SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Hi Sakura!
I'm Suika again. Party Time!
@muffin: you are a quad voter too?
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Sky_Paladin
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Sky_Paladin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:13 pm

Post by Sky_Paladin »

Re: Announcing number of day cards -

In the previous game, Pieguy had an ability that could blow up players if they didn't use a day card, and other players had abilities that effectively vanillarized/did other bad things based on knowing how many cards players had. I'd hold off on giving away this kind of information this early in the game.

@Relentless

You threw down an initial vote on Chocola, switched it over to Sakura, then back to Chocola. When the VC said 0 votes, you commented about having to rethink your case. In the event that it's not just RVS luls, could you please clarify some more on this?
Chocola
Chocola
Goon
Chocola
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Post by Chocola »

time to vote my favorite chump :3
VOTE: thdgkdwjfms
when no one was looking,
deadline took
two weeks
. it took 2 weeks.
that's as many as fourteen days.
and that's terrible.
Chocola
Chocola
Goon
Chocola
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:38 pm

Post by Chocola »

Oh shit wait 4 pages already I gotta wait till I get home I guess
when no one was looking,
deadline took
two weeks
. it took 2 weeks.
that's as many as fourteen days.
and that's terrible.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:14 pm

Post by Kilgamayan »

##Vote: Shadoweh
LAL

2 Day-Use spellcards, don't care about the risk of going kablooey, if scum want to nuke a townie that started D1 with three votes on them already they can go right damn ahead

Unhappy with Sakura for playing the role game so hard, particularly wrt Muffin and pie. Consider yourself lucky that Shadowy's so lurky!
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:22 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Hi I'll be here tomorrow.

I finally have a neighbor but at the cost of fakegod trolling with my role. Whoever guesses my character gets a free invite to my neighborhood.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:23 pm

Post by notscience »

Clownpiece
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:26 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Do you even freedom

Also nope
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:29 pm

Post by notscience »

No I'm scum and I'm trying to enslave you all

duh

Also I have 1 day card.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:30 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

I have 1+
n

I can show you what mine does if all of you unvote.

Y'all probably won't like the effect though.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:32 pm

Post by notscience »

You should neighborize me anyways.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Back to your room you go
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:34 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also gaiden if you can loljoin a neighborhood, I highly suggest you join mine.
Show
~fferyllt

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by Kagami »

Gaiden, can you make a hood with me?
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:19 pm

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 88, Kagami wrote:Gaiden, can you make a hood with me?

Can't throw parties this time... makes me sad
i can only crash them.
anyway, i have 3 day use cards.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 45, Sakura Hana wrote:Because, there's most likely 4 scum in 16p game, muffin needing 4 extra votes at 9 to lynch means he requires 13 votes to die, so if muffin's scum he requires at least 1 scum to be busing for him to die, so it's literally impossible for him to be scum, but pie decided to vote him anyway.

you're aware my vote on him wasn't serious, correct?

I can see why you'd think this if you were taking my post 100% literally, but I don't think it's hard to spot once you realize it wasn't; I recommend you look at it again in context with zmuffin's .

In post 55, borkjerfkin wrote:followup to muffin question:

In post 10, pieguyn wrote:I have a serious town read on noddy, a serious scum read on zmuffin

was this part fluff/meta (i know the part i didn't quote was) or is this relevant in any non-meta way?

yes
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:10 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I honestly don't like any of {Sakura, noddy, or bork} so far.

Sakura's recent posts have been mostly fine, but her opening came off really forced. I didn't like either of these posts:

In post 19, Sakura Hana wrote:dat gambler's fallacy

In post 20, Sakura Hana wrote:Are you even gonna try to read me, or are you just gonna base your choice off mere gambler's fallacy (or are you scum who already knows im town?)
Why didnt you vote for your mentioned 2 suspects?

it was pretty obvious zmuffin wasn't being serious here. what she did reminds me of what I used to have a tendency to do as scum: come out ultra serious in the early game and misinterpret stuff as serious when it obviously wasn't. there is also that, if she thought zmuffin's -4 was a strong enough reason to read him as town that I'm scum for voting him, the parenthetical feels out of place.

In post 34, Sakura Hana wrote:(ftr my gut is pinging really hard pie's scum right now, but im waiting to get my results first before i decide how to proceed)

I hated this: I do not believe she would at this point supposedly have had a massive gut scum read on me, as she's claiming here. I think this is a scum tell because we just got out of a game where I p much rekt her as scum (<3), and she had a gut scum read on me the last two days which she had a lot of trouble explaining/reasoning out. I think she was deliberately attempting to emulate her behavior in that game by declaring a "gut" scumread on me, and so she thought having a strong gutread on me from the get go might be how she would go about pushing me early as town if she thought I might be scum - when in reality this isn't how I expect she'd actually read me as town. I would expect she'd be a lot more tentative about forming an early read on me/want to feel me out more first if she thought to push me early; she historically has tended to give me room even when she has had a scum read on me (even in EOSD where she was convinced I was scum she kinda sorta backed off near the end and at least admitted Feysal/Spiffeh cross bussing each other would make sense even though she was sure I was scum, which is indicative of the kind of leeway we give each other when town).

now that she explained the reasoning behind it (see my previous post), I feel more strongly about this than I did when I first saw it. I _really_ don't think she would have had such a major reaction to my posts when her major reason was something as weak as voting zmuffin when he had -4 votes/was unlynchable.

a more minor point, I thought looked forced too, but that's splitting hairs and I wouldn't put any stock in it. all of this said, I'd like to see how she responds to this/my last post and am not interested in pushing there for the time being.

noddy: is there a reason you flat-out ignored me declaring a town read on you in my first post? I was kinda sorta deliberately being semi-obtuse there to see what people would do, and I guess I could see it if you figured it wasn't serious right away, but that was in part a reaction test that you failed. I would have expected town-you to see the town read and at least twitch over it (even if it looked like I was joking, I don't think it was 100% obvious), especially given how much paranoia you displayed in our PT (if this was facetious, correct me). meanwhile you-scum would know me town reading you would be absolutely necessary for you to win the game and thus stay the fuck away from it (what it looked like you were doing here).

bork: do you disagree that zmuffin's role is highly unlikely to come from scum, and what did you like about Sakura's posts?

Relentless' game looks different from his wallzy scum game he played the last UPick, but I don't think it necessarily means anything in terms of alignment. outside of this (and zmuffin), I have no other town reads.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:14 pm

Post by notscience »

In post 91, pieguyn wrote:noddy: is there a reason you flat-out ignored me declaring a town read on you in my first post? I was kinda sorta deliberately being semi-obtuse there to see what people would do, and I guess I could see it if you figured it wasn't serious right away, but that was in part a reaction test that you failed. I would have expected town-you to see the town read and at least twitch over it (even if it looked like I was joking, I don't think it was 100% obvious), especially given how much paranoia you displayed in our PT (if this was facetious, correct me). meanwhile you-scum would know me town reading you would be absolutely necessary for you to win the game and thus stay the fuck away from it (what it looked like you were doing here).

I was going to comment on it because I didn't think anything I've said was leaning one way or the other. I don't really care if I failed. And I am very obviously playing my cards close to the chest this game.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by notscience »

That post came out incoherent.

I thought of commenting because I didn't think i had done anything alignment indicative thus far. But I am playing my cards close to the chest this game and don't care that I failed the reaction test.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:16 pm

Post by pieguyn »

actually Kilga might also be town.

and I don't like Sky's entrance either, it feels like a neutral post that was specifically designed not to add anything to the game; the one question he did ask, there's no real stance there. I could see it coming from a scum attempting to enter the game without being sure how to do it POV, whereas I'd expect town early game would take more of a hard stance either way (ex. explicitly calling Relentless out for not having a case).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:19 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 93, notscience wrote:That post came out incoherent.

I thought of commenting because I didn't think i had done anything alignment indicative thus far. But I am playing my cards close to the chest this game and don't care that I failed the reaction test.

it came out fine the first time :p

did said "town read" on you not give you any idea at all about my alignment? I would expect you'd be freaking the fuck out at potentially having to deal with me being scum in a game with you _again_.

do you have any reads so far (I can see the benefit in playing some things close, withholding reads is not one of them)?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:21 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I think I wanna

vote: Sky Palladium

for now, though I am admittedly biased.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by notscience »

No.

No.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 91, pieguyn wrote:it was pretty obvious zmuffin wasn't being serious here

please don't speak for me
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Post by notscience »

I am the lorax, I speak for the trees.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST