Newbie 1766 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:52 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.3

the_end (2) - Friend Computer, rb
Friend Computer (2) - Aeronaut, Sofiel
ThinkBig (2) - ssbm_Kyouko, lucca261
rb (1) - Zekromaster
Sofiel (1) - the_end
ssbm_Kyouko (1) - ThinkBig

Not voting (0) -

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Monday, 2nd January 22.30. GMT, (in (expired on 2017-01-02 22:30:00)).

Notes

Can you please put all votes on a new line, not inside a block of text. (I'll count them anyway but it's good practice and a few mods won't count them if they are not separated out.)
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Friend Computer »

FOS: ssbm

ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I suspect you read that the mafia have no daytalk in your own role pm. Did you read my post?
Seriously? There are CLEARLY SAMPLE PMS ON THE FIRST PAGE.
MISSION: Locate source of treasonous whimpering in MSM sector
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:58 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 101, Friend Computer wrote:

ssbm_Kyouko wrote:I suspect you read that the mafia have no daytalk in your own role pm. Did you read my post?
but he CLEARLY READ IT FROM HIS OWN PM :wink:

Also finish catch up and comment on my ThinkBig exchange
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:41 am

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 97, the_end wrote:My impressions so far:

rb: Tending towards scum.
I haven't seen anything serious from him. Mostly just jokes, "lol random" comments and calling people townie and scum without reason. I sort of get the feeling he is trying to hide by shitposting so much (though this could just be his playing style). His comments suggest he wants an early lynch. I feel this is a scum move. As a scum he wouldn't care who gets lynched on Day 1 as long as someone gets lynched quickly so we can move on to Night one, where the scum can kill who they really want.
He's most likely just shitposting for the sake of it. While this is disruptive for the town, I don't think he's doing this just because he's scum. Or he could be shitposting so we think he's just shitposting and not accuse him of being scum, but I find this really hard.
In post 97, the_end wrote: Sofiel: Tending towards scum.
Based on his unvote of rb. I think he was a little too quick to jump off the rb wagon. I think maybe he voted for rb to begin with to hide that rb and him are scum partners and then panicked when a wagon started behind rb. Could be something else too but the unvote has stuck with me as being odd.
I found it suspicious too. Nothing much to say on this read, I'm pretty much of the same advice.

In post 97, the_end wrote: ssbm_Kyouko: Tending towards Town
He seems to be poking and voting people simply to get a rise out of them to figure out what their alignments are.
Idem

In post 97, the_end wrote: Friend_computer, zekromaster, Aeronaut: Tending towards scum
All three have confirmed participation but seem to be intentionally not posting. (Aeronaut claims he has exams). They may be scum because by staying quiet they're not drawing any attention to themselves, just waiting for someone to get lynched. It doesn't matter to scum who gets lynched (especially on Day 1) as long as its not them. They're content to let us talkative ones accuse and lynch each other.
While I cannot speak for Friend_Computer and Aeronaut, I myself was just really busy in these days, I'm counting on being able to post more now that I've got no school to think of.
In post 97, the_end wrote: ThinkBig: Neutral
I was going to say town, but he got quite defensive when ssbm voted him, especially his counter vote of ssbm in #71. My impression is neutral till I see more posts from him.
Nothing to say

In post 97, the_end wrote: Lucca261: Neutral
Mostly because he's scumhunting. His sheep voting on ThinkBig while having a null reading is odd. He went from "I hated ssbm vote. everything about it" in #90, to agreeing with him with a sheep vote in #96.
I don't know how much one can take Lucca's scumhunting as a sign of not being scum, and I find this kind of behaviour suspicious.

I'm limiting myself to commenting the_end's reads, as I don't have anything new to add to the game, for now.
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:43 am

Post by Zekromaster »

I'll probably have to
UNVOTE:
completely, for now.
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:59 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

What does Idem mean? "I don't even mind"?

Why would you unvote someone and not ask anyone else a direct question? Are you even trying to find scum? Do you have any reads of your own or are you just waiting for popular opinion to form so you can mold your reads to fit that?

VOTE: Zekromaster
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:04 am

Post by lucca261 »

You were voted last page? No comment on that?

--

@zekrom, you seem to act like you know that End is town and is trying to buddy him. There's definitely more to comment than just this.

--

waiting for think to return before I act more.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:06 am

Post by lucca261 »

forgot to say that this game has been a mystery. the only guy who is leaning something for me is rb leaning town and think scum. otherwise, big pile of nothing.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:18 am

Post by rb »

In post 102, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:

but he CLEARLY READ IT FROM HIS OWN PM :wink:

Also finish catch up and comment on my ThinkBig exchange
RVS is over you can make proper arguments now
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:23 am

Post by rb »

Lol the_end has like 6 scumreads and 2 nullreads.

Still scum
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:33 am

Post by rb »

I have a problem with post - can anyone guess what it is?
ssbm_Kyouko
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
ssbm_Kyouko
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:36 am

Post by ssbm_Kyouko »

In post 110, rb wrote:I have a problem with post - can anyone guess what it is?
TMI
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by rb »

It's just so very, very calculated
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Sofiel »

It's amazing how much emphasis is being put on one decision I made by the same couple of people. The emphasis just reads as opportunistic scum tbh & Zekro buddying with the_end on his post is a strange decision. the_end has been openly read as one of the scummier people and is at two votes lmao sooo????? if you were town why would you??
UNVOTE: Friend_Computer

Even though I've unvoted you, Friend I'm still watching you. I'm not seeing you as pro-town atm.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by rb »

In post 113, Sofiel wrote:It's amazing how much emphasis is being put on one decision I made by the same couple of people. The emphasis just reads as opportunistic scum tbh & Zekro buddying with the_end on his post is a strange decision. the_end has been openly read as one of the scummier people and is at two votes lmao sooo????? if you were town why would you??

Even though I've unvoted you, Friend I'm still watching you. I'm not seeing you as pro-town atm.
that's actually townpoints for Zekro because if he's scum it's unlikely he'd start buddying one of the more scumread players in the game
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by rb »

like if you're town and you have a townread then you have a townread. you don't do stuff as town based on what other players are read as, you play based on how YOU read players. if you're town and someone is scumread by a lot of people but you townread them, it's kind of your duty to point that out as a town player - maybe people are missing what you're missing and the reason that player looks like scum to most people is because there's scum on the wagon or scum are the ones attacking them.

you're contradicting yourself saying that Zekro is being opportunistic but also saying he's buddying one of the more scummy players in the game - that's the opposite of opportunistic right now :P
Sofiel
Sofiel
Townie
Sofiel
Townie
Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by Sofiel »

ahh man, I'm trying my best, but that does make a lot of sense. :roll: UNVOTE: Zekromaster
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by rb »

*hugs sofiel*

i know dat feel
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by rb »

but i just want to point out as well, it could still be a scum move by Zekro to look town - scum do 'townlike' things all the time because they want to look town. I think you need to assess what Zekro's motivation is. if the_end is town, it's potentially a good move by scum Zekro - he looks good for getting an accurate townread and not being on the mislynch wagon.

so if you think that Zekro's read on the_end is really inauthentic - you should keep your vote there. i didn't mean for you to unvote, i just didn't really agree with your reasoning for him being scum. but often newer players can't really explain their reads, but they 'feel' bad about a certain action. Zekro's actions made you feel weird, so i think you should keep your vote and not be discouraged by me shooting down your reasoning. there's a lot of ways Zekro could be scum making that play.

this is going into wifom territory and getting real circular, but if you feel Zekro is scummy just vote - that's also how town should play :P
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by rb »

and yeah i realise i contradicted myself a bit, but that's the nature of mafia. anything town can do, scum can do - it's about WHY the player is doing it.

why do you think Zekro is buddying the_end?
Zekromaster
Zekromaster
Townie
Zekromaster
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Post by Zekromaster »

In post 105, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:What does Idem mean? "I don't even mind"?

Why would you unvote someone and not ask anyone else a direct question? Are you even trying to find scum? Do you have any reads of your own or are you just waiting for popular opinion to form so you can mold your reads to fit that?

It's latin. I thought it was used in english too, it means "the same". I was referring to my read above.
Also, I'm just waiting for more information: I don't have any more information than you all, so until I got some reads of my own I prefer to stay "neutral".
In post 113, Sofiel wrote:It's amazing how much emphasis is being put on one decision I made by the same couple of people. The emphasis just reads as opportunistic scum tbh & Zekro buddying with the_end on his post is a strange decision. the_end has been openly read as one of the scummier people and is at two votes lmao sooo????? if you were town why would you??

His reads where the most complete ones. I actually pointed out when I found some of them wrong, that post is the major source of 'raw' information we have, so I used that as a reference.
the_end
the_end
Townie
the_end
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:05 am

Post by the_end »

In post 109, rb wrote:Lol the_end has like 6 scumreads and 2 nullreads.
Still scum
5 scumreads, 1 townread and 2 nullreads. Admittedly scumread "heavy" but that's how I see it.
In post 116, Sofiel wrote:ahh man, I'm trying my best, but that does make a lot of sense. :roll: UNVOTE: Zekromaster
Hmmm, so first you unvote rb. Now quickly unvoted someone else because of what rb said. Also, from #113, you're pretty confident rb's scrumreads are correct.

Why do
YOU
think they're correct? Tell us what
YOU
think.

Also from #113, you seem agitated by players pointing out that misstep of yours. Why is that? Would you prefer if players forgot about it?

I may not get online this weekend. I'll probably only be able to check back on Monday. Merry Christmas everyone!
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:18 am

Post by ThinkBig »

V/LA until Tuesday due to the holidays. Lots going on this weekend.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
lucca261
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
lucca261
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:57 am

Post by lucca261 »

liking RB for town more and more.

@zekrom, if you had to bet the game on one player being scum, right now, who would you choose?
@sofiel, same question.
@friend, you got any real reasons to vote end right now or is the vote still random? because you fosed ssbm and rb, but instead of voting them, kept a random vote. why is that?
@ssbm, are you going to scumhunt at all?

i got a weird feeling about Sofiel's #113. I feel like he wanted to vote The_End, but didn't wanted to be the third vote on the wagon, so he voted Zekrom instead. The logic is weird. He thinks that pointing out his decision is opportunistic scum. But he didn't think I was scum for doing it. I feel like he was looking for an excuse for voting Zekrom.

--

UNVOTE: Think

keeping voting Think right now is useless, since he is going to be V/LA.

i'll unvote and wait for the answers.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Huntress »

*bump*

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”