Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Elmo »

PokerFace wrote:Overall though, after I was lynched and my head was clearer, it was obvious Elmo was scum. That's the conclusion I cam to just before day 6 started. Of all people Elmo took the time to analize Incog vs Elderad during that day, when he himself significantly thought I was scum. Why do the extra effort if you've already done the job? Its because the job wasn't done he knew the game was continuing.
Ding ding ding.
PokerFace wrote: After All Why would Erg0 vote Elmo over Cow on day 1? Did he not say Cow was more suspicious.
{...}
Obv over distancing.
Ding ding ding.

For what it's worth, I'm not inclined to compare the skill levels of IRC and forum players; they're hardly mutually exclusive, for starters. In particular, the three IRC players I know of here (Shanba, Xyl, and PokerFace) are (imo) all decidedly above average, so I'm not convinced there's any basis to say it worked purely in IRC because of the skill level. I certainly think the immediacy of it works better over IRC.. I would probably have figured it out. I did briefly wonder how exactly we were supposed to win with that setup, but shrugged my shoulders and did what I would as town; I'd probably have figured it out if I'd thought about it. Oddly enough, the case I made against Eldarad is roughly what I'd have done if I were scum in his position, hmm? Wonder if I'd have won. :lol:
PokerFace wrote:Always decide for yourself. Make your own decision. You can't rely on others for if you are too trusting you will get burned.
Correct. I basically never rely on other people, and I've yet to suffer for it; in fact, I have difficulty finding a time when I've done it that it's helped me.
PokerFace wrote:Overall the game was fun for me and I feel I helped out some despite whatever your views of my actions may say. I am proud of myself always. If you want to criticize me, please do. I am open to others opinions.
I can't think of any. It was close to perfect. Elderad appears to have retracted his opinion. Considering it near won the game for the town, I'd be surprised if anyone had a bad word to say :)

Congrats and well played, PokerFace. I wonder if it'd be appropriate for eldarad to change his sig? ;)
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I have only one question here: why wasn't Elmo lynched the second I turned up scum? Seriously, people need to meta me more.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In truth I have
NEVER
really relied on meta before. That's right, I bullshited on wanting to look at meta shit just to get some people off my back. BUT that's only part of the reason I did it. I also did it because I actually wanted to try to use some of that stuff to enhance my knowledge of players I don't play enough with. I play with Erg0 and Tar alot in theme games and they have always been town with me in those games so I never took the time to meta them.

I only really meta-ed SSK, Ether, incog, Cow, and Mizzy. And none of them were scum. It appears SSK can now lurk like hell as town too.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I also did it because there were alot of people saying Mizzy looks like Mizzy from this game, and SSK looks like this and Ether looks like this. I didn't know WTF you guys were talking about there so I wanted to try and get an understanding for what a good number of you were talking about. I was partially adapting my style too much based on what others were saying
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by Incognito »

So, um, now that we won, we should totally watch some dancing girls.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Incognito wrote:So, um, now that we won, we should totally watch some dancing girls.
/in

Somebody ressurect me, Damnit! Or spend time convincing me and the girls that necrophilia is good.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by Erg0 »

When I was running this club we wouldn't have stood for that sort of thing.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Erg0 wrote:When I was running this club we wouldn't have stood for that sort of thing.
Well the whole point of a lap dance is that you are sitting down.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Patrick »

Yes!!

It was frustrating watching this game from the outside and seeing nobody really paying any attention to Elmo. When day 6 came, I was still expecting one of the townies to vote the other fairly quickly. Very good to see people willing to reconsider an assumption that they'd been making for a while, even if it did require PokerFace's gambit to show the way (which I do think was a decent gambit btw).

I still maintain (and yes, I've debated this with Elmo already) that the reasons for lynching him on day 1 were not poor; the only shoddy vote was Erg0's, which didn't turn me off the wagon because if Erg0 was scum I could have seen it as a bus just as easily as an opportunist jump on a townie. I don't feel Elmo would have posted in the same way as town. Activity would likely have been the same, but it was something in the posts that bothered me, not the lack of them.
Tarhalindur wrote:I have only one question here: why wasn't Elmo lynched the second I turned up scum? Seriously, people need to meta me more.
I think the answer to this question is fairly obvious. Elmo dropped down my suspicion list too when I found out Tar was scum (though interestingly, I'd have had more trouble seeing Elmo and Glork paired together). Tar's overcertainty of Elmo's guilt was what I saw as the biggest indicator of busing there, but I can easily see why Elmo would have slipped to the back of people's minds after that.

The setup looks balanced enough to me, and I thought the flavour was very good. Thanks to OGML for modding, and to the players who made this a close one. I got rather stressed about the game near the end of day 1, in part because I was entering an important exam period, but good game on the whole.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:49 am

Post by Patrick »

I received this PM when day 2 started, if anyone cares:
OGML wrote:Walking towards your car from the club, you notice the street light you had parked under has gone out. This alley is a lot more sinister without it. You nervously reach for your keys when you hear a sound behind you. Spinning around, your shout is muffled by a damp cloth over your mouth. The face of your assailant is all too familiar as the chloroform sends you into a dreamless sleep you never wake up from.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have been murdered. This means no more posting until the game is over. Big thanks for playing in my first game, and please come back for the post game discussion!
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Ether »

^_^

I requested the vanilla PM to be posted publically out of sportsmanship. It could have been used to confirm people based on common flavor, which wouldn't be fair in a mininorm game.

I screwed up pretty horribly on Day 2; I would have started acting reasonably earlier but I was busy trying to look like I was counterclaiming Glork out of fear that the scum would nightkill Tarcop if I backed off. So I got myself nice and tangled up, and then it gradually dawned on me that I was playing lightning rod for the wrong person.

Once I began second-guessing myself, I tried to tell the obvtown Acid--that's Incognito's name on iSketch--that, while I suspected Glork's claim to be bullshit, there was no attribute of it which I was counterclaiming him over. (Nubigena, where the godfather NPC died pregame--that game didn't have anyone with a godfather role. This game had an NPC dancer.) I totally shouldn't have expected that cryptic message to work, but I was desperate by then.

I was Scot's investigation the next night, for the record. Everyone seemed to think I was obvtown, but my role PM and the fact that I was
just that bad
in 530 were really all I had on me. You saw how far I took my process of elimination here; I was expecting to be on that short list and it would only be a matter of time before all my phony behavior came out.

At the start of Day 3, I said Mizzy was probably town, but that was actually comparing her vibe here to her vibe as scum in Packrats. Shortly after, I realized that she had to be the bouncer and felt kinda stupid for drawing attention to her. I cleared Eldarad because I was really really way too confident that Hasdgfas was scum, and thought Eldscum would have tried to deflect a wagon on someone who could actually get lynched. At like 48 hours to deadline, I realized that Eldarad would be back on Square 1 if Hasdgfas was town, but it was way too late to say that out loud; I'd look like I was setting up an extra lynch. I had to just hope Hasdgfas was scum. Which he wasn't.

So yeah, totally didn't see that nightkill coming. The QuickTopic made my day.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:30 am

Post by Ether »

I was about to go nominate PF for a title for his necrophiliac comments, but
Patrick
thinks his supersaint gambit has better potential.

Superfeint? Dunno.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:56 am

Post by scotmany12 »

I inv tar night one (guilty), ether night two (innocent), and ergo night three (guilty). On night two it was really between four people; ether, elderad, ergo, and mizzy (I was uncertain with all of them). Since I was not sure if I was going to get an inv that night I merely chose a name out of the hat. My night 4 inv, ftr, was elderad.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:58 am

Post by PokerFace »

Do what now? I kinda like the title in the title fairy I am already getting or are you noming me for something else here?

That necrophila thing was meant as a joke. I got a really diverse sence of humor. Did no one laugh at that comment? Don't tell me you guys thought I was trying to make an actual serious comment, cause I wasn't. I never take anything too seriously. I don't care who gets pissed off at my gambits and what not. This is the internet for crying out loud. Who the hell would care about their reputation on a website? I used that lie to garner support for my true belief that I didn't want to hurt the town.

In all the previous runnings of that gambit I was correct on who was scum pre-gambit. This time I was way off. Niether elderad or Incognito went into a panic of effort to get the other lynched. They stopped and assumed they had won which is what a townie would do in that situation under the impression scum had to be among us three. I was too focused and convinced i was right since that gambit had never been used in the wrong situation. So it looked like they were both giving up and if one of them was scum and giving up without an imediate confession, then they could follow the motions and win. And that would have been fail. I never planned for that scenario since I had never seen myself so wrong before running that thing.

As townie and as supersaint when I have run this thing I was always right before. And so there was never a need to plan out that part. I played bad as town at various parts in this game because I was a little disinterested. Ether noticed how little I was posting and the quality of the posts. If I was more interested role or whatever wise in this game compared to my other games, I think I would of had better motivation to play well. I enjoy being power with well planned actions of vigery or coping too much since they are everywhere on irc. When I play as nilla in forum and I just give a lack luster performance too often. I normally play like this when I have no night action (Supersaints got no night action). So I didn't think of even trying the gambit until mizzy okayed the mass claim. Then I just ran with it since nilla and supersaint play style are same for me. If I want to actually use my power as supersaint I kinda purposely got to play bad and here I just kinda allowed myself to do it. I wish I hadn't and just spent more time trying to get myself into it by enjoying the aspects of scum hunting nillas must rely on.

At any rate can I get a link to the quick topic and can OGML edit/update his actions post. I want to know who was investigated and how many times I was framed. I'd like a link to the scum quick topic if someone would be willing to hook me up.

@Elderad,
out of curiosity and comedy what did you want me to add to me sig at the start of the day?

@Ether,
what now about what nom?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

scotmany12 wrote:I inv tar night one (guilty), ether night two (innocent), and ergo night three (guilty). On night two it was really between four people; ether, elderad, ergo, and mizzy (I was uncertain with all of them). Since I was not sure if I was going to get an inv that night I merely chose a name out of the hat. My night 4 inv, ftr, was elderad.
So you never suspected me and just voted Cow showing no reasons because you thought he was scum for what you said later. Interesting.

I still think I got framed at one point or another but I guess it didn't matter if you never investigated or suspected me. Still want to know how many times I was framed and see the quicktopic though
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Ether »

PF wrote:Do what now? I kinda like the title in the title fairy I am already getting or are you noming me for something else here?
Sorry, didn't notice that. If you want that more, I won't go to the thread.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:18 am

Post by eldarad »

Incog's role PMs for the mafia included the link to the quicktopic thread:
http://www.quicktopic.com/41/H/dpQDwehgLi3
PokerFace wrote:@Elderad, out of curiosity and comedy what did you want me to add to me sig at the start of the day?
I think now is a good time for me to shut up and just be grateful that we won.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

Ether wrote:
PF wrote:Do what now? I kinda like the title in the title fairy I am already getting or are you noming me for something else here?
Sorry, didn't notice that. If you want that more, I won't go to the thread.
I'll think about it and get back to you aim sometime or something. Just pm me what you have in mind and maybe I'll pick that instead.
eldarad wrote:Incog's role PMs for the mafia included the link to the quicktopic thread:
PokerFace wrote:@Elderad, out of curiosity and comedy what did you want me to add to me sig at the start of the day?
I think now is a good time for me to shut up and just be grateful that we won.
Doh' I need to be more observant since I did not see the links in the scum pms earlier.

If you don't want to tell me, its cool. I got a good sence of humor and often particpate in insult comedy and the aristocrats joke with my acting buddies. So I just wanted to hear it for the lulz since I laugh at everything. I am glad we won too and that I was wrong. it allows me to prepare and get idea of a possible scenario for when that gambit is run with the wrong target. GG elderad. I glad I was wrong and that you and incog got the right scum lynched the next day.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was framed nights 2 and 3 acording the the quick topics. two nights instead of just one. I was big scapgoat this game. Cow was never framed and scot never investigated him. Now that be a wild card.

I wonder why Scot never suspected me. oh well.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:30 am

Post by scotmany12 »

You were never really high on my suspicions. I was also sure that cow was scum so I chose to inv people I was more unsure about.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

That makes sence investigation wise on not checking cow. I just kinda wish everybody thought like you with respect to me. So I was a little surprised you, Pat, and Eld (originally) thought I was town while Mizzy and incog, Glork and Ether (Kinda) thought differently. Oh well. GG

And though about Ether's title and I much prefer the one I'm getting for Loser Mafia over this title. The gambit was not run to its intended potential here so I don't think I'll be taking SuperFeint or anything along those lines. It did work well but I certainly did not plan it. I planned things out in Loser Mafia as scum somewhat. "Most"things went according to plan in that game and I still won despite the enormous headaches I got when I thought my plans were destined to fail.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Incognito »

Ether wrote:I was about to go nominate PF for a title for his necrophiliac comments, but
Patrick
thinks his supersaint gambit has better potential.

Superfeint? Dunno.
Yeah, I kinda, sorta think this title is probably better than "Too Useful", but I guess it's up to PF. =)
scotmany12 wrote:I inv tar night one (guilty),
ether night two (innocent)
, and ergo night three (guilty). On night two it was really between four people; ether, elderad, ergo, and mizzy (I was uncertain with all of them). Since I was not sure if I was going to get an inv that night I merely chose a name out of the hat. My night 4 inv, ftr, was elderad.
Hahaha... I find this hilarious. It was your quick vote of hasdgfas during Day 3 which led me to believe you had a guilty result on him. After he flipped town, I figured that you were still the cop but that a Framer was probably in the set-up who framed hasdgfas during that night. So essentially, I was right about a Framer but for a reason that couldn't have possibly been right. lol.
eldarad wrote:Incog's role PMs for the mafia included the link to the quicktopic thread:
Blasphemy. I wrote no such role PMs. =P
PokerFace wrote:That makes sence investigation wise on not checking cow. I just kinda wish everybody thought like you with respect to me. So I was a little surprised you, Pat, and Eld (originally) thought I was town while Mizzy and incog, Glork and Ether (Kinda) thought differently. Oh well. GG
Sorry, PF. I probably should have revisited your posts from Day 1 and beyond before placing that quick vote on you. But like they always say: everything happens for a reason, I suppose. Any other turn of events might not have led to that awesome SS-fakeclaim gambit and might have had the potential to cost us the game.

I really, really enjoyed this game a lot. =)
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Patrick wrote:Yes!!

It was frustrating watching this game from the outside and seeing nobody really paying any attention to Elmo. When day 6 came, I was still expecting one of the townies to vote the other fairly quickly. Very good to see people willing to reconsider an assumption that they'd been making for a while, even if it did require PokerFace's gambit to show the way (which I do think was a decent gambit btw).

I still maintain (and yes, I've debated this with Elmo already) that the reasons for lynching him on day 1 were not poor; the only shoddy vote was Erg0's, which didn't turn me off the wagon because if Erg0 was scum I could have seen it as a bus just as easily as an opportunist jump on a townie. I don't feel Elmo would have posted in the same way as town. Activity would likely have been the same, but it was something in the posts that bothered me, not the lack of them.
Tarhalindur wrote:I have only one question here: why wasn't Elmo lynched the second I turned up scum? Seriously, people need to meta me more.
I think the answer to this question is fairly obvious. Elmo dropped down my suspicion list too when I found out Tar was scum (though interestingly, I'd have had more trouble seeing Elmo and Glork paired together). Tar's overcertainty of Elmo's guilt was what I saw as the biggest indicator of busing there, but I can easily see why Elmo would have slipped to the back of people's minds after that.

The setup looks balanced enough to me, and I thought the flavour was very good. Thanks to OGML for modding, and to the players who made this a close one. I got rather stressed about the game near the end of day 1, in part because I was entering an important exam period, but good game on the whole.
You'd think somebody would have read Stargate SG-1, at the very least... you know, the game where I counterclaimed my own scumbuddy to try to clear myself.

Anyways, Scummy noms are up. The town deserves it.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:30 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

EBWOP: So does OGML, for that matter.
User out of ambit.