MAFIACEPTION GAME OVER! Flawless Victory!

Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

MAFIACEPTION GAME OVER! Flawless Victory!

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:16 am

Post by Glork »

MAFIACEPTION

Players:
Moderator:
Glork
Back-up Moderator:
quadz08
Reviewed by:
quadz08

CURRENT STATUS:
Game Over! Town has won!

Going Deeper (12/21):

1. fro99er
  2. Anatole Kuragin
    Bellaphant
    Wickedestjr
  3. Stodav
    ChaosOmega
  4. PeregrineV
  5. Spiffeh
  6. Albert B. Rampage
  7. Katsuki
  8. ZZZX
    hiplop
  9. Tammy
  10. Ricastle
  11. MarioManiac4
  12. Marquis

Dead and Gone (9/21):

1. Titus -- Double Agent Jammer (Mafia Roleblocker, Midgame) -- Lynched Day 1
  2. Peptobislawl
    BBMolla -- Double Agent (Mafia Goon, Outergame) -- Lynched Day 2
  3. farside22 -- Agent Insertion Expert (Town 1-shot Inserter, Outergame) -- Killed Night 2
  4. Porochaz -- Double Agent (Mafia Goon, Innergame) -- Lynched Day 3
  5. Bulbazak -- Watcher Agent (Town Watcher, Innergame) -- Killed Night 3
  6. Drixx -- The Mark (Town 1-shot Bulletproof + conditional 1-shot Vig, Innergame) -- Killed Night 3
  7. Ranger -- Doible Agent Investigator (Mafia Innergame Cop, Innergame --> moved to Midgame) -- Lynched Day 4
  8. Gorkington -- Sleeper Agent (Town Midgame Cop, Outergame) -- Killed Night 4
  9. Dongempire
    Starbuck
    Dongempire -- Assassin Double Agent (Mafia Conditional Ninja) -- Lynched Day 5

GENERAL RULES

1. Have fun, and be courteous to your fellow players and the moderator. This is, and always should be, Rule #1.
  2. Play to win the game.
  3. All votes must be in
    bold
    in the format
    Vote: Glork
    , or using VOTE: Vote Tags. To move your vote, you do not have to
    Unvote
    /UNVOTE: , but it is always appreciated.
  4. A majority of votes is required by the players to lynch. The number of players alive, and number of votes needed to lynch will be posted in each vote count and will always be in the first post.
  5. You may VOTE: No Lynch if you wish to end the day without a lynch.
  6. Once a lynch (or no lynch) has occured, no changes in votes or pleas for suvival will be accepted.
  7. Days will last no longer than
    two weeks
    from the start of day. Extensions totaling up to one additonal week might be given upon request, depending on game circumstances, such as the need for replacements.
  8. If no majority has been reached by deadline, the day will end with
    No Lynch
  9. Once you have been killed, you are dead. You may make one "bah" post, but do
    NOT
    under any circumstances post any game-relevant information or opinions. Players who are lynched may continue to talk up until their lynch scene has been posted.
  10. You may not edit or delete any posts. You may not use "invisible" text, cryptography, or any other "hidden" communications.
  11. You may not communicate with any other player, living or dead, unless specifically stated by your role PM. A Graveyard Private Topic will be provided by the moderator upon your death.
  12. You may not quote any out-of-thread communications, such as Role PMs or chat logs. If you feel a paraphrase might break this rule, feel free to contact the Moderator before posting.
  13. Night actions must be submitted by the date and time posted at end-of-day. Nights will last 72 hours.
  14. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 48 hours, please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    V/LA which is posted in-thread (or PMed to the Mod during night) will not count against activity requirements.
  15. The Proxy Rule:
    To facilitate gameplay during periods of inactivity, you may Proxy your vote to another player during your V/LA. If you would like to proxy your vote to Player X, simply post
    Proxy: Player X
    when you post your V/LA. Player X will be able to move your vote as though it were their own for the duration of your V/LA. I WILL be monitoring Proxy use and reserve the right to rescind this rule for one or more players if I feel it is being abused. A player with a proxy vote may post:
    Glork Votes: Player X
    to distinguish between their own vote and that of their proxy.
  16. Proxy votes do NOT carry over into the next day. If you have proxied your vote to someone, your vote will return to your control when the day ends, even if you are still on V/LA.
  17. Out Of Character (OOC) text is reserved solely for Moderator use, in the event I feel I need to edit another player's post. Do not use this font.
  18. Players who do not post for
    72 consecutive hours
    are subject to a modprod. A player then has 48 more hours to pick up their prod before they are replaced. Players who are prodded more than
    three
    times over the course of two full day/night cycles will be replaced outright. Additional prods may be issued upon player request. As indicated in Rule 14, exceptions will be made for V/LA posted in-thread.
  19. No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to replace or modkill any player for any reason, at any time. However, I try to be extremely reasonable and prefer to resort to forced replacement and modkills as an absolute last resort. If you follow Rules 1 and 2, chances are you will not have to worry about this rule. You may ALWAYS contact me or a Back-Up Mod with any questions or concerns related to this game, its mods, or its players.

GAME-SPECIFIC RULES AND MECHANICS:

1. This game has a "game within a game" mechanic loosely based on the movie INCEPTION. There are three levels: The Outergame, the Midgame, and the Innergame. Players will be told in their role PM which game they are in. A player in the Innergame is considered to be part of the Midgame and the Outergame. Similarly, a player in the Midgame is considered to be part of the Outergame.
  2. There are only two factions in this game: The town and the mafia.
  3. Each faction may gain or lose advantages depending on whether they "win" each tier of the game. The overall game is won when either the mafia group has been completely eliminated, or when the mafia group gains a majority of the game's population. The Midgame and Innergame are "won" when either the town elimiantes all mafia members at that particular level with at least one town player still alive, or when the mafia eliminates all town players at that particular level, with at least one mafia player still alive. At that point, a game-wide annoucnement will be made that that level has been won, and any benefits/penalties will be applied immediately.
  4. Players may claim (or fakeclaim) what level they are in.
  5. Upon death, a player's full Role PM (minus their game levels, other playernames and possible mod notes) will be revealed.

All protown players have the following win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player is alive.

All scum players have the following win condition:
You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population, or if this scenario becomes inevitable.

Below is a sample Vanilla Townie PM:
Greetings <<playername>>,

You are an
Agent
in the
<<Outergame/Midgame/Innergame>>
. You have no special abilities other than your mind and your vote.

You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player is alive.
Last edited by Glork on Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:12 am, edited 21 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:54 am

Post by Glork »

Apologies for the slight delay. Role PMs will be sent out by the end of the day today. Confirmation period will be 72 hours from the time they are sent out, and role confirmation will be done via PM.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by Glork »

All Role PMs are out. Please confirm your role and what level you are in via PM.

Day 1 will start at approximately 6:30pm EST on Saturday, November 7.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:56 am

Post by Glork »

It is now Day 1. Day ends on Sunday, November 22, at 2:00pm EST, or when a majority lynch is reached.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:00 am

Post by Gorkington »

vote: frogguy
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:01 am

Post by Marquis »

VOTE: froggy
link in bio
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:02 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

V/LA

Proxy: Titus
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:07 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

VOTE: Fro99er
because cheese swedish>cheese danish
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:10 am

Post by Porochaz »

vote Fro99er
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Stodav
Stodav
Townie
Stodav
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:27 am

Post by Stodav »

VOTE: Peptobislawl
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas!
Peptobislawl
Peptobislawl
Goon
Peptobislawl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:36 am

Post by Peptobislawl »

VOTE: Titus
Show
Will protect people not in the game

"I'm with the insane cop" -Pepto 2015

References games from other sites in his sig
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:44 am

Post by farside22 »

Do you think there is any benefit from claiming where we are in the game?
I've been thinking about this since the pre-game and I'm not sure because scum could just lie about where they are and chaos would probably come into who is left in each part of the inception.
I just wanted someone else to bounce off of if it's just simple mafia and claim later?
I'm thinking not lylo for sure, maybe........

21 players
3 tiers

so

2 scum per tier?

that would be 6 scum in a 21 player game.....no probably 5 scum, 6 seems like a lot, but then you have to think about how many town per each tier.

21/3=7 players per tier.

Titus thoughts?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 6, Albert B. Rampage wrote:V/LA

Proxy: Titus

What the...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:46 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 11, farside22 wrote:Do you think there is any benefit from claiming where we are in the game?
I've been thinking about this since the pre-game and I'm not sure because scum could just lie about where they are and chaos would probably come into who is left in each part of the inception.
I just wanted someone else to bounce off of if it's just simple mafia and claim later?

21 players
3 tiers

so

2 scum per tier?

that would be 6 scum in a 21 player game.....no probably 5 scum, 6 seems like a lot, but then you have to think about how many town per each tier.

21/3=7 players per tier.

Titus thoughts?

I'd prefer to not claim; Innergames seem more important than others and can help scum paint NKs.
Why ask Titus of all people?
Stodav
Stodav
Townie
Stodav
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:47 am

Post by Stodav »

In post 11, farside22 wrote:Do you think there is any benefit from claiming where we are in the game?

Most likely not. It would allow scum to know who to target for NKs/lynch pushes to allow them to win a layer of the game and get whatever bonus, but doesn't help us with how many scum in each layer as they can lie. It really wouldn't help us much but would allow scum to be more tactical and get the rewards easier.
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:48 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 13, MarioManiac4 wrote:

21 players
3 tiers

so

2 scum per tier?

21/3=7 players per tier.

Titus thoughts?

I'd prefer to not claim; Innergames seem more important than others and can help scum paint NKs.

I've discussed game strategy before with titus. She's good to talk to sometimes.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:52 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 14, Stodav wrote:

Most likely not. It would allow scum to know who to target for NKs/lynch pushes to allow them to win a layer of the game and get whatever bonus, but doesn't help us with how many scum in each layer as they can lie. It really wouldn't help us much but would allow scum to be more tactical and get the rewards easier.

This is true.
I can see the flaw with one section being mislynched and scum just going after those that claimed to win.

risk doesn't give reword for day 1.
I'm thinking day 3 or 4 depending on lynches.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:54 am

Post by Titus »

21 players
3 tiers

so

2 scum per tier?

21/3=7 players per tier.

Titus thoughts?

Questions:

What if all the PRs are in the same game? Scum can fakeclaim and then win particular cells they can get bonuses if I get the setup right. Also mass claim as an inherent assumption I think that all people were spread evenly.

Do scum know which game every player is in?

I am leaning against mass claim but it did cross my mind.

Wtf is with ABR proxying me...
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 15, farside22 wrote:
In post 13, MarioManiac4 wrote:

21 players
3 tiers

so

2 scum per tier?

21/3=7 players per tier.

Titus thoughts?

I've discussed game strategy before with titus. She's good to talk to sometimes.

I'm much better at reading strategy than people early.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:56 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

Anyway, calling a townread on farside for trying to get us out of RVS.
Now I need to figure out the others; eighteen left I think? *can't be bothered to read op*
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

21 players. I see.
Just gonna keep up my RVS vote for now.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:01 am

Post by Donempire »

I still dont understand what the psrts actuslly do, i think outergame ppl cant vote for mid and innergame ppl and midgame cant vote for innergame ppl? Or something else
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
MarioManiac4
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
MarioManiac4
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:04 am

Post by MarioManiac4 »

In post 21, Donempire wrote:I still dont understand what the psrts actuslly do, i think outergame ppl cant vote for mid and innergame ppl and midgame cant vote for innergame ppl? Or something else

I don't *really* understand.
From what I get;
Innergame people are also part of the Midgame and Outergame; thus they are part of every game and better NKs.
Midgame people are also part of the Outergame.
Outergame people are only in the Outergame.
I think town/scum can win each game and whoever wins the most wins overall?
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Let me know when you guys figure this shit out because hell if I know

VOTE: MarioManiac4
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:06 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I agree with Stodav that we should not claim which game we're in.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”