Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:08 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 46, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 44, Nibbui wrote:
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is that the first thing you could come up with?
:thinking:

Why do you think I came up with that first?
Exposure: I had that exact quest in a game I replaced into in order to make my role better. So I thought you read that game and saw it, or you were in it on another account.
Yeah, but that's not it to be honest, I naturally thought of it when thinking about not-so-good-looking quests, it's a pretty easy quest to come up with.
ChibiBear
ChibiBear
Goon
ChibiBear
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:10 am

Post by ChibiBear »

In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler: Nevermind.
GDI Gamma don't just reveal my flavour like that :lol:
Boop.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Nah I’d figure it would be MariaR’s flavor :lol:
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 43, northsidegal wrote: VOTE: nk15
is there a reason for this?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Nibbui »

nvm it's probably too soon for that

back to shitposting
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:18 am

Post by northsidegal »

In post 53, Nibbui wrote:
-shrug-

i townlean you, mutant, and also maybe gamma. i figured that out of everyone who had posted so far, voting NK15 would be the most likely to have some sort of effect in helping sort him (along with his entrance being just sort of awkward enough for me to want to do so)
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:22 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 55, northsidegal wrote:
In post 53, Nibbui wrote:
(along with his entrance being just sort of awkward enough for me to want to do so)
yeah I was like

"if someone asked me who we should burn just based on entrance posts maybe NK15 wasn't a bad option huh"

but that's not a "reason" that we can discuss :(
In post 55, northsidegal wrote: voting NK15 would be the most likely to have some sort of effect in helping sort him
Mmmmh, maybe I'm being slow and I don't get it, but why? do you perhaps have experience playing with him?
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 am

Post by Nibbui »

I'll help you with that as well

VOTE: NK15
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:23 am

Post by northsidegal »

yeah, a few games i think. i vaguely remember him overreacting to votes or something along those lines (i didn't really check)

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mind telling why you think explaining the reaction test helps? I had a somewhat recent game where I saw someone was reaction testing me because I saw their post after posting about something unrelated to their test but still part of the game.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 am

Post by northsidegal »

it was barely ever a "reaction test" in the first place, i just felt like voting someone and NK15 seemed like a good choice. the fact that i'm actually voting him and think that his entrance was awkward enough to warrant a vote has also not changed, so he's still that much actually closer to a lynch

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok.
<Embrace The Void>

Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Nibbui »

maybe and just maybe NSG is town.

I feel as if I've only seen her as town recently so I'm a bit afraid here though :(
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:47 am

Post by northsidegal »

i got my wiki up to date if you want to do more reading.

things fall apart
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Are you activity telling me again -_-
I just read your PT for the coalition, and I object to the idea of a straight activity read. You can try to read me on engagement, I engage in different ways as town and scum I feel. But you can’t just try activity read me like Creature (which doesn’t work either).
<Embrace The Void>

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:56 am

Post by northsidegal »

can't really activity tell you in the first 12 hours of a game. and despite what i said there, i didn't actually end up doing that.

things fall apart
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 63, northsidegal wrote:i got my wiki up to date if you want to do more reading.
Oh, that might help.

My to-do reading list is a bit rough here though, lots of people I don't have experience with or haven't seen enough of them.
In post 64, Gamma Emerald wrote:Are you activity telling me again -_-
I just read your PT for the coalition, and I object to the idea of a straight activity read. You can try to read me on engagement, I engage in different ways as town and scum I feel. But you can’t just try activity read me like Creature (which doesn’t work either).
It's still amusing for me when you frequently post though (later or in the middle of the game)

it kinda feels like there is a elephant in the room and we might need to address it :lol:
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 25, MariaR wrote:Well from night kills that is
In post 26, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 19, MariaR wrote:Hello I need to be added to any type of PT thank you.
Is that your quest?
In post 27, MariaR wrote:
Is that your quest?
Well my quest has 2 parts getting into the pt is one. I'm already somewhat not killable at night but I know if I finish it it gets better
In post 28, Nibbui wrote:
In post 21, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Nibbui, why do you believe infinite fakeclaiming is less reprehensible/whatever you believe here?
Hi there Gamma

It's not about being reprehensible or not, I wanted to do it just because it's fun!! :'D

Seriously speaking though it's more of a pun since I love fakeclaiming as scum, but since I rolled town I might need to hold myself :cry:

Oh, also I have a xmas gift for you

VOTE: Gamma
In post 29, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 24, MariaR wrote:I become death proof.
I was expecting to have to dance around this more, based on a similar play Kokichi Oma made in Deja Vu Mafia (RIP). Thank you for providing these specifics, they make me much more inclined to aid you. While making you immune to some sort of a kill is kinda unsavory, it’s better bulletproof than Lynchproof as lynch is town’s main weapon while the gun is a more rogue tool.
Unfortunately I cannot aid you right now but I’ll do what I can to help. This is dependent on you remaining not-a-scumread FYI.
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 28, Nibbui wrote:
In post 21, Gamma Emerald wrote:
@Nibbui, why do you believe infinite fakeclaiming is less reprehensible/whatever you believe here?
Hi there Gamma

It's not about being reprehensible or not, I wanted to do it just because it's fun!! :'D

Seriously speaking though it's more of a pun since I love fakeclaiming as scum, but since I rolled town I might need to hold myself :cry:

Oh, also I have a xmas gift for you

VOTE: Gamma
I already accounted for you not meaning it in a way that regarded fakeclaiming as reprehensible with the “whatever you believe” part.
So uh...what’s the pun? I see a rhyme, but no pun.
And thank you for your gift, I like votes of many kinds. Unfortunately votes on town are disliked so that sours the feeling a little.
In post 31, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 27, MariaR wrote:
Is that your quest?
Well my quest has 2 parts getting into the pt is one. I'm already somewhat not killable at night but I know if I finish it it gets better
Huh. My quest is a simple condition that needs to be met but I have no idea what it rewards other than my flavour submission.

I was thinking about whether it was worth all of us sharing what quest conditions that we have. That way, we can help each other to unlock our 2nd abilities. That said, we don't know whether each person we help could be mafia. So then, would it turn into only helping the people we trust? If so, then that might lead to some town discourse as different people want to help different people and others try to prevent some from reaching their conditions. Then there's the possibility that the mafia may be able to prevent us from completing our missions, especially if they cannot be completed within the day.

The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but, the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences). Naturally, if we follow this route, people are going to ask for help anyway if they feel that that's the best way to unlock their ability. That then treads into the territory of "so do we actually help this person because we might just be giving more power to the mafia".

I think the default soloution is the 2nd option as I'm fairly certain that was the way the mod intended. There's also the added benefit of being able to use the extent that people go to try and achieve their quest as AI.
In post 32, mutantdevle wrote:Wait, can we infer that MariaR is town from her quest? Since mafia would already be in a PT.
In post 33, Nibbui wrote:
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:So uh...what’s the pun? I see a rhyme, but no pun.
It's for myself, I'm egocentric enough for that yes
In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:And thank you for your gift, I like votes of many kinds. Unfortunately votes on town are disliked so that sours the feeling a little.
In post 34, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 32, mutantdevle wrote:Wait, can we infer that MariaR is town from her quest? Since mafia would already be in a PT.
Whilst possible it could be she needs to be in a non-factional PT or some other way of phrasing that excludes a mafia PT.
I like your gusto though.
In post 35, Nibbui wrote:
In post 31, mutantdevle wrote: The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but,
the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences)
I mean, if this is what I think it is, it kinda sounds like a scum quest to be honest.

I don't see why you would say that so easily though, I would expect you to be aware that it was a not-so-good-looking quest so...

maybe it's kinda a nice intention after all?

dunno :/
In post 36, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 35, Nibbui wrote:
In post 31, mutantdevle wrote: The alternative is to just let people complete their missions on their own. My problem with that is, I don't know about any of y'all but,
the process of my quest isn't helpful to the town. (Whereas if I told you what it was, it could easily be achieved without any consequences)
I mean, if this is what I think it is, it kinda sounds like a scum quest to be honest.

I don't see why you would say that so easily though, I would expect you to be aware that it was a not-so-good-looking quest so...

maybe it's kinda a nice intention after all?

dunno :/
It's not a full-on anti-town quest lol. It's not a quest I can achieve by myself so I'd need to work with everyone to achieve it. But I can see a way in which it could make things go badly. Don't worry though, I'm not stupid enough to fall into the trap that it kinda sets out. I imagine that we are either going to achieve my quest condition naturally or we are going to come close to it and I'm going to be like "hey, can we quickly do this:" to achieve it. It would make more sense if I claim it.

You have raised a valid thought though, do you think that the mafia are going to have specifically anti-town quests? Because if so, then that's a solid reason for everyone to claim their quests.
In post 37, Gamma Emerald wrote:I guess the best way to describe my quest is “disruptive”. Don’t care to say more for now.
I think it’s possible but kinda don’t feel we’d be dealing with mafia having specifically anti-town quests.
In post 38, Nibbui wrote:It's not necessarily "anti-town", but let's look at an example:

A quest that is about being put on L-1 that day but surviving.

It's not "anti-town" in the sense that will do permanent damage to town or anything, it just kinda looks like a scum quest.

Idk if it's a good idea to claim quests, because it may end up revealing what kind of role townies might have while scum can maybe fakeclaim?

Like, maybe it's not a bad idea but it's something to be thought a lot before doing. Also, although I'm quite confident that at least one scum may have a scummy quest, I dunno if all of them have scummy quests at all.

Also, sometimes townies may have a not-so-good-looking quest as well, it can happen that maybe someone with a quest similar to my example is town, and then not only would we be giving scum a lot of info, we would be clinging in to a sloppy rope. :(

JJH spent a lot of time doing the quests and setup, I wouldn't be confident that there is such a cheesy way to go about scum hunting.

If we get to know the quest of someone by other means though, it might not be a bad idea to wonder if it's scummy or not.
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:Wait why is that the first thing you could come up with?
In post 40, Gamma Emerald wrote:And yeah, given jjh’s habit of picking apart roles I think he knows to avoid making something easily gamed.
In post 41, ChibiBear wrote:
Nevermind

Pedit: Hey that's what I was about to guess! :lol:

I don't really see why that would be a scum quest in particular though.
In post 42, ChibiBear wrote:
Idk, just seems like the obvious conclusion considering what he said? I was thinking of the exact same thing.
In post 43, northsidegal wrote:
probably not, the quest could very easily be "be added to another private topic" or something along the same vein. it's also possible that getting into a PT isn't part of her quest at all and is actually some element of her main role

although i am somewhat inferring that you're town from this post

VOTE: nk15

In post 45, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 37, Gamma Emerald wrote:I guess the best way to describe my quest is “disruptive”.
Yeah, that's a better way of explaining it. My quest isn't necessarily disruptive though, just that it
could
be.
In post 46, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Exposure: I had that exact quest in a game I replaced into in order to make my role better. So I thought you read that game and saw it, or you were in it on another account.
In post 47, northsidegal wrote:
In post 41, ChibiBear wrote:
Nevermind

Pedit: Hey that's what I was about to guess! :lol:

I don't really see why that would be a scum quest in particular though.
what were you saying nevermind to?
In post 48, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Spoiler: Nevermind.
In post 49, ChibiBear wrote:I was about to also guess about the quest being needing to get to L-1 or L-2 or something similar but Nibbi beat me to it.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:28 am

Post by Varsoon »

Let's uh
Let's try that again.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:41 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Any... guess you already belong to the Mafia PT?
Nearly impossible to verify without wasting a nightkill - and by far not guranteed to be town-ish...
talking about things and avoiding reading/rvs...

This is not the town version of MariaR!

VOTE: MariaR
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I discussed all of those NK15. I don’t see why those are such atrocities?
<Embrace The Void>

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:44 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I didnt even remember I signed up for this game till I saw the role PM.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

VOTE: mutant

Why arent you more skeptical?
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:48 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 69, Not Known 15 wrote:talking about things and avoiding reading/rvs...
She does this as scum and town.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:56 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 69, Not Known 15 wrote:
Any... guess you already belong to the Mafia PT?
Nearly impossible to verify without wasting a nightkill - and by far not guranteed to be town-ish...
talking about things and avoiding reading/rvs...

This is not the town version of MariaR!

VOTE: MariaR
>"Nearly impossible to verify without wasting a nightkill"
>"Wasting a nightkill"
>NK15 is thinking from the perspective of a night kill not working as being a bad thing

Gg ez
VOTE: NK15

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”