2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

2016 NFL Football

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There is no doubt that Colin Kaepernick will go down as one of the best NFL players ever
http://starnews-today.com/kaepernick-re ... 3086302327

This was a troll article/advertisement right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

If he can get back on track, sure. At one time he was an NFC winning quarterback.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:05 am

Post by racefan12 »

I mean, yeah, that's clearly a troll article.

As for Kaepernick himself, I think the main explanation for his recent struggles is that teams are now able to anticipate his strengths and work to neutralize them, while he doesn't have the natural talent to adapt to what opposing defenses are throwing at him. At his peak, Kaepernick's biggest "skill" was the element of surprise. Now that he doesn't have that, he's just another QB.
PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:17 am

Post by PJ. »

The years he had both a stable locker room and a good coach. He's only had two bad years. 1 was with a completely incompetent coach and the other was a combination of fading (or not quite there yet talent) and an unstable locker room. I think calling him lucky that he "caught people by surprise" is a disservice to Kaepernick. When he had his full season where he was a top 10 passer, teams had already had 11 games of tape on the guy. Kaepernick can ball if he's set up for success. I'm just not sure SF is.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

Greg Roman was what did the most good for Kapernick and now Roman is in buffalo with a similarly skilled QB in Tyrod Taylor. Unless Chip can save Kap or gives Kap to buffalo for some crazy reason, I don't think we will see Kap back to himself for awhile
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
inte
inte
Mafia Scum
inte
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:01 am

Post by inte »

go browns

life is suffering
Show
W(eed)/L: 420/2

T:2/2/0
S:1/0/0
N:0/0/0

When dreamen gad-adto-ello-lahwer time-antime ageeee-ayeeeeah-ye-e-ah-nn.
No Retreat
No Retreat
Goon
No Retreat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:16 am

Post by No Retreat »

Maybe its naive but I feel like if you go to the NFL you are atleast decently good though there have been some draft busts. Kap was never that good, prob but didn't he have surgery recently?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:24 am

Post by PokerFace »

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I was about to link to fantasy but I see Nero already did in the OP so consider this an ego post
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ion-appeal
Brady is out first 4 games this year. I foresee 1-3 start for them.

I think what will decide the winner of the afc east comes down to whether or not fritz comes back

Patriots should shut out the Jets if Geno is at the helm and finish 11-5, otherwise 10-6 is more likely

I see miami getting at least 6 wins if fritz is back, possibly 8 if he is not

I see buffalo getting 8 wins if fritz is back, 9 if he is not

If Jets get fritz back then, I see them going 10-6 so they could steal afc east from patriots pending tie breakers. If fritz is not back then they go 5-11 or 6-10.

Patriots are more likely to repeat their afc east crown then not, even with Brady out
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by pablito »

Interest in a confidence points pool pick'em league this year? If so, I can run that this year.
Sup, later.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:11 am

Post by Wraith »

I think what will decide the winner of the afc east comes down to whether or not fritz comes back

Patriots should shut out the Jets if Geno is at the helm and finish 11-5, otherwise 10-6 is more likely
The first seed is ours!
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon
Location: Welcome to Silent Hill (The living's in the way we die)

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Bella »

In post 10, PokerFace wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ion-appeal

If Jets get fritz back then, I see them going 10-6 so they could steal afc east from patriots pending tie breakers. If fritz is not back then they go 5-11 or 6-10.

Patriots are more likely to repeat their afc east crown then not, even with Brady out
Patriots lose to the Cards in the first game, then go unbeaten the rest of the way. Jimmy Garoppolo is good enough to beat the Dolphins, Texans and Bills at home, then Tommy comes back with a giant chip on his shoulder and goes ham on the rest of the league.
Show
Chloroform girl, how have you been?
Don't let me catch you sleeping again
You're only alive because I like you
It's been three years since you've seen the sunlight
But I know you're having fun
Bound, gagged and chained up in my basement
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:52 am

Post by Nero Cain »

inb4 bills packers sb

PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:52 am

Post by PJ. »

Can we all acknowledge that four games is a ridiculous ban. That's a quarter of the season. That's equivalent to a 20.5 game suspension in the NBA so let's call it 21. This is a comprehensive list of things that the NBA suspended for more than a quarter of the season: a domestic assault, a sucker punch, 2 guys involved in Malice in the Palace, 2 guys having guns in their locker, and LATRELL SPREWELL CHOKING HIS COACH. That's it. If you call it 20, you get 2 dudes with ACTUAL PEDS. Kelly Olynyk got 1 game for breaking Kevin Love's arm. Only guys in Baseball that get 40 games or more are steroid users. Brady suspension is really about sticking it to the Pats and Brady and not about justice for the not really crime.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Is your argument that he should get MORE than 4 games?

zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:56 am

Post by zoraster »

I think it's pretty clear he thinks it should be less.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Egg »

In post 14, Nero Cain wrote:inb4 bills packers sb
Steelers over Panthers.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:22 am

Post by BS2000 »

In post 10, PokerFace wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ion-appeal

You really think fitzpatrick is that good? Josh McCown had a better passer rating than him last year.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Bella »

I mean, if you assume he should be suspended (which he shouldn't the evidence just isn't there to justify it but whatever, that argument was had last summer), then similar violations of NFL rules - interfering with equipment - result in fines (using stickum, for example - Ericht Rhett was fined $5,000 for using stickum in 1996). Historical instances of teams messing with the air pressure of balls (Vikings/Panthers, for example, when balls were deliberately heated to manipulate the air pressure inside) resulted in slaps on the wrist. Non co-operation with an investigation got Brett Favre a $50,000 fine in 2010 (which was cellphone related) - in 2012, the Chargers were fined $20,000 for refusing to co-operate in an investigation into whether they were illegally using stickum soaked towels (not cellphone related - their staff refused to hand over the towels themselves to the NFL). Basically, assuming Brady is guilty, a fine in the region of $100k is the maximum punishment the NFL should have imposed, based on precedent.

But then, Deflate Gate was never about deflating footballs, it was all about petty revenge for the perceived leniency of Spygate.
Show
Bella
Bella
Goon
Bella
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Bella »

In post 19, BS2000 wrote:

You really think fitzpatrick is that good? Josh McCown had a better passer rating than him last year.
Fitzpatrick is that much better than Geno Smith. I bet if you asked most Jets fans what their best play of last season was, at least 50% of them would nominate I.K. Enemkpali punching Geno in the face.
Show
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by PJ. »

What Bella said.
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

IK ENEMKPALI TEAM MVP 2015-2016
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Wraith »

iwannadie.jpg
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “General Discussion”