populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by populartajo »

Wow destructor you just proved your opportunism with that post. Whats next? "Oh yeah, tajo is scummy as hell. I dont think he's town anymore"
What happened? Were youe xpecting Korts to attack you thast why you attacked him first? And now that he supports my lynch you're going to reread?
Vote:destructor

Die please.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by destructor »

If anyone's being opportunistic, it's you. How can you even begin to suggest I'm exploiting this situation considering the fact that there are already three players who are willing to vote for me? You started this day encouraging Korts to finish his read and get me lynched. Why did you wait this long to vote for me if you were so sure then?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by populartajo »

destructor wrote:If anyone's being opportunistic, it's you. How can you even begin to suggest I'm exploiting this situation considering the fact that there are already three players who are willing to vote for me? You started this day encouraging Korts to finish his read and get me lynched. Why did you wait this long to vote for me if you were so sure then?
Not true. Didnt you just say that Korts wasn't pushing your lynch?
And I did say at the beginning of the day that I was aiming at your lynch. I didn vote early becuase
a)there could be the tiny possibiliy of Korts being scum.
b)I wanted to see how you would behave.
That last post was just impossible to ignore. Didnt you believe my claim? Why? Explain. Why not pushing Korts as you did at the beginning? Because he seems protown? Because he supports my lynch? Maybe?
And what do you need to reread about me? Ill let you bring a case. Good luck with that.
Call me Tajo.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by destructor »

Korts hasn't been pushing my lynch but he named me his next suspect after you. Even if he hadn't mentioned me at all, are you really going to suggest that my lynch wasn't the most likely when the day started?

Look at my play today, if I'd have flipped immediately after Korts said he suspected you I'd understand you calling me opportunistic. But I went out of my way, before you even replied, to say that I thought you weren't likely to be scum. Why would I do that if I was planning to flip later? And I
haven't
even flipped, which what makes your reaction ridiculous. All I've said is that I'm reconsidering my read of you, which is a shitload different from saying I think you're scum. You're reaction feel like a whole load of overstated OMGUS given that you're calling me reconsidering things opportunistic, which is FAR from the case. What I posted was completely reasonable.

I voted Korts because I thought BM was scum. Korts can't answer for BM's actions, and that's all I had on him. If BM was around I would have been pushing him to answer for himself. The best we can get from Korts now is an impression of genuine scum-hunting. Seriously, what else is there to do with him?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by destructor »

And I
have
been posting my case on BM but
no one
has responded to it. I've asked you and k7 to look at BM's play in the last two days and neither have apparently done so. I don't see why I should have to do more than that.
You
are all supposed to be scum-hunting too.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by populartajo »

Minimizing my case against you to an OMGUS is just ridiculous. Ive thought you're scum since yesterday and Ive explained why.
Kay destructor then who's scum?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by populartajo »

destructor wrote:And I
have
no one
has responded to it. I've asked you and k7 to look at BM's play in the last two days and neither have apparently done so. I don't see why I should have to do more than that.
You
What do you think Im doing? :roll:
Call me Tajo.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by destructor »

populartajo wrote:Minimizing my case against you to an OMGUS is just ridiculous.
I didn't. I was arguing that your reaction was. Your reasoning was "opportunism". My response is that there's nothing opportunistic about reconsidering your read. Sound fair? Regarding the rest of your case, see below.
pop wrote:Ive thought you're scum since yesterday and Ive explained why.
And I replied to these every time. Since you rarely responded, I (and the other players) don't know what you thought about my replies.
pop wrote:Kay destructor then who's scum?
Obviously I think it's one of Korts or you.

Have you read my arguments against BM/Korts? Why haven't you ever commented? What do you think? Why was BM asking me to explain why I thought camn was town? Why would he suggest my refusal to explain it was scummy? Why didn't he push ckd's lynch?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by populartajo »

I'll let Korts answer that.
But why am I scum?
Call me Tajo.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by destructor »

I don't know that you are. Korts' play today feels town.
That's the whole reason I'm reconsidering.
Does that not make sense? If I had a reason to say you were scum that didn't have anything to do with Korts' play, I would have stated it already. This is why I want to reread.

Korts can't tell us why
you
never commented on my case on BM. So, why didn't you?
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by populartajo »

There's nothing for me to comment. Its just a business between you and Korts. Ill possibly comment when Korts finally gives an opinion of your attacks.
Also, good luck with that reread.
Call me Tajo.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by killa seven »

destructor wrote:And I
have
no one
You
My feelings on BM11..
Remember when i asked him if he replaced back in here just to lynch CKD?
well i think thats why he replaced back in, those too allways go at eachother, i dont think BM would have asked to be replaced if he was scum so close to victory.. yea yea WIFOM.

anyways, pop If you really are a hider, which seems like this game has 2 sets of every town power role used, what do you think if we lynch Destructer if he turns up town then we both hide with korts, then lynch him tommorow?

I dunno if we both hide with eachother that it would work, the mods response leaves me uneasy, but i dont think scum can target themselves and not die.

Or we can lynch korts and hide with destructer.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by Korts »

I found a quarter hour slot in my schedule for mafia, so quick replies to new comments.
destructor wrote: Look at my play today, if I'd have flipped immediately after Korts said he suspected you I'd understand you calling me opportunistic. But I went out of my way, before you even replied, to say that I thought you weren't likely to be scum. Why would I do that if I was planning to flip later? And I
haven't
even flipped, which what makes your reaction ridiculous. All I've said is that I'm reconsidering my read of you, which is a shitload different from saying I think you're scum. You're reaction feel like a whole load of overstated OMGUS given that you're calling me reconsidering things opportunistic, which is FAR from the case. What I posted was completely reasonable.
I agree with you that you only expressed healthy suspicion, but you stating that your behaviour points against you being scum is WIFOM; being opportunistic and jumping on pop when I expressed suspicion of him wouldn've been a sure-fire way of you winning as scum at all, because you'd still have k7 to convince that you're not being opportunistic and pop is worth lynching.
destructor wrote:Why was BM asking me to explain why I thought camn was town? Why would he suggest my refusal to explain it was scummy? Why didn't he push ckd's lynch?
populartajo wrote:I'll let Korts answer that.
Haha, thanks. I don't know why BM did some things, either. My best guess would be that, considering his posting frequency at that time, he only had the spare time to skim, and couldn't provide a deeper contribution.

k7's plan sounds pretty good, though. I'm trying to find plotholes in it, but the only one that springs to mind is if the scum have a second RB, which I think would be overpowered for them. A scum doctor wouldn't be unreasonable, but two blocks is just too much.
scumchat never die
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 pm

Post by destructor »

Korts wrote:k7's plan sounds pretty good, though. I'm trying to find plotholes in it, but the only one that springs to mind is if the scum have a second RB, which I think would be overpowered for them. A scum doctor wouldn't be unreasonable, but two blocks is just too much.
Considering the town had TWO Trackers and TWO Doctors, I don't think two Roleblockers are out of the question at all.

k7's plan is only good if pop is town. Why are you suddenly convinced?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Korts »

D'oh, forgot. It just came naturally to assume, I mean, k7 assumed the same thing.
scumchat never die
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:13 am

Post by killa seven »

destructor wrote:
Korts wrote:k7's plan sounds pretty good, though. I'm trying to find plotholes in it, but the only one that springs to mind is if the scum have a second RB, which I think would be overpowered for them. A scum doctor wouldn't be unreasonable, but two blocks is just too much.
Considering the town had TWO Trackers and TWO Doctors, I don't think two Roleblockers are out of the question at all.

k7's plan is only good if pop is town. Why are you suddenly convinced?
Ive only been a mafia roleblocker once, and i wasnt alowwed to roleblock and kill on the same night. has anyone played in a game where the mafia rolebloacker could block and kill at the same time?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:36 am

Post by populartajo »

I dont know if newbie games count but I was a roleblocker once there and I could block and kill the same night.
Adel should answers this question because the Mod in that game was very explicit about it.
Call me Tajo.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by destructor »

Adel wrote:
Mafia Roleblocker You are a Roleblocker in the _____ Mafia. ________ are also members of your mafia.

Each night a member of your mafia can PM me the name of a player. That member of your mafia will attempt to kill the targeted player. Your mafia only gets one kill per night. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that night, no kill will be performed. If I recieve more than one PM for the night kill from your mafia, only the first one sent will count. Other roles might interfere with your killing ability; you will not be notified if this happens.

As an additional ability, each night you may PM me the name of a player. That player’s night action will not occur. If I do not receive a PM before the deadline for that period of night, you will not block any player. If you are targeted by another roleblocker your attempted block will not take effect, and you will not be informed.

You may perform both a night kill and a roleblock in the same period of night.

You can talk with the other living members of your mafia at night.

You win if only members of your mafia are alive at the end of the game.
Yes they can.

I haven't had a chace to reread yet (I just got up).

pop
Tajo, K7's told us what he thinks about my case on BM/Korts. Korts has commented himself. Now what do you think? Is it a reasonable case?
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by destructor »

Korts wrote:D'oh, forgot. It just came naturally to assume, I mean, k7 assumed the same thing.
But k7 didn't start the day saying his number one suspect was populartajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by populartajo »

I don't know why BM did some things, either. My best guess would be that, considering his posting frequency at that time, he only had the spare time to skim, and couldn't provide a deeper contribution.
Pretty much what I was thinking. Also the game got a little bored when you and camn started to fill it with diverse acusations.
Des you have experience, do you think this setup needs a roleblocker to be balanced?
Im really waiting for that reread you know?
Call me Tajo.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by destructor »

I've got some stuff to do today, but I'll do it tonight.

I've played more than I've modded, so my experience only goes so far. My feeling is that scum are somewhat underpowered without another powerrole, but then the Trackers aren't going to catch scum immediately and scum had a wealth of possible fake-claims to work with. Given the two Docs, I feel a Mafia Doc is less likely, as three Doc claims would definitely have lead to their lynch (assuming they claimed Doc, which is what I think most scum would have done in that situation). There's also the confusion factor the town would have been in if we had more roleclaims/massclaim to take into consideration.

So, basically, I don't know. But I wouldn't be surprised if there was another one. I don't see that as
overpowering
scum, at least.

I
will
do that reread, but Korts' slip on you is looking damning to me. The whole point is that he was supposed to suspect you above all others, yet seems to forget this entirely when agreeing with k7.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by Adel »

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚
votecount as of post 1320

with 4 alive, 3 will lynch before deadline

˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚

¬Korts:
:destructorII
destructorII:
:populartajo

No Lynch:
none

not voting:
:killa seven, Korts,

Day 6 deadline is Sept. 18th.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by killa seven »

Here is some notable quotes from day 1..
populartajo wrote:Also, can anyone explain me why are we bandwagoning CKD?
curiouskarmadog wrote:
populartajo wrote:
Anatole wrote:How are my nice townie friends doing?
I dont like this kind of jokes, for the record.
QFT, and noted
Note both CKD and Anatole flipped scum..
Anatole was POP's first vote.

I will go threw day 2 in a bit.. also i am looking threw MME's posts he lurked hardcore day one.. and goborage's posts nothing really stood out.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:05 pm

Post by Korts »

destructor wrote:I
will
do that reread, but Korts' slip on you is looking damning to me. The whole point is that he was supposed to suspect you above all others, yet seems to forget this entirely when agreeing with k7.
About the reread, same here, later today I'll have some time to sit down and read and think. About the so-called slip, why is it damning that I believed pop's claim? The night choices make sense enough to me not to suspect him anymore.
scumchat never die
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 am

Post by destructor »

Korts wrote:About the so-called slip, why is it damning that I believed pop's claim? The night choices make sense enough to me not to suspect him anymore.
His claim, which scum could fake, makes you disregard how you found his
play
scummy?

Tajo, k7, are you buying this?

Rereading now.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”