on 2015-10-03 00:20:00) to confirm or you will be replaced.

All 9 players must confirm for the game to start!

Also, in case your were curious, the genders will be revealed at daystart!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:03 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Don't get me wrong. I have a great life, good family, and good friends. I am doing something I love and life is all sunshine and rainbows. This game isn't about that though.

However, I've had some terrible issues along the way. It all starts with my first social dance. I couldn't dance and I had to find someone to dance with. For a guy with an outgoing personality, talking to people is challenging... I think the thoughts of being denied scared the hell out of me...

Day 1 has begun!

You have (expired on 2015-10-06 16:05:00) to pair up! If they aren't bolded, I'm not counting it!
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:04 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Females:

Not_Mafia
Shiro
Ene
RadiantCowbells

Males:

Parama
Lane0168
Dongempire
Firebringer
Wanderer-nl
Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:14 am

Post by Shiro »

*Shiro walked into the ballroom ready for the night to come.*

*Fashionably dressed for the occasion*

*Shiro scoped the area with quick glances, checking the other ball participants. Tonight was going to be a long night indeed.*
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Parama »

ahh yes this is already off to a great start innit

hey NM wanna be scumbuddies again
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Parama

I choose you!

Spoiler:
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Parama »

we posted that 6 seconds apart omg
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Request dance with Parama
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:18 am

Post by Parama »

that you are sending out a request makes me think you are scum and that i could kill you by immediately leaving the dance at the start of d2

how does that make you feel

Confirm
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:28 am

Post by Donempire »

Hi
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Parama »

omg it's the cops they're onto us run
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 am

Post by lane0168 »

So is there talk and such before females ask us to the dance or is it just random? Don't even get to get a slight read at all? Seems a little messed up there's a pair already. But maybe not
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:53 am

Post by lane0168 »

Scum definitely don't want to be the odd man out... but be then again neither do town. Both will want to confirm right away, but I think town would want to wait a bit, unless there is no talk and it's all random? Well, if you pick me, and there's booze, I'll dance my face off lol
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Parama »

i think not_mafia sent out the request not realizing that i am incredibly likely to leave the dance if i find him suspicious, and i didn't want to give him time to take that back
if he's maf, i can kill him easily
if he's town, we've got a two-town pair
win/win
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:03 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I think it strongly behooves town girls not to send out invitations early.

I will not be doing so soon.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Donempire »

Pick me for a free win
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Parama »

he makes a convincing argument
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Shiro
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Shiro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:20 am

Post by Shiro »

In post 17, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think it strongly behooves town girls not to send out invitations early.

I will not be doing so soon.

*Shiro nods in agreement*
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:28 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 19, Parama wrote:he makes a convincing argument

I completely agree with this post
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:30 pm

you know what else makes a convincing argument?

tequila.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:31 pm

I'm a town girl.

Not like those mafia girls who will ask JUST ANYONE to the dance! Like, eww~
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Mafia girls have more fun

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”