Micro 575: Twin Peak Neighborhoods Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cobblerfone
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Cobblerfone
I don't know
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: I don't know

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Cobblerfone »

With nine alive it takes five to lynch!

Votecount 1.5

RedCoyote -
Frozen Jeanne -
All In - Kahlan (L-4)
Kaboose -
lewarcher82 -
Some Random Mafia Player - RedCoyote (L-4)
RadiantCowbells - Some Random Mafia Player, Frozen Jeanne, ProHawk (L-2)
ProHawk - RadiantCowbells, All In (L-3)
Kahlan -

Not Voting - Kaboose, lewarcher82

Day One Deadline
(expired on 2016-02-15 16:30:00)
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Math. It's a bit more complicated than just maximizing odds of hitting scum vs maximizing payoff by aiming at largest pool. I simulated a graph of game states in case we always lynch from the larger pool: Π(_p1^pn) for each branch of the graph, and then summed endgames. Basing on these hypotheses: 1) random lynch, 2) always hit the larger pool, 3) in this setup scum would not nk on mylo; it turned out that the townwin outcomes would make up for 0.37, vs a 0.63 of scumwin scenarios...

Then I wondered if I should make the same graph for smaller poll, and for some mixed projections, and I decided that no, not worth it. All in all, I prefer lynching in the smaller poll and maximize the odds of hitting scum on D1 (which is what would make life easier in most scenarios). And regarding my reads so far, I think that both of the most active players - who engaged in discussing math and strategy - exposed themselves way too much for being scum, so at the moment I have townreads of All In and Radiant. I therefore put a vote on someone from the big poll who voted for one of my current townreads.

Vote: Frozen Jeanne
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:41 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

Oh, typo. In last post, I meant "on someone from the SMALL pool", obviously.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Some Random Mafia Player »

UNVOTE: VOTE: Kahlan

interested in why they voted all in.
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Kahlan »

I honestly think it doesn't matter which side we vote from. scum is scum and town is town right? so lets just find scum and skip all this math hoo-ha. I feel Radiant is acting pretty scummy...

Radiant doesn't really answer questions when asked or he gives lame answers and doesn't really explain himself. For example:
In post 40, RadiantCowbells wrote:because I am RC.

After he said that he didn't explain why. Even when asked multiple times by a few people. However after I asked he did give a response which was not a real answer.

In post 59, RadiantCowbells wrote:I wish I knew man.

He would have known a reason for what he said since he said the statement in the first place right? I dont know something just seems little amiss. Then he votes for prohawk for reasons I'm not really sure of yet (I'm still on the fence if prohawk is scum or not) because radiant is the one that wouldn't even answer prohawks questions. Which brings me to another reason. Radiant asks for content from Prohawk yet doesnt really supply his own content for why he voting for prohawk or any other content for that matter.

AllIn is acting scummy as well. He just want to have a lynching it seems like. @AllIn do you have any other reason beside prohawk being east town that you are voting for him? If he is town I dont think he really is scum hunting very well.

Then there is SomeRandomMafia He votes for radiant and hasnt really been post anything? lurking much?
Kahlan
Kahlan
Goon
Kahlan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Kahlan »

lol I was writing my post and didnt see that you had posted @SomeRandomMafia. My post should answer your post though. I feel he is just trying to lynch and not find scum. I think the sides dont need to be even in order to actually play this game but this is my second game so I might be off in my thinking. I think we as town need to team up and find scum with our question. People just need to learn how to answer questions being asked.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:25 am

Post by RedCoyote »

In post 104, Kahlan wrote:I honestly think it doesn't matter which side we vote from. scum is scum and town is town right? so lets just find scum and skip all this math hoo-ha.

It's best to keep this in mind, everyone. I appreciate Kahlan bringing this up because it's easy to lose perspective of our goal when we're trying to iron out the best strategy for success. Ultimately, we have to hit scum. That said, since there is scum in both neighborhoods, this debate was bound to happen, especially on D1.

I like lewarcher's first couple of posts, and I like Kahlan's posts above as well (although I disagree with her take on Radiant ... I think she's overthinking some of his posts). It's funny that lewarcher and Kahlan are basically seeing the game exactly opposite of one another if you look at the posts together and what they're arguing.

I'm still completely unimpressed with SRMP and think he's skating by on as little input as he think he can offer in an attempt to stay out of the limelight.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:29 am

Post by RedCoyote »

SRMP, why did you get off of the Radiant wagon?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:30 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 104, Kahlan wrote:I honestly think it doesn't matter which side we vote from. scum is scum and town is town right? so lets just find scum and skip all this math hoo-ha. I feel Radiant is acting pretty scummy...

Radiant doesn't really answer questions when asked or he gives lame answers and doesn't really explain himself. For example:

After he said that he didn't explain why. Even when asked multiple times by a few people. However after I asked he did give a response which was not a real answer.

He would have known a reason for what he said since he said the statement in the first place right? I dont know something just seems little amiss. Then he votes for prohawk for reasons I'm not really sure of yet (I'm still on the fence if prohawk is scum or not) because radiant is the one that wouldn't even answer prohawks questions. Which brings me to another reason. Radiant asks for content from Prohawk yet doesnt really supply his own content for why he voting for prohawk or any other content for that matter.

AllIn is acting scummy as well. He just want to have a lynching it seems like. @AllIn do you have any other reason beside prohawk being east town that you are voting for him? If he is town I dont think he really is scum hunting very well.

Then there is SomeRandomMafia He votes for radiant and hasnt really been post anything? lurking much?

This is pretty awful. Feels like she's just grasping for an excuse to jump on the biggest wagon.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 am

In post 107, RedCoyote wrote:SRMP, why did you get off of the Radiant wagon?

RVS vote at time I put it down.

Will see if its worth putting back on.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:45 am

In post 104, Kahlan wrote:Radiant doesn't really answer questions when asked or he gives lame answers and doesn't really explain himself. For example:
In post 40, RadiantCowbells wrote:
because I am RC.

In post 59, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I wish I knew man.

He would have known a reason for what he said since he said the statement in the first place right?

He said he gets killed always n1 because hes RC, he doesent know why he gets killed due to being RC, but the whole thing isent alignment indicative imo.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:50 am

In post 108, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 104, Kahlan wrote:I honestly think it doesn't matter which side we vote from. scum is scum and town is town right? so lets just find scum and skip all this math hoo-ha. I feel Radiant is acting pretty scummy...

This is pretty awful. Feels like she's just grasping for an excuse to jump on the biggest wagon.

The thing is, he is mostly right so it is not an excuse and you can't write it off as one. You have not produced any game-related content (just speculation on which side we should lynch on which is useless) and you never explained your reasoning for lynching prohawk.

VOTE: radiantcowbells

not a rvs vote anymore.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:04 am

I'm not even dignifying that with a response.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:07 am

In post 112, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'm not even dignifying that with a response.

still not content.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:12 am

since when is my content or lack thereof alignment indicative?
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:13 am

In post 114, RadiantCowbells wrote:since when is my content or lack thereof alignment indicative?

not posting content is never alignment indicative, and you always post some content...
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:13 am

In post 115, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:
In post 114, RadiantCowbells wrote:since when is my content or lack thereof alignment indicative?

not posting content is never alignment indicative, and you always post some content...

to clarify, mostly you dont post any content, but you always at least post something worthwhile, I havent seen anything worthwhile.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:15 am

I strongly suspect that the wagon on me is being jumped on by scum.
Hence, my Prohawk vote. Hence, my FoS on Kahlan.
I think Kahlan's reasoning (which she actually gave unlike prohawk) is extremely weak and scummy.
Get more people posting more and you'll get more from me.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:19 am

In post 117, RadiantCowbells wrote:I think Kahlan's reasoning (which she actually gave unlike prohawk) is extremely weak and scummy.

but it isent weak, its correct.
Kaboose
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Kaboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Kaboose »

In post 103, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: Kahlan

interested in why they voted all in.

103 unvotes RC..

Between 104-108 gets asked about why they unvoted, which they respond with:

In post 109, Some Random Mafia Player wrote:RVS vote at time I put it down.

Will see if its worth putting back on.

Then proceeds to pick out a post not by RC, and then puts the vote back on in 111...

Like that seems manufactured. Hardly built any case on RC but once someone asked about why they weren't voting RC they create content and slap a vote on. I don't like how that all went down.

VOTE: SRMP
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:21 am

No, it really isn't.

I know experientially that I get NKed a ridiculous proportion of games; even when I've claimed VT and scum needs to kill the cop (that game's technically over now), even when my reads are piss wrong and I'm defending scum (open 615), hell, of the like 5 larges I've played I've been night killed by TWO scum factions in the same night in TWO DIFFERENT GAMES.

I don't know WHY people are terrified of my solid but not super impressive town play. I have good games and bad games, nothing justifies the rate of N1ing that I've experienced.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:26 am

In post 119, Kaboose wrote:Hardly built any case on RC but once someone asked about why they weren't voting RC they create content and slap a vote on. I don't like how that all went down.

I saw the case on RC, believed they had a good case, and threw a vote down.
Some Random Mafia Player
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Some Random Mafia Player
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:27 am

In post 120, RadiantCowbells wrote:No, it really isn't.

I know experientially that I get NKed a ridiculous proportion of games; even when I've claimed VT and scum needs to kill the cop (that game's technically over now), even when my reads are piss wrong and I'm defending scum (open 615), hell, of the like 5 larges I've played I've been night killed by TWO scum factions in the same night in TWO DIFFERENT GAMES.

I don't know WHY people are terrified of my solid but not super impressive town play. I have good games and bad games, nothing justifies the rate of N1ing that I've experienced.

I should have clarified, the first bit about the nightkills I dident agree with and I objected to, the rest I did agree with.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:30 am

Well, the rest is just laziness.

When Frozen and Jeanne show up and start posting more I'll be more inclined to generate discussion.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:23 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Well my reads are basically the opposite of yours (except for SRM, on whom I don't have a read, yet). Let me ask you: according to what you wrote, would you consider it likely that SomeRandomMafia and AllIn could be both scum? If so, why? If not, why?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”