Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:52 am

Post by Fuldu »

shadyforce, I don't have an outstanding vote. FD has one on mathcam and mathcam has a no lynch vote.

Also, I still want to know why you didn't block FD last night when you could have.

Finally, FD, if shadyforce posts, let mathcam post next. We want him to get sandwiched, and we can't do that if you keep interfering.
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:05 am

Post by mathcam »

While I wait for shady to post, I'll claim: I'm Mike Wazowski.

Who do I find suspicious? I'm not sure. The Nemo and Woody claims both seem pretty believable, but it's also possibly a safe role claim that they've been given...we didn't have a Buzz Light-year claim either, so it's quite possible that the mafia was told that neither Woody nor Buzz are in the game. Then again, TSS claimed Zurg, so that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. And Fletcher claimed Stinky Pete...how is it that both fake scum claims so far have been evil characters from Toy Story? Bizarre.

Cam
Nemo
Nemo
Townie
Nemo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:07 am

Post by Nemo »

Flying Dutchman wrote:OK.

I'm Nemo. I knew my father was in the game, and I was told he was able to "protect me from some harm at night". I realised afterwards this probably means an attempt on his life is made when I'm targeted by a killer.
He's lying....I'm NEMO!!!!!!!

lol
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:12 am

Post by Fuldu »

mathcam, what does your role actually do?
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:13 am

Post by JereIC »

PBuG was pro-town. All else will be revealed in time.

"But Jere, why didn't he claim to be a blood..."

All else will be revealed in time.

"So was he the serial..."

No, he was pro-town.

"Ok, but..."

All. Else. Will. Be. Revealed. In. Time.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:23 am

Post by mathcam »

As I've hinted at before, it might be advantageous for the mafia to know exactly what my role does. If there's no way you guys will believe my claim unless I disclose, then fine, I'll do it.

Cam
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:33 am

Post by Fuldu »

Yeah, but there are only so many explanations for what happened last night, and the only one I presently have available suggests that you're scum (well, there's the possibility that the SK just chose not to kill, but I don't consider that terribly likely). It's advantageous for the scum to know my role, as well, but I revealed it because there was a bunch of erroneous discussion about how Fletcher was killed by the SK last night. I want to make the best decision about who to shoot tonight and can only do that if I have complete information about what people did and didn't do last night.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:19 am

Post by shadyforce »

Mathcam: I think you really should come out with everyhing, for the simple reason that what we do today decides the game, and unless I'm lynched, the mafia aren't goint to get a kill tonight anyway, and neither are you Fuldu. The game will be decided by lynches, not night kills.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:32 am

Post by mathcam »

Right, of course. I was thinking we had this nice one-day reprieve of killing, but yes, this will continue indefinitely. So we get two lynches to get this right. I guess that makes it okay to reveal, but it still feels a little off.

I'm Mike Wazowski. I have no night choices, but I'm immune to the first night kill attempt made on my life. I'm not told if/when this occurrs.

Post away, shady.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 am

Post by shadyforce »

Has it been used to your knowledge?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 am

Post by mathcam »

[quoteI'm not told if/when this occurrs.[/quote]

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:33 am

Post by shadyforce »

Sorry, I missed your message above. I'm a little surprised that your PM says explicitly that you won't get told though.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:34 am

Post by mathcam »

Dangit.

Cam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:37 am

Post by shadyforce »

I want to tell everyone, that due to further info that I have not up to now revealed, that role does fit into my most likely description of last night's happenings.

I'd also like to announce the posibility that Woody is our serial killer, and was entitled to a non-hacking kill.

I have to go now to catch a bus, but I'll discuss this further, when I get home in about 6/7 hours. Watch this space.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:45 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

Well, shady, I think you've sandwiched Mathcam enough now, so I'm posting :)

Can someone enlighten me who Mike Wazowski is, as I've never heard of him before. Haven't seen much of the movies, though..........
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 3:51 am

Post by mathcam »

Unless I spelt the name wrong, it's the little green one-eyed monster from Monsters, Inc.

Cam
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:37 am

Post by Fuldu »

shadyforce, I'm still looking for an answer to my question of why you didn't block FD last night, given that you had sandwiched him. I'd also love to hear your additional information.

I will reiterate that I am, in fact, Woody and pro-town, and point out that we now have multiple alternate explanations for the lack of a hacking kill last night. Either shadyforce blocked mathcam's kill or someone attacked mathcam and he used his night-save.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:01 am

Post by mathcam »

Idunno...I think it makes sense, shady. If he doesn't tell me, I'm just going to ask. Plus I vaguely remember some other incarnation of this role that got a little wacky because someone assumed they would be told and wasn't, or something like that. I don't know if this was in Jere's head, but he probably just wanted to keep things nice and clean.

I'm strongly leaning toward Fuldu at this point. I think it's quite possible that the most prominent role from each movie is missing (Sulley, Buzz Light-Year, and Flik all went unclaimed), but unfortunately for the plan, this implicates Nemo as well. So unless shady and I are the only 2 innocents left, this plan fails. But it seems so good. Bah! [/incoherency]

Cam
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:53 am

Post by Fuldu »

Well, if the consistency between my actions yesterday, the gunshot wound in Fletcher, and my claimed role aren't enough to convince you that I'm telling the truth, I don't have much more to add to that. I guess there's the fact that my lying about my identity would make PBuG's green alien the only represented character from the
Toy Story
movies. Hardly conclusive, but, I think, suggestive.

I will point out that, before her replacement, Medicated Lain didn't sandwich anyone. Obviously, she stopped participating at some point, but even when she was posting, she never even appears to have tried. I will also point out shadyforce's vote yesterday, in which he lynched PBuG, and then called for a vote count. mathcam, you thought it was suspicious then, doesn't it raise any alarms now?

mathcam, have you asked if your skill was used?
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:57 am

Post by mathcam »

Hm. You bring up 2 very valid points. And now that you mention it, it slightly concerns me that we've all allowed ourselves to be sandwiched today...but it doesn't appear that being sandwiched leads to death.

That's the thing with shady: there are several reasons to be suspicious of him, but there's good counterarguments against all of them. Perhaps this should just be attributed to the fact that shady's a good player who would have considered all these things before his actions and before claiming. Hmm.

I haven't asked JereIC because I'm pretty sure he wouldn't tell me anything. If he would, he wouldn't have explicitly told me that I wouldn't be told at the very beginning. But he's on AIm right now...it's probably worth a shot.

Cam
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:46 am

Fuldu, the sandwich makes indeed sense, ML never even tried to, it seems. Also, I don't really like the "please follow me blindly"-strat of Shady today.......

Shady, you seem to have held back parts of your role, mind to share them?
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:18 pm

Post by shadyforce »

Fuldu: If you look at the confirmations at the very start of the game (posts 7 and 9), you will notice a rather unusual and out of character post from ML sandwiching ID. He was half way there on day 1. His lack of general activity probably prevented him from earning a sting (block). You will see, that as soon as I went into the game, I posted like a mad-man rarely leaving the thread unless I had the last post.

FD: The follow me blindly strat was just to get you to post. I'm not naive enough to think that would EVER work.

Ok. To answer Fuldu's other main question,
yes I did
block Flying Dutchman last night and
I did not
block Fletcher, contrary to what I said earlier. As much as I'd like to claim it was a tactically ingenious plan for extra information on my part, the fact is, I made a simple mistake. You'll recall that I earlier mixed up the 2 of them (posts 181-184).

Anyway, as happens surprisingly often with me, my mistake leads to favourable side effects. (
I pulled a Homer
, if I recall that simpsons episode correctly :D.) Here is the resultant 2 opportunities this provided for me.

1) FD would claim cop or something like that, and announce a result from last night, not knowing he was blocked tonight. I could then easily show he was lying. He never fell for that trap.

2) Given that I did not block scum last night (in the form of Fletcher anyway.) That means than there must be another reason for no SK or mafia kill last night. I hoped someone would claim doc (which would normally be an unlikely claim) and that I would be able to back that up. Luckily, Mathcam claimed something that sort of fits the description. This was a success to a certain extent.

(65%)Now, if we are to assume that Fuldu is pro-town, then we have 2 reasonable possibilities:

-(25%)Mathcam is the serial killer, and failed to kill since I blocked him. Flying Dutchman is another mafia player, and the mafia kill was prevented because one was killed and the other blocked.

-(35%)Mathcam is true to his claim, and Fletcher (the 2nd of 2 mafia) tried to kill him and failed because of his role.

-(5%)Other unthough of as yet possibility.

Either way, Flying Dutchman appears scum. This would tie in with what is quite a weak role claim, which certainly doesn't fit in with the game like the other 3 claims do.

(35%)Assuming Fuldu is anti-town:

-Fuldu is the serial killer, who killed Fletcher with a different style of kill than normal. The remaining scum is a toss up between (15%)nobody, (10%)FD and (10%)Mathcam (who loses the compatibility bonus of his role claim).

The percentages are how likely I think each of them situations are. If you want an analysis of what the situation is likely to be assuming I'm lying, then do one yourself. I'm certainly not going to help you :P.

Now you have everything there is to know about my role. If you guys are hiding anything, then please reveal. Now lets discuss what I've said and figure out our best bet.

However, we must make our mind up today, that is who we lynch today and who we lynch tomorrow, because we will not get any more information tonight.

I'm leaning towards lynching FD today and if necessary, Fuldu tomorrow, but I'm definitely open to being influenced either way.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:19 pm

Post by Fuldu »

I don't buy everything you've said here. In particular, I think suggesting that a sandwich during confirmations, which aren't even part of Day 1, ought to count is spurious, but I'm willing to overlook that. That said, I agree with your analysis of the best plan for today, lynching FD for his weak role claim and dealing with tomorrow if it comes. If shadyforce isn't who he says he is, I can shoot him, and if he is who he says he is, he can prevent me from doing so.
vote: Flying Dutchman
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 1:55 pm

Post by shadyforce »

That was the first thing that the mod told me when I got my role, that it is perfectly allowed during confirmations, and pointed to that specific example to demonstrate what I should be aiming to achieve, so yes... it does work.

So if that's the only problem you have (on such a non-essestial thing anyway) then I'm happy enough.

Anyway, I'll hear from FD and Cam before I tag on my vote.

And go ahead... take your best shot! :P
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:00 pm

Well, for my defence, look back at the actions during night 1: Both scum AND SK target one of the most experienced players in the game. I don't know about you, but I would never do that. During night 1 I usually target one of the players with a little less experience, because it helps a lot if they are out of the game, and the doc protection is likely to go to (in this game) Leonidas and Mathcam. Well then, who would I target? Well, seeing from a third person probably myself or shadyforce. Maybe werebear, but not Leonidas.

Well, if I'm lying, 2 parties targeted Leonidas on night 1. In my opinion, this is extremely unlikely.

I'm convinced of the guilt of Mathcam though, partly because the character he claims, and mostly because of the No Lynch-strat he suggested. Mathcam is not the kind of player who does that kind of thing. He says he does that because town's only hope was that the SK targeted mafia tonight, or the other way round. However, he himself claims to have night protection, and I think he knew perfectly well that the chance that, after a lynch, the kill fails at night is greater than the chance that scum takes the SK out.

Also, we haven't had a mafia godfather yet, so I assume he's that, and has night protection. That way, after a no-lynch he took no risk, and with his own killing immunity it wouldn't be too hard to let just one person they that night, and his best hope was indeed a 3-player endgame.

Well, and that leaves Woody as our SK. That makes sense, as he carries a knife in the movies, and a gun would have limited ammo. The gun-kills would give him a slight advantage over a normal SK, and that's what mod's like to do, as the chances for a SK to win are VERY small, and especially with a game like this, where everyone has an ability, it would make sense to strengthen him a bit up.

Confirm Vote: Mathcam

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”