Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 13, vonflare wrote:
Junkrat

Insane
- each night, you will hear voices.
Spoiler: I'm fine. I'm totally fine.

This makes me so sad. I wanted my ability to be good, and I wanted to be able to use it to screw with town, but the serial killer was getting it. Vonflare, Widow's Whispers was super cool. I want to play around with the idea of it more in the future.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:50 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 75, Foxbird wrote:RIP.
I'm so sorry, podo :(

This would have worked if I hadn't deflected towards the third party.. D:
I think you played a great game, Fox. I think we both did pretty well. We got boxed into a corner when town was refusing to start any wagons, then just threw a dart at the wall and picked you. I think if Junkrat hadn't
RANDOMLY
killed me, and you hadn't deflected toward the one remaining non-town, this game could have been pretty good for us. I hope they don't see through his ruse, because town's game was not fantastic, and if they buy his claim, he deserves to win.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:07 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3, vonflare wrote:
D. Va

Passive Ailities:
Mech
- If you die, you will return to life. If the death that caused this is dealt by the mafia faction, you will join them as a traitor. This ability will still trigger even if you are roleblocked or it was a strongman kill.
This ability is interesting, but I feel like it's not accomplishing the goal it was supposed to. You saw how it played out this game, where she essentially just got to pick to be town, which means it can't really count as negative town utility, and can really offset balance.

The way I've seen this work before is a player is passive one-shot deathproof from the factional mafia kill. When that deathproof is used up, they become a mafia goon. The mafia isn't informed of the change in alignment until the next night, when the converted player is now on their team.

This way, if the player is lynched, day-vigged, killed by a serial killer, or anything else other than mafia factional kill, they just die. That way, they can't explain their role in game, because there's no way to protect themselves. A lynch is just a mislynch, and if they reveal their role to be open, their alignment could change in the future, and they don't survive into LYLO. So they are forced to play like a traitor, in case they get converted, making them strong negative town utility.

Just my two cents. It felt like this was placed in the game to help out the scum team with only two members, but that was stifled pretty immediately by D.Va basically full claiming in order to not be converted.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:09 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1179, Shadow_step wrote:Let's increase the no. of posts for no rhyme or reason. :P
Little does he know, it actually matters.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:21 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1270, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Maria
Try me
Purposefully playing against win condition. Accidentally playing toward it, because ending the day earlier is going to make it harder for Junkrat to get people to his mines.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:14 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 123, Firebringer wrote:No one is considering Serra and why would they?
The dude day shot a scum player.
I mean, kinda. They think he did, but I just randomly posted on his mine.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #6) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1352, Vedith wrote:If what you say is true, there will be a scum Omnic in the game 100%
Has everyone seriously just forgotten that Foxbird was Genji and scum? Are they being confused by the fact that one of the player's profile names was also Genji?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 127, Xkfyu wrote:I think so. I know it was confusing the shit out of me while I was alive.
I was legit annoyed that Genji and Tracer were player names in this game. I was intentionally going to avoid night killing them because I knew it would confuse town.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:24 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1355, Vedith wrote:...if it's true there will be a scum omnic which neither Podo or Fox were, right?
Jesus. I mean, yeah, it's not the easiest game thread to go back and look this stuff up in, but seriously?

On the subject of which,
@Vonflare
, could you please update the first couple of posts? The living and dead players list haven't been updated since n2.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:28 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 130, Foxbird wrote:I think people are failing to remember that Genji (the character, not the player) IS an omnic in the lore? Or, well, part omnic.
Ah. Hmmmm. Vedith doesn't actually
know
the lore, but didn't you claim that you were an omnic?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #10) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 4:38 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 493, Foxbird wrote:
In post 488, Genji wrote:I don't know why I didn't ask this before.

@Mod Say I am voting a person when I have a trait that makes it so my vote will not count towards their lynch, will my vote still show up on your VC as counting, even though it doesn't count?
I think it is safe to say now: I share your ability (but I won't reveal who I am for other flavor reasons).

I asked the mod via PM on D1 and our votes still show up on the VC despite not counting.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:09 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1357, RachMarie wrote:
I will check on things and see what is up with the main mod apologies for not paying more attention here but I was brought on temp back up for when he was v/la
You're a godsend and we love you <3
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:21 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 135, Foxbird wrote:
In post 131, podoboq wrote:
In post 130, Foxbird wrote:I think people are failing to remember that Genji (the character, not the player) IS an omnic in the lore? Or, well, part omnic.
Ah. Hmmmm. Vedith doesn't actually
know
the lore, but didn't you claim that you were an omnic?
Oh yeah I forgot that Vedith didn't know the flavour.. and yeah, I crumbed and claimed, as far as I remember.
Vedith not knowing the flavor was, like, 50% of the reason I Reconned him N1. I liked the idea of knowing his flavor better than he did. I thought I'd be able to outfox him, but he's a foxy foxy dude.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:45 am

Post by podoboq »

May I post things from the scum PT into this thread, or is that crossing a line somewhere?

Sorry for the potentially stupid question.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:47 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 138, Xkfyu wrote:By the way, why was I killed?
In short, we feared you. You seemed on to Foxbird, and not likely to be swayed by me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:37 am

Post by podoboq »

RACH STOP TRACER IS ALIVE
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:38 am

Post by podoboq »

Tracer is not included in the list of dead or living players. I'm pretty certain that there are six living players, making 4 the majority. This should not be a lynch.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:40 am

Post by podoboq »

oh jeez
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:41 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 148, RachMarie wrote:F*** I forget about tracer they were not talking uggh

reopening the thread after I modify the vc
I highly doubt anyone else was refreshing enough to see the flip. You're probably fine.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:49 am

Post by podoboq »

It happens. Don't feel dumb, especially since updating everything shouldn't have fallen on you anyway.

I saw Vedith was around the time of that flip. It's possible he saw it. You should consider talking to him, and maybe force-replacing him if he confirms that he saw it.

sux ∞
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:53 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 152, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 141, podoboq wrote:
In post 138, Xkfyu wrote:By the way, why was I killed?
In short, we feared you. You seemed on to Foxbird, and not likely to be swayed by me.
Fair enough.

You were right about Foxbird, He was probably gonna be my next lynch candidate.

However, I actually protected you on the night I was killed. I figured you and Vedith both were town, and if that were the case, that you were the most likely to get targeted. I wasn't, however, buying into either one of your arguments about anything. I thought you were both just wrong though.
I wanted to kill someone who was going to tunnel Foxbird partially so that ME tunneling Foxbird was seen as a more risky move for scum to make. If there are 2+ vocal, good players trying to get Foxbird lynched, and I say sure to it, it can be seen as busing. With you out, it was going to be a smaller pool, and I can get towncred for being on her wagon.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #21) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 153, RachMarie wrote:asking him now gods I hope not I would hate to have to do that to him :(
Since he posted in the game thread, he's probably fine. I think he's an experienced enough player that he would know to reach out to a moderator if he had the game spoiled, and wouldn't post in thread until that was resolved.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by podoboq »

Serrapaladin has to hurry up and get us to nightfall. 1404 and 1409 are mined, and he's really gonna need to get the lynch BEFORE those posts.

Note to Rach, avoid posting on 1404 and 1409.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”