Alternatively,

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:15 am

Post by MariaR »

Well from night kills that is
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:23 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 19, MariaR wrote:Hello I need to be added to any type of PT thank you.
Is that your quest?
I mostly just lurk now.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:27 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 26, mutantdevle wrote:
Is that your quest?
Well my quest has 2 parts getting into the pt is one. I'm already somewhat not killable at night but I know if I finish it it gets better
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:31 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 21, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Nibbui, why do you believe infinite fakeclaiming is less reprehensible/whatever you believe here?
Hi there Gamma

It's not about being reprehensible or not, I wanted to do it just because it's fun!! :'D

Seriously speaking though it's more of a pun since I love fakeclaiming as scum, but since I rolled town I might need to hold myself :cry:

Oh, also I have a xmas gift for you

VOTE: Gamma
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 24, MariaR wrote:I become death proof.
I was expecting to have to dance around this more, based on a similar play Kokichi Oma made in Deja Vu Mafia (RIP). Thank you for providing these specifics, they make me much more inclined to aid you. While making you immune to some sort of a kill is kinda unsavory, it’s better bulletproof than Lynchproof as lynch is town’s main weapon while the gun is a more rogue tool.
Unfortunately I cannot aid you right now but I’ll do what I can to help. This is dependent on you remaining not-a-scumread FYI.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 28, Nibbui wrote:
In post 21, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Nibbui, why do you believe infinite fakeclaiming is less reprehensible/whatever you believe here?
Hi there Gamma

It's not about being reprehensible or not, I wanted to do it just because it's fun!! :'D

Seriously speaking though it's more of a pun since I love fakeclaiming as scum, but since I rolled town I might need to hold myself :cry:

Oh, also I have a xmas gift for you

VOTE: Gamma
I already accounted for you not meaning it in a way that regarded fakeclaiming as reprehensible with the “whatever you believe” part.
So uh...what’s the pun? I see a rhyme, but no pun.
And thank you for your gift, I like votes of many kinds. Unfortunately votes on town are disliked so that sours the feeling a little.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:09 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 27, MariaR wrote:
In post 26, mutantdevle wrote:
Is that your quest?
Well my quest has 2 parts getting into the pt is one. I'm already somewhat not killable at night but I know if I finish it it gets better
Huh. My quest is a simple condition that needs to be met but I have no idea what it rewards other than my flavour submission.

I was thinking about whether it was worth all of us sharing what quest conditions that we have. That way, we can help each other to unlock our 2nd abilities. That said, we don't know whether each person we help could be mafia. So then, would it turn into only helping the people we trust? If so, then that might lead to some town discourse as different people want to help different people and others try to prevent some from reaching their conditions. Then there's the possibility that the mafia may be able to prevent us from completing our missions, especially if they cannot be completed within the day.

The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but, the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences). Naturally, if we follow this route, people are going to ask for help anyway if they feel that that's the best way to unlock their ability. That then treads into the territory of "so do we actually help this person because we might just be giving more power to the mafia".

I think the default soloution is the 2nd option as I'm fairly certain that was the way the mod intended. There's also the added benefit of being able to use the extent that people go to try and achieve their quest as AI.
I mostly just lurk now.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:11 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Wait, can we infer that MariaR is town from her quest? Since mafia would already be in a PT.
I mostly just lurk now.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:15 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:So uh...what’s the pun? I see a rhyme, but no pun.
It's for myself, I'm egocentric enough for that yes
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:And thank you for your gift, I like votes of many kinds. Unfortunately votes on town are disliked so that sours the feeling a little.
:thinking:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 32, mutantdevle wrote:Wait, can we infer that MariaR is town from her quest? Since mafia would already be in a PT.
Whilst possible it could be she needs to be in a non-factional PT or some other way of phrasing that excludes a mafia PT.
I like your gusto though.
<Embrace The Void>

Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:22 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 31, mutantdevle wrote: The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but,
the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences)
I mean, if this is what I think it is, it kinda sounds like a scum quest to be honest.

I don't see why you would say that so easily though, I would expect you to be aware that it was a not-so-good-looking quest so...

maybe it's kinda a nice intention after all?

dunno :/
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:37 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 35, Nibbui wrote:
In post 31, mutantdevle wrote: The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but,
the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences)
I mean, if this is what I think it is, it kinda sounds like a scum quest to be honest.

I don't see why you would say that so easily though, I would expect you to be aware that it was a not-so-good-looking quest so...

maybe it's kinda a nice intention after all?

dunno :/
It's not a full-on anti-town quest lol. It's not a quest I can achieve by myself so I'd need to work with everyone to achieve it. But I can see a way in which it could make things go badly. Don't worry though, I'm not stupid enough to fall into the trap that it kinda sets out. I imagine that we are either going to achieve my quest condition naturally or we are going to come close to it and I'm going to be like "hey, can we quickly do this:" to achieve it. It would make more sense if I claim it.

You have raised a valid thought though, do you think that the mafia are going to have specifically anti-town quests? Because if so, then that's a solid reason for everyone to claim their quests.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I guess the best way to describe my quest is “disruptive”. Don’t care to say more for now.
I think it’s possible but kinda don’t feel we’d be dealing with mafia having specifically anti-town quests.
<Embrace The Void>

Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:48 am

Post by Nibbui »

It's not necessarily "anti-town", but let's look at an example:

A quest that is about being put on L-1 that day but surviving.

It's not "anti-town" in the sense that will do permanent damage to town or anything, it just kinda looks like a scum quest.

Idk if it's a good idea to claim quests, because it may end up revealing what kind of role townies might have while scum can maybe fakeclaim?

Like, maybe it's not a bad idea but it's something to be thought a lot before doing. Also, although I'm quite confident that at least one scum may have a scummy quest, I dunno if all of them have scummy quests at all.

Also, sometimes townies may have a not-so-good-looking quest as well, it can happen that maybe someone with a quest similar to my example is town, and then not only would we be giving scum a lot of info, we would be clinging in to a sloppy rope. :(

JJH spent a lot of time doing the quests and setup, I wouldn't be confident that there is such a cheesy way to go about scum hunting.

If we get to know the quest of someone by other means though, it might not be a bad idea to wonder if it's scummy or not.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wait why is that the first thing you could come up with?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And yeah, given jjh’s habit of picking apart roles I think he knows to avoid making something easily gamed.
<Embrace The Void>

ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:53 am

Post by ChibiBear »

Nevermind

Pedit: Hey that's what I was about to guess! :lol:

I don't really see why that would be a scum quest in particular though.
Boop.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:54 am

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is that the first thing you could come up with?
Idk, just seems like the obvious conclusion considering what he said? I was thinking of the exact same thing.
Boop.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:57 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 32, mutantdevle wrote:Wait, can we infer that MariaR is town from her quest? Since mafia would already be in a PT.
probably not, the quest could very easily be "be added to another private topic" or something along the same vein. it's also possible that getting into a PT isn't part of her quest at all and is actually some element of her main role

although i am somewhat inferring that you're town from this post

VOTE: nk15
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:00 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is that the first thing you could come up with?

Why do you think I came up with that first?
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:03 am

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 37, Gamma Emerald wrote:I guess the best way to describe my quest is “disruptive”.
Yeah, that's a better way of explaining it. My quest isn't necessarily disruptive though, just that it
could
be.
I mostly just lurk now.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:03 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 44, Nibbui wrote:

Why do you think I came up with that first?
Exposure: I had that exact quest in a game I replaced into in order to make my role better. So I thought you read that game and saw it, or you were in it on another account.
<Embrace The Void>

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:04 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 41, ChibiBear wrote:
Nevermind

Pedit: Hey that's what I was about to guess! :lol:

I don't really see why that would be a scum quest in particular though.
what were you saying nevermind to?
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Spoiler: Nevermind.
<Embrace The Void>

ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 am

Post by ChibiBear »

I was about to also guess about the quest being needing to get to L-1 or L-2 or something similar but Nibbi beat me to it.
Boop.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”