Changing signups to hydras

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Wed May 18, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 4, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 2, Toomai wrote:It's almost like a 13-player game should have 13 players in it.

But more seriously, to me this looks like: "Plan your hydra-ness before you /in. If the game fills up, and you try to hydra after that, you're being a nuisance."
who exactly is it being a nuisance to?
Me for one. I don't sign up for a game if there's more than one hydra. I accept that I can't control who's signing up after me. But, if single people ahead of me start changing to hydras, I'll /out if I notice it in time, or replace out if I don't notice it before game starts. And at that point, it's a nuisance for everyone. So, yeah: plan your hydraness before you /in. Even saying "/in hydra TBD" is fine.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Wed May 18, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Persivul »

You know what's even simpler? Doing absolutely nothing. And that's what this rule amounts to. Sign up - and then don't make changes. It doesn't get any simpler than that.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Wed May 18, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 35, Zachrulez wrote:Well no, the list mods have to actively monitor the signups of a game for changes and actively change the player order if someone changes to a hydra. That doesn't sound simpler at all.
Not if people don't change to hydras.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”