Newbie 1734 - Happy (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #139 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Sup kids.

First game here but I've played entirely too much werewolf elsewhere.

If I'm on my phone can I do an unbolded "pvote" or do I hafta bold it everytime?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #141 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 140, Infinity 324 wrote:It always has to be bolded unfortunately
Alrighty, no problem. Thanks!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #142 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 117, kyndy101 wrote: Also, what are everyone's time zones? Might make it easier to get a feel for when everyone is on, and thus make it easier to tell when /not/ to put someone at L-1
EST.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #143 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:35 am

Post by Gallynukes »

To preface, this is my first game on here and obviously I don't know anyone or their particular play styles and such yet.

With that said, Gamma voting six times already for four different people seems a tad strange to me. I get that he could just be wanting to move things along, but it's almost as if he's just throwing votes around at the wall in the hopes something will stick. Over and over again.

Again, I'm not familiar with him or any of you yet, so maybe this is his way of helping to get things rolling. It just strikes me as odd and will only make keeping track of his votes down the road to see if his voting record was suspicious that much more difficult.

Sorry man.

Vote Gamma.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #146 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 144, Gamma Emerald wrote:I've mostly been trying to create discussion by calling out behaviors that seemed odd. My first vote was just Random, and my second was a name confusion.
Fair enough.

Unvote.

In post 145, Infinity 324 wrote:I think we can look at :D his voting record after this early game period.

But it's ok to think someone is scum!

Do you have any other reads?
Ah I know, I meant it'll be harder to look at his voting record in the future when it matters with all the voting. But I'll take his word for it for now.

As of right now, no, no additional reads yet. I'm gonna go back and read everything through a second time. Will post more in-depth thoughts based on gut instincts then. Again, though, just take em with a grain of salt as I'm still very unfamiliar with everyone. (Then again, that might turn out to be a benefit if I go on straight instinct. Just not a ton of stuff to pore over yet.)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 147, Infinity 324 wrote:Why are you so quick to trust gamma?
I don't trust him, I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt for the time being (based on his explanation) and unvoting him. Depending on how he acts from here on out or if no one else ends up striking me as particularly scummy will determine if I end up voting him again.

What are your reads currently? (I'll be posting mine soon, just Top Chef'ing some dinner first.)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #152 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

MY VERY FIRST GUT READ LIST - BETA VERSION

(In No Particular Order As It's Still Far Too Early For Such Specificity & Now New-and-Improved With Bullet Points!!)

PRO-TOWN:

>> Kyndy - Slow start but making up for it. Big fan of entirely-too-long posts regarding everything -- even more-so when it's a thoughtful, detailed list.

>> Rask - Laid back and jokey for the most part, but still participating with lists. Had to be pushed to explain their first two lists, although to be fair, it was on like... Page 2 or something super early (if I'm remembering correctly -- possibly not).

>> Infinity - Heavy participation, although reading
very
heavily into almost every post. Which we're all supposed to do, to a point, but I'm kind of 50/50 on if it's a front or not. For now, I don't think it is.

ANTI-TOWN:

>> Gamma | Skold - You all know my thoughts on Gamma. Skold's been super aggressive with him thus far, which unless it's a specific strategy between the two to throw us off, means I think whichever one of the two comes back bad will clear the other in my eyes.

NOT ENJOYING PLAYING ON HIS PHONE VERY MUCH THUS FAR:

>> Uzi - Is not enjoying playing on his phone thus far. Appreciate and am amused by the after-post asterisk edits.

NO CLUE AS THEY'VE BEEN PRETTY MUCH ABSENT SO I SHALL COMMENT ON THEIR USERNAMES INSTEAD:

>> Blackadder - Despite not having been in here yet, I like their username. Mr. Bean, ftw.

>> Magibass - Same, but I almost spelled said username wrong thinking it was Magicbass. Magibass rolls off the tongue much better imo.

I know I've got a big pro-town lean list thus far, but again, it's early, etc. etc. This is just a beta list anyway. Shit will be upgraded accordingly. And yes, it took me almost as long to frigging format this thing than it did to make the list. :]
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #155 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 153, Infinity 324 wrote:Gally, why didn't you keep your vote on gamma if you still think he's scum?
Mainly because it was on my initial first readthrough of everything. Honestly I've never been a huge first day voter at all to be honest. It's kinda my thing. Obviously this isn't viable in this mini style of game, so at this point I'm waiting to read more from Gamma and Skold before semi-finalizing on a vote for one of them at some point tomorrow. Barring some other scummy play, of course.

Speed run-ups of people on Day 1 based on next to nothing rarely end well.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #156 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 154, Gamma Emerald wrote:@GallyNukes: I don't want to be put against someone this early. If we don't have too much to go on, I'ld be okay with abstaining. Also, there is 7 town to 2 Mafia. Several town reads is okay.
Ah okay, didn't realize that, thanks!

And that's exactly what I plan to do. We'll see how everything plays out! :D
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #160 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Lastly, sorry for the thrice-in-a-row post, but I have a shizload of errands tomorrow getting my daughter ready for school. So I probably won't be on til about 4pm EST. Just a heads up in advance.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #162 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 157, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hey Gally, could you read my first post on this page? It explains my motivations pretty well.
I read it, thanks man. Didn't sway me too, too much, but it was a part of why I decided to try amd read more from you tomorrow in lieu of voting before bed.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 158, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 155, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 153, Infinity 324 wrote:Gally, why didn't you keep your vote on gamma if you still think he's scum?
Mainly because it was on my initial first readthrough of everything. Honestly I've never been a huge first day voter at all to be honest. It's kinda my thing. Obviously this isn't viable in this mini style of game, so at this point I'm waiting to read more from Gamma and Skold before semi-finalizing on a vote for one of them at some point tomorrow. Barring some other scummy play, of course.

Speed run-ups of people on Day 1 based on next to nothing rarely end well.
Ok, but there's not really a danger of gamma being lynched atm.

Gally's readslist leans town for the light tone.
How many does it take for the lynch, 5 or 6? It's not plurality, right?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Actually, can we proxy? (I'm not going to -- too early and dangerous -- just curious!)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 164, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Gally: Welcome aboard friend! Feels good to have another active voice. And yeah it's frustrating posting from such a small limited device. That and the fact that everyone seems like they know what they're doing is making this pretty tough for me.
Thanks man!

I'm in a similar boat actually. Laptop in the afternoon but phone for mornings and nights. Somebody really needs to make a mobile bbphp app that simplifies the board interaction process on phones.

And don't be too overwhelmed, man. Just take it all in, enjoy the ride and go with your gut. Just make sure your gut never gets tunnel vision cuz shiz can change on a dime in this thing.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #169 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 168, Gamma Emerald wrote:Lil Uzi, tone is actually more important that actions. It's easy for the Mafia to say or do town-like things. It's hard to do it in a way that doesn't set off suspicion. I know I'm basically saying don't trust me as much right now, but whatever.
PEdit: What is this about proxy?
Yeah, that's good advice!

In a similar style game I play on another site you can "proxy" your vote to another player you (presumably) trust. In addition to their on vote, they can place your vote until you unproxy it. It's good if you're going to be AFK for a bit but don't want to hurt the flow of the game. Not used much early on for obvious reasons.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #201 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 191, Skold wrote:
In post 187, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Skold: So are you advocating for No Lynch Day 1? If so, doesn't really make sense in a game like this.
Nope. That gives mafia a free kill. I just want everyone to understand that D1 lynch is entirely random and scumtells are completely useless.
That's quite a blanket statement, no?

I generally agree with you, but that's not always the case.

Besides, this game's super small, so we kind of have to come to a consensus whether it makes sense and we want to or not.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #202 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Vote Skold and his elitist bullshit.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #203 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Don't want to play in stupid Lite games? That's fine. You forget this was a newbie game or what?

Keep shitting on it and ruin it for the legit new people. Good for you, man.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #241 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 228, Skold wrote:
In post 202, Gallynukes wrote:Vote Skold and his elitist bullshit.
Cry me a river. I'll post you one.
I'll admit it, I laughed.

I let my emotions get the best of me last night and for that I apologize. Still keeping my vote on you for the time being, though. It's either you or Gamma for me at this point. And like I said in my original reads post, whichever of you comes back bad will likely clear the other. Unless you're working in cahoots, which I doubt.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #244 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 243, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Gally: I really don't want a mislynch incriminating me, but if you want to make that connection, go ahead.
If you're not scum then you pretty much don't have anything to worry about! :D
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #247 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

I mean obviously anything can happen and the town can do as they please. This is my working theory at the moment, though. And especially as it's Day 1, it's definitely subject to change.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #618 (isolation #21) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Sorry about being MIA guys. Back now. Catching up. Gimmie a bit.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #619 (isolation #22) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Unvote til I'm caught up.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #621 (isolation #23) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Actually need to run to the store to get dinner real quick as well but I'll be on for the remainder of the night once I'm back from that/all caught up.

And that concludes this PSA from Gallynukes.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #624 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 623, Infinity 324 wrote:Gally, how much mafia experience do you have?
Not much with mafia, but a lot with werewolf. It's very similar with a few differences (like the aforementioned proxy voting and such). But yeah, at their core they're essentially the same albeit with a few thematic/lingo differences. At least as far as I've noticed thus far.

Do people "claim" when a few votes from a lynch in mafia as well? Basically out their role and let it be picked apart by the town (or lack thereof if they're simply a townie)?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #625 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 305, Zyf wrote: PS. HI! I'm here to take highest post count by at least 100 posts
Just started catching up from Page 13 (where I left off) but I like you already! :lol:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #627 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 626, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Gally: Yeah, but I don't think it's done D1.
Why not on Day 1 exactly?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #629 (isolation #27) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 628, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because that's about early to do so.
Huh.

Kind-of/sort-of-related follow-up question: Are you the leading vote-getter for Day 1 presently?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #631 (isolation #28) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 630, Gamma Emerald wrote:Vote getter meaning received the most votes? I think so.
Yezzir.

Who're you currently voting for? Only on Page 15 so far. Gonna be like another hour before I'm all caught up, methinks. :P
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #633 (isolation #29) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 632, Gamma Emerald wrote:Skold for being a lazy player.
Again, I'm only on Page 16 right now, but did Blackadder show up between then and now and I'm just not aware yet? I'd just think you'd rather vote for an almost completely nonexistent player as opposed to Skold who's at least been participating when he's here and not having school stuff on his plate.

Also, can someone hook me up with an updated/current vote count? I'd be much obliged. Thanks in advances!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #635 (isolation #30) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 634, Infinity 324 wrote:Hopefully yes, at lynch-1
Is the no claim on Day 1 thing a legit Mafia thing? Because if not, I'm thinking Gamma needs to claim or I'm hammering.

Sorry bud, I like your enthusiasm and I'm going to feel really bad if I'm wrong, but reading through and catching up on everything is just reaffirming my suspicions. Also, the "people don't claim on Day 1 because it's too early" thing makes precisely zero sense to me. Unless it's more of a Mini-game kind of thing because there's so few players? I don't know.

You still here, Gamma?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #637 (isolation #31) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 635, Gallynukes wrote:
Is the no claim on Day 1 thing a legit Mafia thing? Because if not, I'm thinking Gamma needs to claim or I'm hammering.

Sorry bud, I like your enthusiasm and I'm going to feel really bad if I'm wrong, but reading through and catching up on everything is just reaffirming my suspicions. Also, the "people don't claim on Day 1 because it's too early" thing makes precisely zero sense to me. Unless it's more of a Mini-game kind of thing because there's so few players? I don't know.

You still here, Gamma?
Misunderstood what lynch-1 meant, my bad -- scratch everything I said about claiming (obviously).

Vote Gamma.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #639 (isolation #32) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 638, Zyf wrote:
In post 624, Gallynukes wrote:
Not much with mafia, but a lot with werewolf. It's very similar with a few differences (like the aforementioned proxy voting and such). But yeah, at their core they're essentially the same albeit with a few thematic/lingo differences. At least as far as I've noticed thus far.

Do people "claim" when a few votes from a lynch in mafia as well? Basically out their role and let it be picked apart by the town (or lack thereof if they're simply a townie)?
Yes
It's common courtesy to announce intent to hammer a lynch without actually voting--allowing that player to claim if they're a PR.
Is there plurality in Mafia? A la, the amount to lynch is the second leading vote getters vote's plus the number of people in the yet to vote category? Probably butchered that explanation, but oh well. If that's not the case, what's the number to lynch?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #641 (isolation #33) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 603, Skold wrote:
In post 601, Zyf wrote:If you aren't gonna scumhunt yourself, couldn't you at least sheep people?
I swear to god, I gave you people fair fucking warning. I might dig it up later but I specifically remember saying that I intend to hop on the largest wagon as we come to the deadline.
+1 -- I remember him saying this at some point.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #643 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

All caught up for the most part. If anyone has any questions for me, I'll legit be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #644 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 642, Zyf wrote:
In post 639, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 638, Zyf wrote:
In post 624, Gallynukes wrote:

Yes
It's common courtesy to announce intent to hammer a lynch without actually voting--allowing that player to claim if they're a PR.
Is there plurality in Mafia? A la, the amount to lynch is the second leading vote getters vote's plus the number of people in the yet to vote category? Probably butchered that explanation, but oh well. If that's not the case, what's the number to lynch?
Idk what you're saying but it's quite simple
Majority=lynch. If it's an even # it must be t-majority + 1
If no one reaches 5 votes by deadline, there's no lynch.
That's why I'm pushing to avoid a deadline lynch because it forces people to vote for someone they migt not actually think is scum.
Gotcha, thanks. Now that I'm forcing myself to remember, the plurality thing was for games with like... 25-30+ players so the lynch count wouldn't be obscenely high.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #647 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 640, Zyf wrote:
WHOOAAAA
NO.
VOTE: Gamma
I like gally again now so fuck my reads list is now totally mixed up
Again
Fuck
I literally have no read on you at this point as you've more or less perplexed the shit out of me. Half the time catching up I was leaning town, the other half I was leaning scum. At this point, though, I think the Gamma problem needs to be addressed before anything else. And the information we can then garner regarding how he comes back (if he ends up getting lynched) is going to spur my direction for Day 2.

(Big fan in general so far, though!)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #648 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 646, Zyf wrote:
In post 643, Gallynukes wrote:All caught up for the most part. If anyone has any questions for me, I'll legit be here all night. Be sure to tip your waitress.
So
Now that you're caught up
If you could post some reads (preferably with some sort of reasoning--though it can be brief as you'd like)--actually, any reads you have, I'd appreciate that.
Because the fact you're mainly asking theory/game function stuff makes me a little pinged.
Yeah, already on it. Should have it posted within the hour, hopefully. (I tend to be overly verbose and turn what should be 50 word posts into 500 word mini-novels. Especially lists. Good Lord.)

PS: The game-related stuff's mainly because this is my first Mafia game -- I've played a shizload of werewolf, which is pretty much the same game with slightly different schematics. Just getting used to the little differences at this point but I think I'm mostly good at this point. But yeah. I'll have an updated list posted relatively shortly. Stay tuned, boys and girls.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #650 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In the meantime.... Gamma's in claim territory with three votes now, yes?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #651 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 649, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm gonna wait for that read list for now.
Fair enough.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #653 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 652, Zyf wrote:
In post 650, Gallynukes wrote:In the meantime.... Gamma's in claim territory with three votes now, yes?
No
It's highly preferred to wait till L-1 + hammer intent
Ah okay, gotcha, thanks!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #654 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

GUT READ LIST PART DEUX - THE ON MY PHONE SO DON'T EXPECT GREAT FORMATTING OR OODLES OF DETAILS VERSION

Note: The following list was based on a relatively quick "catch-up" of roughly 12+ pages. Yes, 50% of those were Zyf posts but alas, take the following with several grains of salt. And a bit of pepper to taste if you'd like.

PRO-TOWN:

>> Uzi - Participating well and asking all the right questions for someone new (in my opinion) while still making his own deductions. My unofficial newbie voice of town reason.

>> Skold - My vote for him the other day was purely because I got entirely-too-riled up over the "elitist" postings. A bit of a drop-off but overall I think he's town. Still subscribing to my Skold/Gamma whichever-is-scum-all-but-clears-the-other theory. Since I have Gamma firmly entrenched as scum thus far, Skold will stay here for the time being.

>> Rask - Didn't have much additional info to go on following my first list. At the moment, a very slight town lean, but we shall see...

ANTI-TOWN:

>> Gamma - My thoughts on him are well-known already. Jumping on the lynch-du-jour all game long as if he's frothing at the mouth for it to be Night 1. Despite my initially pointing the finger at him, he went from reading me as town, to willing to lynch me (and voting me, to boot), back to reading me as town once again -- all in the span of about 24 hours or so.

>> Infinity - Attaching his wagon to Gamma for reasons he's stated. Gamma coming back scum doesn't necessarily damn Infinity, but his support of him for most of the game gives me pause.

NOT PARTICIPATING MUCH SO I'LL AGAIN FOCUS ON STRAIGHT USERNAMES:

>> Blackadder - Again, I really do love Mr. Bean. I've never seen the Black Adder show he's in, though I've heard good things.

>> Bluebloodtoffee - Speaking of TV shows, I'm a big fan of Blue Bloods. Quality television. Also, big fan of toffee as well. Albeit not blue and/or bloody toffee.

IN A CLASS ALL HIS OWN BECAUSE AT THE MOMENT I CAN'T READ HIM FOR ABSOLUTE SHIZZLE:

>> Zyf - Stream of conscience style of posting similar to my own. Has made some good points throughout generally being all over the place (but in a good way). Just something feels off about him and I don't quite know why. His straight gut read on me being scum being incorrect leads me to believe I'm similarly reading him incorrectly. Literally directly in the middle regarding my overall lean. We shall see.

TO BE CONTINUED... (Duh duhhh duuuuuhhhhh!!)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #655 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:39 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

There ya go, boys and girls!

Discuss, dissect, etc. etc.

Going to make a packie run, I'll be back shortly.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #660 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 657, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: gally

Why do you say gamma wants to end the day so early when none of the wagons he was on seemed to be headed for a lynch?

Starting to see gally's attitude as potentially fake.
Because why else would he be throwing around his votes like a blind man playing darts? How is being willing to vote anyone at anytime (and doing so -- often in line with the aforementioned run-up-du-jour) conducive to wanting Day 1 to last as long as possible?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #661 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 658, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, I'ld like to thank Infinity for defending me against Zyf when I had no idea what to do to defend myself.
:lol:

Definitely made my catching up readthrough interesting, that's for sure.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #662 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Infinity, you're basically of the belief that Gamma's "scuminess" is essentially just newbie sheen, correct? (Not saying anything in particular with this, just double checking.)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #664 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 656, Gamma Emerald wrote:I only voted for you because I wanted your opinion on things. I always read you as town.
This is basically the Beetlejuice thing you were talking about, yes?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #671 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:00 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 665, Infinity 324 wrote:Two pieces of advice for you gally.

1. lynches usually only happen about 3 or fewer days from deadline, you seem to be acting as if that's not the case
2. I wouldn't try to draw associations between people before anyone has flipped. People's scumreads, even strong scumreads, are often wrong, so you may have to re-evaluate your entire read on a person if your read ends up being wrong.

PEdit: often, a lot of wagons start up on d1, only 1 leads to a lynch. They can give valuable reactions, especially when the game is going slowly (like this one). If someone decides to hammer a wagon 5 days in, that's on them.
Thanks for the advice, wasn't aware of #1.

As for #2, I get what you're saying, but I mean... What's the point of Day 1 then?

To be honest, I've been forgetting this is such a small game, which makes today all the more important.

And agreed on the latter, but with the way Gamma's been voting, going back and logging his D1 voting history is going to take a day in and of itself and likely won't tell us much of anything.

Gamma, you said this was your first game here but not ever. Not including this one, how many games have you played total? Legitimately curious for a reason.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #672 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 668, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 662, Gallynukes wrote:Infinity, you're basically of the belief that Gamma's "scuminess" is essentially just newbie sheen, correct? (Not saying anything in particular with this, just double checking.)
The inconsistency/flip-flopping part, yes. I just don't think the accusations against him are legitimate scumtells.
In post 664, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 656, Gamma Emerald wrote:I only voted for you because I wanted your opinion on things. I always read you as town.
This is basically the Beetlejuice thing you were talking about, yes?
What? Gamma was here the whole time
Beetlejuice thing was asking for confirmation regarding what it was in theory -- not an accusation in any way. Although I do think it's a strange strategy just to get someone's opinion... Why not just tag them and ask for their opinion directly and save a vote?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #674 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 631, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 630, Gamma Emerald wrote:Vote getter meaning received the most votes? I think so.
Yezzir.

Who're you currently voting for? Only on Page 15 so far. Gonna be like another hour before I'm all caught up, methinks. :P
In post 673, Zyf wrote:
In post 660, Gallynukes wrote:

Why do you say gamma wants to end the day so early when none of the wagons he was on seemed to be headed for a lynch?

Because why else would he be throwing around his votes like a blind man playing darts? How is being willing to vote anyone at anytime (and doing so -- often in line with the aforementioned run-up-du-jour) conducive to wanting Day 1 to last as long as possible?
I'd also like to note that they're doing this even to people they townread, rendering their vote virtually meaningless.

And they do this all under the premise that THERE WILL BE NO CLAIM.
Yeah, the no claim Day 1 because "it's too early" baffled the shit out of me.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #675 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 674, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 631, Gallynukes wrote:
Yezzir.

In post 673, Zyf wrote:
In post 660, Gallynukes wrote:

I'd also like to note that they're doing this even to people they townread, rendering their vote virtually meaningless.

And they do this all under the premise that THERE WILL BE NO CLAIM.
Yeah, the no claim Day 1 because "it's too early" baffled the shit out of me.
Didn't mean to quote that first quote. Phones being weird.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #678 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:11 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

So making sure I understand this correctly...

Day 1 lynches tend to happen close to the deadline in order to lynch with as much information as possible... Despite pretty much everyone going on practically no information at all what with it being Day 1, and with the only real information available only through run-up claims and an actual lynch reveal itself?

I mean...I get it to a point, but I also don't? Anyone care to clue me in on anything I may (see: probably) be missing?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #682 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 679, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 671, Gallynukes wrote:
As for #2, I get what you're saying, but I mean... What's the point of Day 1 then?
I guess what I'm saying is that "infinity would look scummy if gamma flipped scum" is fine logic but "infinity is scummy by association to gamma because I think gamma is scum" is a stretch.
Right, but other than you defending Gamma I didn't have much to go on for you for my second list. Obviously there's no absolutes but if I'm leaning so heavily regarding Gamma as scum, not questioning your affiliation with him thus far would almost be more if a stretch, no?

I totally get what you're saying, but again, it's still super early. The main reason I even do these kind of lists this early is to more easily follow my train of thought regarding everyone more easily over time.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #683 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 680, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 678, Gallynukes wrote:So making sure I understand this correctly...

Day 1 lynches tend to happen close to the deadline in order to lynch with as much information as possible... Despite pretty much everyone going on practically no information at all what with it being Day 1, and with the only real information available only through run-up claims and an actual lynch reveal itself?

I mean...I get it to a point, but I also don't? Anyone care to clue me in on anything I may (see: probably) be missing?
The information generated on d1 is mainly useful on later days, once people have flipped. It's not as useful on d1 itself since it's very speculative.
Exactly what I'm saying. So why wait so close until the deadline when we can garner even more useful information with a run-up or two? I mean how much more additional information can be gleaned today outside of more voting history to go on?

Everyone (or almost everyone) has shown their hand in regards to their shtick and gone on record with reads and such. I just don't understand what additional information we're hoping for dragging this out, you know!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #684 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 681, Zyf wrote:
In post 676, Gamma Emerald wrote:Forum Mafia, one. IRL Mafia, too many to count, although cops functioned more like vigilantes in most of my game. I did play IRL Werewolf a few times one night at Scout Camp, which was more like this.
PEdit: I vote because I can't audio ping like in EM.
That's a horrible reason.
Just ADDRESS them. If they're online, they'll respond.
If at THAT point they don't respond to you specifically, THEN vote em.
And call that Good Guy Beetlejuicing imo.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #696 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 689, Zyf wrote:
In post 683, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 680, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 678, Gallynukes wrote:So making sure I understand this correctly...

The information generated on d1 is mainly useful on later days, once people have flipped. It's not as useful on d1 itself since it's very speculative.
Exactly what I'm saying. So why wait so close until the deadline when we can garner even more useful information with a run-up or two? I mean how much more additional information can be gleaned today outside of more voting history to go on?

Everyone (or almost everyone) has shown their hand in regards to their shtick and gone on record with reads and such. I just don't understand what additional information we're hoping for dragging this out, you know!
^it's about time we l-1'd someone
We're going in circles, and the only thing that's going to change someone's mins is a giant town/scumslip.
Are any of you people interested in getting on a wagon?
Or iso-ing someone?
Because half of you are being stupid about your voting decisions.
Right? I'm not even saying, "RAWRR LYNCH OR BUST RAWRR!" Let's get someone in claim territory, unvote after said claim and discuss it. Unless it's a horrible, obviously fake claim, I'll even submit to a stipulation of pursuing elsewhere based on the info we get from the claim.

Also, Infinity, outside of your Gamma affiliation I'm slightly leaning town on you. Even taking into account said affiliation, I'm still only slightly leading scum. Had to go one way or another, and you're right, there's no absolutes. I'm very much on the fence with you in general.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #697 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Also, Grendel: Hi!

*Insert joke about your mother here.*
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #701 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 698, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 694, Zyf wrote: At this rate, no, we won't.
Instead, we'll end up lynching someone that half the people think is town, they'll flip, and everyone will be all upset because there was little to no interaction with that slot at L-1.
Because gally/me, gamma/skold, uzi/rask/infinity, blackadder/bbt isn't gonna get ANYWHERE
(Gamma lynch, unwilling to try and get someone lynched, i can't decide everyone seems town so PoE, not even playing rn--in that order)
Idk about everyone else, but
I'm]
getting some valuable info out of this day.

How likely is it to you that gally's "dramatic" attitude is faked
Define "dramatic attitude" por favor?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #703 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 700, Grendel wrote:
Infinity 324 wrote:Hello

Given my views on the gamestate at the moment, you have a high chance of being mafia
Have you already given an explanation as to why that is?

If not you should go ahead and do that.
Zyf wrote:Hi, grendel
Hello!
Gallynukes wrote:Also, Grendel: Hi!

*Insert joke about your mother here.*
I'll wreck ur meadhall.
:lol: :lol:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #706 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 702, Gamma Emerald wrote:@Grendel: I checked your SM Mafia history, and I think you are pretty good at the game. Let's see your judgement.
Sorry but if he reads you as scum I'm gonna laugh my ass off. (All in good fun, of course! :])
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #714 (isolation #60) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 708, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 701, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 698, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 694, Zyf wrote: At this rate, no, we won't.
Instead, we'll end up lynching someone that half the people think is town, they'll flip, and everyone will be all upset because there was little to no interaction with that slot at L-1.
Because gally/me, gamma/skold, uzi/rask/infinity, blackadder/bbt isn't gonna get ANYWHERE
(Gamma lynch, unwilling to try and get someone lynched, i can't decide everyone seems town so PoE, not even playing rn--in that order)
Idk about everyone else, but
I'm]
getting some valuable info out of this day.

How likely is it to you that gally's "dramatic" attitude is faked
Define "dramatic attitude" por favor?
This stuff
In post 621, Gallynukes wrote: And that concludes this PSA from Gallynukes.
In post 643, Gallynukes wrote:Be sure to tip your waitress.
In post 648, Gallynukes wrote:Stay tuned, boys and girls.
In post 654, Gallynukes wrote:
GUT READ LIST PART DEUX - THE ON MY PHONE SO DON'T EXPECT GREAT FORMATTING OR OODLES OF DETAILS VERSION
TO BE CONTINUED... (Duh duhhh duuuuuhhhhh!!)
I'm an insuffarable wiseass, what can I say?

Kind of ironic as this us my first game so there's no precedent, but I'm always like this. I'm also kind of flattered you think I could perform such super-subtle shtick for going on... I dunno... 50-some-odd posts now? (Guesstimate.)

Seriously, though, man... You're really reaching with this.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #716 (isolation #61) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 713, Infinity 324 wrote:

You still here, Gamma?
By the way, this post pinged the hell out of me

Like what he was accusing gamma of, too eager to end the day

It's possible it's just cause he's just not used to the site meta tho
Based on your post, I thought Gamma was one vote away from a lynch at this point. Go ahead and quote my next follow up post if you're gonna point fingers over this, at least.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #717 (isolation #62) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 715, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't think it's scummy necessarily. I townread you for it originally.

I think if someone has qualities that get them townread naturally, they'll often play them up as scum. That may be what you're doing here.

Maybe you're right and I'm reaching.
Fair enough. I see what you're saying, my bad.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #719 (isolation #63) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Are we all at least in agreement that if Grendel comes back from his read through and either votes or says his vote is theoretically on Gamma (to prevent a hammer), it's claim time, right?

Can we all hold hands in a circle and sing Kumbaya over this possibility at the very least?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #721 (isolation #64) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 718, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 716, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 713, Infinity 324 wrote:

You still here, Gamma?
By the way, this post pinged the hell out of me

Like what he was accusing gamma of, too eager to end the day

It's possible it's just cause he's just not used to the site meta tho
Based on your post, I thought Gamma was one vote away from a lynch at this point. Go ahead and quote my next follow up post if you're gonna point fingers over this, at least.
It's not your mistaken belief that's important. It's your reaction when you believed gamma was at L-1.

You believed that gamma was at L-1, and saying you were going to hammer him in the way you did looks scummy to me on the surface.
Why? I've been on him as potentially scummy the whole frigging game almost?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #722 (isolation #65) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 720, Infinity 324 wrote:Gamma has 1 vote on him
He does? I thought Zyf and I voted him and put him at 3 total?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #733 (isolation #66) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 636, Xalxe wrote:
Vote Count 1.7

Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't even acknowledge that book. Turn your head and forget what you have seen. There was no book okay.

Skold (2)
: Lil Uzi Vert, Gamma Emerald
Raskolnikov (1)
: Skold
Lil Uzi Vert (1)
: Zyf
Gamma Emerald (1)
: BlueBloodedToffee
Zyf (1)
: Raskolnikov
BlueBloodedToffee (1)
: Infinity 324

Not Voting
: the blackadder, Gallynukes
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-09-01 07:26:54)

the blackadder is being replaced.

In post 557, Raskolnikov wrote:
@mod
can we get a deadline extension because of all the replacements?
Newbie game deadline extensions are generally only given out in extreme circumstances. I usually only do so if a player is replaced within 72 hours of deadline.
In post 620, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Mod, is it possible to have an up to date VC and more frequent VCs please?
At the risk of abandoning moderator impartiality, when I got home from my closing shift today about 8 pages had appeared since I went to sleep. I am doing my best.
In post 640, Zyf wrote:
WHOOAAAA
NO.
VOTE: Gamma
I like gally again now so fuck my reads list is now totally mixed up
Again
Fuck
Plus my vote. Three.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #737 (isolation #67) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 725, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 721, Gallynukes wrote:Why? I've been on him as potentially scummy the whole frigging game almost?
The entire short, inactive game, yes.

Seems too early to me, I can see why it wouldn't be to you though.
Too early for what? A claim? Why are you so against Gamma simply claiming and all of us respectable gents pumping the breaks and breaking down how said claim effects what we know -- however minimal at this point -- going forward?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #743 (isolation #68) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 735, Grendel wrote:I'm getting off early tonight. I'd appreciate it if you'd give me time to finish reading before ending the day.

That should go without saying, but I've seen over eager beavers end the day preemptively before. And it be nice if that would stop happening to me.
Least we could do. I'm down.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #753 (isolation #69) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 748, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 744, Zyf wrote:U know...
I need some help understanding what your gally read is
My gut says he's scum. Something rubs me the wrong way about his gamma read...I'm liking the apologetic-ness less now that I know he's played mafia before.

His reads seem like they could've been easily fabricated and kind of more like he's finding something to write as opposed to trying to explain his opinion.

How about you?
Never played Mafia before. Werewolf. Similar, but different enough to warrant questions imo. Sorry for trying to learn and play properly I guess.

And did you not read my two lean lists? Like you said, its so early, what kind of more in-depth opinions are you looking for?

Speaking of which, can you bump your last in-depth reads list por favor? I must have missed it.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #758 (isolation #70) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Interesting how the moment Grendel subbed in and was essentially the theoretical vote to put Gamma at Lynch-1, Infinity immediately comes out with some quasi-formula he has suggesting Grendel is scum. A "formula" he never did explain in full to the best of my knowledge?

I admit, I'm kind of grasping a bit here and it's probably nothing, but the tining and circumstances surrounding it was just strange imo. Very strange.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #766 (isolation #71) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 762, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 753, Gallynukes wrote:
My gut says he's scum. Something rubs me the wrong way about his gamma read...I'm liking the apologetic-ness less now that I know he's played mafia before.

His reads seem like they could've been easily fabricated and kind of more like he's finding something to write as opposed to trying to explain his opinion.

How about you?
Never played Mafia before. Werewolf. Similar, but different enough to warrant questions imo. Sorry for trying to learn and play properly I guess.
That's not why I think you're scum :roll:
And did you not read my two lean lists? Like you said, its so early, what kind of more in-depth opinions are you looking for?

Speaking of which, can you bump your last in-depth reads list por favor? I must have missed it.
:roll:

It should be clear for everyone reading this thread what my positions are on everyone, and I've stated in-depth reasoning at least once for many of them. I read your reads list, they're exactly what I'm talking about.

For example, you gave no opinion on me independently from gamma when I'm one of the most active posters (and still didn't when I questioned you on it).
I did in my first list, remember that one?

And why not make it easy for everyone and just post a list right now for documentation sake? It doesn't need to be 900 words like mine. Legit make a simple, ranking list. What's the big deal?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #768 (isolation #72) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 764, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 760, Zyf wrote:

How about you?
I feel like you have way too much confidence in patterns of newbie play.
Obv, i like his gamma read b/c we're on the same wavelength but he isn't parroting me
As for fabricated reads, i feel like most reads right now could be fabricated
Only thing i don't like in those reads is the association conclusion related to you, but that interestingly makes me more confident the reads aren't fabricated.
Why do you say gally isn't parroting you? He took the same thing you talked about (wagon-hopping) and expressed it differently.

And what do you think about finding something to say vs. explaining his opinions
Do you remember how I had those same opinions before Zyf ever even entered the game? That's some next-level parroting right there!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #785 (isolation #73) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 772, Infinity 324 wrote:That was a long time ago though.

PEdit: sure

LUV - town, seems to have genuine opinions even though he doesn't push hard for them
rask - sorting him, read pending
zyf - aggressive push on gamma is hard to imagine from scum
gally - null lean scum for reasons I just talked about
gamma - town, he put a lot of effort in early on to get the game moving. playing very un-carefully.
BBT - null slight lean scum for some fluff by kyndy
grendel - null
skold - lean town for drawing negative attention to himself
Thanks! :]

Catching up on a page and a half or so. Just busted out some dishes real quick for brownie points with girlfriend in the morning.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #786 (isolation #74) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 774, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 767, Zyf wrote:Infinity, i realize this is partly my fault but:
Why are you so wk-oriented? If you think gally is scum, rather than opposing their pushes, why not take an active role and push gally?
And let people speak for themselves sometimes, y'know. That's part of the importance of D1.
Because my townreads are stronger than my scumreads at this point.

See, I'm pushing him in my own way. I'm trying to question him on things he can respond to, which isn't much at this point.
In post 768, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 764, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 760, Zyf wrote:

How about you?
I feel like you have way too much confidence in patterns of newbie play.
Obv, i like his gamma read b/c we're on the same wavelength but he isn't parroting me
As for fabricated reads, i feel like most reads right now could be fabricated
Only thing i don't like in those reads is the association conclusion related to you, but that interestingly makes me more confident the reads aren't fabricated.
Why do you say gally isn't parroting you? He took the same thing you talked about (wagon-hopping) and expressed it differently.

And what do you think about finding something to say vs. explaining his opinions
Do you remember how I had those same opinions before Zyf ever even entered the game? That's some next-level parroting right there!
Sorry, forgot about that.

When you unvoted gamma after your initial vote though, I felt like that was because your suspicions went away or something-- is that not true? If they didn't go away, why unvote?

Why are you so apologetic in your push?

I assume if gamma flipped town you would read me as slight town again?
No problem.

When I invited it was still SUPER early. Was gonna give it some time, then upon my rearead earlier I came back to my original conclusion more strongly.

Apologetic because I hate pushing anyone's game to end early no matter my reads. It's never fun exiting a game D1 as we all know.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #789 (isolation #75) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 777, Infinity 324 wrote:@gally If skold is town because you think gally is scum, why not zyf as well?
To be completely honest this was more-so a super early grasping at straws kind of opinion from my first read list. Didn't read much more from Skold since then, hence the same snippet in Part 2.

Reading more from you guys, I've kind of seen the error of my ways there -- and yes, that includes my lumping you in for the similar theory of supporting Gamma.

In short, I believe I made a mistake with these reads -- basically jumping to sensational conclusions entirely-too-early.

Real talk. :shrug:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #792 (isolation #76) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 782, Zyf wrote:
In post 779, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 146, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 144, Gamma Emerald wrote:I've mostly been trying to create discussion by calling out behaviors that seemed odd. My first vote was just Random, and my second was a name confusion.
Fair enough.

Unvote.

In post 145, Infinity 324 wrote:I think we can look at :D his voting record after this early game period.

Ah I know, I meant it'll be harder to look at his voting record in the future when it matters with all the voting. But I'll take his word for it for now.

As of right now, no, no additional reads yet. I'm gonna go back and read everything through a second time. Will post more in-depth thoughts based on gut instincts then. Again, though, just take em with a grain of salt as I'm still very unfamiliar with everyone. (Then again, that might turn out to be a benefit if I go on straight instinct. Just not a ton of stuff to pore over yet.)
This is what I'm talking about
Isn't this case different now though?
Because gamma isn't just voting based on odd scummy behaviors...
They're voting people (EVEN people they TOWNREAD) just to get their attention when they cluld just type their question in bold, for example.
Specifically (for me, at least), the Beetlejuice thing and saying people don't claim on Day 1 are what spurred my renewed suspicions.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #796 (isolation #77) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 791, Zyf wrote:
In post 789, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 777, Infinity 324 wrote:@gally If skold is town because you think gally is scum, why not zyf as well?
To be completely honest this was more-so a super early grasping at straws kind of opinion from my first read list. Didn't read much more from Skold since then, hence the same snippet in Part 2.

Reading more from you guys, I've kind of seen the error of my ways there -- and yes, that includes my lumping you in for the similar theory of supporting Gamma.

In short, I believe I made a mistake with these reads -- basically jumping to sensational conclusions entirely-too-early.

Real talk. :shrug:
G'ohh...i don't like this post
I'm still 110% on Gamma. I'm just not going to keep defending the Gamma/Skold and Gamma/Infinity stances when I'm barely buying it myself anymore.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #802 (isolation #78) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 793, Infinity 324 wrote:Can you state your reads on me and skold now? It's ok if you take some time to do this.

And just to be clear, you think zyf and gamma could realistically be scumbuddies?
For the latter, no I don't. For the same reason as the you and Skold things.

Skold, honestly, I need to read more of.

You, I'm leaning town. Zyf I still have no clue about so far. Maybe now I know what it's like for people trying to read me. :P

If you had a gun to my head, I'm leaning town, but like I said in my second list, there's just something about him. Like the fact that I can't get a read on him is a deliberate play on his part. (Being hard to read for everyone, not just me).

Just the question if that's always his playstyle and he just naturally reads as subtly scummy.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #804 (isolation #79) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

All in all, I think trying to nail one scum D1 is enough. Trying to nail the whole damn team just lends itself to a lot of misreads, mistakes, paranoia and unproductive pandering. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. etc.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #806 (isolation #80) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 797, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 792, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 782, Zyf wrote:
In post 779, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 146, Gallynukes wrote:
Fair enough.

Unvote.

This is what I'm talking about
Isn't this case different now though?
Because gamma isn't just voting based on odd scummy behaviors...
They're voting people (EVEN people they TOWNREAD) just to get their attention when they cluld just type their question in bold, for example.
Specifically (for me, at least), the Beetlejuice thing and saying people don't claim on Day 1 are what spurred my renewed suspicions.
With the beetlejuice thing, why is that scummy? Gamma would have to unvote if the person in question was being lynch or else he would garner major suspicion.

As for saying people don't claim on d1, do you think he's lying about it? He is quite new to the game...
Because the Beetlejuice thing doesn't make any sense at all in theory. Especially coming from a Player who's been known since early on to vote up, down and all around, willy-nilly.

He said he's played offline Mafia plenty if times. Are the basic offline Mafia mechanics really that different? Because I've played offline WW and it was legit the same outside the face-to-face interaction layer.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #807 (isolation #81) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 801, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 796, Gallynukes wrote:I'm still 110% on Gamma. I'm just not going to keep defending the Gamma/Skold and Gamma/Infinity stances when I'm barely buying it myself anymore.
I'm not getting why you're so confident about gamma-- you only have a couple of point against him iirc.

And I don't get what you mean by the second part.
He's my only solid read at the moment. Where else should I go? I feel strongly about it. Which isn't to say I couldn't be wrong. But based off of reading through this thread twice, he's my play.

Last part meant I'm no longer going to try defend the "if Gamma's bad then Skolds good" or vice versa, or "if Gamma's bad you're bad" train of opinion. I kind of believed it at first, but upon reading everyone's thoughts regarding that/those particular theories, my thought process has evolved. Seen the error of my ways so to speak.

Not the case with my sole Gamma read, though.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #811 (isolation #82) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 805, Infinity 324 wrote:@gamma: If you gave a reads list that might help people see where you stand
Agreed.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #820 (isolation #83) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 808, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 806, Gallynukes wrote:Because the Beetlejuice thing doesn't make any sense at all in theory. Especially coming from a Player who's been known since early on to vote up, down and all around, willy-nilly.

He said he's played offline Mafia plenty if times. Are the basic offline Mafia mechanics really that different? Because I've played offline WW and it was legit the same outside the face-to-face interaction layer.
Does the beetlejuice make sense from a scum perspective?

In my experience offline mafia is way different. Players have to be accused to be voted on, and voting only happens at the end of the day and is plurality-based.
Maybe?

I think he got spooked when he was called out so early on as rightful scum, overplayed defending his hand and -- while doing an admirable job of trying to dig himself out of the hole -- has only proceeded to make it deeper.

The more I read from him the more confident I become.

Which again, isn't to say I couldn't be wrong. I've been wrong a lot in these games. But at this point, on Day 1 and with all we've been given to work with, this is theory/read I'm rolling with. For better or worse.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #822 (isolation #84) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:07 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 810, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, this one's name by name.
Infinity: bit suspicious.
Skold: null-town due to limited input.
Gally: town.
LUV: town.
Zyf: At this point, I feel I'm in the same boat with Gally, but I would like if he DIDN'T JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS AS MUCH.
BBT: No damn clue.
Grendel: waiting for further input.
Rask: I don't know rn
PEdit: what I normally play is actually REALLY different, cops are more like vigilantes, and lynching is pretty much "I blame X kill him". Also, those games are Night Start.
Thanks for the list, man.

What's making you a bit suspicious of Infinity now?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #824 (isolation #85) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 812, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 807, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 801, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 796, Gallynukes wrote:I'm still 110% on Gamma. I'm just not going to keep defending the Gamma/Skold and Gamma/Infinity stances when I'm barely buying it myself anymore.
I'm not getting why you're so confident about gamma-- you only have a couple of point against him iirc.

And I don't get what you mean by the second part.
He's my only solid read at the moment. Where else should I go? I feel strongly about it. Which isn't to say I couldn't be wrong. But based off of reading through this thread twice, he's my play.
Gotcha, I just didn't really see the reason for saying you're "110%" on him.
A bit of an overstatement is all. In reality, I'm approximately 67℅ on my read of him.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #826 (isolation #86) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 818, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 815, Zyf wrote:
In post 808, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 806, Gallynukes wrote:Because the Beetlejuice thing doesn't make any sense at all in theory. Especially coming from a Player who's been known since early on to vote up, down and all around, willy-nilly.

Does the beetlejuice make sense from a scum perspective?

In my experience offline mafia is way different. Players have to be accused to be voted on, and voting only happens at the end of the day and is plurality-based.
It makes you look like you're helping pushes without being on the wagon if players check back later
Imo it's the exact opposite

Your vote shows up if people check back later, but you're obviously not pushing
Which would be true except we're clearly all going to remember Gamma's voting patterns from Day 1 for the rest of the game.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #830 (isolation #87) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 828, Infinity 324 wrote:I still maintain the early-mid d1 voting patterns aren't really alignment indicative

So far today, I've voted rask, BBT, and gally
Which is fine. Gamma's legit voted practically almost everyone, including replaced players, their substitutes and everyone in between -- some multiple times.

The only thing that gives me pause is that this was purposefully drawing negative attention to him but he kept doing it for a while longer anyway. Most scum-buddies would have told him to nip it at some point, right? Unless the plan was to continue doing it for this very reason and play it off as newbie play.

This rabbit holes going way too deep for me. It's too late for that type of shit.:P
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #833 (isolation #88) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:24 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 831, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 830, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 828, Infinity 324 wrote:I still maintain the early-mid d1 voting patterns aren't really alignment indicative

So far today, I've voted rask, BBT, and gally
Which is fine. Gamma's legit voted practically almost everyone, including replaced players, their substitutes and everyone in between -- some multiple times.

The only thing that gives me pause is that this was purposefully drawing negative attention to him but he kept doing it for a while longer anyway. Most scum-buddies would have told him to nip it at some point, right? Unless the plan was to continue doing it for this very reason and play it off as newbie play.

This rabbit holes going way too deep for me. It's too late for that type of shit.:P
Does the Mafia get Day talk threads here?
I dunno, you tell me. :wink:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #838 (isolation #89) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

What time zone's Grendel, PST?

(Not rushing things, I just reeeeeeaaally want to read his readthrough thoughts -- to the point I'll stay awake another hour or two, haha)

Liking this place a lot but especially on nights and weekends. Where I play WW it's activity city Monday thru Friday AM to early evening but it's a frigging ghost town late nights and weekends. Really glad I found this place! :D
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #840 (isolation #90) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 837, Infinity 324 wrote:Of course scum can fake townslips. But it's very unlikely for such a new player to think of that (if scum don't have daytalk. If they do, still unlikely, but possible)
I dunno, Gamma seems like a pretty smart lad. I wouldn't put it past him to think of that.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #842 (isolation #91) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 839, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Think we've beaten a few dead horses here enough guys. Let's wait for Rask, BBT, and Grendal's thoughts.
The voice of reason. Told ya'll mofos.

Uzi... quick reads list if you're game. Ready, set... GO!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #874 (isolation #92) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Damnit.

Unvote
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #875 (isolation #93) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Eeeny-meeny-miny-mo?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #877 (isolation #94) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 852, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: Also, I have just finished a game with Infinity where he was scum. I was one of (if not the only) person to correctly read him as scum early game.
If he feels threatened by me, as well he should, I would expect him to come for me as scum straight away (which he did by immediately voting me as soon as I entered the game)
In post 876, Infinity 324 wrote:I think it's scummy how BBT tried to twist me voting him as scummy

Can we get more votes on him
Damn, legit called his shot.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #881 (isolation #95) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 879, Gamma Emerald wrote:What is going on here.
Some Inception-level shit, apparently.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #883 (isolation #96) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:24 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 880, Infinity 324 wrote:If you're talking about him calling my shot, I had already voted him right when he entered the game
In post 882, Infinity 324 wrote:BBT is most likely scum and tried to call my vote on him scummy

Funny thing is, he says I voted him because I felt threatened, but I think
he's
calling
me
scum cause
he
feels threatened
Oh, I know. I just have precisely no frigging idea how to feel about any of this. The very fabric of my being has been shaken to its core. I don't even know what to do with myself.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #888 (isolation #97) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 886, Infinity 324 wrote:Sorry everyone about the meta stuff, it's really hard to avoid when you've played with someone before :?
I'm surprised you guys mostly avoid it. At my WW site we have "notebooks" regarding people's tells and shit from past games. Not that that's the right way to go -- just interesting to see the relatively grey line that exists on here in regards to meta as a whole.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #889 (isolation #98) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 885, Infinity 324 wrote:I may have just made that more confusing

Suffice it to say, more people should vote BBT

@BBT: How much responsibility do you feel to set a good example in this game
I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and waiting for his read through and thoughts before I decide anything. Again, like you were stressing yesterday, where's the rush?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #890 (isolation #99) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:35 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Also, Infinity, how were you so sure he/they were scum before BBT even entered into the game? Not doubting you, just wondering regarding your thought process is all. I shall hang up and listen.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #893 (isolation #100) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 891, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 888, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 886, Infinity 324 wrote:Sorry everyone about the meta stuff, it's really hard to avoid when you've played with someone before :?
I'm surprised you guys mostly avoid it. At my WW site we have "notebooks" regarding people's tells and shit from past games. Not that that's the right way to go -- just interesting to see the relatively grey line that exists on here in regards to meta as a whole.
What site was this?
Pack Mentality.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #896 (isolation #101) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 892, Infinity 324 wrote:I overplayed my confidence originally for pressure purposes. In fact, I'm still not ready to lynch BBT yet. But I would like to pressure him.
Fair enough.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #904 (isolation #102) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 901, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 897, Zyf wrote:
In post 872, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 870, Zyf wrote:
In post 868, Gamma Emerald wrote:Including me.
1: I think I agree with Zyf on quite a few things.
2: Grendel or Gally.
Why do you already trust grendel?
They haven't even started really playing/sharing their thoughts yet.
I town read him currently.
For WHAT?
You're being a VI dude, they have done NOTHING AI
META EXISTS. I think he's got a certain playstyle as town, so I'm trusting him until I see otherwise.
It's perfectly okay to just admit you're reading him as town out the gate because he's your friend. Because there's legit almost nothing to go on regarding his play thus far. I used to do that shit all the time when I first started.

Shit, I even faked a view one time for a friend I was certain was town and it ended up he was scum and I lost a pretty much almost-to-that-point un-losable game.... Still haven't lived that one down. :bag:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #906 (isolation #103) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 902, Zyf wrote:I like this gladiate idea
If everyone could please vote between infi and bbt that'd be nice kthnx
VOTE: BlackBladedTomato
VOTE: bbt
It's time for the bbt to become bbq
Sounds like a plan. I'm just waiting for BBT to finish his readthrough so I can see where he stands.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #909 (isolation #104) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 908, Zyf wrote:
In post 905, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because I'm not gonna pick on a person playing catch-up, but I support the gladiator idea.
VOTE: Infinity
Also, Gally you are right actually, that's part of it.
Thank you for admitting that it's based on friendship.

I have the same problem w/ rask rn tbh
See guys, isn't this nice? We're making progress. Building character. Putting hair on our chest.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #920 (isolation #105) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 912, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 34, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 31, Gamma Emerald wrote:Infinity has been very frequently posting in another game. Thoughts?
There's not much to comment on here :]

I like the observation though
In post 75, Infinity 324 wrote: The way you're pushing me looks towny. Especially that last post.
In post 81, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok frustration for the inactivity looks town.

And I feel you! Sometimes we just have to wait...
This is slightly different. This is called 'pocketing' where you agree/empathise with people in order to get them on your side.
TIL. Explains Infinity's playstyle perfectly thus far, but is he not like that in most of the games he plays? #metayesbutwhatevs
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #921 (isolation #106) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 914, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:That's not your role. And you can be welcoming without buddying/appeasing/pocketing.
To be fair, he rode me pretty hard yesterday during my efforts to get Gamma to claim. So he's not pocketing/buddying
everyone
per se. Just making a note, still haven't formed a concrete opinion on this yet.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #923 (isolation #107) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 918, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 917, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I welcome votes on Infinity and will continue my catch up soon.
Why wait to catch up?
He's doing work, son. Watch, learn and take notes.

Just remember if he flips scum, scum can and will often try to be ridiculously helpful to gain town loyalty. Kind of like Infinity has been doing but in his own, different way. Not saying that this is the case, just that it's a possibility and to remember it come end-game when everything's out in the open so you can look back and learn a valuable lesson for the future.

I'm still pretty torn on the BBT/Infinity thing at the moment, to be honest. I need to go back and read a few more things myself.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #924 (isolation #108) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 922, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:TIL?

I didn't see that in previous games. He is trying to explain it as 'helping the newbies' but I'm not buying it. The way he goes about it reeks of scum motivation.
Abbreviation for "today I learned." :P

Gotcha, thanks!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #925 (isolation #109) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Infinity has three votes on him currently, correct? If I'm counting right, BBT, Zyf and Gamma (because of course he is) are all on him.

In regards to Infinity's "pocketing" or lack thereof of me, reading things back it could be spun that he was riding me hard specifically to re-gain Gamma's trust again, who turned on him at some point yesterday. After answering many of his questions -- many of which were essentially the same question just rephrased multiple times, he cooled on me and stated he was reading me as town again.

One sec, going back to read Infinity's updated list from last night.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #926 (isolation #110) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Gallynukes »

LUV - town, seems to have genuine opinions even though he doesn't push hard for them
gamma - town, he put a lot of effort in early on to get the game moving. playing very un-carefully.
grendel - null
Literally not DOS'ing anyone outside of myself (who he would later put back in the null town lean column) and BBT, who Infinity's been frothing at the mouth about since he entered the game. Legit everyone else is either town leaned, neutral or reading pending. Combined with the "pocketing" theory, I don't know... I don't like it.

Infinity, I'm sorry bud, but please consider my vote on you. You're theoretically now at four votes -- I just don't want to put you at four and then have someone hammer you out of the blue.

Claim time.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #930 (isolation #111) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 928, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You should vote him. There is nothing wrong with having someone at L-1 38 pages into a game.

It's time for a lynch. Too much information can be detrimental for town sometimes because you lose the real important stuff in all of the back and forths.

L-1 also has numerous other advantages.
Oh I completely agree it's far past time for a lynch, but I don't see the harm in hearing what he has to claim. If it's peej, don't worry, I'll still be voting him as that's the easy fake for him. Just want to hear what he has to say. God forbid he's a GG role and a BG randomly comes in and hammers him right away and then we're really fucked. We're already 38 pages deep, what's 1-2 more max?

Also, what other advantages are there for L-1 other than putting them in claim territory and putting them into position to potentially be lynched without words? To see who potentially hammers him?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #931 (isolation #112) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 929, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 928, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You should vote him. There is nothing wrong with having someone at L-1 38 pages into a game.

It's time for a lynch. Too much information can be detrimental for town sometimes because you lose the real important stuff in all of the back and forths.

He wants to avoid a Quickhammer.
Correct, good sir!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #933 (isolation #113) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 927, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 925, Gallynukes wrote:Infinity has three votes on him currently, correct? If I'm counting right, BBT, Zyf and Gamma (because of course he is) are all on him.

In regards to Infinity's "pocketing" or lack thereof of me, reading things back it could be spun that he was riding me hard specifically to re-gain Gamma's trust again, who turned on him at some point yesterday. After answering many of his questions -- many of which were essentially the same question just rephrased multiple times, he cooled on me and stated he was reading me as town again.

Ba-scuse me?
...Infinity has three votes on him currently, correct? If I'm counting right, BBT, Zyf and Gamma (because of course he is) are all on him.

Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #934 (isolation #114) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 932, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 930, Gallynukes wrote:

Oh I completely agree it's far past time for a lynch, but I don't see the harm in hearing what he has to claim. If it's peej, don't worry, I'll still be voting him as that's the easy fake for him. Just want to hear what he has to say. God forbid he's a GG role and a BG randomly comes in and hammers him right away and then we're really fucked. We're already 38 pages deep, what's 1-2 more max?

Also, what other advantages are there for L-1 other than putting them in claim territory and putting them into position to potentially be lynched without words? To see who potentially hammers him?
Peej?
Not roled. Pure town.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #936 (isolation #115) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 935, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why "of course I am"?
Just busting balls due to your voting so much this game, man. I think you're on the right player this time. All in good fun! :]
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #941 (isolation #116) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Gallynukes »

BeetlejuiceInfinity, BeetlejuiceInfinity, BeetlejuiceInfinity!

Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #947 (isolation #117) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 938, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You can hear what he has to say whilst he is at L-1.

Nobody will quick hammer. Quick hammering is essentially a scum claim if Infinity somehow flips town.
How do you know that, though? And my vote is all but on him, I'm not going anywhere. When it comes time to officially put him at L-1, he'll be officially put at L-1. If it helps just pretend I'm currently voting him. Same difference, much less risk.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #955 (isolation #118) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 948, Zyf wrote:Gally, vote
People around here don't claim unless they're L-1 w/ hammer intent
Wait, for real?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #959 (isolation #119) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Fine. But I'm doing an unofficial vote tally right afterward to prevent the aforementioned Grendel accidental hammer.

I really hope I don't regret this.

Vote Infinity to L-1
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #967 (isolation #120) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Gallynukes »

UNOFFICIAL DONT ACCIDENTALLY HAMMER GRENDEL D1 VOTE TALLY

Infinity (4): BBT, Zyf, Gamma, Gally
BBT (1): Infinity

Forget Who Everyone Else Is Voting For or Yet to Vote (4): Skold, Uzi, Rask, Grendel

I feel like I'm forgetting someone, but oh well. Shit's unofficial anyway.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #969 (isolation #121) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 964, Zyf wrote:
In post 961, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Did BBT even fully get caught up or give his thoughts on someone not Infinity?
LUV
is infi's scumbuddy
confirmed.
He's legit been catching up and doing work all day.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #972 (isolation #122) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 960, Zyf wrote:
In post 959, Gallynukes wrote:Fine. But I'm doing an unofficial vote tally right afterward to prevent the aforementioned Grendel accidental hammer.

I really hope I don't regret this.

Vote Infinity to L-1
thank you for your cooperation

feel free to ask infinity whether I'm correct about normal site etiquette so that it's clear to you I'm not lying
All good. You and BBT both saying it's good enough now we know there's no day boards for scum. (Not that I suspect you guys, just in this particular instance.)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #975 (isolation #123) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 971, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 925, Gallynukes wrote:Infinity has three votes on him currently, correct? If I'm counting right, BBT, Zyf and Gamma (because of course he is) are all on him.

My townread on you came from assuming scum have daytalk when they don't. Also, many of your answers showed I was misunderstanding your motivations.
In post 926, Gallynukes wrote:

grendel - null
Literally not DOS'ing anyone outside of myself (who he would later put back in the null town lean column) and BBT, who Infinity's been frothing at the mouth about since he entered the game. Legit everyone else is either town leaned, neutral or reading pending. Combined with the "pocketing" theory, I don't know... I don't like it.

Infinity, I'm sorry bud, but please consider my vote on you. You're theoretically now at four votes -- I just don't want to put you at four and then have someone hammer you out of the blue.

Claim time.
What can I say, people haven't really done many scummy things so far.

I think we can give it some time before a claim.
In post 949, Zyf wrote:
In post 939, Skold wrote:
In post 922, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I didn't see that in previous games. He is trying to explain it as 'helping the newbies' but I'm not buying it. The way he goes about it reeks of scum motivation.
This is some next level godlike understanding of mafia we're just not ready for or are you going to explain why it reeks of scum motivation? And can you explain why something scum would be motivated to do can't just be a towny getting caught up for being nice?
I wouldn't really consider it much, except that rask did the same thing to me–pocket me at a point during D1 when it was just the 2 of us posting.
Just because it happened before doesn't mean it's happening again.

BBT, answer my question about how much responsibility you feel in teaching players how to play, it's important for my read on you.
Yeah, no. Claim time.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #981 (isolation #124) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 973, Raskolnikov wrote:I am back, sorry for inactivity.

Infinity is town, I would put my (this game) life on it.
And this is based on...?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #984 (isolation #125) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 977, Zyf wrote:
In post 973, Raskolnikov wrote:I am back, sorry for inactivity.

Infinity is town, I would put my (this game) life on it.
so who's scum then?
both gally and gamma have townslipped.
bbt is pushing similar to how i did

and grendel's still on catch-up duty
come to think of it
we should probs wait for grendel
Was prolly so psyched he was all caught up. Poor guy. :lol:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #989 (isolation #126) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 985, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I wasn't going to hammer, but it seemed like you were implying I should. I'm going to however unvote Skold for now.

UNVOTE: Skold

I'm not completely sold on the case for Infinity yet but I'm now ready to vote for someone not Skold at the moment. Things are starting to get lost in the shuffle and we need to make a move. Could each of you voting for Infinity convince me why I should give intent?
Really? Did you not read the last three pages?

Stop stalling. You've been following along all game and choose now to get selective amnesia?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #992 (isolation #127) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 987, Infinity 324 wrote:The case on me is really weak, it's based on some early game posts that could be scum-motivated, but could also easily be (and are) town-motivated. You guys are sheeping scum who hasn't even caught up with the thread.
True, but he is in the process of getting fully caught up and he's documented his getting caught up all the way through.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1016 (isolation #128) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 997, Zyf wrote:
In post 985, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I wasn't going to hammer, but it seemed like you were implying I should. I'm going to however unvote Skold for now.

UNVOTE: Skold

I'm not completely sold on the case for Infinity yet but I'm now ready to vote for someone not Skold at the moment. Things are starting to get lost in the shuffle and we need to make a move. Could each of you voting for Infinity convince me why I should give intent?
for doing things I've seen scum pull before in a newbie (one pocket) plus other scenarios where they were trying to appease people

furthermore, for having a reads list that lined up way too much with town majority

both of these things were brought to my attention by others (bbt and gally, respectively), and the evidence is markedly more convincing than any other leads we've had so far. I'm not going to take credit for finding stuff, though.

Furthermore, their scumreads are supposedly based on PoE (which usually indicates a weak confidence in scumreads) but that is contradicted by their high (relative to their other pushes) aggro on BBT.
And also PoE can be used as a cop-out to prevent yourself from having to take much responsibility for your scumreads, because they aren't actual scumreads.

Please note that I do NOT want you to hammer, I want you to INTENT TO HAMMER, meaning you let others (namely the player at L-1) know that it's time for a claim without actually lynching the player in case of a PR.
Plus his reads list outside of me (who he later flipped to town) and BBT (who he's been hard for since he came into the game) was all null, town reads or to-be-read laters. Literally trying to appease everyone outside of BBT.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1018 (isolation #129) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1001, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Is it me who is stalling? Or is BBT? Grendal? Maybe it's Rask?

I'm not voting until I'm 90% sure. Giving intent means nothing right now as he's probably not going to claim with 4 days left.
Yes he will, with intent. Because if he doesn't, he can be lynched sans claim.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1025 (isolation #130) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1006, Zyf wrote:
In post 1004, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I like you Skold.
noted for tomorrow if somehow infi flips town
because this is a sudden read change.
In post 1017, Skold wrote:
In post 1014, Zyf wrote:
In post 1010, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm just finishing page 18. It's taken a while because I have taken advantage of the fact that I have had the chance to have real-time interactions.
you're welcome for that

this thread was dead 3 days ago
This thread made sense 3 days ago. I don't like that you've created nearly 30 pages of worthless nothing I can't draw shit from because none of it makes sense.
Regardless of how Infinity comes up as, Uzi's latest posts leave me with a big, confused question mark on him.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1026 (isolation #131) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1021, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Stop wall quoting.

It makes thread hard to read. Just @somebody or trim the quote to whatever you're responding to.
My bad. On phone. Legit takes me like 143 seconds to backspace most of these quotes down to the relevant info, but I'll start since I'm very kind and just like that.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1027 (isolation #132) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:49 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1024, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If the game was dead that means a) scum were happy with previous game state or b) scum were inactive.
Or the mutually beneficial, C: Both.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1028 (isolation #133) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1025, Gallynukes wrote: Regardless of how Infinity comes up as, Uzi's latest posts leave me with a big, confused question mark on him.
Didn't mean to quote all that before that. My phone's being an asshole.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1030 (isolation #134) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1003, Skold wrote:@LUV if he refuses to claim, I'll hammer. He's online, he knows.
Bump for Infinity.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1031 (isolation #135) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1029, Skold wrote:Get yourself on a PC boi.
Should be back on one soon. Thank goodness.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1036 (isolation #136) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Gallynukes »

What's VT exactly? (I literally don't know -- legit question)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1043 (isolation #137) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1038, Skold wrote:I'd like a lynch at or around 24 hours before deadline. Emergency shit shouldn't cause a no lynch, and people seem like they have shit to say.
pedit: Gally plz.
What? Where I'm from we call em Plain Jane Villagers, I'm just unfamiliar with some of the lingo.

Infinity, of you're a Vanilla Townie or whatever why'd you take so long to claim? I get that if you're a legit VT you wouldn't want to out that regardless to scum, but you were dangerously close to a lynch sans-claim there.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1048 (isolation #138) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Question: 9 total players so how many scum are likely? Two or three? (And there aren't any indies in this style game, right?)
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1057 (isolation #139) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:24 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Unvote.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1097 (isolation #140) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1088, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1048, Gallynukes wrote:Question: 9 total players so how many scum are likely? Two or three? (And there aren't any indies in this style game, right?)
Wasnt there quite a bit of discussion earlier about 2-person scum teams?
Wasn't sure if that was speculation or concrete evidence. Was trying to put the player numbers in perspective for read listing sake.

Just read through the wiki, though, and I'm good on the knowledge front at this point. Just a lot of differences from WW.

Lastly, why would I continuously townslip on purpose after having been essentially confirmed from the first one? I'm just trying to make decisions here with all the available information I can. Because at the moment, my reads list is all over the frigging place.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1098 (isolation #141) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1092, Zyf wrote:
In post 1089, Raskolnikov wrote:@inf
I haven't actually looked at gallynukes for a while but him townslipping over and over again (or playing to that effect) is weirding me out.

Last time I looked at lil I was convinced town but I'll have to retrace my steps to explain why.
i'm particularly interested in lil
+1
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1114 (isolation #142) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1108, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:They were poor ones so I wanted to see if everyone voting would restate the same cases or give me different ones.

And sure, I have some updated reads but I'd prefer to explain them later as this is just another quick shitty list. I don't mind taking questions about them right now though.

Town: Gamma, Infinity, Skold
Null: Gally, Rask, Zyf, Grendal
Scum: BBT
Why is Gamma town but not me? #teamtownslip
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1120 (isolation #143) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1112, Zyf wrote:
In post 1109, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Not going to start voting but nice try.
>has scumread
>treats vote like holy sword that kills immediately upon being activated so refuses to use it
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1144 (isolation #144) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1128, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 804, Gallynukes wrote:All in all, I think trying to nail one scum D1 is enough. Trying to nail the whole damn team just lends itself to a lot of misreads, mistakes, paranoia and unproductive pandering. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. etc.
@gally: Doesn't this imply you assumed there were 2 scum?
Not really? "Whole damn team" doesn't mean two as far as I know. Could be three, four -- shit, could be a whole 52-man NFL roster!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1145 (isolation #145) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1134, Infinity 324 wrote:
@gally: Have you fake townslipped before as scum (werewolf)?
You're reaching, man. Just stop. This isn't a productive usage of your time.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1147 (isolation #146) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Grendel bringing it, hot damn!

I think he and his fantastically detailed notes are exactly what we need as a town as a refresher course. Because we're at somewhat of an impasse, and these'll help get everybody on the sane page again. For the most part. Good stuff!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1148 (isolation #147) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1146, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1144, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 1128, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 804, Gallynukes wrote:All in all, I think trying to nail one scum D1 is enough. Trying to nail the whole damn team just lends itself to a lot of misreads, mistakes, paranoia and unproductive pandering. Rome wasn't built in a day, etc. etc.
@gally: Doesn't this imply you assumed there were 2 scum?
Not really? "Whole damn team" doesn't mean two as far as I know. Could be three, four -- shit, could be a whole 52-man NFL roster!
REALLY? There's not even 52 players, let alone 52 Mafia.
I'm aware of that, good sir. Read it again. I was just illustrating how the phrase, "whole damn team" could mean pretty much anything.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1155 (isolation #148) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Just went back and re-read Uzi's posts. It may be newbie sheen but a good percentage -- I'd say at least 2/3rds, maybe more -- of his posts have had very little substance. Either that or were simply piggybacking off another user's already established idea(s), quoting them and then usually agreeing by simply rephrasing the point in question in a different way.

After Zyf's post earlier stating pretty much the same thing, Uzi magically produced an in-depth list, which just so happens to be spearheaded by the seemingly upcoming runup du jour of BBT. Which is fine, but during BBT's strong push to lynch Infinity, not only did Uzi not say anything, he feigned ignorance to the very same discussion that had been going on all afternoon.

Maybe he did this because he was leaning scum on BBT -- fine, but why not say as much? He's been super reluctant to commit on pretty much anything until this BBT lean that's ironically come in the wake of his voting abstinence being brought up.

Sorry to call you out like this, man. I was giving you the benefit of a doubt early on cause you're new but you've been increasingly acting real suspicious in my eyes. I'm voting you for the moment but am open to your reply on what I just laid out.

Vote Uzi
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1162 (isolation #149) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:00 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1157, Zyf wrote:
In post 1155, Gallynukes wrote:Just went back and re-read Uzi's posts. It may be newbie sheen but a good percentage -- I'd say at least 2/3rds, maybe more -- of his posts have had very little substance. Either that or were simply piggybacking off another user's already established idea(s), quoting them and then usually agreeing by simply rephrasing the point in question in a different way.

After Zyf's post earlier stating pretty much the same thing, Uzi magically produced an in-depth list, which just so happens to be spearheaded by the seemingly upcoming runup du jour of BBT. Which is fine, but during BBT's strong push to lynch Infinity, not only did Uzi not say anything, he feigned ignorance to the very same discussion that had been going on all afternoon.

Maybe he did this because he was leaning scum on BBT -- fine, but why not say as much? He's been super reluctant to commit on pretty much anything until this BBT lean that's ironically come in the wake of his voting abstinence being brought up.

Sorry to call you out like this, man. I was giving you the benefit of a doubt early on cause you're new but you've been increasingly acting real suspicious in my eyes. I'm voting you for the moment but am open to your reply on what I just laid out.

Vote Uzi
@Gally:
Can you, like, /not/ follow everything I do just later?
It's starting to seriously bug me.

Other than that, i think we'll get a lot more out of bbt than we will luv
Also some people just fukin gut townread him so it's not even gonna get past l-2, we're wasting time

And my wrists.
I don't know when you first pegged your suspicions on Uzi, but I posted like 4 hours ago during the Infinity runup he was rubbing me strangely. I'll go find it.

And this vote is more about getting him on my voting history than anything else. I'm still kind of meh about NBT to be honest and won't change that opinion without reading his responses to everything that's happened.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1174 (isolation #150) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1163, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1155, Gallynukes wrote:Just went back and re-read Uzi's posts. It may be newbie sheen but a good percentage -- I'd say at least 2/3rds, maybe more -- of his posts have had very little substance. Either that or were simply piggybacking off another user's already established idea(s), quoting them and then usually agreeing by simply rephrasing the point in question in a different way.

Vote Uzi
None taken man! I'll try to explain my play as best as I can below.

The early game was very slow up into Zyf came in. I didn't feel alarmed by anyone yet and half of the player list was inactive, so the only thing I felt was worth focusing on was Skold because his play was policy lynch worthy and people were letting in slide, so I felt if we voted for him we could use how he flips to scum hunt day 2.

Zyf comes in and starts attacking Gamma which was fine despite the logic being terrible but I felt he had good intentions but just forget that this is newbie game. His aggro play didn't really ping me until he started attacking me and as I explained in my last read list and recent developments, I thought it was worth noting.

I didn't step in or try to defend or see BBT's side because I never bought his case from the go because he stated multiple times he was catching up so in my mind, there is no way he could have a legit case on Infinity if he's on like page 15. It's not my fault he choose to play like he did and is still doing.

As for my thoughts not being my own I don't really know what to say to that. I agree and disagree on things just anyone else but this game I just happened to share a lot of the same thoughts with you guys.

I'm sorry if I'm not as pushy as everyone else, I play the long game usually and like to observe, re-read, and ask questions when I can. I'm not a fan of aggro play, it just doesn't seem to get anywhere and makes everyone wish the game was over.

I guess the best way to describe it as I'm not a leader, I'm a follower.
Well said. Nothing wrong with being a follower but trust in yourself more. You clearly have the head for this from that post -- don't be afraid to share more for fear of being wrong. One of the best parts of the game imo. The constant second questioning of theories and reevaluation.

Unvote.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1186 (isolation #151) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1172, Infinity 324 wrote:Really like grendel's catchup.
Right? Like I don't even care if he ends up being scum, if he's willing to put
that
much effort into in-depth note reads for the town, like... I wouldn't even care about losing. Shit's impressive.

The question is, does Grendel do this often?

And Grendel, non-game related question: You TOTALLY have an actual notebook with players' various town/scum playing habits and tendencies, don't you? Not that that's a bad thing, I think its one of the best things about playing in a consistent community -- looking at things on a deeper level than the game itself but still entwined with the game. Based on shared history. It's like a soft-meta.

Anyway, sorry. Big fan of the notes. Looking forward to your all-caught-up thoughts.

Everyone else: Don't put
any
stock in
any
of my Grendel reads henceforth. I don't think I could lean scum on him even with a gun to my head. I'm going to stop talking now and go make another drink. So this concludes my marking out over Grendel's notes.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1191 (isolation #152) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1184, Raskolnikov wrote:I don't get it though. Why do you even scumread BBT now when you just came off his wagon? You literally agreed with his push before you didn't.
Maybe to see how BBT reacts in comparison to a similar run-up situation? How he reacts? And claims if necessary? Then compare the two? Should I stop asking so many questions?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1197 (isolation #153) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:24 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1188, Raskolnikov wrote:But that's whether you decide to lynch someone or not.
You're putting him at the top of your readlist because of the claim? Did all your problems with him before just disappear?

Explain BBT and infinity read more.
To be fair as well, Zyf has been all about pushing things along this whole game, but not in the willy-nilly early-D1-Gamma kind of way, but in a different way.

I honestly don't know why I'm defending him at this point, I'm still completely null on him more or less. The fact our styles of play snd postings are so similar it kind of freaks me out but in a good way? So I guess I'm leaning subconciously town but my brains screaming to not be biased by my gut. Because my guts often lead me awry.

Hopefully this made some semblance of sense. Running on like 4 hours of sleep from last night and I'm just fumes at this point.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1205 (isolation #154) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1202, Zyf wrote:
In post 1200, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1198, Zyf wrote:
In post 1195, Gamma Emerald wrote:Um...I've never seen Grendel as scum. However, he is a big time number cruncher, at least in the game we played together(though not really because I replaced in after he died). He actually gave me the idea to ask those two question I did earlier. So basically, this lines up with his past town play.
Fucking fantastic //sarcasm
Now i /really/ have scumreading issues
That wasn't sarcastic. I've only seen Grendel as town and independent on SM.Net games. I may check here if you need me to.
I was thinking out loud about how i no longer have any direction to find scum
Because everyone has done things i like to consider make them STRONG TOWN!!!11!!
<NBAcommercialmusic> Day 1. Where batshit insane logic and unfounded hyper-delusion happens! </NBAcommercialmusic>
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1209 (isolation #155) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1206, Zyf wrote:Possible. Anything is.
However, i don't null or scumread gally, btw. He's town for townslips
As are you, Gamma. Second time I've had to remind you of this...

Remember?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1214 (isolation #156) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1210, Raskolnikov wrote:You read like comfortable and nonchalant in how you act while your actual position if you're town (based on what your saying) you SHOULDN'T be.
I mean, it is Day 1, right? Didn't you say not too long ago you were also mentally overwhelmed and weren't sure where to go next?

Pretty fast turnaround. Second wind?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1215 (isolation #157) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1210, Raskolnikov wrote:You read like comfortable and nonchalant in how you act while your actual position if you're town (based on what your saying) you SHOULDN'T be.
Quick question: Did you conpletely read through everything you'd missed earlier or did you skim a bit? It's okay if you skimmed. We've all done it.

Because Zyf was nothing remotely close to calm and non chalant for like... The first half of Day 1.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1221 (isolation #158) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1217, Zyf wrote:
In post 1215, Gallynukes wrote:
Quick question: Did you conpletely read through everything you'd missed earlier or did you skim a bit? It's okay if you skimmed. We've all done it.

Because Zyf was nothing remotely close to calm and non chalant for like... The first half of Day 1.
Pls stop defending me it looks bad
Kthanks

The fact i was so aggro earlier on is WHY rask handed me a townread
Now that it's "gone" i'm scummy
Big reason I'm defending you is due to Rask coming in today like a tornado despite being calm and nonchalant for the early part of Day 1.

That plus he just said like an hour or so ago all this was overwhelming then BAM he's on you like white on rice.

But hey, suit yourself. :shrug:
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1227 (isolation #159) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Nobody trust Dr. Mario. He's NOT a real doctor!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1228 (isolation #160) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Carpal tunnel for the win, son!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1233 (isolation #161) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

It's like... three days away, isn't it? If we have three more discussion debates like we did today, I'm gonna frigging kill myself. I get what you're saying, but if anything people are gonna be more aggro just to get the fuck out of Day 1. We're probably on pace for some kind of record or something.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1236 (isolation #162) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

For the record, I find Rask's push scummy for reasons stated earlier. But he's ignoring me in his blind soul read rage of Zyf. Also, Zyf is going to be mad at me for continuing to defend him, but it's less defending him and more calling out Rask. Still, though, I'm going to go duck behind this couch. If you'll excuse me.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1237 (isolation #163) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1235, Raskolnikov wrote:Alright fuck it.

VOTE: BBT

Zyf if you are scum you passed through sheer endurance even though I still don't follow any of your reads.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttt!?!?
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1257 (isolation #164) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1240, Zyf wrote:@gally-
My first and only completed scumgame in a balanced setup:
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=67015
D1 was 55 pages, don't think there are many longer ones for a newbie
What percentage of posts you have in that? I'm betting the farm on over 51℅ and laughing my way to the bank.

And ye listen... henceforth it shall be known, any games with both Zyf and Gally together shall be the bane of all mods tallying votes and any not Hooked On Phonics. Verily. It is known.

Sorry, I'm fucking exhausted and have been knocking back vodka sodas like water. No work tomorrow so I can't convince myself to go to bed while it's still active in here. Don't mind me. :D
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1258 (isolation #165) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1243, Gamma Emerald wrote:I do maintain a theoretical vote on BBT.
My man!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1263 (isolation #166) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Drunken GallyLog Entry #1: Pay attention to Rask's and Infinity's relationship going forward. You're probably going to forget this, but whatever -- pay attention anyway. Adapt and overcome and what not. This concludes this entry. There's probably nothing of substance here, but hey, you never know. Over and out.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1265 (isolation #167) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:38 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1260, Zyf wrote:
In post 1258, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 1243, Gamma Emerald wrote:I do maintain a theoretical vote on BBT.
My man!
If it didn't work for you it's not gonna work for them. Please don't convince them they should continue that
I mean, unless you want that "longest cancer D1" record in which case by all means go ahead
Totally agree. That was meant to be tongue in cheek. Gamma, put your vote back on brosef.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1272 (isolation #168) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1262, Gamma Emerald wrote:Thinking over the players, I think I can revote safely. Pulling out the blue again, this time for actually important shit.
This vote is putting BBT at L-1. If anyone hammers before Grendel indicates he is fully caught up, it shall be considered grounds for immediate suspicion.

VOTE: BBT
And you shall also be cursed with teh blue balls forevernore.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1273 (isolation #169) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

Alright, I'm going to bed. Night kids!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1283 (isolation #170) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1278, Zyf wrote:Man, now i don't know what to make of their earlier stuff cuz they were probably drunk/tipsy then, too
Don't really get drunk/tipsy, I'm Irish. Just more... Overly verbose if that's even possible? Its weird.

Seriously, though, was kind of overplaying the drunk shtick due to finding it highly liberating and entertaining. But yeah, don't dismiss anything I said tonight. And yes, I know, phone browsing in bed isn't conducive to falling asleep easier but I just can't help it.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1289 (isolation #171) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1285, Zyf wrote:
In post 1283, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 1278, Zyf wrote:Man, now i don't know what to make of their earlier stuff cuz they were probably drunk/tipsy then, too
Don't really get drunk/tipsy, I'm Irish. Just more... Overly verbose if that's even possible? Its weird.

Seriously, though, was kind of overplaying the drunk shtick due to finding it highly liberating and entertaining. But yeah, don't dismiss anything I said tonight. And yes, I know, phone browsing in bed isn't conducive to falling asleep easier but I just can't help it.
Ok
Please don't exaggerate if you don't have to, it's misleading
Thread was so haywire and tightly wound all day, was just trying to loosen things up. But I get it, roger that!
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1290 (isolation #172) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1286, Zyf wrote:Wait, you're in bed phoneposting?
SAAAAAAMEEEEEE
I think we might legitimately be cousins or something.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1293 (isolation #173) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1288, Zyf wrote:
In post 1287, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's Infinity, Zyf, Rask, and me.
Oh
Gally r u interested in claiming intent tomorrow morning?
Uhhhh yes. You fucking know it. This Day needs to end soon and another claim can't hurt helping us make up our minds to get us there.

BBT IM CLAIMING INTENT FOR THE AM. ALSO, HELLO. TOP OF THE MORNING TO YOU, ETC. ETC. YOU DRINKING ORANGE JUICE??
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1296 (isolation #174) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1292, Zyf wrote:Aight I'm on 2% battery so I'm /actually/ gonna go to bed now.
Yeah, same. My eyes are pretty pissed at me for still being open.

Night all. For real this time.

Seriously.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1378 (isolation #175) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:32 am

Post by Gallynukes »

Sorry, but this all seems awfully rehearsed.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1383 (isolation #176) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1380, Zyf wrote:
In post 1378, Gallynukes wrote:Sorry, but this all seems awfully rehearsed.
thus implying that gamma and I are scum who not only chainsawed each other at the beginning of the game but are scummier than inf/lil

and also implying that getting a read you had confirmed somehow suddenly makes us flip from town to scum
seriously?
you lost all sense of continuity there buddy
All I'm implying is that your guys' posts to open the day seemed awfully forced. Knowing I was also suspicious of Uzi that's three votes out the gate for you guys if it went smoothly.

I dunno. It was just strange and seemed scripted almost.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1384 (isolation #177) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1382, Zyf wrote:gally what is it that makes you think we're scum
one thing I've learned is not to kill ppl who tr you (if you're scum) because the wifom isn't worth the trade-off
so I wouldn't do it, especially since Rask would do all the work and I could set a mislynch train off to give me and my partner an easy 5p lylo with little suspicion on me.

aka i'm not scum b/c that's the opposite of the safest play for me
like I'd have to have balls of steel
Implying you don't have balls of steel.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1385 (isolation #178) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Gallynukes »

I'm not saying anything is absolute. Just commenting. It's either you, Zyf, or Infinity today imo. How I ultimately decide out of you two, well... That's the hard part.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1389 (isolation #179) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1388, Zyf wrote:Gally, if we're going to lynch Inf there's nothing to had of it. They've already claimed, provided thoughts, everything.
LUV however is just not doing shit and at least in the odd case he's town we can accelerate the process of getting him to vote scum
My bad, I meant Uzi, not infinity in that post. Agreed with you here on Infinity.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1396 (isolation #180) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1391, Gamma Emerald wrote:Zyf, Gally, got any reads you want to share?
I already did.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1449 (isolation #181) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1444, Zyf wrote:
In post 1431, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: But hey, we all seem to agree on Infinity so VOTE: Infinity
This is bad.
So very very bad
as if they're just trying to get away
Everybody not unvoting Infinity after this post by Uzi is scum in my book.

Vote Uzi. All day.
Gallynukes
Gallynukes
Goon
Gallynukes
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1453 (isolation #182) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Gallynukes »

In post 1452, Gamma Emerald wrote:Earth to Gally: with seven people, four is the majority. You were number four. Got anything to say for yourself?
Yet? No.

We shall see.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”