Newbie 1673: University of Mafiascum Class 108 - D4- OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Post by Extrapolated Eagle »

Hmm. Ok, I see what everyone says is me misrepresenting.

Here's how I saw it (and I guess what I was trying to say):
1. Drixx votes (later says for reactions)
2. Drixx talks to that one person about how to play
3. Lots of stuff happens between one and two like reactions and stuff that could present reads - drixx talks about none of this
4. I pressure Drixx to share reads and input into thread and stuff
5. Drixx votes me and says he has his reactions (or something like that)

Still doesn't share or really take part in posting of content. Right now all he's done is talk about how I'm scum and 1 and 2 when there are definitely a lot of things that need to be commented on and stuff.

So i guess this is what I'm trying (was trying) to say:

Driscoll votes me after I ask him to take part in thread and hen doesn't take part in thread. To me this is refusal to take part in thread. Perhaps the wya I worded was confusing. I do that a lot too. I apologize for confusion.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 75, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Hmm. Ok, I see what everyone says is me misrepresenting.

Here's how I saw it (and I guess what I was trying to say):
1. Drixx votes (later says for reactions)
2. Drixx talks to that one person about how to play
3. Lots of stuff happens between one and two like reactions and stuff that could present reads - drixx talks about none of this
4. I pressure Drixx to share reads and input into thread and stuff
5. Drixx votes me and says he has his reactions (or something like that)

Still doesn't share or really take part in posting of content. Right now all he's done is talk about how I'm scum and 1 and 2 when there are definitely a lot of things that need to be commented on and stuff.

So i guess this is what I'm trying (was trying) to say:

Driscoll votes me after I ask him to take part in thread and hen doesn't take part in thread. To me this is refusal to take part in thread. Perhaps the wya I worded was confusing. I do that a lot too. I apologize for confusion.

...smh thats backtracking.

Please answer my question from earlier
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:09 pm

In post 74, N e s s wrote:
So, whats your opinion of him then? Town or Scum?

Also, why?

I have light scum reads on drixx and kahlan. For reasons already stated.

PEdit: how is restating for clarification backtracking? I'm saying the exact same thing I said earlier.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:14 pm

Post by N e s s »

You were putting words in his mouth then you used an excuse to try and clear it up literally right after i voted for you.

Also...why would you even be suspicious of Kahlan? He hasn't exactly contributed to anything...so he's done basically nothing.

Tell me, why are you so keen on asking people so many questions?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Post by N e s s »

Even if you were telling the truth with that excuse, you've been going all Gung ho on asking people questions...these questions of yours are leading to basically no where.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by N e s s »

and you're gone when i asked a question, oh well.

next time you're on answer me.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:26 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

Although I disagree with , I like the post. I would also be suspicious of someone who's trying to drive you to L-1 early in the day. But this site seems to be the one where people drive others to L-1 to get reaction or claim so it's probably not a lack of confidence but more of over confidence.

Also I am fine with .
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:27 pm

In post 78, N e s s wrote:You were putting words in his mouth then you used an excuse to try and clear it up literally right after i voted for you.

Also...why would you even be suspicious of Kahlan? He hasn't exactly contributed to anything...so he's done basically nothing.

Tell me, why are you so keen on asking people so many questions?

In post 79, N e s s wrote:Even if you were telling the truth with that excuse, you've been going all Gung ho on asking people questions...these questions of yours are leading to basically no where.

Ummm... Are we reading the same thread?

It wasn't an excuse. I said what I meant again in a different way.

Kahlan has done quite a few things, actually.

You confuse me. Why wouldn't you ask a bunch of questions? I'm pushing people for reads. Do you have strong reads on people right now? I certainly don't. I'm not sure of anyone. But I certainly plan to get there, and it's not going to happen (imo) if you just sit and lurk and watch the game move by you. I'm (trying ) pushing people out of their comfort zone so I can read them where their posts are conjured or rethought over or rewritten to hide their true intentions. I like to read emotions because emotions can help someone find out of they're telling the truth or not. And when people aren't out of their comfort zones they can fake things really well.

So, that's why I'm asking questions - it's a big way that I generate readable content so I can tell who people are. Especially when people react to other people. Like you and drixx are less likely to be a scum team together, IMO, since you are the first one to call him out for his scummy play.

And drixx might be a scum buddy with kahlan because she sort of buddies him and he sort of buddies her when he teaches her, but I doubt it because I don't think drixx would want to try to strongarm his way through a newbie game. So one of them is likely town and the other is likely scum, in my book at this moment in time. If I had not asked the questions I had asked and pushed the people I'd pushed I wouldn't be here now. We might still be voting random people and making up random reasons for it.

So that's why I ask questions and play the way I do. It might not be optimal, but I like it and while I often got lynched day 1 on the other site I played on for it, town often won the game in the end.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:32 pm

In post 80, N e s s wrote:and you're gone when i asked a question, oh well.

next time you're on answer me.

Sorry phone posting so responses aren't super fast.
In post 81, newbieinmafia wrote:Although I disagree with , I like the post. I would also be suspicious of someone who's trying to drive you to L-1 early in the day. But this site seems to be the one where people drive others to L-1 to get reaction or claim so it's probably not a lack of confidence but more of over confidence.

Also I am fine with .

the way I read it he was first saying "you're scum for sure" and then following up with "I can't read you so let's push to L-1 so I can read you"
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 83, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:the way I read it he was first saying "you're scum for sure" and then following up with "I can't read you so let's push to L-1 so I can read you"

We are gonna have to agree to disagree on it because I find it more as him trying to get reaction to further confirm his reads.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:40 pm

Post by Workdawg »

Holy cow.

I get back from vacation to see that this game is just starting so I confirm... and now this. I've been up for a long time travelling, so I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around all of this, but since things are going down I want to chime in. I'll reread sometime tomorrow when I'm less tired but here are my general impressions so far.

First and foremost:
EE is at L-1, PLEASE DO NOT HAMMER HIM THIS EARLY IN THE DAY
We'll lose a ton of time and content that we can use to find scum. Even if he were to flip scum, we'll likely have no idea who his partner would be. If he is scum, he can flail around more and maybe he'll reveal something we can use to find his partner.

EE vs Kahlan.... woah. It seemed to me like a bit of a misunderstanding with the confusion about acronyms and whatnot, but EE seems to almost be trying to make things sound scummy when I'm not sure they are. That's scummy by itself, so I'm generally getting a scum read on him for that.
FOS: EE, but since he is already L-1, I am not willing to hammer him and lose all the time we have left today.

Drixx vs EE... Pretty unsure about this one. I can't really get into the details right now, but Drixx's behavior so early in this game is rubbing me the wrong way as well. I don't know exactly what to think about this. One thing that bothers me about Drixx is that some of his tells seem to be above my head a little bit, even as an SE player. "Reaction tests" and whatnot that make him seem very confident in their results, and I just don't really see it. I'm not saying he's wrong about whether things are tells or not, he seems to have MUCH more experience than me, I just can't wrap my head around his logic sometimes.

Overall, I really like where we are going so far because there is a lot of content to analyze right now. However, I really think we need to make sure that we hear from some of the lurkers as well before we lynch someone. In a game like this, it's VERY easy for scum to hide out and let town tear each other apart. Especially in a game as active as this one has been. Just look at the post count so far:

EE: 23
Kahlan: 18
Drixx: 11
Ness: 10
usted: 6
newbieinmafia: 4
TheDominator: 2
Workdawg: 1

That INCLUDES confirming posts. Less than half the players in the thread barely have posted more than a confirm/RVS post. One player hasn't even confirmed yet (I don't think).

Looking at the group of lurkers, I do find it suspicious that TheDominator put the 3rd vote on EE while he was supposed to be on V/LA. Makes me wonder if he isn't following a scum partner in either Kahlen or Drixx to help get the bandwagon going, but also appear innocent by way of absence.

VOTE: TheDom

Even if he is V/LA, votes are one of town's greatest tools and I won't let mine go to waste voting for no one.

pedit: This post is current as of somewhere around post 75 now. I keep writing things, hitting preview and seeing that more people are posting. I really have to go to bed now though, so I'll catch up tomorrow.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:42 pm

In post 84, newbieinmafia wrote:
In post 83, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:the way I read it he was first saying "you're scum for sure" and then following up with "I can't read you so let's push to L-1 so I can read you"

We are gonna have to agree to disagree on it because I find it more as him trying to get reaction to further confirm his reads.

Ok. What do you think of kahlan and that whole interaction?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 85, Workdawg wrote:Holy cow.

I get back from vacation to see that this game is just starting so I confirm... and now this. I've been up for a long time travelling, so I'm having a tough time wrapping my head around all of this, but since things are going down I want to chime in. I'll reread sometime tomorrow when I'm less tired but here are my general impressions so far.

First and foremost:
EE is at L-1, PLEASE DO NOT HAMMER HIM THIS EARLY IN THE DAY
We'll lose a ton of time and content that we can use to find scum. Even if he were to flip scum, we'll likely have no idea who his partner would be. If he is scum, he can flail around more and maybe he'll reveal something we can use to find his partner.

EE vs Kahlan.... woah. It seemed to me like a bit of a misunderstanding with the confusion about acronyms and whatnot, but EE seems to almost be trying to make things sound scummy when I'm not sure they are. That's scummy by itself, so I'm generally getting a scum read on him for that.
FOS: EE, but since he is already L-1, I am not willing to hammer him and lose all the time we have left today.

Drixx vs EE... Pretty unsure about this one. I can't really get into the details right now, but Drixx's behavior so early in this game is rubbing me the wrong way as well. I don't know exactly what to think about this. One thing that bothers me about Drixx is that some of his tells seem to be above my head a little bit, even as an SE player. "Reaction tests" and whatnot that make him seem very confident in their results, and I just don't really see it. I'm not saying he's wrong about whether things are tells or not, he seems to have MUCH more experience than me, I just can't wrap my head around his logic sometimes.

Overall, I really like where we are going so far because there is a lot of content to analyze right now. However, I really think we need to make sure that we hear from some of the lurkers as well before we lynch someone. In a game like this, it's VERY easy for scum to hide out and let town tear each other apart. Especially in a game as active as this one has been. Just look at the post count so far:

EE: 23
Kahlan: 18
Drixx: 11
Ness: 10
usted: 6
newbieinmafia: 4
TheDominator: 2
Workdawg: 1

That INCLUDES confirming posts. Less than half the players in the thread barely have posted more than a confirm/RVS post. One player hasn't even confirmed yet (I don't think).

Looking at the group of lurkers, I do find it suspicious that TheDominator put the 3rd vote on EE while he was supposed to be on V/LA. Makes me wonder if he isn't following a scum partner in either Kahlen or Drixx to help get the bandwagon going, but also appear innocent by way of absence.

VOTE: TheDom

Even if he is V/LA, votes are one of town's greatest tools and I won't let mine go to waste voting for no one.

pedit: This post is current as of somewhere around post 75 now. I keep writing things, hitting preview and seeing that more people are posting. I really have to go to bed now though, so I'll catch up tomorrow.

Couldn't have said it better about EE myself.

Also, EE your acting really odd. FoS EE.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 86, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Ok. What do you think of kahlan and that whole interaction?

I find Kahlan null. I find her a bit iffy(?) in the beginning but as I read more, I think she was just trying to get use to how things are around here.
Do you mean the interaction between you and her or her and Drixx?
You and her: I think you are being overzealous. Some of the things you accused her of doing, she never said it and I don't see her implying it. I have posted an example in my first post:
Her and Drixx: they don't seem like a scum team because she probably would have ask her questions in mafia PT.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:58 pm

I like workdawgs post.

Ness confuses me. I think theres being on different pages, and then unthinkable there's being in different books, and then I think there's where ness and I are. I have no idea why on earth she's getting at. Sooo... Ok.

@newbie (is there a better way to shorten your name?) Ok I see why you're saying. Right now I really disagree, but I might be misinterpreting things. I do that a lot when I get my hands dirty at the beginning of the game, so I'll go back and look at it again with fresh eyes tomorrow that aren't as emotionally invested in the thread.
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:02 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

You can shorten it however you want or even get a different nickname as long as I can tell you are talking to me or about me.

I also like workdawg's post. nothing pops out at me yet.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:07 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 89, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I like workdawgs post.

Ness confuses me. I think theres being on different pages, and then unthinkable there's being in different books, and then I think there's where ness and I are. I have no idea why on earth she's getting at. Sooo... Ok.

@newbie (is there a better way to shorten your name?) Ok I see why you're saying. Right now I really disagree, but I might be misinterpreting things. I do that a lot when I get my hands dirty at the beginning of the game, so I'll go back and look at it again with fresh eyes tomorrow that aren't as emotionally invested in the thread.

1.I'm a dude
2.I am on the same page as you.
3.You're acting like nothing is a big deal, yet you're trying to get answers out of people?

Yeah, i get that asking questions is good. But heres the thing about you.

A)You make things look scummy when they aren't
B)The questions you ask lead to nowhere and don't exactly lead to the progression of finding out roles.

So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:14 pm

In post 91, N e s s wrote:
In post 89, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:I like workdawgs post.

1.I'm a dude
2.I am on the same page as you.
3.You're acting like nothing is a big deal, yet you're trying to get answers out of people?

Yeah, i get that asking questions is good. But heres the thing about you.

A)You make things look scummy when they aren't
B)The questions you ask lead to nowhere and don't exactly lead to the progression of finding out roles.

So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.

Nope. Not on the same page at all. I don't understand what you're getting at and it's quite apparent you don't understand what I'm getting at.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by N e s s »

So you're saying i'm completely wrong about you cherry picking Drixx?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 pm

Post by N e s s »

And that your questions aren't leading to any sort of progression?
Extrapolated Eagle
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Extrapolated Eagle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:21 pm

Also scummy = subjective. Different people will see different things as scummy based on previous experiences. Like newbie probably doesn't think it's very scummy to fos someone during rvs. That's scummy to me. It looks like someone is afraid to take a stance on someone and on the other site I played on Wed lynch you fast for that business. Idk. But your going to have to get used to playing with people who think and play different than you, bud. Because it's not acceptable to just go around telling people that their playstyle is wrong.

Pedit: yes. I didn't cherry pick drixx. I responded to just about every one of his posts, barring the one where he talks to kahlan about how to play which was irrelevant to alignment, IMO. How is that cherry picking?

My questions push my reads my way. If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Post by N e s s »

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also scummy = subjective. Different people will see different things as scummy based on previous experiences. Like newbie probably doesn't think it's very scummy to fos someone during rvs. That's scummy to me. It looks like someone is afraid to take a stance on someone and on the other site I played on Wed lynch you fast for that business. Idk. But your going to have to get used to playing with people who think and play different than you, bud. Because it's not acceptable to just go around telling people that their playstyle is wrong.

Pedit: yes. I didn't cherry pick drixx. I responded to just about every one of his posts, barring the one where he talks to kahlan about how to play which was irrelevant to alignment, IMO. How is that cherry picking?

My questions push my reads my way. If you've got a problem with that, replace out or get over it. You can't have a solid flow of questions and thoughts that lead somewhere if you don't have somewhere to start and it's really foolish to just progressively push one person all game long.

Mmm i see

yeah, where did all of this come from?

Might i remind you of this?

Yes. And that was noted. It has also been noted that you have nothing to say as far as actual reads are concerned, as I stated before. I do not see how pushing you to share your thoughts on the current game state is scummy, but now that you have clearly stated you have no intention in sharing those things and contributing to the thread except to discourage people from interacting with your IIoA (information over analysis) I have a scum read on you as well.

FoS Drixx

I would still like you to interact with the thread and share your thoughts instead of just chatting about theory and how you will help us with it, however. The other one might not be scum and interactions help me find your scum buddy.

You even self ADMITTED that you were misinterpreting him, lets see here.

There is litterally no counter argument. Plus, when did i ever say your playstyle is trashy?
newbieinmafia
newbieinmafia
Goon
newbieinmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Post by newbieinmafia »

In post 91, N e s s wrote:So, are you scum? Probably, but lynching you isn't going to give us any information as to who the other mafia is. That, or you're just a clueless townie with nothing to do.

Why not? If we look at the interactions again later, we might find something.

@EE - I am pretty sure that we are out of RVS by the time I first posted. I never said anyone's playstyle is wrong though and I am keeping an open mind about things that others may find differently. I only posted what I thought; either I agree or disagree, there is nothing wrong with that.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Post by Kahlan »

In post 95, Extrapolated Eagle wrote:Also scummy = subjective. Different people will see different things as scummy based on previous experiences. Like newbie probably doesn't think it's very scummy to fos someone during rvs. That's scummy to me. It looks like someone is afraid to take a stance on someone and on the other site I played on Wed lynch you fast for that business. Idk. But your going to have to get used to playing with people who think and play different than you, bud. Because it's not acceptable to just go around telling people that their playstyle is wrong.

Why would you want to push reads your way?
N e s s
N e s s
Goon
N e s s
Goon
Goon

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Post by N e s s »

Also, i'm not "progressively pushing" you all game, its not even half way into day 1.

Your posts are you treating me like i'm a complete idiot to mafia, do you think this is my first game?

And shouldn't pushing be a part of mafia? i haven't done anything other then try to see your reaction. Thats called Scumhunting, i'm sure you're aware of it?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”