Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Micro 885: Crown on the Ground (Game Over)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

Micro 885: Crown on the Ground

Moderated by Oversoul
Reviewed by Micc

Players:

popsofctown
Dunnstral
Hectic
Egduf*
Chemist1422
x maya*
Aa
Correspondence* (secret hydra)
gameplay506
Lil Uzi Vert*
RCEnigma
NotMySpamAccount*
Doctor Drew

Spoiler: Still Playing
popsofctown
Hectic,
Innocent Child
, aligned with the Town
Correspondence (secret hydra)
gameplay506

Spoiler: Dead
Doctor Drew,
Vanilla Townie
, lynched Day 1.
Aa,
Seeking Mason
Innocent Child
, killed Night 1.
Dunnstral,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 2.
RCEnigma,
2-Shot Bodyguard
, killed Night 2.
Chemist1422,
Mafia Goon
, lynched Day 3.

Events:

Day 1 ends.
Day 2 ends.
Day 3 ends.
Last edited by Oversoul on Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:49 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

Rules taken from funkybike1
Fundamental Rules
  • 0. The moderator is always right, except when he’s not. If you have a question, feel free to ask it in the thread (using
    @Mod
    or something similar), or more preferably, PM me directly.
    1. All site-wide rules apply.
    2. Rule violations may result in moderator actions of anything up to force-replacements, modkills, or, if egregious, game abandonment. Please play by the rules; otherwise you're wasting the time of everyone else involved with the game.
    3. Only post in this thread if you are in the game and alive. Posting meaningful content after you are dead may result in a posthumous modkill. One “Bah” post is okay, but it cannot contain game-related information.
    4. Modkilled players will be changed to a Neutral Survivor, and immediately end the day regardless of alignment. Modkilled players cannot win.
    5. Do not discuss ongoing games on this or another site unless that game explicitly allows outside communication. This includes games you are not in or dead. This includes referring to them vaguely as “an ongoing game” or “[redacted]”. This rule also applies to discussing this game outside this thread or any relevant private topics.
    6. Role PMs trump these rules if there is a conflict.
    7. Pretending to violate a rule, in such a manner that it is not immediately obvious to be false, counts the same as violating the rule.
    8. Be nice.
    9. Remember, this is a
    game
    . You're supposed to have fun.
General
  • 9. If you have a win condition you can achieve, you have to play to it.
    10. Personal meta arguments are allowed, but do not use trust tells, as this is implicitly not playing to your win condition in games you are scum-aligned.
    11. Do not quote any private communication with me or another moderator, including your role PM, without express permission. Paraphrasing is allowed. You may quote your own words from PMs that you sent, but you cannot include timestamps or proofs of authenticity.
    12. Do not use encryption, hidden text, or excessively small text. Breadcrumbing is allowed.
    13. Do not use provable randomness such as dice tags. I allow an exception for early Day 1 “RVS” votes, but you probably shouldn’t use it.
    14. Do not edit or delete your posts. If you accidentally double-post or mess up formatting on a post and you want it to be fixed, please notify me. I will only change formatting, not the content of the post.
    15. My color is
    Royal Gold (#FF8000)
    . Do not use it or a similar color.
Voting
  • 16. Votes and unvotes should be in
    bold
    or VOTE: tags.
    17. Votes in quote or spoiler tags will not be counted.
    18. Pseudovotes are allowed, but will not be counted. Barring that, if it looks like a vote and I know who it’s for, it’s a vote. If I do not understand who it’s for, I will not count it.
    19. If you vote for someone not in the game, including myself, I will not count it. This is not a bastard game; the mod cannot be lynched.
    20. Unvotes are allowed but not necessary. Posting any vote or unvote automatically removes your previous vote.
The Game
  • 21. The objective of every faction is to be the only faction remaining, barring specific language saying otherwise in its role PMs.
    22. Lynches will occur once a majority is reached. If no majority is reached before deadline, the day ends in a No Lynch.
    23. Voting for No Lynch is allowed. No Lynch requires 50% of the votes.
    24. Once the threshold for a lynch or No Lynch is reached, the result is final and the game thread will be locked as we enter voting on
    The Crown
    25. If no one is lynched and no role or factional kills are attempted for 3 complete Days and Nights, the onus will be placed on the living scum faction to kill. If and only if they have no kills, the Town will be informed of this and will have to lynch.
Deadlines and Activity
  • 26. Day 1 lasts 10 real-life days (240 hours.) All subsequent Days last 7 real-life days (168 hours.) This may be adjusted at moderator discretion.
    27. Nights last 48 hours, up to a maximum of 72 hours if there is a need for a replacement. If an action is sent late after Night ends, it will not be counted.
    28. You are expected to post at least once every 48 hours. If you do not, you may be prodded and may be replaced if you do not post meaningful content within 24 hours after the prod. If you receive 3 prods during the game, you may be replaced immediately.
    29. If you are going to be temporarily away or V/LA, please post it in the thread or preferably PM me.
    30. If you have a Night action and you might be V/LA during the Night, you may submit the action during the preceding Day, including actions contingent on the Day’s lynch. This also applies to voting for
    The Crown
Miscellany
  • 31. Play to win. Please request replacement if you no longer wish to participate in the game.
    32. Do not threaten to replace out of the game. If you need to be replaced, PM me.
    33. If a Night action is compulsive and no action is submitted, it will be performed on a pseudo-random target. The method by which the target will be selected will be outlined in your role PM; it may or may not be the same for all compulsive roles in the game.
    34. Please try to post with the correct account. Alt-slips must be quoted using the account that is in this game. Votes from players not on the official playerlist will not be counted.
Game-Specific Information and Role Interactions
  • 35. This game setup is 7 town to 2 Mafia.
    36. The Mafia, as well as any possible Masons or Neighbors, have daytalk.
    37. Upon a player's death, their role PM will be posted, with the identities of other players redacted.
    38. After a player has been lynched, the game will enter a 24 hour period where all living players will vote on who gets to wear
    The Crown
    . Voting is plurality based, which means it will go to the person with the most number of votes. Tie breakers will be determined by whose name comes first in the alphabet. You can message me a preliminary vote if you will not be around during the 24 hour period.
    39. The player who has been selected to wear
    The Crown
    , will gain access to a hidden ability immediately available for use that night. You will not know what your ability is until after you are selected. Due to the nature of this game, some players will never be able to access their hidden ability.

Spoiler: Sample Role PM
Welcome, friend!
You are a
Vanilla Townie
!

Abilities
:
  • * Your voice

* Your vote
Win Condition
:

You win when all
Mafia
aligned players have been eliminated and there is at least one
Town
player alive, or if nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is here.

Please confirm by replying to this PM with your role name.
Last edited by Oversoul on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:47 am

Post by Oversoul »

Role PMs will be going out within the next two hours.
All role PMs have been sent. Game will start once 7 players have confirmed they have received their role PM.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Oversoul »

It is now Day 1!

Votecount 1.00
Not Voting (9) -
popsofctown, Dunnstral, Egduf, Hectic, Correspondence, x maya, Lil Uzi Vert, gameplay506, NotMySpamAccount

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-08-26 00:15:00)

Egduf has (expired on 2019-08-17 00:15:00) to confirm her role pm.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

This is the first vote.
First has five letters.
Mafia also has five letters.
You know what username has a five in it? gameplay506
5+0+6=11
gameplay is two syllables, so add 2 to get 13.
13 is an unlucky number.
13 is also too large for a micro game like this.
gameplay506 is scum.
VOTE: gameplay506
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: NotMySpamAccount because now I'm hungry.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

I am so so so so happy to finally start this game :)
I want a friendly game with everyone and I hope everyone has tons of fun. I have absolutely no ulterior motives and really only strive for peace and tranquility. I aim to be a pacifist and will therefore not be voting for anyone.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

VOTE: Hectic
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Hectic »

Never mind, I agree with Spam's logic on Gameplay. He's pretty sneaky too; he was pretty masterful as hiding as scum in my last game, so I'm very wary of him :D

VOTE: Gameplay

This is temporary, friend, I hope for you to come out as obvtown in the next couple of pages so I can remove this vote.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by Hectic »

VOTE: popsofctown

What's the origination of your flavour text? I would like to know very very very much.
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Correspondence »

Dearest Henrietta,

Thank you most kindly for your invitation to dine with you. I have been so lonesome these past weeks since we moved to the countryside, and good company has been hard to acquire. These bumpkins have simply dreadful manners, and stare at me most churlishly when I try to elevate their manners by explaining exactly which fork is appropriate for salad, and which for oysters. Can you believe, one even tried to use a serving spoon for his soup? Dreadful! I am glad all that is past, and a bit of class and society is back in my life. I am eager to hear the latest gossip of little doings about town.

Fondly yours,
Phillippa
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Great plot.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:15 pm

Post by Hectic »

Dear Phillipa,

I believe the royal ceremony has already begun. We have all assembled in the throne room, and are now eagerly anticipating which of us will be crowned as the new Kaiser of Montenegro. Do you always speak to others in letter form? If so, I could oblige, as you may have already noticed from this letter you are currently reading. However, I do find it much easier to speak face-to-face, so let me know if you change your mind. By the way, why is there a rope with a noose dangling from the chandelier?

Kind Regards,
Hectic
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Hellooo
@Notmyspam I think this is some really solid logic. You forgot to note that my avatar is upside down, like an inverted cross, which surely must point to me being evil!
@Hectic hey, hey, hey ( to you too egduf). As proof of my trust in you, I will aid you with my vote against pops.
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:02 am

Post by Egduf »

VOTE: Correspondence
I can use whichever fork I want for salad, and I don't think it's your place to correct me. Only the King can tell me how to eat salad.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:05 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Also I think we should all state some reasons why we should get the crown.
Let me start:
1. I am town.
2. I have always wanted to wear a crown. Gold also really suits me so all the more reason to give it to me.
3. I swear that I will use the crown's abilities in town's best interest.
4. I will be one good-looking prince with that crown.
Thanks in advance!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:33 am

Post by Hectic »

It should be self explanatory why, but Gameplay now has my full full unconditional trust.

Early crown tactics: We don't openly declare who we're voting for? Don't want scum to know for sure who gets the crown, and give them information for picking NKs and roleblocking/playing around potential abilities. We can claim who we voted for at the start of the next day though.
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:54 am

Post by Correspondence »

Dear Phillippa,

I fear your choice of charitable work is for nought, my friend. We must accept the uncouth and wanton as they are. It is our responsibility to provide a model of civilized society for them, but it I think it not in their nature to rise above their station. Have you heard of the advances made in phrenology by Professor Robessione at Oxford? It seems that by measuring the shapes of one’s skull, all manner of things may be learned about a subject!

While I hesitate to apply the esteemed professor’s methods without his supervision, I suspect we should find an array of unsightly and irregular bumps upon Mr. Hectic’s scalp, should we deign to dirty our hands in such an endeavor. I shall keep my eye on the ruffian, and alert the constabulary when my theory is confirmed.

Eagerly yours,
Henrietta
Correspondence
Correspondence
Townie
Correspondence
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Correspondence »

Post Script -

VOTE: Hectic
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:46 am

Post by Hectic »

Those are my head injuries in my time fighting in the Montenegrin-Ottomon war. Your mention of them has brought back some traumatic memories; I had hoped the people of this great nation would be more respectful of us veterans.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Hectic »

Also, you really need to take more care of your private correspondence, you keep dropping the letters on the floor, hence why we can all read them.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:13 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Hey guys :)

What’s shaking?
Egduf
Egduf
Townie
Egduf
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:37 am

Post by Egduf »

In post 17, Hectic wrote:It should be self explanatory why, but Gameplay now has my full full unconditional trust.

Early crown tactics: We don't openly declare who we're voting for? Don't want scum to know for sure who gets the crown, and give them information for picking NKs and roleblocking/playing around potential abilities. We can claim who we voted for at the start of the next day though.
Hectic is right here. Claiming who we voted for also potentially stops mafia from voting for themselves every night, on the condition that everyone claims who they voted for before the person that wins the crown reveals.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:43 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Waait can we vote for ourselves?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”