Best Survivor Season Tournament (Finally Updated)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by hiplop »

I fucking loved worlds apart
third best scummer of all time
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

Cagayan
Panama
Philippines
Koah Rong

Gabon was the only season I never finished. I stopped at Final 6 because I hated everyone left.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

In post 75, hiplop wrote:I fucking loved worlds apart
You disgust me
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Drench »

In post 76, Spiffeh wrote:Gabon was the only season I never finished. I stopped at Final 6 because I hated everyone left.
i am.......disgusted.....
join your union
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:18 am

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

Final Vote Count

Match 9:
Cagayan (15)
vs. Thailand (0)
Match 10:
Panama (14)
vs. Cook Islands (1)
Match 11:
Philippines (13)
vs. Worlds Apart (2)
Match 12: Kaoh Rong (7) vs.
Gabon (8)

Gabon narrowly makes our first seed upset!!! :D
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:21 am

Match 13: Pearl Islands vs. One World

Match 14: Australia vs. San Juan del Sur

Match 15: China vs. Fiji

Match 16: Blood v Water vs. All-Stars

Time Remaining: (expired on 2016-07-20 10:21:07)
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:31 am

13. Pearl Islands is in my opinion the greatest Survivor season of all time, even though early Morgan is dreadfully boring. Sandra/Lill/Jon/Rupert/Christa/Burton/Savage/Tijuana/even fucking Darrah is such a powerhouse of a merge that is constantly bringing it. Some people give the outcast twist shit for being unfair or something, but given that it brought back Burton/Lill over Shawn and Osten. I can be results-oriented in liking it. Also, Lill was voted back into the game because no one wanted her on the pre-jury trip, how amazing is that?

14. San Juan del Sur is criminally underrated, and Australia's post-merge does not hold up at ALL now. I'm still fascinated by watching Borneo, but Australia feels like they're trying to capture everything about Borneo that made it great without any of the freshness Borneo brought, and while the pre-merge is fun, that post-merge is so tedious to get through. San Juan del Sur got out to a bit of a slow start, but even in the pre-merge, which people say is the worst part of the season, you have Val lying that she has
two idols
, John and Natalie's screaming match, the downfall of Drew Christy, and my favorite:
Jon and Jaclyn making out while Baylor cries about how cute they are and how she's forever alone.
The post-merge is heavily unpredictable, with the Josh/Jeremy boot episodes back to back, "Stick to the plan!", Reed trying to get Jon and Jaclyn to work with him but they're too busy having relationship issues and not talking to each other, Alec Christy's jury face, and Natalie Anderson the most unexpected winner from the pre-season of all time. Please please please let SJDS beat Australia.

15. China has an amazing cast that Fiji can't contend against, even though I think Fiji is better than Cook Islands and Worlds Apart.

16. I didn't really like Blood vs. Water as much as most of the internet seems to, but All-Stars is bottom 5 for me because of its rampant negativity, while Blood vs. Water is just meandering.

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Drench »

pearl islands
SAN JUAN DEL "IT'S REED WHO IS ON OUR TEAM" SUR
china
bvw
join your union
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Cephrir »

Pearl Islands
: I'm not as crazy about it as everyone else seems to be but, you know, lack of competition here. One World is one of the most boring bores to ever bore a bore.

San Juan Del Sur
: what CC said, with more emphasis on how wonderful Natalie is. I don't think there's any other season where a few episodes into the merge the person I wanted to win actually won. Admittedly, this is partly because when I first watched some seasons I had bad opinions.

China
: Another one the internet loves more than I do. To be fair, though, it's been longer since I saw this season than any other except Australia, since I watched it when it aired. Fiji has a couple bright spots at least, but it's not good.

Blood vs. Water
: I'm upset that this has to win a round. Premerge was not terribly interesting, and you can tell who wins the second Vytas goes home. There are pretty much zero good things about All-Stars, though.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Drench »

sdjs is honestly brilliant and if it loses i'll throw a fit
join your union
Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Drench »

can't believe these #icons are both gonna make it through this round! queens of survivor!
join your union
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:04 am

Post by BROseidon »

PI - no contest
SJDS - this one is really hard. The Survivor classicist in me wants to go with Australia, but it's really for mostly meta reasons. Australia had a really amazing cast (50% brought back, most with relatively high success), was the most popular season of all time (everyone knew who all of them were, even if only like 1/6 of America watched the show at the time), and has a lot of the nostalgia of Survivor becoming a thing. That said, SJDS is... actually a pretty good season? The pre-merge is largely lackluster, but oh man that post merge is intense. This season showed that the BvW twist is also not completely stupid, and can work really well in the right context.
China - lol no contest. Fiji is a bottom-tier season, China's a top-tier one.
BvW - I agree with Ceph about this. "Fuck you Brad Culpepper" is, by itself, better than all of All Stars.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Flameaxe »

PI
SJDS
FIJI YA HERD
BVW

i actually enjoyed BVW fight me
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:20 am

Post by BROseidon »

Flameaxe you have terrible opinions.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I accept that
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:27 am

Post by pablito »

Pearl Islands
- I already said my bit on One World. Take out Colton and the season is actually quite decent. Christina is an underdog, Sabrina and Chelsea were good to root for - Kim rocked the game when she black-widowed Jay and Troyzan. And having both camps nearby was actually a strong concept. Nonetheless, Pearl Islands reinvigorated the game when pirating went a bit too far and players played quite strategically even when abandoning emotions. This game changed the meta.

San Juan del Sur
- Natalie rocked the game, point blank. She played like a true social game/ORG player - of which isn't always seen on the show. She effortlessly flitted between alliances while keeping only the audience afloat to her steely game. She harnessed her anger and desire for revenge by taking advantage of several pairings, and she recognized the importance of breaking up said pairings in the late jury game. There were some great characters that didn't get the chance to blossom (and later killed it on Cambodia) and there were some great characters that did blossom. The narratives excelled here. Australia feels overrated for me because the jury phase somewhat changed the game up, but it mostly stayed the same. Tina and Colby taking on everyone is a great story, Elisabeth and Rodger gave the sweetness to the edge that Varner and Alicia brought. I think Australia is a story of people rather than a story of the game.

China
- PG throwing the challenge is enough of an image for me for China to win. Fiji is my absolute second-last on my list because of such hateful actions by some bullies in the game - and the have/have-not twist was not fun as was the "screw over the person on exile because they join a tribe so late" twist. If it weren't for the fall of Edgardo and the most deserving person winning - I think Fiji may have ended up as my least favorite season.

All-Stars
- I liked Blood vs. Water - nothing against it. I really loved Ciera's game and I think Caleb played a strong UTR game. I really liked Aras and Vytas for their sibling rivalry. And unfortunately Colton was there. Then I looked at All-Stars. I remember enjoying Rob's game greatly, even though it was mostly could've been a coronation season. I remember the unfortunate controversies in the game itself. But I remember it being the first time having three tribes (which ended up being mostly a bust in this game), and it became a strong strategic game early on and late in the game too. They brought back some of the greatest players and characters I remember from early seasons. It got to be an emotional game, but I think back in the day when I watched All-Stars originally, I was more excited to watch episodes than how I felt when I was watching Blood vs. Water.
Sup, later.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:31 am

Post by Flameaxe »

The one thing we need is the return of the one world twist paired with a rivals twist like the challenge.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Pearl Islands
: Love it
San Juan Del Sur
: Australia was the first season I watched and it's pretty good but SDJS probably has more interesting moments.
Fiji
: I have no idea why but China never popped for me I might have to watch it again but it seemed kind of boring at times. Yau-man was fun to watch and Dreamz was interesting, Earl played well even if he was kind of a boring personality, and
Blood vs. Water:
BvW had some good moments, and I enjoyed the attempt to take Tyson out with rocks, and I think it had a pretty good cast. All-Stars sure is boring.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:02 am

Post by hiplop »

Pearl islands
San juan fel sur - one of all time fav seasons
China - also great
All stars - criminallly underrated. Rob was awesome, i absolutely loved watching this season even if it was a bit negative. Blood vs water was just boring. Struggled through it.
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:41 am

In post 91, Flameaxe wrote:The one thing we need is the return of the one world twist paired with a rivals twist like the challenge.
One World would work so frickin well on an all star season and I wish they'd give it another shot

Drench
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
Drench
he/him
crucial waukesha voter
crucial waukesha voter

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Drench »

In post 93, hiplop wrote:it was a bit negative
sue hawk was sexually harrassed
join your union
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:19 am

Post by racefan12 »

13. Pearl Islands, no contest.
14. SJDS had the better gameplay, but I think Australia did more for the overall recognition of the series as a whole. It's really tough to compare these two, but I'll give the slight nod to SJDS.
15. China, again no contest.
16. I have to pick All Stars here. Blood vs. Water turned into everyone constantly worried about how every little thing was going to affect their loved one over how it was going to affect
them
in the game. It's actually the only season I stopped watching halfway through. All Stars wasn't amazing, but it wins here.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Gabon beating out Koah Rong is a travesty
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:34 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 96, racefan12 wrote:Blood vs. Water turned into everyone constantly worried about how every little thing was going to affect their loved one over how it was going to affect them in the game. It's actually the only season I stopped watching halfway through. All Stars wasn't amazing, but it wins here.
this yea. I didn't finish BvW it was so dull. All stars has a shit ton of problems but its better than BvW
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Spiffeh »

Pearl Islands - duh

Australia - I like both seasons but idk I really enjoyed everyone on Australia. Colby, Tina, and Elizabeth are probably all in my top 30 Survivor contestants and I loved that they all made the final four. Natalie OWNED SJDS and she was great but the rest of the cast didn't really do it for me (pls don't hurt me)

China - duh, Fiji was a steaming pile of shit (although China is overrated lololololol)

Blood vs. Water - I seem to be in the minority that really loved this season? It was kinda predictable towards the end but I mostly liked everyone that made it far (except for like Gervase?). Monica's story and FTC performance were fantastic television IMO and Ciera is hot and flawless so yeah. All Stars had probably the worst boot order of any season ever and fuck Boston Rob and Amber and Alicia and all them.
Last edited by Spiffeh on Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”