NY 193 : Werewolf Mania (GAME OVER- TOWN WIN)

ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by ika »

Is the a problem?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Slight town points for Xkfyu. I like how he responded to Robster trying to get a wagon on me. Scum might worry about how a pile on might look @ this point. He just went "fuck it" and threw a vote down.

Then I don't really like how in the next few posts bebop and bluerose kind of ignore it and try to keep RVS going a bit longer. Bluerose looks a little worse cause bebop @ least acknowledged my wagon.

VOTE: TheBlueRose
Fraggernaut
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Fraggernaut
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Fraggernaut »

VC coming when I arrive home in this post

Will be coming on my lunch break sorry
GP:6 Town W/L (2-4) Mafia W/L (0-0)

Currently Playing: NY 194: GnR Mafia
Currently Modding: None
TheBlueRose
TheBlueRose
Goon
TheBlueRose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:24 am

Post by TheBlueRose »

Hadn't given it much though due to leaving for a prior engagement that evening. Other then the ones you have already stated, what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 27, SilverWolf wrote:VOTE: ika

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

In post 41, ika wrote:

While I agree JarJar sucks as a character, getting ika sorted is priority for me.

Obligatory OMGURA vote (omg you are awsome vote)

VOTE: silver

so we are sorting this ASAP too

Why are you two so interested in getting each other "sorted?"
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:45 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 53, TheBlueRose wrote:Hadn't given it much though due to leaving for a prior engagement that evening. Other then the ones you have already stated, what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?

Nobody on it seems too scummy to me. But if scum is on my wagon, I'd guess IAI. Just cause his vote on me seemed very non-confrontational. Robster and Snarks are trying to ruffle some feathers.

But this is another post of yours I don't like very much and it looks like fake-scumhunting to me.

"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.
Zulfy
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Zulfy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Zulfy »

In post 51, JarJarDrinks wrote: just went "fuck it" and threw a vote down.

+1
no investigation no right to speak
SilverWolf
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
SilverWolf
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 am

Post by SilverWolf »

In post 54, Xkfyu wrote:

In post 41, ika wrote:

Why not?

We have a hydra and have played together a lot so this is as good a place to start as any.
Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

I -of course- haven't yet formed an opinion on anyone. However, those who played with me before will know my golden rule: When in doubt; vote an inactive. We have 2 players who have yet to sign-in. Scum tend to this for one of two reasons: 1- wait till the game is progressing well to jump in and blend in with ease, OR 2- They don't like being scum so they opt-out and get replaced. Just saying.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 55, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 53, TheBlueRose wrote:Hadn't given it much though due to leaving for a prior engagement that evening. Other then the ones you have already stated, what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?

Nobody on it seems too scummy to me. But if scum is on my wagon, I'd guess IAI. Just cause his vote on me seemed very non-confrontational. Robster and Snarks are trying to ruffle some feathers.

But this is another post of yours I don't like very much and it looks like fake-scumhunting to me.

"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.

I was actually thinking the exact same thing, but wanted to see your response before commenting on it. He's basically asking you your thoughts so far on everyone in the game, which is an unreasonable request since not everyone has even posted yet.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:00 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 57, SilverWolf wrote:
In post 54, Xkfyu wrote:

In post 41, ika wrote:

Why not?

We have a hydra and have played together a lot so this is as good a place to start as any.

Fair enough.

Like I said earlier, I'm new to the site. I don't know anyone yet, so I have no idea who knows who and who has hydras and who doesn't.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:07 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 58, Almost50 wrote:I -of course- haven't yet formed an opinion on anyone. However, those who played with me before will know my golden rule: When in doubt; vote an inactive. We have 2 players who have yet to sign-in. Scum tend to this for one of two reasons: 1- wait till the game is progressing well to jump in and blend in with ease, OR 2- They don't like being scum so they opt-out and get replaced. Just saying.

People don't like being scum? Is that really a thing?

I guess it's just weird to me. The site that I normally play on is the exact opposite, and people rarely get replaced as scum. Admittedly though, it's not even a Mafia site. We just have a small (but pretty serious) Mafia community that has one game running, or about to start, at all times. So, I'm guessing the site metas between here and there are significantly different.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Xkfyu: Yes. I also play on another site and that isn't a problem there, but on MS I did notice many players dislike being scum. Some even state it explicitly (me included; although I'm not one to opt-out of a game after it has started).
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:14 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 58, Almost50 wrote:I -of course- haven't yet formed an opinion on anyone. However,
those who played with me before will know my golden rule
: When in doubt; vote an inactive. We have 2 players who have yet to sign-in. Scum tend to this for one of two reasons: 1- wait till the game is progressing well to jump in and blend in with ease, OR 2- They don't like being scum so they opt-out and get replaced. Just saying.

Agree w/ the sentiment but not a fan of the bolded. Reads too much like "Guys, this is totally my meta so don't go reading anything into it."
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

@JarJar: How would you have phrased it?? And why would you not read anything into it? And if you ignore the bolded, what WOULD you have read into it?
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 56, Zulfy wrote:
In post 51, JarJarDrinks wrote: just went "fuck it" and threw a vote down.

+1

Care to elaborate on that?
Ricastle
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Ricastle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Ricastle »

VOTE: Almost50

is bad shit.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:47 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 64, Almost50 wrote:@JarJar: How would you have phrased it?? And why would you not read anything into it? And if you ignore the bolded, what WOULD you have read into it?

"My golden rule is:" <---- If it was worded like that, I wouldn't have raised my eyebrow.

"Policy lynch Lurker" is something could make people scumread you. You saying "those who played with me before will know..." could be a way to cut off that line of thinking before it starts. Basically letting people know that what you're saying isn't alignment indicative.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 42, ika wrote:also nero being here is lol, last i heard he would not play a game with me

Meh. I wanted to play mafia and its getting hard to avoid you since you sign up for EVERYTHING. I don't think you really offer any redeeming qualities as town so if you so much as sneeze wrong and there's a large amount of heat on you I won't hesitate to PL you but I think you are fairly EZ to read b/c as scum you are going to sit there and do fuck nothing so you are prob town based on based on posting anything.

In post 55, JarJarDrinks wrote:"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.

I really don't agree giving that yo have already formed opinions of atleast 2 (or 3 if you count IAI) players.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

@JarJar: Actually; it IS alignment indicative (albeit a weak tell) especially in my case. If I was scum and knew there to be one of my associates in an inactive spot I would've -at least- waited a bit longer before I pointed it out. But your explanation makes perfect sense too.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 66, Ricastle wrote:64 is bad shit.

Yeah, but does it smell like town shit or scum shit?? :P

You see, it's a bit irritating to see "generalized" reasoning like that. I would've been alerted if I didn't see it being consistently done by many others. Still; I would prefer to see an explanation rather than "this post is so scummy" or "that post smells bad".

So, this is "bad shit" because ...?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:06 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 68, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 55, JarJarDrinks wrote:"what is your opinion on everyone else that is both on and off your wagon?" is such a garbage question this early into the game.

I really don't agree giving that yo have already formed opinions of atleast 2 (or 3 if you count IAI) players.

Right. I formed opinions on TWO or THREE players. He's asking for my opinion on EVERYONE ELSE. How could I possibly have an opinion on that many people?

Like I can understand asking about others ON the wagon. But on and OFF the wagon?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:08 am

Post by ika »

heh i would love to see nero try that PL on me. Espicaly after watching that metal gear game.

@xkyfu: silver already said it but we know each other form several games.

----

SILVER: any reads yet?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:11 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 71, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 68, Nero Cain wrote:

Right. I formed opinions on TWO or THREE players. He's asking for my opinion on EVERYONE ELSE. How could I possibly have an opinion on that many people?

Like I can understand asking about others ON the wagon. But on and OFF the wagon?

I agree with you. I think its weird that people are already asking what you think of everyone.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:18 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 69, Almost50 wrote:@JarJar: Actually; it IS alignment indicative (albeit a weak tell) especially in my case. If I was scum and knew there to be one of my associates in an inactive spot I would've -at least- waited a bit longer before I pointed it out. But your explanation makes perfect sense too.

Bad Bad post.

First off, telling us that his post IS alignment indicative. You don't get to give yourself townpoints dude.

Second, How in the world can it actually be alignment indicative when we have no idea if the inactives are scum? You seem to KNOW that you should be getting townpoints for recommending a policy lynch on scum.

Third, you say that if you were scum, you would have waited a bit longer. But why? If you were scum, wouldn't it make sense to do it earlier to "warn" ur buddy that he needs to start posting more? What does waiting gain you?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”