popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Mini Theme 2116 - Undertale S Open

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

Uncommon RulesExperienced players are often tempted to skim the rules, so here are the rules most unique to popsofctown modding to be aware of.
  1. You must play to win the game. This is a common rule, but enforcement is uncommon.
  2. "Pretending to break a rule is the same as breaking a rule" is included in Common Rules below, but it is particularly important with this rule. It's allowed to claim you are not fighting to win quite as hard as you did last game, but you cannot claim not to be playing to your win at all, even as a tactic that you believe gets you closer to your win condition.
  3. The above two rules do not constitute a blanket ban on selfvoting or bussing, which often either furthers the wincondition, or in other cases is just a manner of conceding an unwinnable game to the other team.
  4. If you feel totally unable to play to your win condition due to personal conflicts with other players, please request replacement upon realizing this.
  5. This game is using a special rule that relates to hammer testing and quickhammer coordinations. When you make a vote, (this includes special votes), you can post,
    in bold
    I and all members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: popsofctown and win the game
    . Do not name any other members of your faction. If you've made a mistake and voting together with any/all partners would not win you the game, it will be treated simply as a vote. If you haven't made a mistake, then you will perform votes on behalf of your teammates and win the game.
  6. The above rule does not work if you do not have the mechanical information required to know that it would win the game. For example, if you are Masons with a player and one scum remains among five players, you cannot cause your teammate to vote popsofctown with you. It would only work if you previously investigated popsofctown as guilty in an open setup. (In practice this rule will usually benefit anti-town groups the most, but it is defined in a neutral way).
  7. If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.

Common RulesTemplated from singletonking, hoping for forgiveness over permission.
  1. All site-wide rules apply. In particular:
    No discussion of ongoing games is allowed

2. All standard rules of Mafia apply. This means:
    1. Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
    2. Do not quote private topics. Paraphrase. You may quote a private topic if it is fully redundant (everyone alive reading the post is also permitted to view the post in the private topic it came from.)
    3. Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
    4. Do not use encrypted text, small text, bright-coloured text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
    5. Do not use cryptography or other complex information hiding. If you hide information in a post, it must be based purely on the English letters in that post, without shifting them to different letters based on any kind of rule, and their significance must be left-to-right.
    6. Do not discuss this game outside this thread or PTs related to this game you have access to.
    7. Do not use provable randomness. This means no dice tags.
  3. Do not fake mod posts/edits.
  4. Pretending to break a rule is breaking a rule
  5. Once your death scene is posted, you may not post. No bah posts.
  6. Be civil to other players. Criticize play, not players. As a rule of thumb, profane nouns or profane adjectives that describe a player will start strikes against you; describing actions of a player will not.
  7. No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
  8. Breaching of rules will usually result in a warning initially, but depending on severity, may result in a force-replacement or modkill.
  9. During the course of the game I may add extra rules if necessary. These rule changes will be announced publicly.

Deadlines, Activity, and replacements
  1. Day start. Days will last N+2 days, where N is the number of players alive
    and unspared
    , but no greater than eleven days.
  2. When not otherwise stated, assume other lynchesque decisions will also follow this formula.
  3. Nights will last 48 hours.
  4. Prods will be issued if you do not post for 48 hours.
  5. If you get three or more prods, or fail to respond to a prod by posting in thread within 24 hours (or by PM if at Night), I will begin seeking for a replacement (this means the third prod functions like a notice that you are racing the search for your replacement.)
  6. If you expect to be unable to post for a while, please declare V/LA in thread. Should your V/LA be unreasonably long (>5 days), however, I strongly suggest you request replacement.
  7. You will still be prodded while on V/LA, but these will not count towards the above three prod limit. An official prod will be sent 24 hours after your V/LA ends if you haven't posted then.
  8. If a replacement happens at Night, deadline will be paused until a replacement is found.
  9. If you would like to replace out, please PM me. Do not publicly replace out, discuss about wanting to replace out, threaten to replace out, or persuade/dissuade others from replacing out for any reason other than activity. If you think the mods have not noticed an activity issue, you can PM me to take note of it, but I will not credit your -arguments- about whether the activity level is replaceworthy or not. You would just be drawing my attention to it.
  10. Once your replacement request is publicized, it is final. You must cease to post. Inquiries about possibly retaining the slot must be conducted by mod PM.
  11. Special Activity rules for Undertale S Open: If you have been spared, you do not need to post as frequently, especially in the thread, where you are not allowed to post. However, you must post every 96 hours or you will be prodded, and have 72 hours to pick up your prod. At moderator discrection, Spared PT prods will usually not count for the three strikes rule.
    If you are the set aside player, you do not need to post at all, but I am going to message you occasionally to ascertain whether you have siteflaked.

Voting Rules
  1. To vote, use heal tags or hurt tags. HEAL: popsofctown, HURT: popsofctown.
  2. Abbreviations or misspellings in votes will be accepted as long as it is clear who you are voting for.
  3. Nicknames in votes will be accepted only if they fall into the above categories. Otherwise, nicknames based on other sources such as (but not limited to) avatars, titles and other accounts will not be accepted.
  4. You can remove your selection by healing or hurting the mod. (I will be skimming the thread for reds and yellows.)
  5. A strict majority (more than half) of players is required to achieve a kill or sparing.
  6. Once majority is achieved, it is final, and the Day will end immediately with further votes and unvotes being invalid.
  7. I will do my best to ensure that each vote count is accurate. Check the vote counts. If I make a grave error I may reset all votes at my discretion.
  8. If there is no killing or sparing decision by the deadline, the mafia will be privately contacted to make a killing or sparing decision on behalf of the town.
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

Undertale S Open
2 Mafia Goons

8 Vanilla Townies

Each day, town must vote to
Fight
one player (HURT: ) or
Spare
one player (HEAL: ). Selfvoting is allowed. Placing one vote on each option is allowed. The mafia have a standard factional nightkill.

If a player is selected for
Fight
, they are lynched.

If a player is
Spared
, their role is not revealed, and they are temporarily removed from the game thread and put into the Spared PT. They will rejoin the game thread later. Spared players cannot be targeted by the factional nightkill. Town aligned players lose any power roles they had when they are spared, but mafia aligned players maintain scum PT access and can still perform nightkills.

At all times: If both mafia members are
Spared
, mafia wins, and the standard win condition for mafia also applies (town wins when all mafia are eliminated, mafia wins when all town are eliminated).

After day 4,
New Home
is reached. The spare option is permanently lost. Night 4 will be skipped.
Town is awarded a bonus based on the number of players that were spared. All spared players are returned to the game thread after the bonus is resolved.
  • 1 player spared: The spared player is granted lynchproof. The mafia must immediately kill two unspared players.
  • 2 players spared: Once both Spare and Fight have each been used, the most recent factional nightkill victim is set aside in case this bonus is earned. That player has read-only access to the spared PT. If this bonus is earned, the mafia protect one player if mafia was spared, then the set-aside player performs a kill that may target even spared players.
  • 3 players spared: The mafia immediately removes two players from the game without flipping them and must choose a mafiosi if no mafia was spared.
  • 4 players spared: If all spared players are townies, town wins immediately. Otherwise, the town spares an additional player then all unspared players are removed from the game without flipping. All players become Beloved Princesses.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spoiler: Sample Role PM
You are
Toriel
, aligned with the
town
. You have no special abilities besides your voice and your vote. Your goal is to supervise the young monsters outside the home and ensure they don't hurt eachother. If you can calm them down long enough, you might educate them some too.
To confirm for the game, tell me your alignment and tell me that the mafia have daytalk, by PM.
Here is your image. It can be posted in the game thread if it's by itself:
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Official playerlist:
Hectic
JTheophrastus Bartholomew
Asriel Dreemurr
Amrun
Chara
Nachomamma8
Billy Pilgrim
Chemist1422
SherlockHolmes
alimdia
Pine
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Spare Votecount 0.0
Hectic ----------------------------------

JTheophrastus Bartholomew --------

Asriel Dreemurr -----------------------

Amrun ----------------------------------

Chara -----------------------------------

Nachomamma8 ------------------------

Billy Pilgrim ----------------------------

Chemist1422 ---------------------------

SherlockHolmes -----------------------

alimdia ----------------------------------

Pine -------------------------------------

Not sparing:
- (11) Hectic, JTheophrastus Bartholomew, Asriel Dreemurr, Amrun, Chara, Nachomamma8, Billy Pilgrim, Chemist1422, SherlockHolmes, alimdia, Pine

Fight Votecount 0.0
Hectic ----------------------------------

JTheophrastus Bartholomew --------

Asriel Dreemurr -----------------------

Amrun ----------------------------------

Chara -----------------------------------

Nachomamma8 ------------------------

Billy Pilgrim ----------------------------

Chemist1422 ---------------------------

SherlockHolmes -----------------------

alimdia ----------------------------------

Pine -------------------------------------

Not Fighting:
- (11) Hectic, JTheophrastus Bartholomew, Asriel Dreemurr, Amrun, Chara, Nachomamma8, Billy Pilgrim, Chemist1422, SherlockHolmes, alimdia, Pine
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Role PMs are out. The game will begin when eight players have confirmed. Current confirmations: plenty
Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:18 am

Post by popsofctown »

Replacement history:
Hectic
JTheophrastus Bartholomew
Replica
Asriel Dreemurr
Farkran
Amrun
Chara
Nachomamma8
Alisae
Nachomamma8
Billy Pilgrim
Sujimichi
Chemist1422
SherlockHolmes
alimdia
Bingle
Pine
Psyche
Last edited by popsofctown on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 am

Post by Hectic »

I am a skeleton with below average standards, and I am sure you will all meet those standards! So I'd like at the very least to spare 2 players by the end of day 4, and preferably spare 4.
Finding friends is so much easier than finding enemies!
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:54 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Watson, let me tell you: this adventure started like no other. Among my esteemed company, there was a lunatic who believed himself a skeletal artist! I must admit, I the party of which I was a member, this fellow’s strangeness misfooted me mos the thoroughly. I was keen to meet my other companions on the journey which would only become more perilous by the day.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:59 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

HEAL: SherlockHolmes
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Hectic »

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 am

Post by Pine »

Hi. I’ll think about posting my picture later. Not sure whether it’s a good idea
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:39 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

I suggested to the insane chap that a good way to make friends would be to vote for me, the London’s finest private detective, to be saved.
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:40 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

Further, Watson, and you may find this hard to believe: there was a talking tree on the expedition. Or perhaps it was the opium addling my mind, but I could swear to you, he was there...
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Hectic »

Silly Human! Flavour is completely NAI!

Other Silly Human! Friendship is a given, but being HEALED is as privileged as joining the Royal Guard!

All members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: VOTE: The Scum and win the game.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:43 am

Post by Hectic »

Actuallly, I'd like to take that vote back, moderator. It's only fair if The Scum get some time to play too!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:25 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I am in favor of posting flavor if for no other reason than to get clued into the story the mod has written!

(also I’m a bit overwhelmed so don’t expect me to take this game too seriously)
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
SherlockHolmes
SherlockHolmes
Goon
SherlockHolmes
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:35 am

Post by SherlockHolmes »

I had hoped that I might be able to discuss at length the latest chemical discoveries, being something of an amateur myself, with the more serious scientist in our little party. Instead, I found myself disconcerted by his need to excuse himself from the beginning of the adventure.

HURT: Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:58 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Oh I’m sorry would you like me to link the 9 other games I’m playing right now?
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:21 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 15, Hectic wrote:
All members of my faction that are known to me and I to them, VOTE: VOTE: The Scum and win the game.
This will not affect the game state for more than one reason, but I will highlight the reason most likely to serve as a beneficial PSA: Only heal and hurt tags have any meaning in this game (uncommon rule 5 mentions special votes to make it clear you can modify the statement to incorporate setup-specific game-winning special votes).
Previous setups permitted the vote tag to be used in the last phase of the game, but that has been removed. Hurt and heal tags all game.
In post 19, Chemist1422 wrote:Oh I’m sorry would you like me to link the 9 other games I’m playing right now?
You cannot actually link your ongoing games. (It is explicitly allowable to state that you are alive in nine other games or even update other players if that changes to ten or eight, though).
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 19, Chemist1422 wrote:Oh I’m sorry would you like me to link the 9 other games I’m playing right now?
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

I know, that was sarcasm

thanks mod
GTKAS

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

Morning lessons for everyone is over, and now all the younglings get to enjoy free time. The most popular place to play is the front yard of Toriel and Asgore's home.

The younglings who arrive earliest splash around in the crisp brown leaves as they wait for more to arrive. What game will they play today? It always seems so exciting.

Several of the younglings are from different parts of the Underground, and one isn't from the Underground at all. They've really enjoyed teaching each other new things. By now, they've started to invent new games, and the younglings pride themselves on devising the best diversion.

Toriel and Asgore give the front yard a brief once-over, checking for anything dangerous. They decide that things look safe enough, and go inside the house to work on baking Butterscotch Pies
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Jan 16, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Hectic »

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”