Micro 550: 2 Scoops of the Fourth Degree (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #364 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:43 pm

Post by Ether »

The thing with All Alone wasn't pro-town, exactly. Scum, ideally, want to mislynch whoever's vulnerable, but having townreads gives them credibility. Having a townread on a power role is a good idea because it's not like the power role is getting lynched anyway, so if ASP hadn't called you out, there wouldn't have been any downside. But if you're town, the best thing you can do if you spot a power role tell is to quietly slip away from that wagon and try not to draw attention to it, if possible. Sometimes you can't really do that subtly, but those are two different motivations.

The Kaboose wagon was so bad that even I was cringing, and I didn't have a win condition. Scum played to their audience, though, I'll give them that.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #370 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

Post by Ether »

I actually didn't have a read on you (or anyone) on Day 1, and thought you felt genuinely antsy around the deadline. I don't think I'd have figured it out early through playing, either, but that's hard to say. By early Day 2, though, you'd stopped even trying to toe the line and it was pretty clear.

The balance might not be so bad. Here's the most recent data on 2of4 I could find, and while the sample size is small, daytalk does seem to be giving scum a strong advantage in recent newbie games. So aside from the doctor/vanilla subsetup, I'm not convinced this was townsided. Balance is hard.

Did you know that in the F11 subsetup with a cop against two goons, the town only won about 35% of the time, but in the Matrix6 cop/goon/goon subsetup, that's jumped to 51%? Seriously, mafia balance makes no goddamn sense.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #371 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:37 pm

Post by Ether »

Ether wrote:So aside from the doctor/vanilla subsetup, I'm not convinced this was townsided.
Er.

You know what I meant.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #375 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 4:25 am

Post by Ether »

I didn't pick up that it was a guilty.

Honestly, my model of you is "lurks a lot; occasionally posts an unsubstantiated one-liner that I don't care about; more effort than that is probably indicative of being scum but it's okay to have a dialog about the logic instead of jumping to conclusions, because instavoting people for actually trying is rude; besides, scumgame can also involve not giving a shit."

Making an unsubstantiated one-liner about OceanWind being scum wasn't really a blip on that.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #377 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:30 am

Post by Ether »

Yeah...I was wondering about that, actually. I archived some of the older newbie games recently and you seemed to care more in 2014.

Maybe try hanging out in some spectator threads, or even just maintain some kind of stream of consciousness PT for yourself that other people won't have to see postgame, and just spam it as much as you can? I'm assuming your scumdar doesn't really call for heavy interaction. (I'm saying this as someone who can barely function without it; this advice wouldn't work for me at all.)

I don't really know how you think well enough to give good advice here, or what kinds of interest in mafia you do and don't have right now. It's entirely possible to not play but still be a mafia geek, though.
As I move my vote
LOUDER

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”