Chicago Meetup: donezo. .

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 12:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Most effort I've ever seen put into a f2f game. You guys deserve a lot of kudos. I think your points for improvement pretty much mirror my own thoughts, and I expect subverting crazy at meetreal!
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu May 19, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Titus »

False alarm on my foot BTW. Not broken, just had blood pool under the nail making it feel like it.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 1:38 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1075, Thestatusquo wrote:Most effort I've ever seen put into a f2f game. You guys deserve a lot of kudos. I think your points for improvement pretty much mirror my own thoughts, and I expect subverting crazy at meetreal!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Iecerint »

DeathNote wrote:However, L did reveal himself that turn giving a narrow window that could have been used ( and supposedly was according to Iec... sorry buddy)]
If you'd heard all of my daykills, it would've been a genocide. XD

Cheetory the night before that (failed due to role mechanics), then Pablito before it would've worked on L. I was under the mistaken impression that I had a nightkill requiring the "delete" action, so I tried to "tag" multiple players with "vote-delete" each day.

I totally missed that Mala didn't want Dram re-dead...oh well....
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Mina »

Sorry for questioning your use of daykills, Iecerint, because I didn't understand how your role worked. Great game, although being scum with no NK left against a room full of confirmed townies with vigs was very demoralizing at the end.

The Hamilton get-together staved off the post-meet blues for a bit, but now they're back in full force. I miss all of you, and wish I could have had more time to interact with everyone. This is the rare meet where I want to do a write-up for everyone just because there are so many people I didn't give enough attention at the time.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Mina »

In post 1052, Chevre wrote:Who turned on the faucet in the bathroom on Thursday night?
The ghost of the AirBnB.
Who put the chapstick in the Mafia de Cuba box?
The ghost of the AirBnB.
What happened to the corn and the rest of the groceries?
Some of it was thrown out. But Llamarble adopted the corn! I hope they're loving their new home.
Did Cephrir, hito, Mala, Mina, & STD win their escape room?
Yes!
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:01 am

Post by GreyICE »

The setup is really cool. I love the idea, and I love the fact it's really something that could only be done in person. The physicality of the notes was a really nice touch. I like it when meatspace games do something that virtual games can't (at least not easily).
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 7:43 am

Post by BROseidon »

In post 1081, GreyICE wrote:The setup is really cool. I love the idea, and I love the fact it's really something that could only be done in person. The physicality of the notes was a really nice touch. I like it when meatspace games do something that virtual games can't (at least not easily).
Something tangential that I noticed re: how meatspace games work vs. online ones.

In meatspace games, you can have private conversations. You can walk around the room and talk to specific people about different things. You kind of have to do it at first, too, since you can't really talk to everyone at the start. It creates this cool effect where bigger games, by default, have dynamic neighborhoods.

This was really helpful in the DN game where Dram was claimed to like me/hiplop/Skrew, and I could just tell Dram who to target without it requiring that everyone know his role.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 8:13 am

Post by dramonic »

Consult
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:00 am

Post by BROseidon »

You were taking orders ;)
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 9:23 am

Post by dramonic »

If I were taking orders I woulda given your deathnote to Mala as you asked ;)
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

I told you to swap her with Skrew!
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Iecerint »

;)
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Iecerint »

;)
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:36 am

Post by pablito »

In post 1082, BROseidon wrote:
In post 1081, GreyICE wrote:The setup is really cool. I love the idea, and I love the fact it's really something that could only be done in person. The physicality of the notes was a really nice touch. I like it when meatspace games do something that virtual games can't (at least not easily).
Something tangential that I noticed re: how meatspace games work vs. online ones.

In meatspace games, you can have private conversations. You can walk around the room and talk to specific people about different things. You kind of have to do it at first, too, since you can't really talk to everyone at the start. It creates this cool effect where bigger games, by default, have dynamic neighborhoods.

This was really helpful in the DN game where Dram was claimed to like me/hiplop/Skrew, and I could just tell Dram who to target without it requiring that everyone know his role.
I agree with bro on the neighborhood effect. I think this is why Mina and I kinda stuck around each other and were tied together in the game after the merge. When I started suspecting her and people suspected us both, I wanted us to be the top targets so that everyone could see how scummy she was, but then in a deadline lynch I went instead.

I was mostly trying to get drunk when I replaced in and didn't know what was going on. I would've gladly accepted a daykill, Iec. I did not want to last that long that game. That being said, I wish I had paid attention, because I would've enjoyed actually thinking about the mechanics if I had looked at the rules in the beginning. Reading the set-up now, it looks great.
Sup, later.
BipolarChemist
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
BipolarChemist
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 11:46 am

Post by BipolarChemist »

I am finally home after all this time! Thank you for having me at the meet, I met a lot of great people. I am absolutely whooped from it all, but I think it was pretty worth it! No post-meet blues yet, but we'll see how the next few days go.

Thank you, DeathNote, for posting the set-up! It was probably my favourite thing that I did at the meet and I'm really happy with the product we had in the end. I have this weird temptation to mod large theme games now, though. So damn you for that one!

Anyways, those that I didn't get to say my goodbyes to, I hope to see you again and I owe you a hug and/or handshake (pending on your comfort level!).

I have a lot of things that I could talk about, but I'll keep it just at this and save some of the memories for myself. Till next time, y'all :D
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 12:05 pm

Post by Iecerint »

See, I didn't UNDERSTAND that I had a day kill.

I thought I had a nightkill that was ACTIVATED by a day behavior.

But it never activated. So.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Chevre »

I thought the little conversation grouplets that developed in some games was really neat, even though it tends to harm me more than help.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri May 20, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Iecerint »

In post 1092, Chevre wrote:I thought the little conversation grouplets that developed in some games was really neat, even though it tends to harm me more than help.
I defended you D1. :[
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Did anyone at Shea's end up taking a second IPhone 6+ charger home with them? I brought two to the meet and I ended up with only one. I left it behind on Saturday and it was never brought to marbles the next day.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Titus »

I might have done that Mala. I think I mistook it for my IPad charger since no one was there. I'll check and send it back if that's the case. They all look the same.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Okay thoughts:

This was probably the biggest meet that I have ever been at. I can't remember how big the commune meet was back in 2014, but i will say I will probably miss people and if I do I apologize in advance!

Scummers:

Cabd, Emily & Percy: I want to start out first by thanking you for letting me stay at your place. It was a blast. I wish I could have had more time to spend with you both, but Emily hurting her knee at lunch foiled those plans. Thank you for letting us come back into your house at all of those crazy hours due to trains and playing too much mafia games. I enjoyed the laughs, the hugs and the fun when we were all able to hang out. Also that breakfast one morning was amazing and thank you for that<3

Ariel/KittyMo"o": It felt like ages since 2014 that I have seen you and it was amazing to spend time with you. I really enjoyed the mafia games we got to play together, majority of them we shared an alignment, but it was pretty exciting to play different alignments too~. I still can't decide whether or not my favorite game was when we were playing so tight that we had convinced half the players that we were masons together (when we weren't) or when you were the SK. You should take happiness in knowing that this years bruise on my face was due to a train station and not actually you elbow'ing me in the face :)
(also selfies, yes selfies<3) Also thanks for getting me into the escape room with everyone else as I really enjoyed that ^^

Syryana: Oh I don't actually know where to begin with you. I have to say you are the most funniest yet sweet guy that I have ever met. You were making me laugh without even trying to make me laugh. I'm so happy I was able to meet you, spend time with you and get to know you better. Thanks for putting up with me when I decided to fangirl around chicago, since you could have ditched me after that 1 1/2 of a mile to the place. You were a blast and I hope you come to future meets. (I don't know if he'll even read since he doesn't come here that often ;-;)

Now to my Pi's. (:p)

Pieguyn: Hiiiii, you are the sweetest~ You were always such a go with the flow type member of our little group of three. You are also very sweet and funny. I had a blast walking/hanging around Chicago with you. Those long train rides though getting from places and back to Cabds especially when we missed that one train by less than 15 seconds and had to wait about 12 minutes for the last one ;-;
I still think us having a laugh after I walked into the police station was great. Thanks for putting up with me, lol!

Mathblade: Sorry I didn't get to spend a lot more time with you. Just so many people and so much going on that I pretty much got overwhelmed and I apologize. I should have hung back and talked to you a bit more, but it was nice seeing you again. I have to say I wasn't expecting to you come to Chicago without me/your sister knowing!

Titus: You are another person whom I didn't get to spend a lot of time with as much as I should have. Again there was so much going on and so many new people that I was losing track of where we needed to go and everything else. (ps your face doesn't break cameras)

LLD/Greyice: Holy shit. You both are like the best. You are both amazing human beings and I am so glad that I got the chance to talk/spend time with you. Playing mafia with you both was so fun and even dinner that night was a bunch of laughs. Hopefully we'll have the chance to hang out at more meets in the future. <3

Sheaaaaaaaaaa: Thank you so much for hosting this meet. It was fun and hopefully wasn't as stressful as most meets are. I had a lot of fun playing mafia with you and just seeing you again. Driving to NC with you was a blast, besides that one fucking highway that shouldn't be named. Also thanks for giving me your coat that one night that it was freezing out and I was shivering like a person who *really* should be used to cold weather. Also for being a gentleman with bringing me the ice.<3 Hopefully there will be more meets or you'l be at others.

Faraday: HI BUDDY. I had a lot of fun playing mafia with you and just overall talking to you about ~things~. I will never forget those mafia games we played together, one where you totally rocked the fire and ice one for a win and the fact you claimed PGO when you weren't and we still won, even if we had to lynch Ariel. I still had a laugh about the whole mina and coffee thing. I'm not really sure why, but that was pretty damn funny.

Mina: YAY my twin in size. Actually I don't think size was brought up this meet :P I really, really enjoyed the girls walk to get your/Empire's coffee. Escape room was also pretty damn amazing, even if I guessed one code by accident! I actually didn't get to play any F2F mafia games with you, well there was one, but we were scum buddies so it doesn't really count since I died right away anyways!

Ether: I didn't get to spend that much time with you since I played a majority of f2f games, but it was really nice to see you again. I also really enjoyed that walk during the whole coffee search!

Hiplop: Sorry I didn't talk to you much at this meet besides the f2f games! Sorry I vigged you that one game even if you are holding a grudge. I had bad aim in the beginning. :P Hopefully you'll go to other meets so I can get to know you better because you seem like a pretty damn cool guy!

BPC: We didn't get to have our talk during the meet. :[ it was nice meeting you though and thank you for driving us home that one night after the trains closed! <3333

Iec: It was so nice to see you again!<3 Thanks for the laughs during the f2f games as it was fun to play with you again!

Axxle: It was amazing to see you again. You were one of the \many\ people I meet during the NC meet. It was fun playing f2f with you even though half the time I read you wrong. :[

Deathnote: Thank you so much for modding that game and all the effort you took to make it. It was really fun, but would have been even more fun if the modkill didn't hurt the game. <3333

Cephrir/STD/Hito: It was really fun playing the escape room with you all. Thank you so much for letting me do it with you. I know I didn't get to hang much with any of you, but it was nice meeting you and hopefully we'll do it again on another meet!

Empire: It was so awesome to finally meet you because of all the good things I heard about you. You are pretty awesome!

I know there's a lot more people that I wish I had a lot more time to spend with, but as I said it was a huge meet. I tried giving everyone a hug as a goodbye, so if i missed you I apologize!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by KittyMo »

<3
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat May 21, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1096, Malakittens wrote:Pieguyn: Hiiiii, you are the sweetest~ You were always such a go with the flow type member of our little group of three. You are also very sweet and funny. I had a blast walking/hanging around Chicago with you. Those long train rides though getting from places and back to Cabds especially when we missed that one train by less than 15 seconds and had to wait about 12 minutes for the last one ;-;
I still think us having a laugh after I walked into the police station was great. Thanks for putting up with me, lol!
<3 I'm so glad I got to meet you, I had a lot of fun hanging around with you too! that police station was absolute gold, it was totally worth it and I don't care how much of a troll anyone AKA Syr decides to be about it.

while I'm here, I'd also like to give a shoutout to Syr although ya I dunno if he'll read this. it was awesome to get to see you again (it's been almost 2 years. jesus time seems to pass really fast)!

this is to both of you, I had a lot of fun crusading around with both of you for a lot of the meet, even if it was just something like us looking at each other and even that would wind up making us laugh. it was legit really chill just to be around you both and this is coming from someone who is shy as hell IRL and mostly just stayed in the background the whole meet.

Cabd and Emily also get shoutouts of course! there are a lot of other people I wanna give shoutouts to, but if I name off everyone I'm just going to start rambling :(
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by KittyMo »

tl;dr you all are great!

Spoiler:
Axxle- Good to see you again after having gotten to know you a bit better in the interim between meets! I feel like I developed a good read on you this time, which I feel good about since I def used to overly scumread you. (I was actually vaguely disappointed to roll masons with you as opposed to someone I can't read, but that ended up playing out really well and was a great game.) I really enjoyed playing board games with you (wp in cosmic encounter especially but I think you're really strategic and smart in general).

BPC- You were on my short list of people I was most looking fwd to meeting for the first time and did not disappoint! Thanks so much for driving us, keeping us organized and in touch with the other houses, & organizing the escape room. Things would not have gone as smoothly without you for sure, inc in the escape room, which was super fun. I really enjoyed hanging out with you on Friday night between some funny Mafia de Cuba moments and discussing Survivor. You're really nice, friendly and great to hang out with (wish we'd gotten to do so more.) Stay in touch!

BROseidon- It actually took me a while to figure out who you were when I first got to Llamarble's because you're p different than I expected, but def not in a bad way. Unfortunately didn't see that much of you due to you being sick! I liked your strategic approach to face to face mafia and you seem pretty cool. (x)

Cabd- Wish we'd known PA was injured earlier on so we could have planned differently to make sure we saw you :( I got the sense that you had fun with the group you hosted tho at least. Hope to meet you someday tho

Cephrir- You seem really chill and I felt bad about lynching you first from our room. I felt like you played well in every single Mafia de Cuba game and then kept getting fucked over by weird mechanics. My favorite memory of you is probably your reaction to Empire nightkilling me when I was sitting by you (along the lines of "why the fuck did they kill her"; so blunt, so town). I'm p sure you live by me and would be happy to see you if we ever get minimeets in this area going again

Cheetory- You were definitely one of my favorite people to play mafia with. I'm thankful to you for carrying the team in that one game, but my favorite memories of your are from some passionate outbursts in your town games. I think you are good at projecting town regardless of your alignment + getting correct townreads on mislynchable people and sticking to your guns with them. I'm glad you brought Codenames, and I was a little bummed to never be on your team because I thought your approach to it was p clever. I think you're a really cool person in general, to the point that I felt shy trying to start conversations with you, but hope to continue to see you around the site and stuff :]

Chevre- I'm really glad that you enjoyed the meet as much as you did. I remember going into my first one I was super shy and anxious about everything, so from your posts ITT pre-meet I felt like I could relate to you and was glad that you ended up at our place. I really liked your approach to Mysterium and wish I'd listened to you more (or that people let you get a better view of the cards earlier some of the time). I enjoyed doing the escape room with you a lot too and was really impressed with how quickly you caught onto things. You messing with me in the Shadow Hunters game Shea dealt incorrectly is also a p funny memory. Glad to have met you; you're really clever, nice and fun to be around.

DeathNote- Thanks for the work you put into a really creative, unforgettable game. As much time as it took to deal with note passing and stuff, I really enjoyed that mechanic as an otherwise VT. I think that your other modded setup I played was clever and I'm sorry I made it play out weirdly by being obvscum. iirc your LLD bus in masons+mafia was p solid (got you to endgame) but that you just got rly unlucky with nightkills. Was p funny that you kept jokingly trying to talk Faraday into replacing into games for you imo

dramonic- I like your sense of humor and thought you played quite well in DeathNote's game + that 15p game when you were scum!

Empire- you're a funny dude and a good friend. someday I hope you are no longer mentally scarred by team mafia and all the jobs you hate lmao. you're def most improved for mysterium & mafia de Cuba ( :( at you not being able to believe I would actually wanna ally with you!!) wp and thx for nightkilling me before I had further opportunity to embarrass myself with my bad reads in that great scum game of yours, tho I like to believe I'd have gotten paranoid eventually. funny in hindsight that we had a long conversation that consisted of me "uhhh are you sure this townie is town" "yeah they did this super townie thing also i know who the cop is." at least I insta-vigged you in the other one.

Ether- I enjoyed the little conversations we had throughout the meet and wish I'd gone on the girls trip to Starbucks since I didn't see you a ton. I'm impressed with you for managing to cook/eat fairly well despite how full+crazy the houses were!

Faraday- Image

Gamma- I'm glad you still made it even though no other commune people did. Since Reckoning III I've always thought of you as really chill and fun. Thanks for introducing me to Mafia de Cuba and for suffering through being our mysterium ghost. You and Faraday had some pretty hilarious mind melds in various games and conversations. I also remember enjoying your perspective on forum mafia/current site meta. :b

GreyICE- praise Jesus!! You're really nice and I had a lot of fun on your Codenames team and playing other board games with you. You were not at all how I expected in mafia games considering your forum play, but it was great playing with you (and great to watch you as a Jester.) Do let me know about board game stuff in our area because I'd def do my best to make it.

hiplop- I got along with you a lot better in f2f mafia than in our one completed forum game :b. Your antics in mafia games with Faraday, d1 tunnels, and with instantly identifying GreyICE as jester were really great. The game where we were masons was one of my favorites, and I think you did well at smoothly checking in with Axxle and I without making a connection between any of us obvious. How you played out cosmic encounter was amusing (though I felt bad that you ended up getting kinda shafted and not getting to take a turn considering it was your first game). Thanks for the fun memories and see ya on discord when I get a new computer.

hitogoroshi- I'm sorry we didn't get to play Mysterium but I did really enjoy talking to you Saturday night because you're so funny and intelligent. The setup you revealed to us was really really hilarious (though if that means you can't use it now then that's a shame.) Didn't get a chance to check out the comedians you mentioned because I was sick but if you have recommendations in my area lmk. Thanks for helping to get us organized and I hope you're having an awesome time in Estonia.

Iecerint- You've always been one of my favorite people at meets so I'm glad it worked out that you could make it :] You're incredibly brilliant and funny, and I really appreciate that you're super nice and friendly to me. Gamesolving with you in Mafia de Cuba when you were too drunk to try anything other than being Godfather-aligned is a fun memory even though I fucked up, as was mafia & being Codenames teammates.

Llamarble- Thank you so much for hosting two thirds of the main meet days and letting a few of us stop by Monday afternoon. This meet really could not have worked out without you. Our win in Betrayal was p great. Don't think we ever read each other very well in mafia (meant to sit by you at some stage to try and change that, but alas) but I think you have an interesting playstyle, kinda enigmatic and confident and definitely a good listener. It was lovely to meet Willie as well!

LLD- I liked meeting you in Miami but I definitely think Keith brings out the best in you. I've a lot of enjoyable memories with you in mafia games and two rooms. I admire your often incredible intuition and how smart you are, and I'm sorry for dropping the ball in a couple of mafia games after you inevitably died early!

Magua- Was cool to meet you and unfortunate you couldn't attend mre of it. I enjoyed Exploding Kittens but wish I'd played something a little more strategic with you all cuz I'd have liked to see how you approached it. :]

Mala- I nagged you so much about going to the point that I was starting to feel guilty about it. but I wanted you to super badly and I'm so happy it worked out! Will catch up with you more when you're done studying. Sorry the weather was bad so we didn't go to the Chicago PD set but I loved hanging out with you when we did get the chance. Our one on one chats were great :] It's funny that you said you liked playing with me even when we were opposite alignments cuz that basically always resulted in me getting burnt. Discussing reads in games was always p fun and at least the people that could hear us would correctly townread us for it :b. I appreciate you for taking a mason bullet for me. Definitely should not have brought you to my SK endgame (not that I actually meant to!) >; p.s. it is ok that you mispronounce my username

MathBlade- It was a surprise that you came but was fun to meet someone I know offsite. Sorry my names are confusing to you :b and I hope my face to face experience with you helps me read you if we ever play mafia again. Seeing you made me nostalgic for Are You A Werewolf 2 haha

Mina- I'm a little bummed we didn't actually hang out more (sry I skipped the coffee quest; I forgot that my immune system doesn't like beer and felt super bleh on Sunday, though that whole saga was really...something) but I'm ok with it because I feel pretty confident our paths will cross again eventually. I'm glad that you calling me a drug dealer repeatedly in a train station didn't get me into trouble lmao. I think your dynamic with that guy who follows you around is really funny! Thanks for organizing/including me in the Westeros minimeet :] gj being good scum in DeathNote's game

Nacho- I'm sorry that Mina bullied you! You're hilarious and I'm disappointed I didn't get to witness your f2f mafia play, esp considering your role. Listening to your perspective on forum mafia was cool though, and I had a great time doing trivia :] I definitely get why everyone was super excited upon your arrival and feel like a cool kid for getting to hang out with you quite a bit, relatively

PA- Really bummed I didn't get to meet you. I'm kinda honored that I IC'd newbie!you and have always had a soft spot for you. Take care and I hope the wedding and house-buying stress is as minimal as can be.

pablito- At some point someone asked me who my favorite new person that I met was, and while I'm not sure I actually have an answer to that, the first name that came to mind was yours. Sad as you getting rekt in Shadow Hunters was, it was also p funny. My conversations with you in the, like, two game days of mafia we managed to both be in were highlights of them. I was also super stressed about taking public transit at 3:30am with a dead phone and only one other person and you really helped out. I'm glad somewhat unfortunate circumstances made it so that you were actually able to come and hope to see you around the site.

Piegirl- It was cool seeing you come out of your shell in mafia games more and more as the meet went on, and I think you were a strong player in a lot of your endgames. I wish I'd gotten to hang with you more in a non-mafia context because you seem sweet and I'd like to get to know you :]

Save the Dragons- It was cool to put a name with a face as I vaguely follow mish mash/Survivor stuff but it's too bad we didn't talk much. In Mafia de Cuba I liked being able to count on you wanting to be godfather-aligned. Also thought it was cool that you rolled L and were able to have a big impact on that game + read Ceph well (you two are cute btw)

Shea- Thanks so much for your generosity and your efforts in getting this to work out, seriously. And for your willingness to annoy people you still have to live with for a bit on our behalf.) And for neglecting sleep to try to code an app to vastly improve our game quality even though it ended up not working out. I like playing mafia with you (you definitely keep games interesting) even tho I get the sense the feeling isn't mutual :b. I'm glad we're better people than when we first interacted on MS and that I've come around to liking you. I'm also glad I got to meet Jess via you; she's cool.

SleepyKrew- ;_; I mislynched you in my first game with you and then in DeathNote's game immediately sent you a note that basically said "I think all the remaining scum in this game are town." You must think I'm the worst. Felt bad that you slept super uncomfortably! I also felt bad that you kept getting sent on weird errands that no one else was willing to do when it was super cold and rainy and you were really confused, but it was p funny to witness. Was really cool getting to meet you after being friends for so long (sorry I didn't make it to Karaoke because I didn't see much of you Sunday @ all sadly), and I enjoyed your commentary on some of the games I was playing Friday night. also heard that you trolled DN's game pretty amazingly after I died, gj buddy :b

Syryana- Out of everyone that went I think I knew the least about you prior to the meet. You were really fun to play mafia with and on our CVS outting. I think you had good reads and did pretty well at moving around to get a sense of different people's games stances. Was sorry to hear that you had really bad luck with flights for this trip, but I'm glad you made it + made it home. Poke me if you play a forum game any time soon because you seem like you'd be fun to play with.

Tammy- I'm really glad that I got to meet you not at an airport and that I got to meet Mr. Waffles :b. Too bad that I didn't see more of you since you were busy grading, and that we weren't able to play mafia together. It's always surprisingly fun listening to you passionately recall mafia games I've never read, and I enjoyed that at the bar/restaurant. Our trivia night was one of my favorite memories of Chicago. Take care <3

Titus- It was cool to see you here since I couldn't make your meet. Sorry for the mis-vig; I was paranoid you were manipulating the couch that game! The triple-watcher-claim disaster is a great memory (good on you for trying! at least it got me lynched first). Hope ya stick around on dlp since I'm meaning to get a game in there and it's weird to me that I've still never actually played with you
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog

Return to “General Discussion”