Newbie 1734 - Happy (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 7, Infinity 324 wrote:Hi guys, I'm an SE and I can also help answer questions and stuff

VOTE: gamma

Random vote to get things started
Checking in. How is everyone?

VOTE: Magibass just because
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Didn't mean to quote you Infinity, phone is acting weird
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:28 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sorry about the awkwardness earlier. Realized it was kind of rude to come in and just leave like that.

So far Gamma and Kyndy seem pretty eager to get the game going and look for scum but the only legit reason I've seen so for a vote was activity. In my experience, if you're aren't putting the same level of commitment in all the games you're in currently in, you are hiding something.

It seems too early to try to make suspicions based on buddying and distancing when almost half of the roster is inactive. Someone mentioned meta and I'm not a fan of in general but seems odd to bring it up a game full of players that are new to the site.

So yeah I have nothing but I'm soft trusting Gamma, Kyndy, and Infinity right now.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 107, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Sorry about the awkwardness earlier. Realized it was kind of rude to come in and just leave like that.

So far Gamma and Kyndy seem pretty eager to get the game going and look for scum but the only legit reason I've seen so for a vote was activity. In my experience, if you're aren't putting the same level of commitment in all the games you're in currently in, you are hiding something.

It seems too early to try to make suspicions based on buddying and distancing when almost half of the roster is inactive. Someone mentioned meta and I'm not a fan of in general but seems odd to bring it up a game full of players that are new to the site.

So yeah I have nothing but I'm soft trusting Gamma, Kyndy, and Infinity right now.
For a vote*

You aren't putting the*

Fan of it in*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Expect a lot of typos until I can get my laptop back
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 110, Infinity 324 wrote:Why do you townread me if you find it suspicious that I'm not focusing on all of my games equally (I'm the only one that was accused of that)
Because I don't think it's such a big deal right now due to how inactive the game is.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I don't get it either. I already explained why I think they're genuinely want to get the game going and/or looking for scum but if you have a reason to believe one of them are scum I'm all ears. Let's work together on this thing!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

they genuinely want*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Rask: For Gamma it's completely on his actions, for Kyndy and Infinity, it's more based on their tone. All of it though is solely of the little information we have. I mean my reads are I guess shitty now because the lack of activity but I'll try to better explain them as more content is posted. I just don't think the people who I read as town are showing for sure signs of being scum. Even you.

That entrance list you posted earlier though is interesting. Just took if more seriously and is Skold followed by Gamma the ones you read as town the most?

@Infinity: As for Kyndy, I'm giving her time to post because she did say something about school starting so life may be getting in the way for her. Overtime though, she'll move into the 50/50 category and then the scum category for me. That could be as early as Monday.

I don't mean to be so patient but I just don't see a need to push anything too hard right now. We have a lot of time to figure things out, more time than I expected. Are all games like this? Long days, very inactive?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Gamma: I don't trust anyone yet but if a gun were to my head I'd say you.

@Infinity: Wasn't really an assumption.

@Gally: Welcome aboard friend! Feels good to have another active voice. And yeah it's frustrating posting from such a small limited device. That and the fact that everyone seems like they know what they're doing is making this pretty tough for me.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Skold: So are you advocating for No Lynch Day 1? If so, doesn't really make sense in a game like this.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Skold: Why even play then? If we all did what you're doing the game would be even more inactive than it is now and a smart mafia team could just kill off a player who has posted very little and leave us with nothing and stuck Day 2. It's impossible to avoid not going off scum tells Day 1. Yes they're shitty at times and can result in mislynches but it gives us information which is the most important thing. How is your approach to this game and potential future games healthy? I and I think anyone else can see how your new approach is beneficial for scum but town I see no positive due to how hard it is the play the game perfectly.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (isolation #12) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Have to agree with Rask on this and it would really suck to policy lynch you man
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (isolation #13) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Ugh, wish things weren't moving so slow.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (isolation #14) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It's okay to stand for what you believe in. Doesn't mean you're right and he is definitely in the wrong here and leaning scum for me until he actually starts trying to play the game.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (isolation #15) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

He could be playing the I'm posting so scummy that there is no way I'm scum game though.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #16) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Same. People are human and make mistakes.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

For the record I mainly vote on motivation. The motive behind what one says and does and trying to figure out if it comes from scum or town is the most important thing to me.

I guess motivation could be considered as behavior but in a way not really because behavior has to do a lot with personality.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

UNVOTE: Magibass

VOTE: Skold
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Kyndy: I understood why Gally voted for Gamma but I don't understand why you're voting for him now. What lead you to casting a vote for him and why?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (isolation #20) » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Well she should have restated her reasoning. It's only fair.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Oh I didn't even realized I put Skold at l-1. Error on my part and maybe the moderator as well. Looking back now though I guess it could have been a way to catch scum if a few people came into jump on the backwagon or potentially hammer (still confused about majority to lynch) and he had flipped town but I guess that isn't going to happen anytime soon since we're waiting to see if Skold is going to continue playing the Day 1 like he has been doing.

I have a few questions about votes. It seems votes are somewhat used to point a finger of suspicion on this site? If so, why? Wouldn't pointing fingers lead to less scenarios where one accidently puts a player at l-1? Not that it matters for me personally right now since Skold has moved past the suspicion stage for me but just for future reference.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #22) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Came on to*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #23) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Ah I understand. Still feel fingers and questions could do sort of the same thing and votes should be mainly used to just to amp up pressure or when one is feeling sure someone is scum and is willing to live with the result.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (isolation #24) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

First time hearing that lol well I'll adapt
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (isolation #25) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Rask: I'd have to say Kyndy right now sadly despite it not being a very strong one. Her case on Gamma is pretty weak because while activity isn't really a sign of alignment, pressuring lurkers or someone you suspect is lurking is never really a bad thing. Like I totally agree with Gamma voting for you at the time even with the game being in the state that it was in and is still sort of in because it got you and others to talk and it was a way to get the game moving. Also didn't really look like scum trying to stir the pot to me.

@Infinity: Well true but I mean I'm sure thoughts and questions would go along with those FoS'es to give the same effect but I understand your view.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (isolation #26) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hey Zyf! Interesting character you're putting on here.

What's werid about my posts?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #27) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Zyf: Ah I can explain. I mainly asked about voting because I'm quite new to mafia overall and where I started just doesn't play like this site does. I don't prefer accidental l-I and don't know who or why anyone who would prefer it. Was that a trap or a trick question?

I voted for Majibass because it was RVS. I'm voting Skold because he doesn't seem like he wants to play the game to the point where it could be potential detrimental. If he's scum, good. If he's sadly town, I'll be dissapointed, but relieved because we would gain a lot of information.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (isolation #28) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Zyf: I'm sorry, what does BOTD stand for?

I'm playing to lynch scum, I just want to play in a heathy, focused, and productive environment. I don't like the idea of lynching solely for info but it was looking like it was going to come down to that and I felt it was okay because we could look at who defended Skold and/or stayed away from voting him.

I'm willing to move my vote once I get better reads from watching and observing the back and forth between you and Gamma.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #339 (isolation #29) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Infinity: See my recent reply to Zyf.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (isolation #30) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Zyf: Well it depends on the case but you get to potentially confirm your suspicions by seeing how people react to a flip, asking questions about that flip, and their interactions and actions with and toward the player who flipped.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #351 (isolation #31) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:16 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 350, Zyf wrote:
In post 348, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@Zyf: Well it depends on the case but you get to potentially confirm your suspicions by seeing how people react to a flip, asking questions about that flip, and their interactions and actions with and toward the player who flipped.
is that not true of any flip on an active player though?
Yes but in this case Skold is not as active as everyone else so it may be harder to confirm things despite a few of you reading him as town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (isolation #32) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Aww Kydny, you'll be missed.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (isolation #33) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sorry about being late to another party guys, school started yesterday and I also had to handle some personal business so I didn't get home until about 11pm. I'm going to do my best to answer the questions directed at me below but due to the way I play, I'm not sure if my answers will add much to the discussion at this time.

@Zyf: Gamma still reads null-town to me. I chalked up his early game to him just being eager and wanting to get the game going. Went over it and only minor things pinged me that honestly after careful review, don't seem like real scum tells. Consistently keeping tabs on activity is a town tell to me and using it to vote just indicates he's new to mafia, just like me. Gamma's pushing wasn't even real pushing in my opinion, just seemed like reminders that say hey, x player is in this game, where is he or she so I can pick their brain on things and figure out if they're town or not.

Overall the back and forth between you and him seems very TvT. Gamma just was floundering toward the end there and I can relate to that so much despite it looking like he's scum telling by doing so. Both of you were frustrated for different reasons but weren't getting anywhere in regards to swaying the town to pick a side.

@Rask: I didn't really get anything from the exchange other than a null-town read on Zyf. It was nice to see that back and forth in action and it might come into play later but it seems the attention has shifted to Gally for now so let's wait and see. Overall my reads have shifted a little but I want to observe more and question before I post them. I have a feeling we didn't get anywhere these last couple of pages and that is deflating.

Speaking of Gally, I think he hinted at having a busy life in his opening posts. Either way, I'm just as curious as you all as to what he has to say to all the recent events and his thoughts on everyone currently.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (isolation #34) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Don't have any scum reads at the moment but I don't like Skold's play and it doesn't seem like he's actually going to play the game in a productive way so I'm still voting for him.

What did Gally not mention?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (isolation #35) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah offsite experience but not much.

And yes I was referring to that post. It seems like he's on the go often in the morning and in the night since he said he's using his phone to post during those times so I assume he works/goes to school at those times.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (isolation #36) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Didn't say it was...

Also I'm not white knighting anyone, I'm just keeping things in mind. I'm going to wait and see what he says about everything that has transpired recently before giving my opinion of him.

As for Skold, if you're not willing to help you're either useless or scum.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm not trying, I haven't tunneled in on Skold all game. Just think it's the best lead we got.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

A few of you if I recall directly either have defended Skold or let his play slide. I'm not going too. It's idiotic and is not town like play whatsoever and the fact that no one seems to want to get him to play the way one should in regards to scum hunting is even more baffling.

I know why you would lynch someone but as I've said earlier I don't have any other scum reads at the moment. Everyone else reads null or null-town for me. I don't even know how you can find scum when we are literally only playing with like 5 players. Let's see more of Skold and let's wait for the replacements.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm not speaking for him. When have I ever said these are his thoughts on X?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (isolation #40) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It is a lead. People are letting his style of play pass, in a newbie game! Why?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (isolation #41) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I wish I could jump on things as easily as you do. Maybe it would make the more fun.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (isolation #42) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Make the game more fun*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (isolation #43) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Recall correctly*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #44) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

He has the right, doesn't mean it's correct or helpful. And if it's not helpful I don't see a reason for him to be around because it's not even a clueless sort of not helpful, it's more of I can really help if I wanted to but I don't and you can't tell me otherwise sort of not helpful.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (isolation #45) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't see a reason to vote Gally currently. I liked his opening and it felt very townie to me. It's interesting that you're voting him though because he was voting Gamma for the same reasons you were in a way.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (isolation #46) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm chilling! Lots of time to do that but others don't seem to think so.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (isolation #47) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Well I tried, I'm sorry if you feel I'm scum and I hope your change your mind soon.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (isolation #48) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Reapting myself gets us nowhere. I've already defended myself enough and I have nothing more to say on my stance on Skold or the gamestate currently.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (isolation #49) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

How did you come to that conclusion? His last few posts have been better I admit but he even stated in those last few posts he questions why he should contribute.

Note that while he may have gotten past his issues in your eyes, that doesn't mean he's town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (isolation #50) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sup BBT!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (isolation #51) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Woot! Another new face!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (isolation #52) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Speaking of Rask, I'm having a hard time reading him. I might reread his posts again tonight.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #742 (isolation #53) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think Rask is a guy lol awkward.

As for claiming I see both sides of the argument but from my little experience playing mafia it doesn't seem correct for Gamma to claim right now since it helps the mafia sniff/figure out power roles.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (isolation #54) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It's all a gamble, you take that chance when you play mafia.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (isolation #55) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think he said something about process of elimination which makes no sense as activity is NAI.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (isolation #56) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:33 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Think we've beaten a few dead horses here enough guys. Let's wait for Rask, BBT, and Grendal's thoughts.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (isolation #57) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Gamma was reaction testing early on the game I think, so it's possible for sure.

Quick but probably very shitty read list:

Town - Gamma, Gally, Zyf
Null - Infinity, Rask, Skold, BBT, and Grandel

I'm not sure what to make of Infinity yet because it seems like he generally cares about new players like me since he's explaining why newbie play generally isn't scummy but he's doing it a lot more than I feel he should. Not sure if that's just how he is a person, his playstyle, or just how he is in newbie games. The latter two don't matter though as meta is irrelevant.

I'm not sure what is it about Rask but it seems like when he pops he doesn't really contribute much. I just can't really read him right now and its bothering me.

Skold's play still doesn't sit right with me.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (isolation #58) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

As a person*

Pops up*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (isolation #59) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'd just like to mention that I'm not forceful on things because I like to observe and talk to players, get to know them and/or the character they put on for a game, and make notes as the game goes on. I do a lot of rereading of my notes and things that have been said to confirm my thoughts and for myself because I'm a natural skimmer. I feel like I can tell without too much thought whether something said is a true scum tell or something to easily brush off but there is either always something I miss which shouldn't be a surprise or I'm just unsure and I think that's okay, despite how others may feel, because you always want to be 90 percent sure the person you're voting for is scum.

I also don't like walls much because most people don't say much when they do them and while there hasn't been too much of them so far in this game, it feels there will be soon.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #847 (isolation #60) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:28 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I might do the same Gamma! It's getting late over here.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (isolation #61) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Doing my best here but I feel I would have to really sit with these questions but for now I'm going to say:

1. Infinity
2. Not sure and probably no one yet.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (isolation #62) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Good find guys!

I'll wait for BBT to explain why he felt the need mention that about you Infinity but I think we may have something. It's odd he would bring that up in a newbie game and it just smells like he was trying to plant seeds of doubt among us.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #895 (isolation #63) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm not really a fan of meta, feel it's only good against players who aren't flexible.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (isolation #64) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Friends with get you killed!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #961 (isolation #65) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Did BBT even fully get caught up or give his thoughts on someone not Infinity?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #962 (isolation #66) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Gave his*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #965 (isolation #67) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Do you want to me hammer? Is that what you want Zyf?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (isolation #68) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I wasn't going to hammer, but it seemed like you were implying I should. I'm going to however unvote Skold for now.

UNVOTE: Skold

I'm not completely sold on the case for Infinity yet but I'm now ready to vote for someone not Skold at the moment. Things are starting to get lost in the shuffle and we need to make a move. Could each of you voting for Infinity convince me why I should give intent?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (isolation #69) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Exactly.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (isolation #70) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Is it me who is stalling? Or is BBT? Grendal? Maybe it's Rask?

I'm not voting until I'm 90% sure. Giving intent means nothing right now as he's probably not going to claim with 4 days left.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1033 (isolation #71) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I wouldn't claim if I was at l-1 with 4 days left but maybe that's just me. With 2 days sure, but 4 there is still enough time to talk and sort things out. I'd give a updated read list and try to convince others of my scum reads first if I was Infinity. It feels like Infinity is forced to claim a power role just to live right now since it seems like no one is going to believe him if he says he's town.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1037 (isolation #72) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Vanilla Townie I believe
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1049 (isolation #73) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I'm confused at how eager a few of you seemed to listen to someone who wasn't even halfway caught up.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1053 (isolation #74) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

BBT's entrance was the biggest ping to be honest. Seemed like he had it out for Infinity because he felt like he was the man for calling him out in a game they just recently finished.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (isolation #75) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Lol yeah that's why I didn't even care about his case on Infinity
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (isolation #76) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Really feel bad for the mod. Going to be hell for him in terms of catching up.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (isolation #77) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Checkmate?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (isolation #78) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:39 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1075, Zyf wrote:
In post 1068, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Checkmate?
? This is relevant to...

What you pointed out about BBT
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (isolation #79) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It feels like every time we take one step forward, we take two steps back.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1108 (isolation #80) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

They were poor ones so I wanted to see if everyone voting would restate the same cases or give me different ones.

And sure, I have some updated reads but I'd prefer to explain them later as this is just another quick shitty list. I don't mind taking questions about them right now though.

Town: Gamma, Infinity, Skold
Null: Gally, Rask, Zyf, Grendal
Scum: BBT
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1109 (isolation #81) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Not going to start voting but nice try.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (isolation #82) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I feel BBT is scum because he was advocating for a lynch without even finishing reading the thread and his case on Infinity was not only NAI but poorly thought out.

I agree with a lot of what Rask has to say about you and Infinity but his timing of how he popped up bothers me and I also haven't payed much attention to his play so I have to reread up on him again.

Gally is null because I don't like some of his recent questions that could he simply find the answer to if he bothered to read the OP and the wiki which he said he just recently did so it be interesting if he tries to ask more townslip like questions from here on out. Everything else though in terms of his play seems very newb town to me.

You're null because I didn't particularly like your case on me since you were desperately trying to put words in my mouth during our first real exchange and how you we're tunneling Infinity with BBT over what the general consensus was a very weak case. It's one thing to try to convince others I was implying things but to say I'm saying X when I clearly wasn't since I feel I'm pretty straight to the point doesn't seem town like play to me. You also seem to not let things go which is good but you do it in a way that doesn't seem like it's looking out for the town but more so out of frustration that it isn't Night 1 yet.

There is a lot to look at and we're still nowhere because there actually isn't sadly. I'm not voting BBT because he hasn't had a chance to explain himself more.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (isolation #83) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Zyf
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (isolation #84) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1114, Gallynukes wrote:
In post 1108, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:They were poor ones so I wanted to see if everyone voting would restate the same cases or give me different ones.

And sure, I have some updated reads but I'd prefer to explain them later as this is just another quick shitty list. I don't mind taking questions about them right now though.

Town: Gamma, Infinity, Skold
Null: Gally, Rask, Zyf, Grendal
Scum: BBT
Why is Gamma town but not me? #teamtownslip
Check my recent reply to Zyf.

It's nothing personal :lol:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (isolation #85) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1155, Gallynukes wrote:Just went back and re-read Uzi's posts. It may be newbie sheen but a good percentage -- I'd say at least 2/3rds, maybe more -- of his posts have had very little substance. Either that or were simply piggybacking off another user's already established idea(s), quoting them and then usually agreeing by simply rephrasing the point in question in a different way.

After Zyf's post earlier stating pretty much the same thing, Uzi magically produced an in-depth list, which just so happens to be spearheaded by the seemingly upcoming runup du jour of BBT. Which is fine, but during BBT's strong push to lynch Infinity, not only did Uzi not say anything, he feigned ignorance to the very same discussion that had been going on all afternoon.

Maybe he did this because he was leaning scum on BBT -- fine, but why not say as much? He's been super reluctant to commit on pretty much anything until this BBT lean that's ironically come in the wake of his voting abstinence being brought up.

Sorry to call you out like this, man. I was giving you the benefit of a doubt early on cause you're new but you've been increasingly acting real suspicious in my eyes. I'm voting you for the moment but am open to your reply on what I just laid out.

Vote Uzi
None taken man! I'll try to explain my play as best as I can below.

The early game was very slow up into Zyf came in. I didn't feel alarmed by anyone yet and half of the player list was inactive, so the only thing I felt was worth focusing on was Skold because his play was policy lynch worthy and people were letting in slide, so I felt if we voted for him we could use how he flips to scum hunt day 2.

Zyf comes in and starts attacking Gamma which was fine despite the logic being terrible but I felt he had good intentions but just forget that this is newbie game. His aggro play didn't really ping me until he started attacking me and as I explained in my last read list and recent developments, I thought it was worth noting.

I didn't step in or try to defend or see BBT's side because I never bought his case from the go because he stated multiple times he was catching up so in my mind, there is no way he could have a legit case on Infinity if he's on like page 15. It's not my fault he choose to play like he did and is still doing.

As for my thoughts not being my own I don't really know what to say to that. I agree and disagree on things just anyone else but this game I just happened to share a lot of the same thoughts with you guys.

I'm sorry if I'm not as pushy as everyone else, I play the long game usually and like to observe, re-read, and ask questions when I can. I'm not a fan of aggro play, it just doesn't seem to get anywhere and makes everyone wish the game was over.

I guess the best way to describe it as I'm not a leader, I'm a follower.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (isolation #86) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Like anyone else*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1392 (isolation #87) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I'm not scum, don't lynch me. We will lose the game. I know I have played like shit but as Zyf said, I can at least contribute by voting.

At this point in the game we just have to assume Gally and Gamma are most likely town, Grendal as well due to the amount of effort he's put in such a short amount time and Skold because despite him hammering twice, he's played overall so blatantly scummy and anti-town it's hard to believe he's actually scum. Which leaves Zyf/Infinity as the scum team.

If we ignore the former we will be in for another 20-30 pages with the high chance that we will mislynch again. I don't mind talking it out but BBT before he died spoke from experience in saying that he strongly believes scum has already won based the way the game had gone so I just want to reach a conclusion quickly before the game gets out of hand again.

With that being said I'm going to VOTE: Zyf

I don't have any other way to defend myself unless we're all going to give each other time to reread the thread to give an updated read list. I'm not going to do that though, I'm going to be judging everyone from here on out.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (isolation #88) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't think you're scum though Skold, I just said your play is scummy. There's a difference and that's the main reason my vote is elsewhere.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1402 (isolation #89) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:58 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I never said why I'm voting for Zyf, I just stated the most logically thing unless we're planing to do 50 + pages again. I know I'm town, and that's it because this is one of the most confusing games I've ever played. So please let me know if you want to iso everyone else again or who do you think other than me as scum. The reason I'm voting you at least for now because I might review Day 1 again is because the chaos and confusion has either started from you or you're the main building it up. Most of it has been logic that has overall been viewed as awful as well so it isn't even like it was justifiable since we're all we're left with is little to no idea on who scum is and a postition that favors scum.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1403 (isolation #90) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Main person*

We're all left*
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1404 (isolation #91) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 8:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

With little to no*

Dumb phone
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1416 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Don't see how you get that. I want order and an actually plan, not confusion. You can make things happen without playing the way you did. I'm voting you because your pushes were bad and it has conveniently led us here. I only advocate policy lynches in the early stages of the game. I'm willing to change my vote as always but you seem set on me being scum and aren't willing to help me look into another direction so.

I've given out reads, but like I said I'm confused. If I were to really say how I feel I don't trust anyone but due to the predicament I'm in, I'm forced to defend myself and this is how I'm doing it and I believe the best course of action is to rule out Gally, Gamma, and Grendal. You can throw in Skold in the scum pool if you want but I don't believes he's scum anymore and if I make any sort of push on him it seems like it will only get me lynched since I'm viewed as scum right now. Which leaves me with you and Infinity. What else do you want me to do? You say I'm not helping so who else do you believe is scum so I can sheep you as you would say? Why are you so against helping me help the town? I'm not rereading 55 pages, can you say honestly you're willing to do so? Would you expect most replacements to do so?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1424 (isolation #93) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1418, Zyf wrote:
In post 1416, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Don't see how you get that. I want order and an actually plan, not confusion. You can make things happen without playing the way you did. I'm voting you because your pushes were bad and it has conveniently led us here. I only advocate policy lynches in the early stages of the game. I'm willing to change my vote as always but you seem set on me being scum and aren't willing to help me look into another direction so.

I've given out reads, but like I said I'm confused. If I were to really say how I feel I don't trust anyone but due to the predicament I'm in, I'm forced to defend myself and this is how I'm doing it and I believe the best course of action is to rule out Gally, Gamma, and Grendal. You can throw in Skold in the scum pool if you want but I don't believes he's scum anymore and if I make any sort of push on him it seems like it will only get me lynched since I'm viewed as scum right now. Which leaves me with you and Infinity. What else do you want me to do? You say I'm not helping so who else do you believe is scum so I can sheep you as you would say? Why are you so against helping me help the town? I'm not rereading 55 pages, can you say honestly you're willing to do so? Would you expect most replacements to do so?
1) Why can't you plan it yourself?
2) It's my playstyle. You got a problem with that?
3) Nothing has changed since the flips. Except for the fact that now BBT is town, we've been in the same PoE problem the whole time so don't try and shift the blame of it onto me. Your READS have not changed, either, just the bottom two are now PoE
4) I don't NEED to look in another direction if you're scum. Furthermore, why ME specifically? I'm not the only lynching factor. there are others.
5) You're practically scumclaiming at this point. Why the fuck are you changing your play just because you're being scumread now? We want MORE, not less.
6) Yes, I would expect any replacement to do so. There is also this thing called ISO-ing the dead, which you're apparently not interested in.
7) this is practically a complaint post at me at this point, i'm NOT the only one voting you.
1.) Just said I'm confused overall about this game.
2.) I don't, but you seem to have a problem with mine.
3.) Exactly, my reads haven't changed because there is nothing to go off of really. I'm not entirely blaming it on you, we're all at fault.
4.) What are the other factors? I'm trying to defend myself here, which means I'm going to tell you to look into another direction directly and indirectly various times while defending myself.
5.) I'm not changing my play, I'm playing the same way I always play just with a little more pep to my step and bounce. I've been scum read way before this point but I didn't think I was a danger of being lynched as I explained that this is literally just how I play regardless of alignment.
6.) Yeah I'm not rereading because most of everything has been NAI so I'm going from here. All we literally have is my play, Skold's play, and Infinity claiming he is a VT unless we're again throwing out the practically confirmed townie bunch everyone seems to have on their read list.
7.) I'm not complaining, I'm defending myself as best as I can. Everyone else voting me is voting for the same reasons and they can all see our exchange so I extend the question to them as well but it seems like we're all in agreement that at least Infinity is scum.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1431 (isolation #94) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1428, Zyf wrote:1) then REREAD. You have no excuse for being confused and not rereading the game, and expecting to be lead by someone to victory who could easily be scum
2) YES, I do. Because not only are you not contributing, you're not trying to get to the point where you can do so. Enough fucking waiting. Reread and find who you think is scum with actual evidence
3) I can ASSURE you there is scummy things to be found in 55 pages.
4) The other factors are the other literally 5 fucking people who you could convince to vote somewhere.
5) Yes you are. You literally just said that you might push skold but you won't because you think it's gonna get you lynched.
6) That is fucking unbelievable. In order to find scum you absolutely HAVE to reread later to find associations.
You're not fucking playing the game at this point.
7) you certainly made that clear by addressing everything directly at me, i swear you're trying to frame me

In summary:
REREAD AND START CONTRIBUTING
YOU HAVE
NO
EXCUSE TO NOT REREAD OTHER THAN BEING LAZY
Never said I might push Skold, just that I might reread again for the 1000th time. I have read multiple times and reached the same conclusions. Don't think I'm going to get anywhere else from going back so I'm going forward. I'm really not being lazy here and I'm going to just play the game from here on out. I think one of you and Infinity are most likely scum and if you aren't scum, then it has to be between Grendal and Skold if we are all in agreement that Gally and Gamma are most likely town.

But hey, we all seem to agree on Infinity so VOTE: Infinity
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1450 (isolation #95) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I'm a vanilla townie, stop guys.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1866 (isolation #96) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I played pretty awful but I'm glad town pulled it off. Things were looking like bleak for a while.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”