Micro 923: Blatantly Bastard I - Abandoned

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:50 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Votecount 1.00
Not Voting (8) -
Governance de Magi, Grumble, Aristophanes, theslimer3, tehworst, BSG, Chronos, BBmolla

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-03-24 20:08:23)
Last edited by Blatant Scum on Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:53 am

Post by BBmolla »

No deaths?
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Blatant Scum »

Yes. No deaths.
Don’t forget about how when I asked him for a link to his scumgame, he linked THIS game. - Pyrrha Nikos
He usually never puts effort into reads like that, which does sometimes get him scumread, but since he was on an alt and we didn't know his meta, I can see CL!him making reads as an exception since he knows he'll probably be scumread otherwise.
-Hectic
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:56 am

Post by BBmolla »

I protected Ari
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh neat! Thanks Molla! <3
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

@Mods
Is Grumble returned to their slot?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:40 pm

Post by tehworst »

Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by Chronos »

Ok. Here's some analysis.

theslimer3 -

there's barely to be said about this slot, but I will apply a template that I use to read lurkers in general. His post in which he expresses his concern with regards to Aristophanes is fairly townie and to be honest, I can relate to the thought process. Ari's vote there is very shallow, his reasoning is questionable. Now, if we walk in slimer's shoes and assume he's scum, at a macro level, the last sentence makes no sense for him to make. Just imagine, he is in no danger of being scum read, and he has TSE strung up. Would a scum lurker make such claims, knowing that he will have to respond to further questioning upon flipping TSE town? No, he wouldn't. Defending TSE's wagon makes no sense, as scum I feel as though he'd just push an Ari narrative and already think about setting mislynches. The fact that he didn't vote there (hedge) is probably a town indicator, because, even though Ari's vote is fairly shallow, that's not enough of a good reasoning to justify voting for someone unless you have a flip.

Overall, probably a town slot.

BSG -

If I'm alive and are seeing this post right now, then there's a decent chance BSG is town here. If not, then there's an even higher chance I misread BSG and she's scum.

I started off scum leaning the slot because of what I would perceive to be weak early play. Your typical self-aware scum trying not to look self-aware. However, as I delved through their new posts, I was starting to cozy up to the idea of BSG just being town there. I didn't like her early on because she kept avoiding the bread and butter of my question, which was "what was bad about my reaction", she just insisted she didn't like it and pushed other aspects. I think her #100 in a vacuum can be easily faked as scum and actually scummy. I guess I can also see the "all talk / speculation but no action" type of thing, but as early as Day 1 and with the game being, you know, mainly speculation, it would seem like a weird thought to have? I did comment on how their actions didn't match what I would assume to be a reaction test. Meh, I don't know, I'll just drop it. I liked the question to Governance, didn't like post #115 because the intent was tehworst, which BSG had a scum lean on. Being that objective is also rather weird. If you're town, your only scum read is placing an intent on a slot that you seemingly expressed that you weren't interested in wagonning, and when your scum read places intent, you just go "yeah so other people should state why they are scum reading TSE more in-depth and my scum read can get a pass, because, why not?". Like, I just don't buy that your mind remained in a blank state when your scum read suddenly pulls an intent out his ass. You're both :

1) Not fighting against a lynch you seemed reluctant to vote for.
2) Not having second guesses when your scum read places a vote down / expresses intent. I don't actually comprehend why there's no click in your brain that forces you to just go "why the fuck are you placing intent on a slot you haven't talked about at all?" this actually looks really bad for BSG.

I started town leaning then scum leaning them, apparently, lol. Also, BSG is so nonchalant about this wagon in a manner that I find to be really scummy.

I started town leaning them because of their defence on me and I remember irrationally liking their push on me, but upon a review I don't have any reasons to town read it. Also, the "if I'm alive then BSG is probably town" is because BSG defended me and if she were scum, she always takes me out. Why? Because she pocketed me, which is done more by players that are scared of the players they are pocketing / want to have them out of control because they can be a thorn in the back. I would've pushed TSE and that would've been obvious, and BSG doesn't want to me to do that (presumably) and so they have double incentive to take me out.

tehworst -

already gave my opinion on this slot, I think this flips scum 9/10 times, a lot of the points are in my ISO, there's no reason to expound on this. The explanations I've given are enough for people to realise he's scum and just follow me on him.

Governance -

had an early gut ping of scum but I'm dropping it and will probably focus on sorting this for a huge chunk of Day 2.

BBmolla -

He was the second scum I would've paired with tehworst read, but now it's kind of turning around. I feel as though if tehworst was a wolf with BBmolla he wouldn't have voted on the same wagon as him, that's just carelessness and requires tons of balls. I think this is more of a slip because he doesn't care about BBMolla whereas, if he was scum with him, I think he would've been much more self-aware with how he was associated with BB's slot and maybe split push elsewhere. I know this is entirely dependent on tehworst's flip, so you can have the same template I made with slimer. kind of the same thing. he knows how bad he'll look post-flip. he doesn't vote that. like, it's not building up to anything, he's not outstanding in any way, if he's wolf he's purposefully creating a bad image.

Ari -

I was town reading Ari ever since he pushed TSE, I think the first few reasons for his vote are shallow but I liked and appreciated the spooling of his thoughts w/r/t his perception on how TSE was being lazy and I can see why someone would vote based on it. I like his probing of Slimer there and it reads as if Ari really believes his push, which is why he questions slimer continuously to figure out whether his callout of "ari's vote is shallow" comes from town or scum. I also feel like it's motivated by some indignation of "bro i think my vote is good, i have explained it, what the fuck are you saying it's shallow" which is never an incentive for a wolf to chase an interrogation on a slot for.

Grumble -

Thanks to Restless, we can all rest assured, this slot most likely never flips scum and I'm neither gonna explain it or re-evaluate this until maybe F3, which I don't think he'd even make it that far, but still.
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:10 pm

Post by Chronos »

By the way, it might be misinterpreted or just not understood at all, so let me refine why I’m saying Tehworst is not a wolf with BB because he voted on the same wagon as him. Tehworst had him as an early scum lean and it continued throughout the day and he’d keep mentioning BB scum, so it makes no sense to push the same wagon if he’s scum with him and it makes a lot more sense he’d just not think about how bad it would look for him.
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by tehworst »

tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by tehworst »

so like, I don't know if I believe the world exists where mafia no kill, and claim a doc on someone
but its possible, because why exactly do the wolves not kill the claim doctor? I mean its possible the wolves are afraid of a watcher? but like a watcher and a tracker existing, IDK if I believe that
@Chronos
I am not a wolf, but who is my partner in your wall, maybe I missed it
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Post by tehworst »

I remember now why I stopped playing here, because you all seem to like reading people based on who should and shouldnt die
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by tehworst »

I feel as though if tehworst was a wolf with BBmolla he wouldn't have voted on the same wagon as him,
says what? why is that so ballsy?
I think that mindset depends more on the player's personality then anything realistically AI
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by tehworst »

vote: BBMolla

ya this being alive makes no sense, and the reason you offer to why he is town means absolutely nothing
its just weak associations

if I was to guess, its probably you and Molla
but I will see what everyone elses thoughts on your wall is
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:30 pm

Post by Chronos »

Vote: BSG
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Chronos »

In post 312, tehworst wrote:
I feel as though if tehworst was a wolf with BBmolla he wouldn't have voted on the same wagon as him,
I think that mindset depends more on the player's personality then anything realistically AI
Because it makes you look terribad. Either way, no you’ve got some explaining to do, mainly :

Why did you place intent on a wagon that contained a scum read of yours?

Why did you suspect TSE when you didn’t comment at all about him?
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by tehworst »

In post 315, Chronos wrote:
Because it makes you look terribad. Either way, no you’ve got some explaining to do, mainly :

terribad how? and Molla hasnt flipped anyways
like mafia isnt just 1's and 0's, we aren't coding in assembly here
that's why this game is so fun, because you just never know

I don't know much about my intent being on a wagon that contained a scum read
but 1. we could be wrong and 2. They could be bussing anyways

I personally didn't hate TSE as much as my other heads did, at least not until he self-voted and almost hammered himself
My mind read that as him thinking he was hammering, and when he didn't, it looked really wolfy
You will have to ask whoever was taking a forefront to this game for better answers, because it wasnt me
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by tehworst »

In post 315, Chronos wrote:

terribad how? and Molla hasnt flipped anyways
like mafia isnt just 1's and 0's, we aren't coding in assembly here
that's why this game is so fun, because you just never know

I don't know much about my intent being on a wagon that contained a scum read
but 1. we could be wrong and 2. They could be bussing anyways

I personally didn't hate TSE as much as my other heads did, at least not until he self-voted and almost hammered himself
My mind read that as him thinking he was hammering, and when he didn't, it looked really wolfy
You will have to ask whoever was taking a forefront to this game for better answers, because it wasnt me
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by tehworst »

In post 315, Chronos wrote:Why did you place intent on a wagon that contained a scum read of yours?
Pretty sure the answer to this one is 'because we're a 23-headed hydra and occasionally disagree on reads'

- Della Porta
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by tehworst »

@Chronos
Why are you not voting me?
Chronos
Chronos
Goon
Chronos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by Chronos »

Reading one player is better than reading 100 players in one head.

And I’m not reading you as a whole, call the guy who placed intent then, I have no interest in talking to anyone that hasn’t typed in their keyboard vote : TSE and submitted.
Blatant Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Blatant Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:57 pm

Post by Blatant Scum »

Yes, Grumble took back as soon as they were being replaced.
-Hectic
tehworst
tehworst
Townie
tehworst
Townie
Townie

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:45 pm

Post by tehworst »

@Chronos

Not sure what I think about that wall. Maybe I put you closer to null for it.

I agree with my other head's choice of voting BBMolla.

- Banana
Grumble
Grumble
Townie
Grumble
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Grumble »

why are you voting BBMolla if they're the only role to have claimed a protection on someone else?

~Eve
grumble grumble
Grumble
Grumble
Townie
Grumble
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Grumble »

In post 307, Chronos wrote:Also, the "if I'm alive then BSG is probably town" is because BSG defended me and if she were scum, she always takes me out. Why? Because she pocketed me, which is done more by players that are scared of the players they are pocketing / want to have them out of control because they can be a thorn in the back. I would've pushed TSE and that would've been obvious, and BSG doesn't want to me to do that (presumably) and so they have double incentive to take me out.
this doesn't make sense to me - why would she as scum kill someone's she pocketed over other people who are more townread?

also why have you now voted her? don't tell me you're some kind of unlynchable jester

~Eve
grumble grumble

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”