Micro 904: Radja's Story Episode 1 - GAME OVER

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:43 am

Post by Zenith »

For the record, i still think the case vs amrun was trash. Regardless of alignment i tend to try avoiding lying as much as possible. So when I'm telling you things, those are my honest thoughts and opinions. Even as scum typically the only thing I'll tend to lie about is my alignment, and I'll avoid doing that unless I feel a need to because I've an aversion to dishonesty.

If I push someone, I may or may not be scum reading them, but either way I'm probably trying to prove my read on someone.

Anyways, my reading and overall play should hopefully improve with time. Maybe you'll get better at reading me too, or not. I dunno.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:20 am

Post by Enter »

The case against Amrun wasn't trash. I think after you've played on the site for a little while longer you'll realize why the claim being made when it was was pretty bad. "Bastard" doesn't mean the game is unbalanced.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Amrun »

I should have claimed some type of gated tracker, or just VT. It was an error on my part. :)
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:37 am

Post by Zenith »

Never claimed that bastard roles means the game is unbalanced. Never even claimed the game is unbalanced.

The game description says: "Balance is not guaranteed."
So I presumed, "Balance is not guaranteed." To mean that balance isn't guaranteed. As in may or may not be balanced.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Zenith »

And I read may contain bastard roles to mean that since we don't know what roles scum are, and they could be potentially weird roles, how can you even determine whether or not the game is balanced without knowing what roles scum have?

But I also said that setup spec isn't something I'm strong in. It would have helped of there was something other than pure setup spec in the case vs amrun, because pure setup spec doesn't seem like a strong argument given the potential for scum bastard roles + balance not being guaranteed.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Not guaranteed != not aimed for, though
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

One thing I noticed in Chemist’s role explicitly mentions being roleblocked
Surprised that didn’t come up in the game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 876, Enter wrote:The case against Amrun wasn't trash. I think after you've played on the site for a little while longer you'll realize why the claim being made when it was was pretty bad. "Bastard" doesn't mean the game is unbalanced.
+1

Amrun’s claim, after flipped cop, bg and confirmed vig, meant that either she logically had to be scum or that the game was seriously broken, which I kept trying to tell Zenith.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:46 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 880, Gamma Emerald wrote:Not guaranteed != not aimed for, though
Never said not guaranteed = not aimed for. Not guaranteed = not guaranteed, right?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 878, Zenith wrote:Never claimed that bastard roles means the game is unbalanced. Never even claimed the game is unbalanced.

The game description says: "Balance is not guaranteed."
So I presumed, "Balance is not guaranteed." To mean that balance isn't guaranteed. As in may or may not be balanced.
Balance not being guaranteed /= scum having literally no chance at winning.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 882, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 876, Enter wrote:The case against Amrun wasn't trash. I think after you've played on the site for a little while longer you'll realize why the claim being made when it was was pretty bad. "Bastard" doesn't mean the game is unbalanced.
+1

Amrun’s claim, after flipped cop, bg and confirmed vig, meant that either she logically had to be scum or that the game was seriously broken, which I kept trying to tell Zenith.
So you are claiming it is impossible to balance in town tracker? even with potential bastard roles, no possible scum roles could have made for a balanced setup?
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:49 am

Post by Enter »

If you believe the case against Amrun was trash, you believe that balance was not even called into question.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Enter »

Zenith you're displaying a density rarely noted in the human skull. Stop justifying your stance and your play, accept that you screwed up on several occasions, get better, and get over it. LOL
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 877, Amrun wrote:I should have claimed some type of gated tracker, or just VT. It was an error on my part. :)
Yeah, you totally fucked yourself with that. :lol:
I guess, I should have considered bussing as a possibility specifically because of that.

Chemist dying over confitown Uncrowned, also threw me but he was obviously killed to frame Zenith, so brilliant move there, Gamma.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:53 am

Post by Zenith »

Im trying to understand how no possible scum roles could have made for a balanced setup. I don't know how many times i have to say that setup spec isn't one of my strengths.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 885, Zenith wrote:
+1

So you are claiming it is impossible to balance in town tracker? even with potential bastard roles, no possible scum roles could have made for a balanced setup?
Who was left? I knew we were vt and that meant that even if Gamma were scum pr, the game had to be seriously broken.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 am

Post by Zenith »

I mean if someone had said there are no possible scum roles that could allow for balanced setup given town tracker, and could somehow show ot, then maybe I would have found the argument convincing.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:55 am

Post by Zenith »

In post 890, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 885, Zenith wrote:
+1

Who was left? I knew we were vt and that meant that even if Gamma were scum pr, the game had to be seriously broken.
at the time, there was 2 scum alive.
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Zenith »

2 scum who could have been any role including bastard roles.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:56 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

@Zenith, explaining setup spec really isn’t my strong suit but Amrun clearly gets it. Why isn’t she calling the case on her “trash”?
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I think you should probably try to educate yourself better re:balance in setups or you will continue to make this error in judgement in future games. Beyond that, I really don’t know what to tell you.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Zenith
Zenith
Goon
Zenith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:03 am

Post by Zenith »

I don't know the list of all possible roles. But just making up roles in my head I don't see how it would be impossible to get a roughly balanced setup somehow. But again and again i say i'm not strong at setup spec because I lack the experience, and knowledge of all possible roles, etc.

I'd like to understand, but I currently don't.

Is the claim that there is no possible way to balance town track and the rest of town roles vs any 2 mystery scum roles with potential bastard roles?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:05 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 896, Zenith wrote:I don't know the list of all possible roles. But just making up roles in my head I don't see how it would be impossible to get a roughly balanced setup somehow. But again and again i say i'm not strong at setup spec because I lack the experience, and knowledge of all possible roles, etc.

Is the claim that there is no possible way to balance town track and the rest of town roles vs any 2 mystery scum roles with potential bastard roles?
You should pm Jingle. He can explain it a lot better than I can.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Enter »

In post 896, Zenith wrote:I don't know the list of all possible roles. But just making up roles in my head I don't see how it would be impossible to get a roughly balanced setup somehow. But again and again i say i'm not strong at setup spec because I lack the experience, and knowledge of all possible roles, etc.

For this reason, opposing the push against Amrun (even when the rest of town told you otherwise) and calling it trash is dumb and arguably lost the game for town.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Enter »

If you admit you didn't know, why act like you did?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”