Changing signups to hydras

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sat May 14, 2016 12:28 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

In post 0, BNL wrote:it'll be unfair on the fourteenth player if the fifteenth player who signed up later gets to play because he can find a hydra partner while the 14th can't
this seems like an incredibly fucking dumb reason to do this
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue May 17, 2016 2:19 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i would say i'm interested in the answer to that question but i'm really not expecting much here
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #2) » Tue May 17, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

er, toomai's scenario is fucking stupid because in the scenario where f has to miss out to hydra with p, he just doesn't... Meaning the comparison is just O and P missing out vs just O

and no, this isn't unfair... O misses out either way anyway, so all you're actually doing is punishing P in the first scenario
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Tue May 17, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't think anyone here needed an explanation about what the "jumping the line" thing means, the point is that O misses out in every scenario but P doesn't have to so, if anything, the current rule is unfair
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Tue May 17, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

why are the examples ignoring the fact that in the scenario where the rule is in place, F doesn't choose to hydra (because of the rule) and all of O P Q miss out...?

that doesn't strengthen the example at all, it just adds an extra player that doesn't change the actual point

literally all it's doing is punishing a player for no good reason. what is the point in punishing Q (or P in the original example)? because it's not fair that P and O (or just O in the original example) miss out? why? they miss out anyway...
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Tue May 17, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

so you came up with a scenario that only makes sense if f is going to flake... i mean i suppose that's a reason someone might want to hydra but i don't think it's anywhere near the most common reasons

realistically f chooses to not hydra with the current rule and O doesn't get the slot, though...

and your edge case isn't exactly black and white in terms of what is or isn't fair in that scenario

Return to “Mafia Discussion”