Identity Reboot [post-Round 10]

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #70 (isolation #0) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Equinox »

/in as stranger
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #178 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 165, Fluminator wrote:
How did your name (but not given name) end up on the credits of a videogame?
I backed a crowdfunding campaign for a visual novel release at the $50 tier to get the soundtrack, and it included a physical copy of the game and my name in the credits. While there was nothing untoward about this game in particular and at best a minuscule chance that someone would even read the long list of Kickstarter backers at the end of a 70-hour game, I still felt weird about having my full name listed. I've been trying for a decade to shed the reputation of enjoying anime despite using an ostensibly anime avatar here. I went for my really old Internet handle from my weaboo days; it seemed appropriate!
In post 165, Fluminator wrote:
What are you getting people for Christmas this year?
I tend to not do Christmas gifts because I am not good at picking out gifts for people. That said, I knew work was planning a secret Santa event for the holidays, so, during Black Friday sales, I sprung for a cheap card game and decided that I would just ask Amazon to wrap it for me because I didn't want to do what I usually do, which is get a separate gift bag and tissue paper. I checked out, and I guess I just spaced out because the game came unwrapped. Now I have to make a separate trip to Target to get a damned gift bag and tissue paper this weekend.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #186 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm

Post by Equinox »

:twisted:
In post 182, Fluminator wrote:DANGIT. Why would you cross a river Equinox. It's cold.
hitogoroshi and I were hiking one summer in Washington, DC. We were planning on taking the trail all the way down, but, when we got to the bridge, there was a sign saying that it was closed. The water was up to our ankles, and we watched someone cross with their dog. He wanted to ford the river, but I wanted to try finding a land route around first. After walking along the banks for a while, I conceded that the better way if we didn't want to turn around was to cross the river. We took off our shoes and socks, and we walked across. The water was quite nice! We ended up hiking for like 15 miles or something, haha.
Last edited by Equinox on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #193 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:15 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 189, Vi wrote:although Equinox's answer was
really
good
For what it's worth, off the top of my head, I have backed two visual novel campaigns at the $50 tier for the physical copy. Unfortunately, Sekai Project doesn't offer soundtracks at that level, and they only recently offered the option to have a name in the credit roll with their Rewrite+ campaign earlier this year, by which point I had already long lost interest in overly long games that are targeted at an audience 10 years younger than I am. However, I did back a campaign several years ago for a fan movie of
Mockingjay
; I don't remember if my name is in the credits, but it would have been my legal name, in any case.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #198 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 194, Vi wrote:wait how did you wind up in the same extended universe as rabi-ribi
I used to enjoy visual novels quite a lot back when the only good way to get a quality translation was to hope that a dedicated team of fans worked on it because the commercial players (e.g., Hirameki, JAST, old MangaGamer) either were not up to par or were selling hentai. One of the games I was tracking was School Days, famous for its numerous bad endings, and it was being translated over several years by a fan group called "Sekai Project". I forget if they were contracted by JAST or if they sold the translation to JAST, but eventually JAST published an official English-language edition of School Days. After that, Sekai Project themselves formed their own visual novel company and funded their projects through crowdfunding campaigns.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #261 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:47 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 258, N wrote:
@all where were you going when you had to explain mafia
xyzzy and I were driving through the Canada-U.S. border at Lewiston, New York, and the agent asked us how we met each other (online), where online we met each other (gaming forum), and what kind of gaming (uhh). There was a moment where I definitely debated whether or not to explain with the Mafia theme, which would sound sketchy to someone who might not have had that experience in summer camp, or with the Werewolves theme, which was safer but also the inferior theme. We ended up explaining Werewolves using the uninformed majority/informed minority angle. Agent asked more questions about how long we knew each other and the people we were meeting, and we were sent on our way.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #272 (isolation #6) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 271, SleepyKrew wrote:I developed a full backstory for that lie despite followup questions not being a thing
What was the back story?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #607 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Equinox »

In post 595, StrangerCoug wrote:Equinox was the usher
Every year, Shakespeare Theatre Company has a fundraiser show called Will on the Hill where Congresspeople and other DC luminaries do live readings of an original comedy script.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #659 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 658, pablito wrote:@Equinox, what was the flag puzzle?
The escape room was set in a school, and the first part involved a classroom. There was a flag, and I was staring at it when I noticed that it could be detached from the wall. I pulled it out, and there was a key at the end to unlock a different puzzle in the room.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #662 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Equinox »

<3
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #706 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

Sorry, pablito. I was not sure how to answer your question because I honestly completely forgot what puzzle the flag was supposed to solve. All I remembered was that the pole was a key that opened something else. The flag itself was because it was a classroom setting, and, as stupid as it sounds, it was my first time outside of the U.S. and I was fascinated at how different it was to see a Canadian flag on a pole in a classroom. It kind of broke my brain somehow (and I stared at flags the entire trip). I wasn't sure how much detail to include about the flag itself because I had interpreted the question to be about the puzzle.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #836 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Equinox »

The National Park Service has a fun program where they sell these passport books that you can stamp whenever you visit an NPS site. Taking a picture of all of the stamps would be difficult, but here's what a page looks like:

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”