Mini Normal 2159 | Cinder Block Mafia | Game Over!

Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Raya36 »

More from me tomorrow
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 50, callforjudgement wrote:As usual, much of what's been posted so far isn't alignment-indicative, but there are a few people who are possible to get (weak) reads on, even this early.

The first player who caught my attention was SJReaver (newbie greeting tell in #), but they've done it before as town (Newbie 2020). #13 still does seem a little off compared to SJReaver's usual first posts, but that might not be surprising for someone who usually replaces. # also strikes me as a bit strange, given that it's worded as a statement to nobody in particular. I can understand being angry with NM for quickhammering in a game in a past (he's historically done it quite a lot), but #13 isn't anger, and it isn't engaging with the person in question, or stating a read, or anything. It's just a statement, and I have no idea why it was made.
Townie pings.

I don't know how many of the other posters know that Not_Mafia will quickhammer at L-1. I do know that I end up at L-1 a great deal. I usually don't pay attention to vote counts against me as I'm used to people declaring intent to hammer and giving everyone time to comment.

That said, you've apparently read through some of my previous posts, comment on my making a 'strange' post is a bit paddy. It could be you trying to wrap your head around a baseline SJR but it could be a diligent scum planting seeds for pointing other 'strange' things you already know I'm going to say.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:58 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 75, Raya36 wrote:More from me tomorrow
I'll count the second until you bless us with your insight.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Not_Mafia doesn't
always
quickhammer at L-1, but it happens often enough to be a real possibility. (In my experience, when he
does
quickhammer, it normally ends up losing town the game due to the loss of information from that day's dayplay.)

Still, if it's a bad thing for you to get quickhammered at L-1, it'd be a bad thing for anyone else to get quickhammered at L-1 too, right? So if you wanted to warn people about that, I would have expected a typical person to write it more like "Not_Mafia is in the game, so be careful about putting people to L-1, he might well quickhammer". The way you wrote it was unusually self-centred, and there isn't an obvious reason why you'd write it like that (meta/playstyle, perhaps?).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
sordros
sordros
Goon
sordros
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by sordros »

Wow. At this point in time you are suspicious of the labeled RVS?
I guess I’d think it depends on the bandwidth each player has to invest on this but honestly I don’t get any clear read from what I’ve read so far. I’d consider random voting still valid. Let me go back and review the posts...
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 58, BananaCucho wrote:
There appears to be many UNCULTURED SWINE in this game - nobody so far has answered #4 correctly and I feel dated >:(
Assur or "I don't know." You're making a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 77, SJReaver wrote:
I'll count the second until you bless us with your insight.
In post 80, SJReaver wrote:
There appears to be many UNCULTURED SWINE in this game - nobody so far has answered #4 correctly and I feel dated >:(
Assur or "I don't know." You're making a Monty Python and the Holy Grail reference.
I recommend that you make fewer "fluff" posts like this (i.e. statements that are unlikely to be useful in reading anyone). If you do, try to attach them to a post that contains useful content, or combine them all into a single post.

What happens when someone fluffposts a lot is that the thread ends up expanding quickly and making the useful content harder to find; then people end up dreading having to catch up (and get frustrated at the "thread has been bumped" indicators), stop reading for a while, their eyes glaze over and they stop scumhunting. Then scum win. Reducing the number of posts like that (even if you simply just combine them) makes it easier for players to get into the game, and makes people generally easier to read.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 79, sordros wrote:Wow. At this point in time you are suspicious of the labeled RVS?
I guess I’d think it depends on the bandwidth each player has to invest on this but honestly I don’t get any clear read from what I’ve read so far. I’d consider random voting still valid. Let me go back and review the posts...
"RVS" and "Uncultured swine" both got essays in response lol. I don't know call, but I get the feeling this is just hows this player operates. Which should make for a fun time xD

What do you think of Woolter and SJR assigning early townpoints to them?
BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 80, SJReaver wrote:
Who are you who are so wise in the ways of science?
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:35 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 78, callforjudgement wrote:Not_Mafia doesn't
always
quickhammer at L-1, but it happens often enough to be a real possibility. (In my experience, when he
does
quickhammer, it normally ends up losing town the game due to the loss of information from that day's dayplay.)

Still, if it's a bad thing for you to get quickhammered at L-1, it'd be a bad thing for anyone else to get quickhammered at L-1 too, right? So if you wanted to warn people about that, I would have expected a typical person to write it more like "Not_Mafia is in the game, so be careful about putting people to L-1, he might well quickhammer". The way you wrote it was unusually self-centred, and there isn't an obvious reason why you'd write it like that (meta/playstyle, perhaps?).
In my experience, even good townies get caught up in people voting them and how many people are on their wagon. Because of the binary process of elimination (you are eliminated or you are not) a wagon doesn't matter until it's hit the claiming portion. In general, it's best to ignore it or it takes away from your mental overhead.

That is how I, me, Reaver play but because him, cowdude, not_mafia is in the thread, I me Reaver have to adjust that way of thinking.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:44 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 81, callforjudgement wrote:
I recommend that you make fewer "fluff" posts like this (i.e. statements that are unlikely to be useful in reading anyone). If you do, try to attach them to a post that contains useful content, or combine them all into a single post.

What happens when someone fluffposts a lot is that the thread ends up expanding quickly and making the useful content harder to find; then people end up dreading having to catch up (and get frustrated at the "thread has been bumped" indicators), stop reading for a while, their eyes glaze over and they stop scumhunting. Then scum win. Reducing the number of posts like that (even if you simply just combine them) makes it easier for players to get into the game, and makes people generally easier to read.
I can tell we're going to be best buddies.

ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

In post 41, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 15, ItalianoVD wrote:I know a few players in the playerlist (SJReaver, Frogsterking, & Walter)

I don’t know the others, but this is for everyone...

1. What is your mafia experience?
2. What is your play style strength(s)? Weakness(es)? Do you know?
3. In your opinion, what is the most important thing to look for while scumhunting? While townreading?

I’ll go first.
  • - This is my 5th game game onsite, however, I have been playing the wolf/village variation of the game on a forum called WeBL since about 2006. I’m still learning how to play the game on this platform; trying to get the terms down and all that; still learning the roles and alignment s and slots and all that, so by mafia standards I’m still a noob. ;)
    - I’d have to say my strength is the ability to townread players. Because of my overall experience I am right on village/town reads probably about 80-85% of the time all time. It’s obviously not that high on here, but still fairly high enough, I’d say about 55%. My weakness is scumhunting. A large part of this is my overthinking. Many times I’ve talked myself out of scumreads or finding wolves because of this. No matter how much I’ve tried to alleviate this flaw it keeps biting me in the butt, so I figured I’d focus on my strength and try to keep strengthening that.
    - I think looking for inconsistencies and either passiveness or aggressiveness given the context. When I townread, it’s mainly gut sometimes as I can’t point to something specific, but I’d say I look for a player being disagreeable and/or a player who has his own thoughts and mind and doesn’t go with the crowd.
Look forward to your answers.
What is this, an interview?
Of course it is. :P :cool:
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

And I like the fact we are out of RVS. I don’t like Day 1’s anyway so the quicker we can get to actually scumhunting the better.
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

Would like to hear more from Banana other than
ItalianoVD
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
ItalianoVD
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by ItalianoVD »

I’m out for tonight though. Will catch up and see what happening tomorrow.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:23 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 87, ItalianoVD wrote:And I like the fact we are out of RVS. I don’t like Day 1’s anyway so the quicker we can get to actually scumhunting the better.
We were in RVS?! I totally missed that what with my scum-pings on your slot.

Hoping you've rolled town and are trying to change up your approach to the game because you've already done two things that don't fit with your personality in the last game we played together.
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 89, ItalianoVD wrote:I’m out for tonight though. Will catch up and see what happening tomorrow.
Oh, thanks for giving us a post just to tell us you're not going to post anymore tonight. This totally adds to the gamestate and doesn't pad your post count.

Strange that I've never seen you post something so irrelevant on D1 before.

Wonder where you picked up the hab...
Oh.

Hey guys! Hey guys! Hey guys!

Did you know that you can pull up a log of all of other people's posts and search for specific words? Try that with ItalianVD and search for the word 'tomorrow'

((spoiler alert: he's never talked about how he's going to catch up/read more/post more tomorrow before))
SJReaver
SJReaver
Goon
SJReaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:15 pm

Post by SJReaver »

In post 88, ItalianoVD wrote:Would like to hear more from Banana other than
Verily, I have looked upon your iso
it is a barren field where no good fruit grows
Eleven are the number of your posts
yet all is filler.
Where is the scumhunting Italian of sweet memory,
and why do you wear his face?
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 79, sordros wrote:Wow. At this point in time you are suspicious of the labeled RVS?
looking forward to what you find.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:02 pm

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

I like the poem and gif
hmm
Same thing with raya and Italiano.
I do hear Coj on the posts, but let people be, you can't force them to adapt to how you want them to post.
Good night
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 50, callforjudgement wrote:The first player who caught my attention was SJReaver (newbie greeting tell in #13), but they've done it before as town (Newbie 2020).
Can we add this to the list of fallacies or scrub it from the wiki? This isn't a thing.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:27 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 46, RCEnigma wrote:By the end of page 3 I will have caught 1 scum.

Proceed.
Nope. By the end of day 1 no one will have caught scum. Never happened before, it isnt going to change here
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 50, callforjudgement wrote:My biggest concern, though, is with RCEnigma. #36 and #37 look like the sort of posts made by someone who is trying to be hard to read, for whatever reason. #36 is just a straight-up "help a newbie" post; such posts are generally good for the game, but townies tend to answer them as a side thought while doing something else, whereas scum tend to realise "ooh, this is something I can answer without giving anything away" and just answer them, betraying the fact that they aren't really thinking about the game more generally. #37 is an incredibly guarded answer to RQS questions, and the first time I've seen such questions actually produce alignment-indicative answers.
36 really should have said, stop rolefishing. So fair.

37 doesn't really matter, I have seen it produce alignment indicative answers previously but that was a newbie game and I think you're all big boys and girls.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 96, geraintm wrote:
In post 46, RCEnigma wrote:By the end of page 3 I will have caught 1 scum.

Proceed.
Nope. By the end of day 1 no one will have caught scum. Never happened before, it isnt going to change here
What if I told you I've already caught 2?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

COJ why does your sjr read end at 22 and not say... where Sjr had already done exactly what you're scumreading me for?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”