Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Open 623 (White Flag) - A Moment in Time (Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Drixx »

A Moment in Time

Open 623 by Drixx
Setup: White Flag

Welcome to A Moment in Time, an open mini utilizing the White Flag open setup linked above. As a bit of added fun on top of the game, vote counts and deaths will be accompanied by moments in time. You'll see what I mean.

Playerlist:

1.)
Ranger
AlwaysInnocent

2.)
pistachi0n
3.)
Droog
Viva La Gloria

4.)
Cerberus v666

5.)
Titus

6.)
KickAssAndGiggle
PhantomCobalt

7.)
SirCakez

8.)
Something_Smart

9.)
Extrapolated Eagle
Victor_Mortimer

10.)
Viva La Gloria
NotAnAlt

11.)
TheCow
12.)
Karnage
Yonom

13.)
Firebringer
RhazhBash

* = prod
Italics = Confirmed
Replacements will be noted with
Strikethrough

Spoiler: Still Making History (06/13)
1.) Ranger
2.) pistachi0n
4.) Cerberus v666
10.) Viva La Gloria
11.) TheCow
12.) Karnage

Spoiler: Frozen in time (dead) (7/13)
8.)
Something_Smart, Vanilla Townie
lynched on day one

3.)
Droog, Vanilla Townie
gunned down during night one

13.)
Firebringer, Vanilla Townie
lynched on day two

6.)
KickAssAndGiggle, Vanilla Townie
tickled to death during night two
5.)
Titus, Vanilla Townie
lynched on day three

9.)
Extrapolated Eagle, Vanilla Townie
plucked and intrapolated during night three

7.)
SirCakez, Vanilla Townie
lynched on day three

Spoiler: Forgotten Forever (Mod-killed) (0/13)
Let's have a good game and not go here.

Vote Counts:

1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8
2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8
3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
4.0, 4.1, 4.2

Game Events:

Day One:

Droog Replaces Viva La Gloria
Extrapolated Eagle replaces Victor_Mortimer
Firebringer replaces RhazhBash
Viva La Gloria replaces NotAnAlt
Something_Smart, Vanilla Townie, was lynched.

Day Two:

Droog, Vanilla Townie, was found dead in the morning
Karnage replaces Yonom
KickAssAndGiggle replaces PhantomCobalt
Firebringer, Vanilla Townie, was lynched.

Day Three:

KickAssAndGiggle, Vanilla Townie, was found dead in the morning
Titus, Vanilla Tonwie, was lynched.

Day Four:

Extrapolated Eagle, Vanilla Townie, was found dead in the morning
Ranger replaces AlwaysInnocent
SirCakez, Vanilla Townie, was lynched.

Setup and Sample Role PMs:

This game is utilizing the Open Setup
White Flag. This setup derives its name from the special
White Flag
mechanic. This mechanic means that the town wins when only one member of the Mafia team remains alive, as opposed to the traditional win condition of completely eliminating the entire Mafia team. You can read a brief bit about the mechanic here.

The setup is as follows:

Roles:

3 Mafia Goons
10 Vanilla Townies

Mechanics:
White Flag

Sample Role PMs:

Vanilla TownieWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Vanilla Townie.

Abilities:

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.

Win condition:

You win when only one Mafia Goon remains.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm you received your Role PM by replying to me with your Role, Alignment and confirmation that you understand the setup. Please also confirm that you have read and understand the rules, and will abide by them.

Mafia GoonWelcome, [Player Name], you are a
Mafia Goon,
along with [Player Name] and [Player Name].

Abilities:

- Factional Communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partners in the following PT: [PT Link]
- Factional Kill: Each night phase your faction may choose a player to kill. You may submit this kill either directly to me or via your factional PT. In the case of multiple kill submissions, I will use whichever was sent in last prior to the night timer expiring.

Win condition:

You win when all members of the town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm you received your Role PM by replying to me with your Role, Alignment and confirmation that you understand the setup. Please also confirm that you have read and understand the rules, and will abide by them.
Last edited by Drixx on Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:46 am, edited 54 times in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Drixx »

• GENERAL RULES
    (Borrowed from various folks and adjusted to my prefernces. No sense re-inventing the wheel).

1) All sitewide rules apply. Read them here
    2) Please treat this game as a commitment to the other players and to yourself to have fun. Be active and have a great game.
    3) You may not discuss this game anywhere outside the game thread unless specifically allowed by your role PM. In such case, a PT will be provided and you may not discuss your game outside the game thread and/or the PT.
    4) Be civil and treat other players with respect--attack the case, not the person. Mafia is a heated game, but I will interfere if anyone resorts to excessive insults, personal attacks, and bullying. There is a zero-tolerance policy against offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc.
    I prefer to keep my hands off, but if you cross the line, I will not hesitate to take action. Please do not force my hand.

4a.) If there is an ongoing violation of Rule #4, please contact me via PM instead of commenting in thread. I receive PM notifications to my phone and will respond as rapidly as possible.
    5)
    This nice Orange
    and
    It's Bolded Variant
    are my colors in this game.
    Bolded Pink
    is reserved also to highlight announcements and any changes to deadlines. Please do not use these colors. Any use of these colors or attempt to impersonate the mod may result in an immediately mod-kill.
    6) Quoting or pretending to quote your role PM, PTs, or private communications with the mod is strictly forbidden. Loose paraphrasing is permitted. If in doubt, check with me first.
    7) Punishment for breaking any of the rules here listed, or exploiting any loopholes may include a private or public warning, force replacement, modkill, or even blacklisting, at my discretion. You have been warned.
    8) If you have any minor questions or spot a vote count error please bold your question or concern in the thread addressing me (@ Mod). I will do my best to ensure things are smooth and there are no mistakes, but don't hesitate to say something if you catch a mistake.
    9) If you have outside information that influences your knowledge of the game, are aware of someone else having outside information, or have any reason to believe that the game has been compromised, it is your responsibility to inform the mod via PM immediately. The best policy is to be honest and let me handle the problem.
    10) Please also PM me for any other concerns not listed above.

VOTING/LYNCHING MECHANICS

11) For your vote or unvote to be counted, it must be completely bolded, and use the format Vote: PlayerName/Unvote: PlayerName or VOTE: : Playername/UNVOTE: Playername (capital letters and colon optional). Any other variation (such Hammer: PlayerName) will not be counted.

BBC CODES you can use (just type them the same way replacing PlayerName with the player of your choosing:

Code: Select all

[vote]PlayerName[/vote] or [v]PlayerName[/v] 

12) Votes for misspellings or acronyms of players' names (such as VOTE: Playrname or VOTE: PN) are valid as long as I can tell whom you intend to vote for. If I am not sure, I will not count the vote. You are not required to unvote before changing your vote. However, votes that are behind spoiler tags, in small or invisible text, or otherwise concealed are invalid.
    13) You may vote for a No Lynch using the voting parameters listed above.
    14) A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur wen 50% of the votes are cast for that option. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
    15) You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
    16) I will try to post a vote count at least every other page, or every 48 hours (whichever happens first). Vote Counts will be provided by player request as needed.

ACTIVITY AND DAY/NIGHT PHASES.

17) Days will have a deadline of (2) two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only in extreme circumstances, and will never exceed one (1) week of the total length of the day phase.
    18) Night phases will last for forty eight (48) hours.
    19) If a replacement is needed during a night phase, I will extend the night deadline until some time after a replacement is found, regardless of whether that slot has a night action.
    20) In order for night actions to be accepted, they must be PMd to the mod or posted in bold in scum PTs before the deadline is up. If multiple actions are submitted, I will use the latest one that was posted or sent prior to the deadline.
    21) Players will be prodded after forty-eight hours without posting. They may also request prods on other players so long that player has not posted for a reasonable amount of time. All prods will be announced in thread.
    22) Players who do not respond to a (non-player-requested) prod within twenty-four hours or need to be prodded too often will be replaced at the discretion of the mod.
    23) If you will be unable to post for over forty-eight hours, inform the mod by PM or in the thread of when you'll be V/LA. Assuming the V/LA period is of reasonable length, you will be exempt from prods during that time. All V/LA notifications will be made public by the mod.*
    24) Once you're dead, you may no longer post in thread.
    No 'bah' posts.

25)
    The Scum PT will be shared after the game. The scum team should bear this in mind.

Most importantly: let's have a great game!
Last edited by Drixx on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Drixx »

On this day in 1943, Adolf Hitler declared "Total War": to many historians this represents the seminal moment when the eventual fate of the Axis powers was sealed. Will this date prove as auspicious for our valiant town, or will the Mafia succeed with their declaration of "Total War"? The outcome is in your hands. That outcome, whatever it may be, is hidden away in some moment yet future in time.

Vote Count 1.0AlwaysInnocent {0} -
Cerberus v666 {0} -
NotAnAlt {0} -
PhantomCobalt {0} -
pistachi0n {0} -
RhazhBash {0} -
SirCakez {0} -
Something_Smart {0} -
TheCow {0} -
Titus {0} -
Victor_Mortimer {0} -
Viva La Gloria {0} -
Yonom {0} -

Not Voting (13): AlwaysInnocent, Cerberus v666, NotAnAlt, PhantomCobalt, pistachi0n, RhazhBash, SirCakez, Something_Smart, TheCow, Titus, Victor_Mortimer, Viva La Gloria, Yonom

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline is (expired on 2016-01-27 22:00:00) from now, or January 27th, 10:00 PM Eastern (GMT-5).

Viva La Gloria and Victor_Mortimer have (expired on 2016-01-15 14:00:00) to confirm before I begin searching for a replacement.

Prodding: N/A
Replacing: N/A

You may now begin. Remember that the point of this is to have fun; so let's have some fun!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

First!
VOTE: Cerberus
Die, dog of the devil.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 3, Something_Smart wrote:First!
VOTE: Cerberus
Die, dog of the devil.

Good choice. But I'm like, a robot dog. Not a devil dog. O.o
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Hello everyone!
VOTE: Something_Smart
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Titus »

VOTE: SS

To say hi, I am not you're IC anymore.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
NotAnAlt
NotAnAlt
Townie
NotAnAlt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by NotAnAlt »

I love your avatar, Titus

Question for everyone:
Given that this setup is white flag, what do you think of bussing in this game? Will scum do it? More importantly, would you do it if you were scum?
Moooooooooooo!
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

Hi.

VOTE: Yonom

I will not be using any associatives to scum-hunt this game.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:58 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Hi

VOTE: SirCakez because he's a furry weeb.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:11 am

Post by SirCakez »

Cerberus, why no RVS?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:13 am

In post 7, NotAnAlt wrote:I Question for everyone:
Given that this setup is white flag, what do you think of bussing in this game? Will scum do it? More importantly, would you do it if you were scum?

White Flag Gambit
Yeah, scum might do it. I probably wouldn't actively push my partner, since a successful bus puts you immediately on the verge of losing each day. But if my partner was going down for sure, I would try to play it naturally, which might include bussing.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:28 am

Post by RhazhBash »

In post 7, NotAnAlt wrote:I love your avatar, Titus

Question for everyone:

M8 if I were Mafia and it was down to 2 of us left I would definitely bus my partner. Bussing is a pro strategy.
PhantomCobalt
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
PhantomCobalt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:41 am

Post by PhantomCobalt »

In post 12, RhazhBash wrote:

Question for everyone:

M8 if I were Mafia and it was down to 2 of us left I would definitely bus my partner. Bussing is a pro strategy.

Not sure if sarcastic or /inned without reading setup and/or mechanics.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Question for everyone:

I loathe bussing, I feel it is inelegant and I prefer to win perfect games. With that said, scum might do it?

What I'm interested in though, is why you're going out of your way to make us especially aware of the bussing possibiity, especially in a game where the setup is named after such tactics. Usually when someone pushes someone elss, it's because they believe they're on opposite teams, but here you're kind of making it seem like a push on someone is just as likely to be a bus attempt as anything else.

Hmm. I don't like the way I phrased the last sentencex but I think you know what I mean.

In post 10, SirCakez wrote:Cerberus, why no RVS?

I don't vote unless I have a compelling reason to. RVS is dumb, and I also find D1 to be rather uninspiring. I work off hard data that is, flips and dayplay/nightplay when taken in conjunction with the flips we have, to determine which players have taken lines which make compelling arguments that the are scum/others are town, so they must be scum through PoE.

Barring a need to absolutely push a lynch through towards deadline, or someone outright contradicting themselves, it's unlikely you'll see me put a vote down today or develop a hard read on anyone.

Not impossible, mind you. Just unlikely.

-Cerb
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Yonom »

Good evening everyone.

VOTE: AlwaysInnocent Always innocent? I doubt that.

In post 7, NotAnAlt wrote:Given that this setup is white flag, what do you think of bussing in this game? Will scum do it?

I don't think the mafia are going to bus early in the game and it seems like a risky play with this setup. It just doesn't seem like a good strategy.

I can imagine a scum would try it if they are forced into defending themselves, it's always sweet to see how people react when they are put in panic :)
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Titus »

Ty. Ether made it for me.

NotanAlt, Strategy is wholly dependant on the board at the time. It's the abnormal strategies that catch scum. So, with all due respect, stop theory speccing. It's a waste of space in the thread and vote.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:01 am

Post by RhazhBash »

Best to just play the game naturally instead of planning out our strategies D1. If I don't know what I'm doing the Mafia surely can't counter my play.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Titus »

In post 17, RhazhBash wrote:Best to just play the game naturally instead of planning out our strategies D1. If I don't know what I'm doing the Mafia surely can't counter my play.

I think you're scum with SS. Discuss.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:14 am

Post by Yonom »

In post 18, Titus wrote:I think you're scum with SS. Discuss.

I think you're trying too hard to jump into conclusions.
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:15 am

Post by RhazhBash »

In post 18, Titus wrote:
In post 17, RhazhBash wrote:Best to just play the game naturally instead of planning out our strategies D1. If I don't know what I'm doing the Mafia surely can't counter my play.

I think you're wrong. Discuss.

Seriously I'm still in D1 shenanigans mode why are you looking into this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:16 am

In post 18, Titus wrote:

I think you're scum with Rhazh and you're distancing.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:17 am

Post by SirCakez »

Vote on SS is now serious.
Yonom
Yonom
Townie
Yonom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Yonom »

In post 21, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 18, Titus wrote:

I think you're scum with Rhazh and you're distancing.

I think you're scum with SS and Rhazh and you're all distancing. :D
RhazhBash
RhazhBash
Goon
RhazhBash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:19 am

Post by RhazhBash »

SS how exactly are you coming to that conclusion?

Return to “Completed Open Games”