Changing signups to hydras

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat May 14, 2016 4:55 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 2, Toomai wrote:It's almost like a 13-player game should have 13 players in it.

But more seriously, to me this looks like: "Plan your hydra-ness before you /in. If the game fills up, and you try to hydra after that, you're being a nuisance."
who exactly is it being a nuisance to?
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 32, Persivul wrote:
In post 4, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 2, Toomai wrote:It's almost like a 13-player game should have 13 players in it.

But more seriously, to me this looks like: "Plan your hydra-ness before you /in. If the game fills up, and you try to hydra after that, you're being a nuisance."
who exactly is it being a nuisance to?
Me for one. I don't sign up for a game if there's more than one hydra. I accept that I can't control who's signing up after me. But, if single people ahead of me start changing to hydras, I'll /out if I notice it in time, or replace out if I don't notice it before game starts. And at that point, it's a nuisance for everyone. So, yeah: plan your hydraness before you /in. Even saying "/in hydra TBD" is fine.
there is a solution to this: stay in normals or only join games where there is a no-hydra rule.

simple.

and the new rule does not effect who signs up after you so really this is not a rule that particularly addresses your issue with hydras except laterally. cos you still have to check the game and a bunch of hydras can sign up after you.

I feel like the rule is meant to fix a largely nonexistent problem and I agree this shld be a game mods decision not a list mod thing.
whew!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”