SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (isolation #0) » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:28 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 83, insomnia wrote:
In post 82, Nero Cain wrote:but can't we just policy lynch TSE today and then lynch Garmr tomorrow?
por que no los dos?

Dayvig: TSE

aight we move to garmr now
Let’s try and keep this game in English. Not all of us understand Spanish, and even if you aren’t a native, we should stick to the ironically named
lingua franca
of Mafiascum - that is English.

VOTE: Bob3141 - numbers in his name, was scum earlier today, and the numbers are the start of Pi - clearly a metaphor for the irrational decisions he’ll make town make. We may as well lynch him right now.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:48 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 819, Black Ranger wrote:The hood does not have a list of people with access to it. It actually says the opposite.
That’s interesting. I’m also in a neighbourhood, but mine lists all the people with access at the top.

Quick note: in response to , I’m unable to post or even look at the game for almost my entire day due to school website filters. If you don’t believe me, you can check the last game I played in where I said the very same thing.
I’m also going to UNVOTE: my RVS vote. I could see TSE being a viable lynch, but I want to wait for everyone to post at least once before putting a vote down. They might have some information we’re missing, or even just do something
conpletely
stupid that tells us they’re scum.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:00 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 836, insomnia wrote:i wanna policy one of dsjstr or sausaurus because they have the same picture and it fucks with my facial memory recognition brain wiring thing stuff
Fine, I’ll change it. Give me a few minutes.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #876 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:41 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 870, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 819, Black Ranger wrote:The hood does not have a list of people with access to it. It actually says the opposite.
In post 831, SausasaurusRex wrote:That’s interesting. I’m also in a neighbourhood, but mine lists all the people with access at the top.
Something feels off with this, generally hoods, or any PTs for that matter are supposed to list all the people who are in it.

@Saus -
are you in the same hood as BR or are you in a different hood?

@Drixx -
can you confirm that Black Ranger is telling the truth about the hood not having a list of people in it?
I'm in a different neighbourhood. I'm interested in Drixx's response. It seems strange for the neighbourhoods to be different, and if they're not it's a weird thing to lie about, knowing that literally anyne in his neighbourhood could say something.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:23 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

VOTE: Tictac seems like the best lynching target at this early stage.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1578 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:08 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Sorry, I was gone for a little while. I had thought the reasoning for my vote was obvious, but it appears not. Whilst I am certainly not newbie scum, I am newbie large. I have never before played in a game with over 13 people, and I'm finding it very hard to keep track. I'm struggling with keeping track of everything everyone's saying, but what I can do is have townreads. Whilst I might not be insightful enough to draw my own conclusions, (at least at this stage, once we get more information I promise I'm better), I felt that I could have certain townreads that I trust. They are yet to do anything I have seen as scummy, and so I trust them to put their vote in the right place. Therefore, I followed their conclusions and voted as they did. Please note that this is not sheeping. Sheeping is voting the wagon with the most votes. What I am doing is voting the person that my townreads vote, and also making sure their reasoning doesn't seem illogical before I do so.
Now, about what TheFonz said about me being scum. TheFonz has never before played with me, and so I don't blame him for his lack of knowledge about me. But no matter my alignment, I am always self-conscious. Put it this way: I know that I am definitely town. It is impossible for me to be wrong about this. Therefore, if I get myself lynched, I am helping the anti-town aligned players. Therefore, I should try my hardest not to seem scummy, as that helps me not get lynched. I know this holds for any alignment, but, if you wish, you can look at my meta to see I am always like this.
When I said that Tictac is the person to vote now, that was because new information may arise. It may turn out that Tictac is town, in which case Tictac was not the right lynch. But currently, unless someone does somethig stupid, I will vote Tictac.
TheFonz also says that I seem unused to being scum. However, I argue that, were I scum, I would have had 5 others to help me. If I were the player that is aligned with only himself (I don't know what alignment this is called, so I'm going to refer to it as the one-man), then I would certainly have remained quieter. There was no reason for one-man me to vote someone, as I don't care who is lynched, provided it is not me. I would have simply asked questions and appeared to be thinking about it, whilst I waited for everyone else to lynch themselves.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1584 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:27 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1580, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 1578, SausasaurusRex wrote:But currently, unless someone does somethig
stupid
, I will vote Tictac.
SCUM
A townie would say unless someone does something scummy; but not stupid.
That`s a slip up
VOTE: SausasaurusRex
It’s not. Someone can do something scummy, but if I believe both people to be scum and am fine with either one being lynched, I’m obviously going to keep voting Tictac as he’s the more likely lynch. In contrast, if someone does something
absolutely
stupid, and there is no way town could have possibly done it, I’m going to vote them.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1588 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:30 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In response to TheFonz’s post on who my townreads are, my strongest ones are Elsa Jay and Insomnia, who both voted Tictac. I trust their judgement.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1594 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:42 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

I just get a towny vibe from them. They make insightful reads and arguments, and they don’t appear to have done anything scummy. Whilst you can’t see it, me and Elsa Jay are in a neighbourhood together. None of us have put much in their, but Elsa asks useful questions and makes statements that may not be immediately obvious, it appears as though she’s looking for information, which is always a towny thing to do, as scum knows everyone else alignment anyway. They know who they cannot kill, whereas town is forced to search for information.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1603 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:02 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1598, Kirari Momobami wrote:Elsa, sausage just said you haven't done anything scummy. You gonna take that from him?
I looked through his ISO again, just to check, and I’m still not seeing anything. If I’m missing something, just say, but I’m still hard townreading him.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:22 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

I’m novice tracker neighbour. You don’t want to kill me, because now all 3 non-town-aligned teams know about me. I’m a powerful role, at least after day one, and none of them will want me to survive. Therefore, they will all put me as their nk, or risk my survival. By not killing me, you save yourself.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:43 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1841, Hectic wrote:I think Rex will flip town, and yeah, Gobsie; Dolly's vote was the hammer. Good riddance to this day phase though.
It was? I would have sworn there were a few more votes before I got lynched.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:49 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1843, Hectic wrote:Yeah, I counted, sorry man, people really wanted to pick on the newbie. I should've defended you more since I know you always play like this.
It’s not your fault. It was my play that made me get lynched. Do not blame yourself.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:53 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

@Wake88 could we get a vote count?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:26 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1892, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1836, SausasaurusRex wrote:I’m novice tracker neighbour. You don’t want to kill me, because now all 3 non-town-aligned teams know about me. I’m a powerful role, at least after day one, and none of them will want me to survive. Therefore, they will all put me as their nk, or risk my survival.
By not killing me, you save yourself.
Ugh why did you claim, you were nowhere close to being lynched. This could probably still be a scum role though.

What does the bolded even mean? If we don't lynch you then we have to lynch someone else.
It meant that instead of scum nk'ing different town, they'll nk me. As all scum will want to kill me, they may end up wasting 2 of their nks, thereby saving two town.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:30 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1895, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1867, Something_Smart wrote:He's right though. He still probably eats a scum nightkill even if he is scum.
This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.

PEDIT: Oh shit Hectic's on to me, time to hide in the scum PT :shifty:
#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon. Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1911 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:48 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1902, insomnia wrote:
In post 1899, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 1867, Something_Smart wrote:He's right though. He still probably eats a scum nightkill even if he is scum.
This shouldn't deter people from voting him if they think he's scum. I don't think his claim itself makes it more or less likely that he's scum honestly. I think that the fact that he felt pressured to claim despite being nowhere close to the lynch threshold is scum indicative. Dolly's vote immediately after that claim is gross though.

#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon. Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
You don't think they were on already? Why? You town read everyone up to the point the reaction test was brought up?
That's not what I meant. It is highly likely that there were anti-town-aligned players on my lynch. It is unlikely, however, that they all were. I didn't want to give any of the ones that weren't on a chance to get on.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1913 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:50 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 1908, AaronFrost wrote:
In post 1899, SausasaurusRex wrote:

#

I'd thought I was a lot closer to being lynched, and
I didn't want various anti-town factions hopping on my wagon.
Also, I didn't want to risk waiting for a votecount, and thought I would have to make the claim now or possibly get lynched.
Why not? If you can identify who the anti-town on your wagon are, then that's good information for town in case you ever flip. You can look at who's votes were most opportunistic. Your play here feels very survivalistic.
How am I going to identify for certain the anti-town an my wagon? I can only see who visits who, not people's alignments. Even if I could, it'd take ages for there to be enough nights for me to check them all.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2351 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

I’m happy with a Black Ranger lynch, but I’ll wait for a claim or something from him before doing anything. Consider this a prod-dodge.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2921 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 2919, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 2910, RCEnigma wrote:Drixx/insomnia/saurus?
Saurus is in a hood with Elsa (?)

There's also a third hood that Nero/KM/Jackal is in. That one is entirely public knowledge in Nero's iso somewhere.

Mine is
Black Ranger
Drixx
Fonz
Psyche/Kagesong
Insomnia
and a few more.
Yes, I’m in a hood with Elsa. This is a prod dodge, and I’ll post some of more value when I get back from school.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3061 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:12 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 3056, Hectic wrote:Jackal is a terrible no-info lynch. Tictac is a great high-info lynch (previous wagon on him which was counterwagoned and then disintegrated).

Vote tictac please.
I agree, I’m actually happy staying on my vote.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3156 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 3152, The Fonz wrote:
In post 3101, Hectic wrote:grumble grumble, we were doing so well. I really feel like Tictac is scum now.

Rex is supreme lynchbait and the way's he's playing now doesn't really differ far from what I've seen from him as town.
I disagree. The prior town game I read, he survived, and he was quite quick to throw out votes based on hunches and single lines of reasoning. His defence that he is always cautious that he offered here is simply not true.
This is true. In my previous game, I played quite differently from how I normally play, but in all my other games I am a lot more cautious. It is true that I was not in my previous game, however.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3777 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 3762, Elsa Jay wrote:I will explain that day 8 if I'm still around by then.
Is day 8 an arbitrary point in the future or is it somehow relevant to your role?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4306 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4303, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:we potentially only have two kills left in play with the SK dead

I find it frankly impossible that scum aren't in the inactive useless slots, and the only thing that we do by lynching our scumreads in the active slots is:

1. we don't waste the scumteam's kill on them
2. scorched earth all the people playing the game while all the slots that aren't hang around

if these useless slots start actually playing or get replaced, then the situation changes and suddenly we can change track, but it's fucking mental to me that we're considering tolerating the presence of so many slots doing absolutely nothing just so we can gain a negligable advantage tomorrow
Unless you’re saying every remaining scum is a lurker, I disagree. It seems incredibly unlikely that all 10 scum are lurking, so if there’s even one active scum left it’s better to hunt for them than guess randomly at a lurker. You also mention a “negligible advantage”, but I argue that any advantage is better than no advantage. I’m not accusing you of being scummy, I just feel that this argument is incorrect.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4309 (isolation #24) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

What makes you say the other scum team will inevitably kill the scummiest player? For example, say a member of Red Scum is particularly scummy. Blue Scum could kill him, but there’s really not much point, because they could kill a member of town instead, while the town is forced to lynch red scum at some point. Sure, blue scum could night kill the red scum guy, but equally they can let town do it for them. It’s disadvantageous for blue scum to do it themselves, so there’s no reason they would.
Of course, if they knew the red scum guy to have particular powerful abilities, this argument doesn’t hold, but assuming it’s just a guy that looks scummy, it does.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4311 (isolation #25) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4308, Nero Cain wrote:hey Rex you should start scumhunting and tell us your results.
Give me a few hours, I’d like to discuss things with a few players, but due to time zones they won’t be online for a while I think.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4313 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:06 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Sorry, what I meant was that I felt some players were a little suspicious. Not suspicious enough for a vote or a proper argument yet, but suspicious enough that I should ask them a few questions. You don’t seem particularly suspicious, so I don’t feel the need to ask you anything.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4314 (isolation #27) » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 4310, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:
In post 4180, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:yes let's kill within the active players until the only slots still alive are the empty slots

that makes for a fun game
In post 4181, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:better yet

let's make sure we lynch all the scum ourselves so that we give the scumteams more breathing room to make kills with less risk of leaving a paper trail that can potentially be traced back to whoever's left later

sounds wonderful to me!
In post 4137, Alyssa The Lamb wrote:think of it this way

both scumteams are going to want to stall the game out because the amount of day phases needed to maintain the balance between the points where they'd be inevitably lynched or nightkilled is unreasonable

this means they want to kill all the most active town and the deepwolves to potentially remove town from having any significant threats as well as the other scumteam from inevitably killing them

we can let them wage that war now and analyze the aftermath later when the game is more manageable
I still disagree. By lynching lurkers we’re undoubtedly going to lynch town too, which brings scum closer to their goal. If we kill all the non-lurking scum, the lurking scum is undoubtedly going to stop lurking at some point, at which we can then assess all player’s scumminess again, and find the scum. It’s directly against our wingoal as town to risk lynching other town.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”