Hectic-------------
Chara-------------
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8--
Chara
Not Fighting:
Hectic

(expired on 2020-03-13 23:58:00)

Modnote: recolored votes; concerned about the format change falsely signaling a change in vote policy
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2476 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

HEAL: Chara
[qute="In [ur=viewtopic.php?p=11660806#p11660806]post 2473[/url], Chara"][qute="In [ur=viewtopic.php?p=11660803#p11660803]post 2472[/url], Nachomamma8"]You've been unable to point to anything that I've done to carrying a scum agenda because the scum agenda doesn't exist. Saying that you can't fool someone for an entire game is just wrong??? Everyone has good scum games. Everyone has bad scum games. Everyone has good town games. Everyone has bad town games.[/quote]
except for you, Nacho the scum god, who can't be scum because he's been playing for ten years and would be better than this?[/quote]
Yes better than seeking out a scum loss.
Better as in attempting to explain key progressions instead of shrugging my shoulders and saying heart of the cards shit.

If I were scum I would play more focused around my image because if people don't understand you they don't trust you.
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2477 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by Chara »

in an ideal world i'm sure you would. but you're also good enough to talk your way out of it even without that. i really didn't think the problem would be anything but making sure i didn't accidentally vote the town out of the two of you, because i was confident in my ability to avoid being mislynched if Hectic took the time to go through the game, which he did.
so at this point i just have to rely on that.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2478 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by Hectic »

Sigh, I wish I'd have been more active earlier this day phase, since I'm less sure now than I was near the start. But alas, the deadline is upon us. I apologise if I'm incorrect, Nacho. You're both amazing <3
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2479 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Hectic »

Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2480 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I'm good enough to where I don't paint myself in a corner where the solution that the scum team tries is "throw yourself on a sword as hard as possible" before other more conventionally accepted solutions such as "post" or "scumhunt".
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #2481 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Ah God damn it

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2482 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

*click*
*ding ling ling*
A happenstance pause in conversation seemed to align with the clock striking seven hours past noon. The clock made that sound every hour. Yet something seemed to make everything in the air tilt this time.

"You all forgot."
Chara's eyes looked at Asgore, Toriel, Snowdrake, and Annoying Dog with an eerie emotion. Their irises had the discontent of a soul in hell, yet the serenity of someone who was asleep.

"You said that I would be a welcome part of this home and this kingdom a long time. That I would truly belong. And that exactly one year from the day I fell, you would throw me the most delightful anniversary party, one worth forgetting about parties in the village. You promised. I remember, it was at seven."

Chara took the last bit of pie crust off their plate with their thumb and forefinger and popped it into their mouth. Then with perfect calmness, they observed their plate was clear, and dropped it onto the ground, letting it shatter. Chara was not scolded. All the monsters instead had a look of shock and regret.
"It's.. there's so many things," Asgore stuttered.
"I became so distracted by the events of the day." Toriel explained, trailing off.
"I forgot the very next day after I learned what the anniversary was specifically because it was an adult that told me, but I guess that ain't fair to you." Snowdrake admitted.
Annoying Dog lied on the table and whimpered, not particularly happy.
Would things have turned out this way, if thoughtful monsters like the Loox and Manticore had stuck around and had a chance to remember? Or the monsters hadn't injured Spelling Lizard and sent Annoying Dog to console him, distracting both parents from the day's date?
Asriel returned from his room, with no reptile in tow. "Seven passed, didn't it?" he remarked knowingly. "Chara was afraid you might forget their anniversary. I gave them a present from me this morning. I remembered."
Chara turned their head to look at Asriel for a moment, their lips smoothly transitioning into a smile when they looked at their brother, then sliding back to a more disdainful look when they returned to regarding the others.
Snowdrake looked embarrassed about hearing Chara had received a gift, and felt as though he should at least be sure to give Chara a belated gift. Snowdrake rummaged in his own plumage and produced a small picture frame that he planned to plant on a Gyftrot, but could repurpose for the occasion. He also had a red marker, that he had planned to use for graffiti on that same Gyftrot
"H-happy belated anniversary. You could use this for photos, and draw and customize it and stuff."
Chara's expression did not directly demonstrate forgiveness, but their hands picked up the picture frame. After briefly admiring it, they stowed it in their pocket along with the market. It seemed like acceptance.
Annoying Dog observed this gifting process, and walked across the table to make his own offering. He coughed a couple times, then spat up a shiny red bauble, one he kept in cases of opportunities to play catch.
Chara declined to touch the salivia-drenched orb while it was still damp, but they gave the dog a brief pat on the forehead.
"I will hide this for you, someplace very tricky. You can retrieve it again, and it will be the greatest game of fetch."
Chara then looked at Asgore and Toriel. It was as though the ability of Snowdrake and Annoying Dog to provide at least a belated gift pushed their disappointment in their guardians to the next level. The spouses felt so empty, guilty, and ashamed. Chara had done little to ensure they remembered, but had done everything to ensure their own parents felt like dog residue if they forgot, all year.
"The pie was dinner just because it's dinner time. But for your anniversary you will get a special dessert." Toriel blurted.
"And tea, but with special sea flavoring." Asgore added.
The pair hustled back into the kitchen, where there was a cacophony of rushed noises of preparation.
They re-emerged with their offerings.
Asgore was holding a cup of tea, which was only as hot as the tea that was already being prepared anyway, but was special in its blue-green swirls from a novel flavoring. He set it in front of Chara, having plenty of room for the cup since Chara had obliterated their dining space earlier. "The finest for my child."
Toriel had also had no time to prepare. She had a treat that she had used to cheer Asriel's spirits many a time, but had always served thoroughly cooked. She had no idea that the cooking was what made it safe, only that Asriel preferred them that way. In fact, Asriel's birthday was in just four days, and if that hadn't slipped her mind, she would have already cooked the treat in advance.
"And here are seven buttercups, to go with your tea. You'll love them, my child, they're delicious."
Chara looked at their offerings, seeming to reserve judgment for a moment. Then, first, they took a curt sip of their tea, followed by a deeper sip that showed they liked it. Their lips did not curl with pleasure, but their eyes slightly gleamed.
Then they looked at the lovely buttercups. They were hesitant about the idea of eating flowers, as it was something they hadn't tried before.
Asriel grasped their hand encouragingly. "I can vouch that they taste delightful. You deserve something special, sibling."
Chara smiled at their brother, and ate the first buttercup in one confident bite, which was followed by a surprised, satisfied smile. The buttercup was delicious - but a twisted part of Chara also delighted in destroying something so beautiful so completely.
They snapped the stems of the other six flowers like necks, and ate all of the rest of them too, one by one.
When they had finished, something felt right about it. It was as though although their world seemed to urgently need remaking when the clock first struck seven, but now the way things had gone, perhaps this was a world that had already been remade. Just for Chara.
They stood from their chair to embrace their brother in a warm, endearing hug.

"As long as there is one person I can deeply count on, I think I have place here. Promise me, Asriel?"
Chara's pleading words were all spoken quietly into Asriel's ear while they still embraced, so quiet no one else could hear.

"No matter what. I promise."
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2483 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Congratulation to the winners of Undertale S Open,
Farkran and Chara!
Lovepats to the losers of Undertale S Open,
Sujimichi, Hectic, Nachomamma8, Amrun, SherlockHolmes, Psyche, Bingle, Chemist1422, and Replica!
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2484 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The special effect was generated using transparent font color. When the thread unlocks, the content originally posted will still be viewable using the quote function to examine BBcode.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2485 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:53 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Dead PT
Is here. There is 48 hours to request redactions or object to the release of the
Spared
and
Scum PTs
The royal scum pt: Here
Spared PT
Last edited by popsofctown on Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2486 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Mod PT
is here. Highlights include an Asriel Dreemurr's dice role being max, ideas for setup revisions, Farkran and Chara's -real- role PMs, and a very different game end post if town had won.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2487 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In a final post made with the thread locked, I want to discuss SherlockHolmes' conduct in this game.
This was part of my ruleset for this game:
In post 0, popsofctown wrote: [*]No set of rules can be complete. If you think something is wrong, please don't do it. Breaking the spirit of rules is also disallowed. Do not encourage others to break the rules either. If in doubt, please PM me.
I am not sure whether it is necessary to fall to that level of catch-all to provide basis for condemning SherlockHolmes' conduct, but at that level, it is certainly beyond sufficient.
SherlockHolmes' post about Sujimichi's scum PT post was clearly SherlockHolmes perceiving that Sujimichi had violated the rules of Undertale S Open and the web site by discussing the ongoing game Undertale S Open, listing it by omission as one of the game in which he had rolled town. That makes him a mandatory reporter to report rulebreaking conduct to the moderator as soon as he has noticed it, which he did not do. This is intuitive in life in general, if your cousin has 50$, passes Go and collects 400$ instead of 200$, but lands on your hotel on Baltic, and you notice, it is intuitive to everyone that it is wrong to collect 450$ from your cousin because this has benefited you.
Mandatory reporting is pervasive in site culture, which SherlockHolmes on his main account is probably a part of. The rules for Team Mafia had an extra rule emphasizing that out of line out-of-thread communication be reported to the moderators. My most recent game to moderating this game had an incident with a player PMing me out of thread, and I forwarded it to the backup moderator and moderator, who both treated this as correct and expected action.
Even when cheating is innocuous, mafia has a very nasty side effect with it that "observant of the rules" does not relate to either the town or scum wincon, so public violations or soft violations of the rules in pursuing the town wincon can powerfully confirm a player as town.
I discussed SH's actions with the listmod and it confirmed my suspicions that I had to give mercy to SherlockHolmes mostly because it was best for the health of the remainder of the game. Publically punishing him generates even more information about his alignment, potentially. Team mafia just ended its last game, in which I correctly judged kuribo was scum based on the way in which moderator discretion was used.

SH was however, secretly punished. I launched this game without recognizing the White Flag dynamic Bingle pointed out day 3. As a punishment against SH's faction, I pointed this out to the scumteam in the scum PT during N1, even though I would never do this in a normal game, and even though it could be impactful : the scumteam of 1.1 made a mechanical error in playing.

SH does not seem particularly malicious in his conduct, but it's outside the lines of what I find acceptable. He is WOTM'ed from future games of this series, unless he apologies and promises that the "feeling of angleshooting" coincides with contacting the moderator in the future (I would have contacted him, if I didn't figure it was probably a metaphor for a very cute diction tell or something).

Sujimichi never violated any rules, because he did/would have simply make posts using the "ongoing games don't exist" style. This concept seemed more foreign to players in the thread the less they knew Sujimichi's personality, and the less they themselves multitable. I posted posts in that style about three times in scum PTs last year.
Last edited by popsofctown on Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2488 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:22 pm

Post by alimdia »

Sorry for replacing out, it was my first replace out ever ;(

Was underwhelmed that week
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2489 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by Chara »

"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2490 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Tammy »

Congratulations scum!

This was a fun game to watch!

Thanks pops for running it and letting me spectate.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2491 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Farkran »

I made all the postgame comments in the dead and scum pt, but once again congratulations to everyone, this town has been a thorn in our side every single day. I was afraid we would lose more than once. Much more than once.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #2492 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Alisae »

Nacho nooooooooooooooooooo
GTKAS
| here.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2493 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by popsofctown »

The replacement soup this game started on was very frustrating and surprising. This series has never had a replacement before, this game had 5 depending on how you count. I uh, maybe blame Team Mafia. Team Mafia is an even that means things to some people, it has a right to compete for resources, but that might be part of it.

After that stopped, though, this game had the highest postcount of any game in the series and had a lot of fascinating engagement, with both factions playing very well. All the players who were new to me were very exciting to read and learn more about, and are new favorites.

The setup is still townsided. I knew when I launched the setup it was still townsided, but both previous games had been enjoyed anyway, and I didn't want to hold up rerunning it again forever when runs of the setup could give me inspiration for how to fix it. Nacho was able to correctly identify scum!Chara for its being forced to dodge a white flag mechanic in a 9:2 with a conftown, and that's a bit much. Chara won anyway because its fake towntown is uber tier.

I have lots of ideas for revisions of the setup, some of them include making it a smalltown or going to 10:3. I would be interested in hearing preferences about how its designed. The thinking behind smalltown is that it allows PRs to exist, which some players find fun, but it removes the overly straightforward strategy of "conftown player claims->so, spare them, that makes sense". The idea behind 10:3 (or 9:3) is that there is a greater percentage of scum in the game, so the game will be more fun in game states where scum is spared early and there is potentially a very low number of scum in the game thread, which could be awkward.
Thank you for everyone who played, and thank you especially to replacements
"Well, I..."
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2494 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Hectic »

Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2495 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 2491, Farkran wrote:I made all the postgame comments in the dead and scum pt, but once again congratulations to everyone, this town has been a thorn in our side every single day. I was afraid we would lose more than once. Much more than once.
i was afraid we would lose every time i opened my mouth. at some point i started avoiding the site for long stretches of time to get some rest from all of the anxiety. not my proudest moment. pretty much every burst of posting by me, you can imagine took about an hour of prep time to work up the nerve to start.

i really thought we were done at the end. Nacho's brilliantly charismatic and i can see why he has the reputation he does.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2496 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:42 pm

Post by Hectic »

through the alternate ending in the mod PT.
if only we got that one.
sorry, Nacho, pal.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2497 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Chara »

you played well yourself, Hectic. i really enjoyed playing off you before you were spared.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #2498 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:43 pm

Post by Amrun »

Chara, no!!!! Why!!!!!

JK, you played brilliantly.
I survived