Micro 948: Noughts and Crosses Blitz [Game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.2
maxwell

Clover Ebi

GuiltyLion

T-Bone

Celeste

Blair

beeboy

O
Cat Scratch Fever

Dunnstral

X

GuiltyLion
(2): ,
Celeste
(1):

Not Voting
(4): T-Bone, Cat Scratch Fever, Celeste,

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-06-19 23:22:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:36 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Like, that is the weirdest flex when the three of us were on the same level in this game state.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:41 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I think you're taking my comment the wrong way, but this has helped me regardless.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

But, before I clarify my statement why do you think the statement itself is coming from scum me?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Declaring that he's gonna be the deciding vote on Day 4 when we haven't even finished Day 2 tells me he may actually know the board. Otherwise you would not be so quick to dismiss a Maxwell/Bone scum pairing. Which objectively that pairing makes a ton of sense regardless of how you feel about any other player.

Plus treating yourself as confirmed town when you are at best tied for the most townread player is not a protown look. This is really awful coming from Clover two days before that could even happen.

GL as my potentially soon to be confirmed town buddy, bounce your ideas with me. Pretend you have a nullread on everyone for the moment. What do you think?

Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

I naturally assumed I was going to get hammer due to previous comments and literally no one expressing a scum read on me. I don’t have a filer and that wasn’t supposed to come off as arrogant but it was my natural assumption at the moment. However in the back of my mind I was worried about what happened to me last game so I also made that statement to see if someone would have an issue or strong reaction to scumreading me so I could get rid of any doubts now instead of at lylo like last game. Arrogant is one of the last words that comes to my mind. Due to my lack of confidence and clear unawareness of how I come off at times that wasn’t my idea.

In post 454, T-Bone wrote:Declaring that he's gonna be the deciding vote on Day 4 when we haven't even finished Day 2 tells me he may actually know the board. Otherwise you would not be so quick to dismiss a Maxwell/Bone scum pairing. Which objectively that pairing makes a ton of sense regardless of how you feel about any other player.

Plus treating yourself as confirmed town when you are at best tied for the most townread player is not a protown look. This is really awful coming from Clover two days before that could even happen.

GL as my potentially soon to be confirmed town buddy, bounce your ideas with me. Pretend you have a nullread on everyone for the moment. What do you think?
Of course I am going to be thinking of lylo because I've accepted the fact if you and Max are the team I'll lose. I made that conclusion on day 1. Besides if that really was the scum team you guys already had the win. So I don't see why that's such a grievance for you. If the game is over because someone on the right side is scum that isn't really something I need to concern myself with right? I also am no where near treating myself as confirmed town. I don't know the board, but I am making assumptions because as I've said before, overthinking is what the mafia want with that kind of night kill.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

The issue with thinking about Day 4 LyLo is that we still have Day 3 LyLo to contend with unless Blair is scum. I know everyone scumreads CSF but to take that for granted is a mistake if you're town. If you, Max, and I all scumreads CSF we have a major problem.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:01 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Which to be clear, we do have that major problem!

Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:02 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Considering last game I was townread the entire game until 5p and then lylo where my townread turned on me you could say I have paranoia about being a largely townread slot. What I don't get is why does scum me just not...stay quiet about all that? Well, you don't really need to answer that because I can't give an honest answer on what I'd do as scum here. Mostly because I haven't played as scum on this site before. I wouldn't be doing this well though, probably? Maybe? I do well as scum on other sites but I never feel like it even if my winrate says otherwise. I feel like MS is an entirely new ball game though.
I lost the point I was trying to make in this statement, but I guess I'd want you to look at the game from a scum me standpoint and see if that makes sense.
pedit: If CSF is town I'm pretty sure we lose because I've planned to vote GL>CSF or a reverse of that the entire time. The scum team isn't the 3 of us so I don't see a problem.
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

Like, the 5p doesn't scare me because Max/You as a team doesn't make sense because you would've won already.

We lynch GL and Blair dies. Who does that leave? CSF who I will auto vote.

I hope that explains why I'm thinking of lylo rn and not 5p
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by T-Bone »

To be fair and I don't mean to dismiss you...I keep talking past you a bit because you can't be an objective observer in the way that GL can (or Celeste if she wasn't role-playing). Either you're actually scum and nothing you could say is helpful to me, or you're town and nothing I can say about you is helpful to you. Don't mistake this shift as something sinister.

Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

That's fine, I just want you to read my points so we can move past it. In my eyes its important to discuss reads on the three of us anyway so if this is the direction we're going I'm fine with it.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:12 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I don't include Blair in that because I don't like her attempt to lynch the IC as that comes across as incredibly opportunistic and scummy. But since I know we're lynching GL it's not worth the argument either.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:15 pm

Post by T-Bone »

I'm not suggesting we deviate from our current plan. I may want to tomorrow, I may not. But I also didn't want you to be surprised in 3p when I would push back on you being the deciding vote (and max is actually scum). That is ironically how I won last time I played this setup.

Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by Blair »

The IC dies in all of these scenarios and it's all being planned out irrespective of their hypothetical input so I don't really understand why that keeps coming up as a point against me.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:20 pm

Post by Clover Ebi »

That's fine! I lost my 2nd game on here in a familiar fashion so I felt odd about being so widely townread and worried at lylo that it'd happen again. I think it's better to talk about who you scumread here anyway. I'm not gonna shift from the current plan so using this time to talk reads on you guys is gold to me. For example, I feel like if I had to vote right now it'd be Max over you.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by T-Bone »

Good play right into my hands :p

Celeste
Celeste
Townie
Celeste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:21 am

Post by Celeste »

In post 452, Clover Ebi wrote:I think you're taking my comment the wrong way, but this has helped me regardless.
Pray tell, how has this helped you in reading T-Bone?
Hectic
|
Your meaningless words tire me. Please stop wasting my time.
Celeste
Celeste
Townie
Celeste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Celeste »

It is rather unfortunate but eliminating me may make us a metaphoric killing. GuiltyLion and Blair are likely town from nightkill optics. If it's not Cats + 1 of [T-Bone, maxwell, Clover], I would be losing a lot of my chips.
Hectic
|
Celeste
Celeste
Townie
Celeste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:35 am

Post by Celeste »

Blair, you truly are cold, callous, and in dire need of calcium. However, I underestimated you when I stated you were a junior detective. You are more like a... it is only now that I realise there is no word in the English language that indicates a level between "junior" and "senior". How troublesome. I suppose you could be a junior senior detective.

VOTE: Celeste

I welcome death.
Hectic
|
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:11 am

Post by T-Bone »

In a world where we wanted to save GL/Blair, we'd lynch Maxwell to force your death, not you.

Lynching Celeste is the worst move from the game standpoint and the tic-tac-toe standpoint. If you are town you should not be voting the IC! (that means you Celeste!)

maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:16 am

Post by maxwell »

In post 469, Celeste wrote:Blair, you truly are cold, callous, and in dire need of calcium. However, I underestimated you when I stated you were a junior detective. You are more like a... it is only now that I realise there is no word in the English language that indicates a level between "junior" and "senior". How troublesome. I suppose you could be a junior senior detective.

VOTE: Celeste

I welcome death.
Stop this NOW. Unvote. This is a massively bad play that is an autoloss for town if T-Bone is town, and I'd much rather see the right side flip than do this.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:22 am

Post by maxwell »

Even if you suspect either of us could be scum it does the gamestate absolutely no favors to remove yourself from it, and I'm completely not keen on handing Blair a victory here if she's scum, which I think is honestly highly likely as I don't see how the NK clears her at all, if she's scum with CSF it was autoloss if they didn't block his vote today.
Celeste
Celeste
Townie
Celeste
Townie
Townie

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Celeste »

Do you disagree that it is Cats + one of the top left trio? From my perspective, this eliminates 2 of the three. Mafia will have predicted the GuiltyLion lynch plan and so it's almost certain one of you three contains mafia. What they
won't
have predicted however, is the lynch the IC plan, so wouldn't have been placing any chips on this.

Lynching maxwell to force a nightkill on me makes no difference, I could care less, expect it means GuiltyLion will be lynched instead of T-Bone. Despite his condescending thinking pose, GuiltyLion is less likely mafia.
Hectic
|
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:30 am

Post by T-Bone »

CSF's most likely partner is Blair anyway. If CSF is scum I'd rank them Blair ->Maxwell ->Clover (and then of course you can fit me whereever you please).

But keeping the IC in LyLo is more important at this point. Lynching you (or Maxwell) gives us zero choice on Day 3. Mind you zero choice in Lylo!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”