The Quiet Place

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:32 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Nero Cain
Gamma Emerald
Eth0s

Jackal711
Something_Smart
Alyssa the Lamb (replaces Golden Robster)
Kirari Momobami
Dolly Parton

This is the quiet place.

Feel free to talk at your leisure.
Last edited by Wake1 on Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:28 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is all here?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Something_Smart »

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im sold

vote:RC
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:21 am

Post by Dolly Parton »

VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy
"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

bad vote

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i get that i want to kill Elsa Jay every game but I want to kill Elsa Jay this game.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

garmr can die as well

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

a black ranger.

Jackal711
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Jackal711
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Jackal711 »

Did not expect the game to start this quickly.. Day 1 is so far mostly fluff, as expected.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Kirari Momobami »

Thread is a mess so I'm using this as my personal PT for now

Page 1-2 takes

Townie posts
Spoiler:
In post 5, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Bitches i’m first.
In post 27, insomnia wrote:Yeah i read an article on team play and i think we’re doing amazing as of right now
In post 36, tictac wrote:woo

VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy
In post 42, Egix96 wrote:VOTE: eth0s

I spent way too long reading the playerlist and his name just jumped out at me for some reason.

Scummy posts

Spoiler:
In post 6, Chemist1422 wrote:Mistakes were made
In post 22, Something_Smart wrote:Happy scumday insomnia!
In post 25, Elsa Jay wrote:If all 20 people who first confirmed are able to get here and vote TSE then we're nearly there!

I legit doubt we'll get another legitimate wagon with 50 people here. So let's do this right the first time.
In post 26, Something_Smart wrote:We are not going to have Day 1 of this game be a policy lynch

Do you know how bad it would feel to be singled out in a 50-player game like that?
In post 30, Garmr wrote:
In post 17, Something_Smart wrote:SK here, killing the first person to post each day. Sorry Norweiganboy.
I'm also a SK so i'll VOTE: TrueSoulEnergy
In post 33, Almost50 wrote:VOTE: Elsa Jay

As Leonard Cohen once said: First we lynch EJ, then we lynch S_S. :twisted:
The only one who can decide your worth.. is you
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:28 am

3-4

Townie posts
Spoiler:
In post 59, insomnia wrote:
In post 54, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1, Wake1 wrote:Faction Ratio is 37:6:6:1.
There is a 26% chance we'll lynch an anti-town player. Assuming a completely unbiased lynch.
74% chance we lynch town.
I'm a gambling man myself and those look like good odds to me
In post 69, bob3141 wrote:lets give garmr a page of garmr votes to read when he gets back

VOTE: Garmr
In post 70, insomnia wrote:
In post 69, bob3141 wrote:lets give garmr a page of garmr votes to read when he gets back

this is town
In post 87, Almost50 wrote:
In post 79, Elsa Jay wrote:Oh trust me, scum make weird desicions sometimes. Usually unexperienced scum, but it's still prone to happen.
Why haven't you fakeclaimed anything yet? Who is/are your PT partner(s)? And -most importantly- WHO IS THE RENEGADE??
In post 76, Nero Cain wrote:a50 is very evil.

Scummy posts
Spoiler:
In post 52, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 46, Elsa Jay wrote:People with numbers in their username are ten times more likely to be evil.
Since I'm an SK, guess I better switch to my alt iiSq5024 then ;)
In post 63, Elsa Jay wrote:I'm just saying it's not unbiased since we had a guy choose it. If they rolled the tag dice I would've said it was completely unbiased but they didn't. Therefore there's a mild bias.
In post 74, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 60, Elsa Jay wrote:It's not unbiased though since you started it for some unknown reason. If your town fair enough, but it aint unbiased atleast.
Assuming i am a member of a 6 man scum team.
That changes the likelihood down to 12.5% chance we lynch scum. (Assuming i did not vote a partner)
Still not terrible odds.
In post 80, Yiley wrote:

I like this plan
In post 91, AaronFrost wrote:Oh boy this is gonna be a game. Of mafia. That we are gonna play.
In post 96, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 25, Elsa Jay wrote:If all 20 people who first confirmed are able to get here and vote TSE then we're nearly there!

I legit doubt we'll get another legitimate wagon with 50 people here. So let's do this right the first time.
We only need 26 votes to lynch

VOTE: Hectic

I will always """"randomly"""" vote Hectic :wink:
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:45 am

5-6

The town post
In post 101, Pink Ball wrote:Lol Elsa which faction are you?
Scummy posts
Spoiler:
In post 102, Drixx wrote:VOTE: Garmr

Anyone else who advocates spam more posts with a 50 player list is gonna get the same.
In post 108, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 97, Almost50 wrote:
In post 91, AaronFrost wrote:Oh boy this is gonna be a game. Of mafia. That we are gonna play.
Are the Traitor of your team? Too bad nobody crumbed scum in their first post though. :mrgreen:
Yeah I rolled traitor again and that makes me sad :(

Playing as a traitor is hard
In post 123, Something_Smart wrote:Hi Drixx! \o/
In post 126, AaronFrost wrote:We should at the very least wait for everyone to check in first before we decide on a lynch. I don't want this to turn into a 500 page D1, but I also don't want like 20 lurker slots going into D2.
In post 140, Elsa Jay wrote:If they're like Joan, fair play for shooting. But I'm more lenient for that in a game of this size.

But shooting someone who doesn't talk means they're a lurker, scum, or a PR. If you shoot there your risking a bit. So be careful to the vigi(s).
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:51 am

7-8

Townie
Spoiler:
In post 185, DrDolittle wrote:does day play matter when there are 16 killing roles?
In post 186, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: tse
In post 155, insomnia wrote:
In post 153, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:VOTE: DrDoLittle because he's first
7 pages of content and this is your opening?

VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
In post 169, insomnia wrote:me and a50 are masons

Scummy
Spoiler:
In post 154, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 147, Pink Ball wrote:Wait so you DO want to be wagoned?
Not that I “Do” want to be wagoned.
I just think people should be wagoned for something they did. How they did it. Why they did it.

Not wagoned with over 7 votes without even posting.
You all should know I’m not toxic anymore.
Heck even Chemist should know that.

But I don’t blame Chemist because he votes me every chance he gets. Regardless of alignment.
In post 162, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I’m willing to bet there’s probably more then 1 scum in here.
I think I’m cool with voting within my voters today.
(Not Chemist though because it’s Chemist and I explained this before)
In post 166, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:
In post 155, insomnia wrote:
In post 153, NotAJumbleOfNumbers wrote:VOTE: DrDoLittle because he's first
7 pages of content and this is your opening?

VOTE: NotAJumbleOfNumbers
UNVOTE:
I didn't bother looking at the 7 pages because i thought it would be pure RVS and nothing else, okay?
quote="In post 179, Hectic"]My general play-style Day 1 is to lurk in the background. Take a breath. Breathe out. 

I'll be observing Day 1, and going hardcore Day 2 and on. That's how I roll. I'll still pick at things during Day 1 if they catch my attention. I'm probably going to make a copy/paste post about this for all games I play, because it gets annoying when some ree in light of this information.

I'll be observing in the background. Please don't assume that I'm not present when you're posting.[/quote]
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:00 am

9-14 read quality is degrading

townie
Spoiler:
In post 299, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Image

I already regret signing for this game.
In post 201, Pink Ball wrote:Lol TSE actually rolled scum, that's funny

scummy
Spoiler:
In post 251, The Fonz wrote:
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
Also, do you all honestly think I’m still toxic?
Hey, TSE. Here you imply role information, then do fuck all with it. If you know for a fact, either you have specific info on a single player, or you have some broader "there are x scum in players abc" type knowledge, or you're scum and hinting that you're being bussed like Nero suggests. If you don't, you're completely full of shit.

If you have role info that means town can make a better lynch, then hinting at it rather than outing it means you're already playing badly in an anti town way.

If you're hinting bus, you're scum.

If you're just making it up to try to redirect attention away from you to your Wagoners, then you're being kinda toxic already.

So ten pages in, I'm already left thinking you're either scum, playing really badly, or toxic.

Your Nero vote is pretty bad -even if he's slightly misreading one post, he's showing scumhunting motive. It reads omgus at best, which is not inherently scummy but is a thing I've seen you do that contributes to your perceived toxicity.

So let's turn the volume down. If your "I know there's scum" thing is just your usual overconfidence, then admit that now, and I at least will let it slide. Then tell me something you've noticed about a player NOT on your wagon, and not relating to something they've said about you. Can be anything game relevant. I feel like if you direct your energy at scumhunting on your own wagon, it will continue to come across as defensive and omgussy and look toxic or scummy, making the wagon a self fulfilling prophecy. If you want to help town, look elsewhere, except if you genuinely DO have helpful role info.
In post 283, The Fonz wrote:
In post 272, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 200, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 149, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Well I know for a straight out fact 1 of the people on my starting wagon is scum.
there is no "I think" here.

u said u knew. How would u know?

and to be honest, a game with 13 scum and u pick the lowest possible # seems a bit...eh
Because I don’t believe my wagon to be pure town.
Please acknowledge me. I made a long post addressed to you, quite rude to ignore it.

I don't believe your wagon is pure town but I don't think it's actually more scum than random atm. I believe you personally are more likely to be wrong in identifying the scum on your wagon than basically anyone else because you can't separate seeing things as scummy from your own feeling of persecution. Please look offwagon
In post 303, profii wrote:how do you know the other scum faction are werewolves ?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:57 pm

Spoiler: Towny posts by Kirari
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm

Sorry did you think you should be townread for claiming SK and enthusiastically greeting people?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

why can't we just all get along?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh finally a list of players that are in here. Waiting on Gold and Ethos.

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:09 pm

In post 16, Kirari Momobami wrote:Sorry did you think you should be townread for claiming SK and enthusiastically greeting people?
No, I should be nullread because it's clearly a personality thing.
Kirari Momobami
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Kirari Momobami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:10 pm

In post 19, Something_Smart wrote:No, I should be nullread because it's clearly a personality thing.
Do you think that throwing out lowkey pockety nothing posts in a 50 player game is merely "null"?

Sorry but no :P

I'm happy to re-evaluate later and it's not like I'm hard pushing to lynch you at the moment so I think your passive-aggressive shut-down of my read is nagl
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:59 pm

You talking about my post to Drixx?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:06 pm

Also, I gotta ask what you mean by "lowkey pockety." If friendliness is pocketing now, one of us must be confused.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Dolly Parton »

I thought this was the quiet place
"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world."
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

SS, your not calling TSE scum and then fence-sitting on him in 911 and then trying to paint me as a TSE possible TSE buddy seems all kinds of weird. Should I start scum reading you now?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”